PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated: UK fair news

STL
9th February 2008, 08:36 AM
http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/content.php?/transformers-news/story/6102/Toy+Fair+2008+update.html

Thanks to Break for sending across some more information form the UK Toy Fair, this time information from the Hasbro Buyers Catalogue. Here's a summary

1. Transformers Animated 'Bumpber-bots' is the name of the new Cyber-slammer type line.
2. Animated 'Activators' are scout-sized versions of characters which feature spring loaded transformations.
3. There will also be a Cyber Slammers version of Animated Bumblebee.
4. Universe Legends were listed
5. A supreme-scale 'Roll Out' Optimus Prime that has a moving mouth with sounds from the cartoon!"

__________________________________________________ ____________

Damn that's going to make things out of scale. I'm assuming there will be no leader class Optimus Prime as it seems awfully redundant to have a Leader and a Supreme. A fair few versions of Prime once again but I'm pretty happy.

Universe Legends? Hopefully new moulds based more similarly to the Cybertron ones. Those I can dig. Great for the G1 bases.

More Cyber Slammers? Gah. Hopefully they're at least new characters... I can live with that and might even buy them.

My biggest hope is that Hasbro don't flog the walls with merchandise based on Animated and focus on their Legend, Deluxe, Voyager, Leader and Supreme Class offerings.

autobreadticon
9th February 2008, 10:53 AM
woohoo for legends

Pipesqueak
9th February 2008, 03:52 PM
According to the earlier UK Toy Fair info from the same site there are leader versions of Prime, Megatron and Bulkhead.

Transformers Animated

Bulkhead was shown in three sizes. Deluxe, Voyager and Leader class. The leader size had a large jetpack with four wing blades coming out.

Optimus Prime was also shown in the same three sizes.

The voyager scale Megatron was on display along with what was probably the leader class, due to its size, helicopter version which had a cannon on the underneath of the cockpit. Minion asked the Hasbro representative who is was and she confirmed it was Megatron. It reminded him of the Miles Mayhem chopper in MASK.

Transformers Animated Fast Action Battlers were on display, though the line has officially bene renamed, only Minion can not recall exactly what to. They now have electronics and sounds as well as the pull back action and pop-out features. Three figures were on display, though Bumblebee is the only one he can recall at this time.

Jazz was also shown off in vehicle mode looking very sweet and G1 like (colour wise).

Other Animated figures were also on display, but nothing else was new as was the packaging.

Transformers Movie

Hasbro confirmed that the Transformers Movie line will run, within the UK, up to the launch of Transformers Animated, at which point it will be phased out. The Robot Heroes Optimus Prime / Bonecrusher 2-pack was part of the display.

Transformers Universe Classics AKA Classics 2.0

Sunstreaker, Prowl, Onslaught and Powerglide were all on display.

Powerglide was fully coloured and was pretty big, comparable to Jetfire. Not enough red for Minion's tastes as they made a lot of use of silver on his colouring.

Onslaught was much chunker than expected, the SWAT APC mode looked much better in person than the official images.

Sunstreaker had been over-handled by the end of the weekend and had fallen to pieces (it was a prototype being displayed).

Prowl looked great

Robot Heroes

Blitzwing and Galvatron were on display, as were a few others. They all looked great and continue the tradition of these collectable figures

Marvel Transformers

The Marvel Transformers were also on display, the first three figures being Hulk, Venom and Iron Man. Much smaller than the metamorphs and comparable to the Star Wars Transformers. Venom turns into a jeep/APC, Hulk a Tank and Iron Man a jet. They all looked pretty cool

i_amtrunks
11th February 2008, 11:27 AM
Im a little suss about the Leader variants, it seems like too many Primes as well.

Guess I'll have to do a little research to get the best version of each figure.