PDA

View Full Version : May/June round of Hasbro (US) Answers

reillyd
7th June 2009, 03:31 PM
TFW2005 has posted a link to both their next round of answers (June), as well as Hasbro CA, and some more general ones. I'm just going to link to their post
but here's hoping Hasbro AU gets back to Griffin.

Hasbro Answers Your Transformers Questions 2009 Part 4
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/hasbro-answers-your-transformers-questions-2009-part-4-167830/

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th June 2009, 02:52 PM
I find it hard to bleieve that they don't have any plans for 2010. If they don't want to say anything, then why don't ehy just say "its all shhhh" at the moment.

GoktimusPrime
8th June 2009, 03:44 PM
It's happened before. Remember RiD? ;)

griffin
8th June 2009, 03:51 PM
That is interesting, but also plausible. Judging by the rather hastely signed up deal between Hasbro and that cable TV network, and the fact that we have quite a few unreleased Animated toys that already have the toolings built, I get the impression that 2010 was going to be mostly movie toys to mid-year, a small selection of Universe at the end of the year (like the first Classics series that was also a space-filler) and some Animated toys scattered throughout the year with or without a 4th season. It just feels like Hasbro doesn't really have anything significant planned before 2011, and if TF3 really is going to be pushed back to 2012, we have a year and a half of some new line to fill the gap - something they don't need to start working on until later this year - well after this round of Q&A.

griffin
8th June 2009, 03:55 PM
It's happened before. Remember RiD? ;)

True.
Problem is, TakaraTomy haven't done anything significant (like a complete series) in the last few years for Hasbro to fall back on, like they did for RiD. They'd have to go way back to BW Neo and BWII before they get something 'new' for the US market, and even then, there isn't much left that hasn't already been poached in some way by Hasbro.

FFN
8th June 2009, 03:56 PM
I recall reading somewhere that they've already begun on the post ROTF-line.

griffin
17th June 2009, 10:39 AM
Since Hasbro AUS have said they want to resurrect our Q&A program, I had a look over the last round of US Qs - http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hasbro_Q%26A/May_2009
You'll need an hour or so to read through them all and follow the links for the answers (the wiki seems to be the best archive for the Q&A, but prefers not to archive the answers - which I think they should do a month or two afterwards).

roller
17th June 2009, 10:51 PM
im telling ya

since Animated is a sort of mondo version of G1

and since these days the idea that taking a year off, with no products on shelves, is considered impossible

there probably going to make an Animated movie

direct to dvd or tv movie

trust me

Zahhak
18th June 2009, 09:47 AM
im telling ya

since Animated is a sort of mondo version of G1

and since these days the idea that taking a year off, with no products on shelves, is considered impossible

there probably going to make an Animated movie

direct to dvd or tv movie

trust me

I accept this to be the truth and refuse to belive all others information, no matter the evidence.

The only other truth I will accept is the possiablity of an animated beast wars spin off, or another spin off focus on Team Rodimus...I reject all other realaties!

roller
18th June 2009, 08:27 PM
Zahhak i think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship :)

griffin
18th June 2009, 08:45 PM
And the universe trembled as the cult of roller was born...

SentinelPrime
18th June 2009, 09:31 PM
behold!!... roller!... nostradamus of the 21st century.