PDA

View Full Version : G1 style soundwave

Kalixis
6th June 2009, 09:54 PM
Never had one as a kid, would love to get one; kinda confused at which one to get though, with the re-releases/repaints/etc out there.

What should I look out for? Heard one's actually a repaint of blaster, another only has space for 1 cassette and not 2 (?); what's the best soundwave to go for?

Ironhide63
6th June 2009, 09:59 PM
um...im also looking for sorta the same thig, id like to ask which is the one that fits the universe cassettes in it...by that i mean the Ravage that comes with Hound. how much does it cost and where can I get it.

blackie
6th June 2009, 10:20 PM
there is an abundance of generation 1 soundwave reissues of late

There are

Encore
Classics
Takara Book Style Reissues
the upcoming SDCC reissue

all will fit the tapes, and come with atleat one tape each (the sdcc one comes with 4 :D )

As for avaliability, best chances are for encore or classics, because the takara book style one can go for 100aud at least (i paid 100aud for my soundblaster last week)

The SDCC reissue may hit retail here, but is unlikely, so your best options are either ebay, or online shops such as toy-wave.com or robotkingdom.com etal

Ironhide63
11th June 2009, 03:38 PM
how much will the SDCC cost...? id better start saving considering i need the ROTF toys, ROTF game and dvd and a couple of online purchases happening...

Kalixis
11th June 2009, 08:07 PM
Looking at robot kingdom, they're asking for 59.90US for preordering it, not including postage.

MV75
11th June 2009, 08:52 PM
Get encore and the encore tape sets. This will satisfy you the most as a missing "childhood" toy as it's the single tape version and most g1 accurate. And has g1 style packaging.

Get the SDCC version only if it comes here to retail.

liegeprime
11th June 2009, 09:01 PM
to answer your other query, Classics ravage ( packaged with Hound will fit in the 2 tape soundwave chest mold, NOT the 1 tape soundwave type - so this does not include encore and takara booktype. Classics Ravage is thicker than the average G1 tape which is why it dont fit right.

jaydisc
11th June 2009, 11:23 PM
to answer your other query, Classics ravage ( packaged with Hound will fit in the 2 tape soundwave chest mold, NOT the 1 tape soundwave type - so this does not include encore and takara booktype. Classics Ravage is thicker than the average G1 tape which is why it dont fit right.

I completely disagree. He fits fine in my Encore Soundwave.