PDA

View Full Version : 5-page preview of IDW's Robot Heroes comic.

griffin
9th June 2009, 08:50 AM
This is aimed at the younger agegroup, and isn't meant to be part of any pre-existing universe, as you will see in this preview. Not sure why they included Arcee, as it doesn't make sense to have the Autobots arrive on earth and take up earth modes, with Arcee being the only one keeping a Cybertronian mode.
http://issuu.com/ryall/docs/tf_iamop

i_amtrunks
9th June 2009, 09:21 AM
Arcee I am happy to have, so that the book can have it's token "female".

Drift is the character who I have a problem with, Sideswipe or Ironhide would have been better choices, heck someone who had no airtime in the original cartoon like Skids would even be a better pick than IDW's latest fanmade craze that they are trying far too hard to make us like.

Other than that, I love the art style, the fonts are easy to read, particularly for younger eyes, the colour work is spot on, and the back to basics story is perfect as an introduction into the convoluted world of Transformers, especially for those who may know nothing but the movie-verse characters and story.

Will be picking this up, possibly a few copies to give away as presents.

griffin
9th June 2009, 11:26 AM
Damn, I didn't even notice him. Yeah, that's a bit weird. Kinda selfish in a way, to feature a character that isn't even a RH figurine, or Gen1, like all the other characters.

GoktimusPrime
9th June 2009, 12:20 PM
Kinda reminds me of Transformers Go-Bots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQVIUaPm1AU), only without any action.

Continuity error...
"We land in darkness and hide our ship deep underwater." -- in the next page you see the ship buried in the side of a mountain (volcano?) as the Autobots transform and roll out.

kup
9th June 2009, 12:36 PM
Kinda reminds me of Transformers Go-Bots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQVIUaPm1AU), only without any action.

Continuity error...
"We land in darkness and hide our ship deep underwater." -- in the next page you see the ship buried in the side of a mountain (volcano?) as the Autobots transform and roll out.

I saw that too.

Maybe they have a tunnel from the mountain that leads to the bottom of the lake?

Why Drift??:confused::mad:

I am sick and tired of IDW trying to push this character down people's throats. He debuted and got negative response - Deal with it!

At least George Lucas knew to tone down Jar Jar after the initial backlash even if he still persisted on keeping him around.

Sky Shadow
9th June 2009, 12:46 PM
I can't believe that they seriously put Poochie in this thing. Does IDW get appearance royalties every single time Drift turns up, or something?

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th June 2009, 04:41 PM
Was kind of enjoying the simplicity until Drift showed up. As much as I am for new characters entering the continuity as long as they are justified, this just seems a lame attempt to get kiddies to acknowledge the character and the GeeeWunner in me SAYS ITS WRONG DAMMIT!:mad:

SGB
9th June 2009, 05:28 PM
Love the artwork. Simplistic, yet still eye-catching.

autobreadticon
9th June 2009, 05:57 PM
lol @ Drift, acting like hes been there from the start of transformers...

Blink90210
9th June 2009, 06:31 PM
Looking forward to Drift slashing up them Decepticons!

roller
9th June 2009, 10:43 PM
hahaha sounds like Prowl and Optimus are more then just friends :D

STL
15th June 2009, 11:29 PM
I am sick and tired of IDW trying to push this character down people's throats. He debuted and got negative response - Deal with it!

Maybe we should just deal with the fact AHM still sells better than Maximum Dinobots and so they might be thinking that there's a future for the character. IDW's the publisher, they call the shots.

Not that I agree with the choice. I don't like it much either tbh as it has no context for a book that's supposed to be an entry point book. Look at Sunstorm for example, that monkey now has his colours done before Thundercracker/Skywarp.

kup
16th June 2009, 10:52 AM
Maybe we should just deal with the fact AHM still sells better than Maximum Dinobots and so they might be thinking that there's a future for the character. IDW's the publisher, they call the shots.

Not that I agree with the choice. I don't like it much either tbh as it has no context for a book that's supposed to be an entry point book. Look at Sunstorm for example, that monkey now has his colours done before Thundercracker/Skywarp.

First, I honestly don't think that Drift is a factor when it comes to AHM sales.

Second, IDW is the publisher and they do call the shots but that doesn't mean that I have to like everything they do or shut up about it - I am the costumer, they are not making comics as a charity to fans they are making them to make money, a business, and as a costumer I have every right to speak out about aspects of the product which I don't like so I don't have to silently accept them pushing Drift on everything they do.

GoktimusPrime
16th June 2009, 04:06 PM
Unlike Drift Sunstorm did originate from G1, as he appeared in "More Than Meets The Eye, Part 1" (and arguably in "Divide and Conquer"); though his rise from absolute obscurity is just phenomenal!

SilverDragon
16th June 2009, 06:56 PM
I find it funny how it seems to be poking fun at Drift's 'badass silence' in AHM.

GoktimusPrime
17th June 2009, 09:00 AM
"She turned me into a newt!"
"A newt?!"
"...I got better."
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail

:D