PDA

View Full Version : Botcon panels 1/12 - Collector Club Magazine.

griffin
5th June 2009, 08:53 PM
Friday 9am.
Panelists - Pete Sinclair, Forrest Lee, Lanny Latham, Trent Troop, Greg Sepalak, Dan Khanna.

5th Anniversary of the Collector Club.

Slides shown:
-Magazine Features - Interviews, Hasbro Previews, Animated Techspecs, 25th Anniversary articles, Profiles.
-Mirror Quintesson (for their mirror universe story) called Aquarius, a hippy with 5 faces of compassion, joy, love, peace and satisfaction.
-Mirror Universe villian 'Omega Doom' (Omega Supreme).
-Another 7 Shattered Universe prose stories on the Club website, including:
Dungeons and Dinobots (I thought this one was done last year)
Do over
Eye in the sky
Transhuman
Blitzwing Bop
Ultimate Salvation
(plus a bonus story at the end of the year)

The Club Panel tomorrow will reveal the next two Club store toys.

The club Forum software won't see any upgrades as they plan to replace it entirely eventually.

Nexus Maximus - there's a funny story (which I only found out at the convention), but will talk about it on the Club Panel report.

The five Membership figures that combine into Nexus Maximus are from different allegiences, but the combined figure is not alligned to either side. It is one of the first 13 created by Primus, and is inherantly good, but not an Autobot.

Razorclaw convention toy is from the 2006 BotCon comic.

Movie toy moulds still off limits.

Prose stories on the website with Heatwave in them, fit midway into this year's club comic.

2005 Membership toy (Skyfall) now sold out.

Wanted to do a Seacons story, but didn't/couldn't.

Mirror Universe started out as an idea for their GIJoe exclusives, but talking it through, found that it was better suited for Transformers.

Rik Alvarez came in late to talk about the Convention comic.
The extra 'seeker' jets in the Convention comic were Hooligan (orange), Hellbat (blue/yellow), Guyhawk (red I think).
The comic is set in a cartoony-esque universe, but not actually in the cartoon universe.

iceburn
5th June 2009, 11:25 PM
Nexus Maximus - there's a funny story (which I only found out at the convention), but will talk about it on the Club Panel report.

I know about this from the youtube review of the club toys :D

Kyle
6th June 2009, 06:14 AM
I know about this from the youtube review of the club toys :D

I clicked on the NSFW link found on TFWiki... :D

Sky Shadow
6th June 2009, 08:43 AM
I clicked on the NSFW link found on TFWiki... :D

Yeah, I did the same thing last Tuesday after reading this: http://shortpacked.livejournal.com/508196.html

I would have thought that Hasbro wouldn't be allowed to use a name that's the same as an existing toy from another company. :p