PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro AU Questions?

griffin
10th February 2008, 12:32 AM
It seems that Hasbro AU are ignoring more of my emails than usual (no reply from the last three), and they are always something important:
- last one was asking for info on when decent toy supplies can be expected again.
- one before that was about reporting Knock Offs (for their benefit).
- and the one before that was about asking when the Animated toys and cartoon expected here.

The idea was to ask these sort of things as a representative of our fan community so that they only have to respond to one query instead of dozens. Since they probably ignoring me now despite being as polite and non-harassing as possible, I was thinking that a new approach needs to be taken.
If they really are concerned about customer satisfaction (as seen by the recent DVD Optimus exchange), then maybe they need to have these important questions asked by other fans who they don't know, and would have to treat them as valued customers, answering their queries promptly. (I may be a valued customer, but they would know that I would still keep buying the toys no matter how they treated me)

So here's a thought - I post here an important question (when the need arises), plus give the Hasbro customer service email address, and get as many of you as possible to send in the email. It might only get about a dozen of you with the time or effort to do it, but maybe it might get Hasbro to start taking us seriously. Or at least prompt them to prefer it just be the one email from a representative (as it used to be) instead of from everyone.
And they couldn't just ignore all the emails, in case one email could be from a parent or kid who has nothing to do with us (provided there is no mention of Ozformers in your emails).

What do you guys think?
Is this a bad idea in case Hasbro decides to blacklist everyone here, instead of just blacklisting me?

I'd really like to get some advance warning on when we can expect the Animated cartoon and toys here, in case the cartoon just starts showing out of the blue. And the AUS Toyfair isn't until the second weekend in April, which is ages away.

Pulse
10th February 2008, 02:05 AM
Sounds like a good idea. I'd definitely put my hand up as someone willing to send them emails trying to get a point across over issues such as poor/zero distribution compared to the US (eg. Alternators Mirage/Camshaft/Ravage/Rumble) & other topics. If need be, I'd happily re-write my own emails with the centralised topic so that they can see that there is more than just one person who's not happy with the TF situation Down Under. Hopefully that'll spark a bit of their attention.

Something tells me they've probably put your email address in the folder marked "junk". They must reckon you're a machine who pumps out one email after another - & therefore doesn't deserve the satisfaction of a reply. Damn Hasbro Aus.

Tober
10th February 2008, 03:29 AM
Collectors make up about 20% or the fanbase in the USA but I think down here it's substantially lower. We are a minority that they don't really care about.

It is suprising that they arn't responding to basic queries tho. And don't they know who you are Griffin? I would have thought it would have been through them that you got the Pre-screen invitations etc.

Don't we basically know that they Animated toys and series are coming here mid-year?

Those shipping date estimate lists are really useful tho - shame if they arn't providing that info for us anymore.

Otherwise get an Angry Mom on the line to them - nothing gets a toy co's attention like an Angry Mom! ;)

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2008, 10:19 AM
Perhaps we could also call them. :p

roller
10th February 2008, 10:50 AM
Or we could just rock up to their Epping Office

G1Optimal
10th February 2008, 10:54 AM
It is Possible,
That we are not the only boat in the ocean "pun intended" and they may want to help sending emails to there closest Hasbro's as well.....;)

springah
10th February 2008, 12:05 PM
Hasbro doesn't like the hardcore.

We buy stuff, sure. But dudes like Gok complain/call/email/etc so much, I wouldn't be surprised if the hassles they go through aren't worth our business at all.

Like customers who used to call us at the Helpdesk (for all the ISPs ive worked for). Most customers we'd help no problems.. then we'd have the customers that would call or email at least once a month, usually with crap that nobody had the time or cared about (ie, MY TORRENTS DOWNLOAD SLOW, HELP!) and they just weren't worth having as customers due to the un-needed hassles they gave the staff.

Point is, the more we email them about dates and times and complaints, the less likely they are to respond, IMO.

dirge
10th February 2008, 12:17 PM
As far as I was aware, Goktimus hasn't contacted Hasbro in years...

springah
10th February 2008, 12:20 PM
As far as I was aware, Goktimus hasn't contacted Hasbro in years...

Was an example of the 'hardcore'...

autobreadticon
10th February 2008, 12:23 PM
Sorry i dont like the idea griffin, maybe Hasbro are really bisy. But it annouys me that you are basically representing a large community and they still do not reply.

suggestions are :
demonstrate we are a large and active community.

we should send a FREKIN large chain letter with all our emails adress and then send it to Hasbro last. This will show how organsise the how large the fanbase will be But basically Griffin should be the one that should represent this community and not let hasbro be harass with constant emails from the fanboys ^^

Or you just add all the usernames of this forum at the bottom of your emails to show the persons interested in the response of this email

Soundwarp
10th February 2008, 12:44 PM
Lets cut them away and only order bulk lots from the USA and save money!

G1Optimal
10th February 2008, 01:18 PM
Hasbro doesn't like the hardcore.

We buy stuff, sure. But dudes like Gok complain/call/email/etc so much, I wouldn't be surprised if the hassles they go through aren't worth our business at all.

Like customers who used to call us at the Helpdesk (for all the ISPs ive worked for). Most customers we'd help no problems.. then we'd have the customers that would call or email at least once a month, usually with crap that nobody had the time or cared about (ie, MY TORRENTS DOWNLOAD SLOW, HELP!) and they just weren't worth having as customers due to the un-needed hassles they gave the staff.

Point is, the more we email them about dates and times and complaints, the less likely they are to respond, IMO.

If you meant that they will get used to it...I agree, "in a way"
because, it is possible if they don't take notice they may gain more disgruntled customers or/& may loose more business than they did before.

"Wonders" could that be one of the reasons why they are getting rid of the local Customer Service Centres, they could be feeling they are causing more disgruntled customers, in which they can get a cheaper equivalent service overseas. It may even be more so if they do loose customers, as why would they want to justify the expense "if they do not have many customers"..
"Sorry,if i have offended, it is just that i can't help wonder this"

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2008, 03:01 PM
Let's picket outside their office! ;)

G1Optimal
10th February 2008, 03:53 PM
Let's picket outside their office! ;)

Thinks...
To bad that "Blaster" and "Optimus" Sig isn't real then....

:D ;)

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th February 2008, 03:59 PM
I think griffin's idea sin't all that bad. I will be in on it. Surely Hasbro can't go around ignoring all emails that come in a eventually they should answer one somewhere.

Perhaps this will show them that they should pay attention to us and they will start voluntarily dishing out juicy bits of information. After all, a list of release dates on when figures are due, would only increase our anticipation.:o

Blacklisting everyone would have the possibility of causing bad press, as word gets out that they never answer customers emails.

griffin
10th February 2008, 06:41 PM
But basically Griffin should be the one that should represent this community and not let hasbro be harass with constant emails from the fanboys ^^

This was my concern, which is why I was seeking other opinions before deciding which way to go with this. I'm happy for anyone to contact Hasbro yourselves, but an organised bombardment of their email inbox, could indeed make it worse for us to get info from them.

I'm just annoyed that they just don't even have the decency to even respond to tell me that they can't comment or answer my queries. You'd at least think that those of us with huge collections of 1000+ figures would have earnt a little respect from them. We may be a small portion of the market, but add up how much all of us 140 odd members spend each year on retail Transformers purchases, and you have a fairly hefty profit margin for Hasbro AU thanks to us.
They should at least acknowledge that, and thank you guys for all the time and money you put into buying their product, while also remaining loyal to the toyline no matter how unreliable they are with supply.

G1Optimal
10th February 2008, 08:54 PM
in responce to griffin :)

IMO, Australia really needs something like a collectors club "or something along those lines". :D

Although I don't think Australia may not be a big enough market to justify one, "whoever dose create one" maybe able to get other neighboring countries to justify one?

and Hasbro (Aus) ,"if not other local Hasbro's" will be able to use this at the very least to find out how much stock to bring in to try and accommodate the collectors and the casual consumers.
As well, as actually having someone/people that represents Local TF Fans and are able to have some kind standing with the local Hasbro's...:mad:

As again, this is just IMO of course
"Just" had a thought has anyone tried contacting Hasbro (US), even to at least explain the problems we are having....
" if you can talk to the Head, why talk to the Legs & Arms? " :D

autobreadticon
10th February 2008, 09:44 PM
like i said just add all the usernames or first names of members of this forum at the end of each correspondents.

e.g

dear hasbro

come on, no love?

from the following members : sdfsdfs,sf,sf,s,fsdf,s,f,fsd,fs,f,sf,s,f,sd,fs,f,s f,s,f,a,d,ghfg,jgh,kgh,jg,j,j,gj,ghj,g,jg,jg,j,ghj ,g,jg,hj,ghj,g,jg,j,ghj,g,hj,ghj,gh,jg,hj,ghj,gh,j g,hj,ghj,gh,jg,hj,ghj,gh,jg,j,gj,ghj,gh,j,ghj,g,d, fgd,hg,j,l,,dg,fj,jhk,d,g,dg,fj,,df,s,,g,,df,h,fj, f,jfg,j,j,gj,g,jg,j,gj,

When they see the members that are intersted in HAsbro answering the question, it will sure grab their attention

STL
10th February 2008, 09:44 PM
I'm all happy to e-mail them. I think what might be good is we try to present ourselves as a cross-section of potential buyers. Some as parents, collectors, kids, etc. Might encourage them to be more responsive.

Saintly
11th February 2008, 09:37 AM
perhaps an online petition against Hasbro might help? get some signatures then send them

springah
11th February 2008, 10:30 AM
perhaps an online petition against Hasbro might help? get some signatures then send them

They usually don't do jack :/

I'd say a community email would be best.

griffin
11th February 2008, 11:50 AM
IMO, Australia really needs something like a collectors club "or something along those lines".

We can't. Fun Publications owns one of the few international TFs licenses with their collector club and convention licences.

As again, this is just IMO of course
"Just" had a thought has anyone tried contacting Hasbro (US), even to at least explain the problems we are having....

Tried that as well, at two different BotCons, with the various important Hasbro people there. (or at least, they listened to my concerns, but *claimed* they would follow up on it)
I'll be hassling them again this year though, as it's one of the things I look forward to each BotCon now. I'll give them a hard copy of my questions this time to help them remember though.

like i said just add all the usernames or first names of members of this forum at the end of each correspondents.

I'd have to get permission from each person on the email/petition before I could include them. And besides, Hasbro know about us here, and have a read from time to time (to make sure we are behaving).

I also have to keep in mind that we are only one of three significant fan communities in this country, so I don't want or expect special treatment as the largest community, just some respect and decency from them to at least send some sort of reply - even if it is to say that they can't give an answer. I send probably 1 or 2 emails a month to them, so it's not harassment, and each one is a serious query. Maybe I should send a complaint in about their unsatisfactory level of customer service.

G1Optimal
11th February 2008, 02:09 PM
We can't. Fun Publications owns one of the few international TFs licenses with their collector club and convention licences.

:eek: How the heck, did that happen.....:eek:
"especially" when we have nothing like a club in Australia.:mad:

Tried that as well, at two different BotCons, with the various important Hasbro people there. (or at least, they listened to my concerns, but *claimed* they would follow up on it)
I'll be hassling them again this year though, as it's one of the things I look forward to each BotCon now. I'll give them a hard copy of my questions this time to help them remember though.

Thanks Griffin ;)

Maybe someone/few people should say....
"We are here and We are waiting" while giving them something, with signatures on it. :D
Sorry couldn't help myself :o

autobreadticon
12th February 2008, 12:46 PM
Hasbro reported a 25% in global sales ..... ozformers to them is chump change :(

G1Optimal
12th February 2008, 05:21 PM
Hasbro reported a 25% in global sales ..... ozformers to them is chump change :(

Sorry
I didn't mean it by, just Ozformers alone. :o

do you mean it by an increase of 25% in global sales/profits, because that doesn't sound right?

1orion2many
12th February 2008, 05:21 PM
:)Well here is a response from Hasbro Australia, I went ahead and emailed a couple of questions and got a very quick reply from them.

Hi Fraser

Once a year at Toyfair we present our product range to retailers, it is generally up to them as to what products we import into the country. If they (K-Mart Etc) do not wish to range the product, then we do not carry it for that year.

We are terribly sorry that it is sometimes not possible to bring the complete range of Transformer figures into Australia .

The situation to date has been that the small size of our market (from a global perspective) has prohibited us from bringing in the less desirable figures - from a regular consumer's point of view. This is particularly relevant to the figures which are made available later in the range - as most regular consumers have already bought all the Figures they intend to by now!

Our figures are imported in assortments, the makeup of these assortments is decided in the USA. So - instead of now ordering only the new figures, which we have not yet received, we may receive 2 new figures only in a case of 6 - which leaves 4 old figures on the shelf too.

I'd like to thank you for your correspondence, and assure you that we do take on board your concerns, understanding that this can be frustrating for a collector such as yourself.

Transformers Animation toys may be in Australia in June - July, but we have nothing definate yet.

As I said above it was a very quick response and as you can see helpful as well as very polite. I have no complaints with Hasbros communication because they more than covered the questions I put to them.:o

roller
12th February 2008, 05:29 PM
We send em an email b4 they release their stuff

and beg them to send the ones we want

then we have a mass hunger strike outside epping offices

G1Optimal
12th February 2008, 05:32 PM
Hi Fraser

Once a year at Toyfair we present our product range to retailers, it is generally up to them as to what products we import into the country. If they (K-Mart Etc) do not wish to range the product, then we do not carry it for that year.

We are terribly sorry that it is sometimes not possible to bring the complete range of Transformer figures into Australia .

The situation to date has been that the small size of our market (from a global perspective) has prohibited us from bringing in the less desirable figures - from a regular consumer's point of view. This is particularly relevant to the figures which are made available later in the range - as most regular consumers have already bought all the Figures they intend to by now!

Our figures are imported in assortments, the makeup of these assortments is decided in the USA. So - instead of now ordering only the new figures, which we have not yet received, we may receive 2 new figures only in a case of 6 - which leaves 4 old figures on the shelf too.

I'd like to thank you for your correspondence, and assure you that we do take on board your concerns, understanding that this can be frustrating for a collector such as yourself.

Transformers Animation toys may be in Australia in June - July, but we have nothing definate yet.

I don't weather to be happy with the response, or sad with what was said...

maybe, we should consider it. :(

dirge
12th February 2008, 07:29 PM
then we have a mass hunger strike outside epping offices

Hasbro are in Eastwood.

Enjoy your Channel 7 Sydney hunger strike :D

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2008, 08:55 PM

On an unrelated note (just out of curiosity) who wrote that email? Was it Khourry?

Tetsuwan Convoy
12th February 2008, 09:00 PM

Woot! June/July hey? Does anybody know the cause of the delay?

Maybe we should make fraser the new Ozformers representative:p

Saintly
12th February 2008, 09:27 PM
hasbro feeds just enough information for you to beg for more

1orion2many
12th February 2008, 10:53 PM
On an unrelated note (just out of curiosity) who wrote that email? Was it Khourry?

:confused:No name attached Gok, just Hasbro service centre if I remember rightly:confused:

griffin
13th February 2008, 03:25 AM
From what I was told, the emails go to their customer service/admin who redirects them to the applicable people or departments.
So it seems that I am being blocked, because 1orion2many just asked what I did weeks ago, and he got a reply within one day.
Looks like I'm just going to have to get other people to ask the important stuff we need to know about and post the results here. To be honest, I don't care who gets the answers, as long as Hasbro are giving us the info we deserve. If I'm a liability with this search for info, then we just have to do it another way to get you guys the answers.

Tober
13th February 2008, 08:36 AM
That's really strange that they would ignore you though. Especially if they know who you represent and have been supplying you with this information for a while now.

It seems that Hasbro AU are ignoring more of my emails than usual (no reply from the last three), and they are always something important:
- last one was asking for info on when decent toy supplies can be expected again.
- one before that was about reporting Knock Offs (for their benefit).
- and the one before that was about asking when the Animated toys and cartoon expected here.

You wouldn't have happened to mention Ages Three And Up would you? :p

i_amtrunks
13th February 2008, 11:40 AM
That's really strange that they would ignore you though. Especially if they know who you represent and have been supplying you with this information for a while now.

You wouldn't have happened to mention Ages Three And Up would you? :p

:p

That amused me greatly!
No surprise on the Animated Toys dates, hopefully the Movie toy trend continues, and we get these suckers a good fortnight before the yanks do.

kup
13th February 2008, 11:50 AM
From what I was told, the emails go to their customer service/admin who redirects them to the applicable people or departments.
So it seems that I am being blocked, because 1orion2many just asked what I did weeks ago, and he got a reply within one day.
Looks like I'm just going to have to get other people to ask the important stuff we need to know about and post the results here. To be honest, I don't care who gets the answers, as long as Hasbro are giving us the info we deserve. If I'm a liability with this search for info, then we just have to do it another way to get you guys the answers.

What could you have possibly done for Hasbro to "block" you?

It seems odd that they would do that, it must be a mistake or something.
________
Hungarian cooking (http://www.cooking-chef.com/hungarian/)

autobreadticon
13th February 2008, 01:39 PM
Hasbro is cold!

GoktimusPrime
13th February 2008, 02:56 PM
I just love how in that email they referred to Transformers Animated as Transformers Animation. :p (of course, "Animated" is already a terribly unimaginatively bland name for a series)

Saintly
14th February 2008, 10:41 AM
it's near impossible to block unless they placed Griffin's emails in the junk folder or perhaps they just ignored Griffin's emails. Either of those two could mean they are sick of hearing from Griffin.

so perhaps taking a simple stance of changing identity (ie. use a different email address or domain) then sending them an email might help.

I would also like to help ask Hasbro questions. They can't possibly block "all" of us and they would be stupid to block off the main email domain names.

autobreadticon
14th February 2008, 02:20 PM
lets harass toy stores such as toyworld or toy kingdom. They want to remain competitive to other retails, so its more likely they will reposnd promtly.

we can ask them when and if stores would like to email us if new stock and transformer products will arrive, this will help create a good partnership. In return we will say that stock will be purchased quickly by our members.

Tober
14th February 2008, 03:36 PM
Good idea, although regular customers might be a conflict of interest with their regular scalpers.

:eek:

liegeprime
14th February 2008, 04:06 PM
I'm all happy to e-mail them. I think what might be good is we try to present ourselves as a cross-section of potential buyers. Some as parents, collectors, kids, etc. Might encourage them to be more responsive.

Hehehe just a thought, but aren't we already really parents, collectors, kids in here? So in essence we will presenting ourselves as is.:D

You can add my email if ever Griffin!

Soundwarp
15th February 2008, 06:14 AM
Hasbro will just go "it's a bunch of old geeky nerds that refuse to grow up" forget them.

GoktimusPrime
15th February 2008, 06:36 AM
+1. IMO TakaraTOMY are better at caring for collectors than Hasbro.

Tiby
15th February 2008, 05:14 PM

I have become more and more convinced of this option. While I enjoy the hunt, I am wasting too much petrol and get too frustrated by the sporadic Australian releases, and prices!

I'd rather send my money to the US directly than send an extra large profit to them via Hasbro Aus.

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th February 2008, 11:58 PM
I have become more and more convinced of this option. While I enjoy the hunt, I am wasting too much petrol and get too frustrated by the sporadic Australian releases, and prices!

I'd rather send my money to the US directly than send an extra large profit to them via Hasbro Aus.

+ about 20!!!
I agree completely. I like a walk around the shops to have a look, but considering that since the movie toys and now that I think of it, the Classics have been around, I am finding it harder to get the buggers. I NEVER saw classics Jetfire in an aussie shop, and I check out practically any shop I am near that has even the REMOTEST possibility of carrying toys.

The last time I saw a full shelf of TFs, it was some movie deluxes. I bought the two I really wanted (dropkick and payload) and left. I came back 3 days after and there were none left!!!! They haven't restocked since. I think it was about a month ago.

The convenience of online buying, the strong ozzy dollar and the ridiculously high mark up on oz TFs compared to prices in the US had made me seriously look at buying them from the US.. In fact, If I remember correctly, thats what I did with the majority of the Classsics. I got most of them from BBTS and even with postage, it was either equal too or cheaper than local shop prices.

Sad but true.

roller
19th February 2008, 08:01 PM
we invite a TAKARA rep [Mr Takashima]

we show him around the country and pledge our loyalty with samurai swords

then we see how things go from there...

STL
19th February 2008, 10:07 PM
we invite a TAKARA rep [Mr Takashima]

we show him around the country and pledge our loyalty with samurai swords

then we see how things go from there...

ROFL! :D

1orion2many
19th February 2008, 10:11 PM
+ about 20!!!
I agree completely. I like a walk around the shops to have a look, but considering that since the movie toys and now that I think of it, the Classics have been around, I am finding it harder to get the buggers. I NEVER saw classics Jetfire in an aussie shop, and I check out practically any shop I am near that has even the REMOTEST possibility of carrying toys.

The last time I saw a full shelf of TFs, it was some movie deluxes. I bought the two I really wanted (dropkick and payload) and left. I came back 3 days after and there were none left!!!! They haven't restocked since. I think it was about a month ago.

The convenience of online buying, the strong ozzy dollar and the ridiculously high mark up on oz TFs compared to prices in the US had made me seriously look at buying them from the US.. In fact, If I remember correctly, thats what I did with the majority of the Classsics. I got most of them from BBTS and even with postage, it was either equal too or cheaper than local shop prices.

Sad but true.

:confused:I saw plenty of Jetfires over here Tetsuwan, mostly in Perth I might add, just before X-mas there was about 10-12 on the shelves at Myer but I must admit they didn't last long.

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd February 2008, 04:05 PM
:confused:I saw plenty of Jetfires over here Tetsuwan, mostly in Perth I might add, just before X-mas there was about 10-12 on the shelves at Myer but I must admit they didn't last long.

Aaah. I was in Japan just for the december in question and came back in January. So I must have missed them all. Still pretty sad the stock couldn't last a month.