PDA

View Full Version : BotCon panels 5/12 - IDW comics.

griffin
5th June 2009, 11:31 PM
Saturday 10am.
Panelists - Chris Mowry (writer), Nick Roche (artist/writer), Denton (editor), Andy Schmidt (editor/writer), Casey Coller (artist), Robby Russo (artist), Mike Costa (writer), Jim Sorenson (writer).

Slide show:
TFs ROTF Adaptation
Weekly May-June
Simon Furman - writer
Jon Davis-Hunt, Alex Milne - Art

Alliance and Defiance TPB covers (both now out)

Tales of the Fallen
(six spotlight-type stories)
Simon Furman, Chris Mowry - writers
Carlos Magno - art

#1 - Bumblebee (August)
#2 - Sideswipe (September)
#3 - Jetfire (October)
#4 - The Fallen (November)
#5 - Arcee (December)
#6 - Ravage (January)

Best of UK
- Prey TPB
- Omnibus

Animated - The Allspark Almanac
August
Jim Sorenson, Bill Forster - writers
Includes Bios, every animation model, episode guides and locations used.

The Ark (complete edition)
August
Jim Sorenson, Bill Forster - writers
Both volumes together, plus an additional 10-12 pages of extra stuff like character models.

Spotlight Cliffjumper
June
Shane McCarthy - writer
Robby Musso - art

Spotlight Metroplex
July
Andy Schmidt - writer
Marcelo Matere - art

All Hail Megatron #12
June
Shane McCarthy - writer
Guido Guidi - art

All Hail Megatron #13-16: Coda
July-October
Costa, Cannon, Furman, McCarthy, Roche - writers
Chee, Coller, Figueroa, Guidi, Raiz, Roche, Santalucia - art

(plus a couple of GIJoe slides for the Movie adaptation in July and Origins in September)

Q&A.

Furman's 'The 13' comic is no longer on their schedule, so maybe won't be happening now.

A Wreckers comic is in the works, but nothing definite yet.

Coda #15 explains Kup after his Spotlight.

There will be a big 'creative change in direction' after Coda is done.

No plans for a GIJoe/TFs crossover now that both brands are back in the one publishing stable.

Metroplex will be the last Spotlight for a while, because of the new 'change in direction'.

No more Beast Wars comics in immediate future.

No stories outside of their Gen1 universe (like RiD, Victory, Energon etc) in immediate future.

The change in vehicle designs in All Hail Megatron was to go 'back to basics' to help sell comics to those more familiar with their classic forms.

There was a question about why AHM had a European Union army and their nuclear weapons - both of which do not exist in the real world. Panel suggested that it the comic is fiction, so can incorporate fictional concepts, but the fans would need to ask the writer of AHM.

And for those like me who didn't know, and were too lazy to try to find out, IDW stands for Idea and Design Works.

Kyle
6th June 2009, 06:31 AM
There will be a big 'creative change in direction' after Coda is done.

First Simon then Shane... and with them cancelling "the 13", sounds to me they might be using some new writers.

Paulbot
6th June 2009, 10:24 PM
The change in vehicle designs in All Hail Megatron was to go 'back to basics' to help sell comics to those more familiar with their classic forms.

This was the answer to my question asking if Hasbro has requested this to help sell the toys. :D

I also asked if they would be putting out a Hardcover collection of the Movie comics (like they did with the two volumes so far of the IDW comics). So far they have no plans unless people ask for it. I said "Ok, well I'll ask now, thanks :) "

roller
6th June 2009, 10:30 PM
And for those like me who didn't know, and were too lazy to try to find out, IDW stands for Idea and Design Works.

it actually stands for Independant DreamWave :confused::D