PDA

View Full Version : First pictures of Takara's MP USA Starscream

Adzma
11th February 2008, 09:15 AM
Taken by [Soundwave] over at TFans. He hasn't removed it from the packaging yet, but in the box, it looks exactly the same as Hasbro's, they haven't even translated the text. The only real difference is the Japanese sticker in place of the Wal-Mart one.

Clicky clicky! (http://thesoundwavegalleria.blogspot.com/2008/02/takratomy-usa-edition-masterpiece.html)

foor
11th February 2008, 09:48 AM
Very nice. Wanna pick one up myself. It's too bad that will never be available locally in Australia.

kup
11th February 2008, 10:21 AM
Very nice. Wanna pick one up myself. It's too bad that will never be available locally in Australia.

Its exactly the same as the Hasbro version we saw a 2-3 months ago being sold as a Toys R Us exclusive. However I am not surprised that you were not aware of them as they didn't even last a week on the shelves despite reasonable stock numbers.

See Hasbro, cool stuff sells better than random repaint junk :p
________
Fetish girl (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/515/girl/videos/1)

Tober
11th February 2008, 10:47 AM
The Japanese release has the faction logo on the nosecone and longer tips on the tailfins. Otherwise they are almost identical.

kup
11th February 2008, 10:52 AM
The Japanese release has the faction logo on the nosecone and longer tips on the tailfins. Otherwise they are almost identical.

Are you sure? To me it looks exactly the same aside from the Decepticon symbol.

When I get home I will have a good look comparing mine with this pic:

http://www.seibertron.com/news/index.php
________
JEEP WRANGLER HISTORY (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Jeep_Wrangler)

Adzma
11th February 2008, 11:40 AM
Are you sure? To me it looks exactly the same aside from the Decepticon symbol.

When I get home I will have a good look comparing mine with this pic:

http://www.seibertron.com/news/index.php
I've heard that it has the original tail-fins. If you feel Starscream's then Skywarp's or Greenscream's, you can definately feel a difference in pointy-ness.

Paulbot
11th February 2008, 12:21 PM
"Oh but I wouldn't buy the Hasbro one, Takara's will be some much better and much less dirtier."

Yeah. Right. :rolleyes:

Glad I got the Hasbro one while I could. :) :P

GoktimusPrime
11th February 2008, 12:53 PM
"Oh but I wouldn't buy the Hasbro one, Takara's will be some much better and much less dirtier."
People were making those comments because Hasbro does have a track record of stuffing up attempts of making Transformers look damaged or worn through paint apps (e.g.: 70s bumblebee).

To Hasbro's credit, they did a commendable job with their Starscream - there's really not that much to improve on. The one thing I'd most like to see improved - and am curious to see if Takara has improved on this - is the paint apps on the breast missiles (which was completely lacking in the Hasbro version).

It's too bad that will never be available locally in Australia.
As kup said, Hasbro's MP Starscream was available here as a TRU exclusive (apparently it's a Wal*Mart exclusive in the US). They were easy to find before Xmas, but since then they've become quite scarce.

STL
11th February 2008, 03:14 PM
Mine needs to be paid for. HLJ sent me notice. I'm not upset. It was a gamble I was willing to take b/c Takara have a better track record on fixing Hasbro's screw ups as well as delivering better quality in general. I'll compare mine to someone's when it gets here. A bit disappointed but hey we get an extra sticker...

darockk
11th February 2008, 04:09 PM
...See Hasbro, cool stuff sells better than random repaint junk :p

i thought MP USA starscream WAS a repaint? :)

i_amtrunks
11th February 2008, 04:31 PM
To Hasbro's credit, they did a commendable job with their Starscream - there's really not that much to improve on. The one thing I'd most like to see improved - and am curious to see if Takara has improved on this - is the paint apps on the breast missiles (which was completely lacking in the Hasbro version).

Got to agree here, the weathering and "damage" does not detract from the figure much at all.

As kup said, Hasbro's MP Starscream was available here as a TRU exclusive (apparently it's a Wal*Mart exclusive in the US). They were easy to find before Xmas, but since then they've become quite scarce.

Really? I only ever saw 3 figures, and nabbed one, a week later the other 2 figures were gone as well. The other TRU I visited in-between had no figures at all.

Adzma
11th February 2008, 04:50 PM
Considering Skywarp doesn't have coloured breast missiles, I wouldn't be too optimistic, but who knows?

1orion2many
11th February 2008, 05:06 PM

:)There was a dozen Screamers at Morley TRU in Perth but they only lasted about a day on the shelf, I was lucky and managed to nab one of the few remaining and that was less than 24 hours after someone had posted here on the board of sighting them. Scalpers I say:mad:.

dirge
11th February 2008, 06:54 PM
Takara's USA editions are usually just that - Hasbro toys in Hasbro packaging. With a sticker.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same thing as the one we saw in local TRUs.

GoktimusPrime
11th February 2008, 07:40 PM
i thought MP USA starscream WAS a repaint?
kup said "random" repaint. :) Hasbro Starscream is by no means random, but a very well planned and intentional repaint of MP Starscream to make it look more G1.

Really? I only ever saw 3 figures, and nabbed one, a week later the other 2 figures were gone as well. The other TRU I visited in-between had no figures at all.
I saw about 15 at TRU Parramatta. So many that I put off buying the toy at first, thinking that I might wait for the Takara version, but every time I went there I'd look at the toy through the packaging and eventually decided that it was a decent enough repaint, caved in, and bought one. There were still plenty left when I did and shortly after. It was only after Xmas that I haven't seen the toy since.

kup
11th February 2008, 07:51 PM
i thought MP USA starscream WAS a repaint? :)

"Random Repaint" Hasbro MP Starscream was certainly not a random splash of colors :)

Edit: looks like Gok and I posted at almost the same time :)
________
Valium Rehab Forum (http://www.rehab-forum.com/valium-rehab/)

autobreadticon
12th February 2008, 12:16 AM
this is the second non-micro toys i would neva get, but dont think i would be getting it anytime soon, even though i know the price will appreciate :(

i_amtrunks
12th February 2008, 10:48 AM
I saw about 15 at TRU Parramatta. So many that I put off buying the toy at first, thinking that I might wait for the Takara version, but every time I went there I'd look at the toy through the packaging and eventually decided that it was a decent enough repaint, caved in, and bought one. There were still plenty left when I did and shortly after. It was only after Xmas that I haven't seen the toy since.

Bugger, whenever I go to Parra, there is very little there!
Penrith TRU used to be a great store to go to, as it was where they would send all the leftover stock from other stores! Really wish i hadve gotten more $35 Alt Jazz's though.

foor
12th February 2008, 01:03 PM
:)There was a dozen Screamers at Morley TRU in Perth but they only lasted about a day on the shelf, I was lucky and managed to nab one of the few remaining and that was less than 24 hours after someone had posted here on the board of sighting them. Scalpers I say:mad:.

No Toys R Us up here in Darwin, only crappy Super Toyworld, But really? They got an Australian release and I missed it? Sold out in a day?

Urge to kill... rising....

Tober
12th February 2008, 01:20 PM
Well you didn't miss much really. If you order a reasonaly priced one from overseas like this one (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190197489494&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us) on eBay it would cost you about AU$95 which is how much TRU were selling them for anyway.

turtle boy
12th February 2008, 01:54 PM
That look exactly that same as the Hasbro one, I mean, I could buy another one(already did, its on it's way) put a sticker on the nose and say look i got a Takara US SS, not impressed sorry...

kup
12th February 2008, 02:37 PM
Like Tober mentioned, if you missed out on the TrU release, then this is an opportunity to get it and due to Asutralian inflated prices, it would cost you about the same to import it as it would retail.
________
Www.fucktube.com/video/35084/anal-creampie-and-a-cumshot-in-her-eye (http://www.fucktube.com/video/35084/anal-creampie-and-a-cumshot-in-her-eye)

dirge
12th February 2008, 08:36 PM
No Toys R Us up here in Darwin, only crappy Super Toyworld

Ah yes, I've been there. Bigger than pretty much any TRU in NSW, filled with... well, nothing. When I visited they had about 40 voice changer helmets and five Legends. I bought a Legends since it was the only thing I didn't have - aside from the helmet.

Urge to kill... rising....

You'd like my sister. She's in Darwin and feels the same way :D

foor
13th February 2008, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the tipoff Tober. I caved and bought it. Well, was a no brainer really. Now I will wait till it arrives. Price is too good to be true, praying it's not a KO.

Ah yes, I've been there. Bigger than pretty much any TRU in NSW, filled with... well, nothing. When I visited they had about 40 voice changer helmets and five Legends. I bought a Legends since it was the only thing I didn't have - aside from the helmet.

You'd like my sister. She's in Darwin and feels the same way :D

Yep! I was there a few months back and they had a few nice things on discount, like Alternators nobody wanted. All gone now though. Like you said, all I see now are voice changer helmets and the movie figures that don't transform. It's comforting to know your sister shares my pain. ;)

Tober
13th February 2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the tipoff Tober. I caved and bought it. Well, was a no brainer really. Now I will wait till it arrives. Price is too good to be true, praying it's not a KO.

Hasbro's MP Starscream retailed for US$49 in the USA at Walmart and then again through the Hasbro store. It is common for the USA to have their local Hasbro product retail at half the price it does here and everywhere else (eg Alternators were US$19.95, US$24.95 for the exclusives at SDCC, Movie deluxes are about US$10)

There are no KO Masterpiece Starscream/Skywarps... yet

foor
13th February 2008, 10:16 AM
Hasbro's MP Starscream retailed for US$49 in the USA at Walmart and then again through the Hasbro store. It is common for the USA to have their local Hasbro product retail at half the price it does here and everywhere else (eg Alternators were US$19.95, US$24.95 for the exclusives at SDCC, Movie deluxes are about US$10)

There are no KO Masterpiece Starscream/Skywarps... yet

I wonder, if the one I bought is the US version, or the repackaged US version for the Japanese market. I see no sticker. Japan is selling it for 10,000yen, and that's without postage.

Yeah, with our exchange rate so good to the US dollar now, it makes more sense to order them overseas lately. Lucky for me...