PDA

View Full Version : Cyb Optimus & Crumplezone 2-pack in Target.

jaydisc
13th June 2009, 04:46 PM
Golden Pheonix and I saw these at a Target in Melbourne, probably in advance of the toy sales. Price was $129.99.

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/IMG_0002.1.jpg

Eazy D
13th June 2009, 08:55 PM
Is the cybertron optimus supposed to be a repaint of galaxy force convoy?

blackie
13th June 2009, 08:57 PM
same mould yes

griffin
13th June 2009, 09:03 PM
They are both the exact same colours as their original Cybertron releases, just repacked in a 2-pack box.

Paulbot
13th June 2009, 09:21 PM
They are both the exact same colours as their original Cybertron releases, just repacked in a 2-pack box.

Isn't it the second darker Optimus Prime rather than the first version?

MV75
13th June 2009, 09:34 PM
The legs suggest it is galaxy force optimus prime. Yes.

jaydisc
13th June 2009, 09:43 PM
What are people's thoughts of these molds? I have neither and am curious.

MV75
13th June 2009, 09:47 PM
If you have wingblade (repaint of wingsaber), you can combine it with optimus.

jaydisc
13th June 2009, 09:49 PM
I have the movie repaint.... intriguing.

Golden Phoenix
13th June 2009, 09:58 PM
The legs suggest it is galaxy force optimus prime. Yes.

That is right
Linky Link (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_Prime_(Armada)/toys#LeaderGalaxyForce)

MV75
13th June 2009, 10:01 PM
The gold key gives it away too. :)

They should have gotten the prime/wingsaber pack though. That was better.

I'd only pay $80-90 for that pack too. It's something that really has no reference to the current line of toys and sticks out too much to make sense to kids.

Actually, speaking of making sense, it makes no real sense to me neither as crumplezone vs prime makes as much sense as primus vs my cat.

Crumplezone and ransack, yes, optimus and wingsaber, yes. This, no.

Golden Phoenix
13th June 2009, 10:12 PM
The gold key gives it away too. :)

They should have gotten the prime/wingsaber pack though. That was better.

I'd only pay $80-90 for that pack too. It's something that really has no reference to the current line of toys and sticks out too much to make sense to kids.

Actually, speaking of making sense, it makes no real sense to me neither as crumplezone vs prime makes as much sense as primus vs my cat.

Crumplezone and ransack, yes, optimus and wingsaber, yes. This, no.

As well as being without any changes and optimus being the "Galaxy Force" repaint instead of the regular one

It doesn't make sense does it?
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jimmey-11/Cartoons/0330chewbacca.jpg

MV75
13th June 2009, 10:17 PM
I don't get it.

Anyway, looks like you want this pack given your signature. :)

Tropisetron
13th June 2009, 10:35 PM
It's one of my favourite prime toy......If the price is right i don't mind getting it...

enforcer888
13th June 2009, 11:07 PM
Btw guys when is the Target sale?

JuzMel
14th June 2009, 12:04 AM
Prime is awesome, you can display him in a couple of different robot modes: with or without his add-ons: normal mode or super mode. He looks awesome in vehicle mode as well. Cyber key pushes out the blasters and is pretty cool.

Crumplezone, not sure, didn't open it. But as the rest have mentioned, this is the Galaxy Force repaint with the black windows, arms and legs while the Cybertron cartoon accurate one actually has blue windows,arms and legs.

lcz128
14th June 2009, 12:08 AM

This is personally one of the BEST Optimus moulds out there just cause of the many different modes and accessories. It helps that it was completely cartoon accurate and I love as well that you can swap between the two faces (shielded and without) without loss of articulation (yep - animated voyager prime's came from here first!)
Also I like the fact it combines with wingsaber (yeah, it's just another set of add-on wing-backpack with firepower, but I like it!)
See how much it goes for when the sales start - if it brings it down to about a hundred, get it I reckon -

Crumplezone - You've played with the remould that came after it - Dark Crumplezone once when I brought it over. Not the most amazing toy, but there's some play value to be had. Am quite boggled why they would pack these two together in a set. :(

At 129 it's not the best price... wait for a sale and see how much they go for - failing that, wait more and eventually they'll go on discounts... That said, I want that cyberkey that optimus has! SO SHINEY! :D

griffin
14th June 2009, 08:32 AM
Isn't it the second darker Optimus Prime rather than the first version?

Ah, yes it is. But still just a repack, and not even a redeco...
(which is a good thing for me, as I don't 'have' to buy it) :p

k.wong23
15th June 2009, 01:06 PM
Interesting...but for that price its too expensive!

i_amtrunks
15th June 2009, 01:14 PM
Price is about what the two figures separately would have cost you ($90 for Prime, $45 for Crumplezone).

The pack only makes sense that a high demand figure like Prime (imo one of the best toys in recent years) gets packed with a shelf warmer like Crumplezone. The toy isnt too bad, I skipped the original for the better paintjob of Dark Crumplezone, and quite enjoy the gorilla arms he has.

Not worth $129, but if the toy sale drops it to about $90 or less, certainly worth it, even just for the Prime.

Paulbot
19th June 2009, 02:30 PM
I had a look at Crumplezone at Target today and in robot mode it seems a lot darker than I remember vehicle mode Crumplezone looking on the shelf. Is that what the original one looked like?

I might be in for Crumplezone if someone wants to share the two pack (at a more reasonable sale price though... prefer to only pay about $25 for Crumplezone).

jaydisc
19th June 2009, 06:08 PM
I'm your man.

Krayt
20th June 2009, 07:32 PM
You need more toys Jay.... Keep it for yourself!!!

or you might actually like it yourself once you see it....

Either way... i'll Help Paulbot out if one of those happens

liegeprime
20th June 2009, 08:48 PM
Hmmm why did it have to be Crumplezone?:( I already have the mould - same version as well. Dont have this Prime version , only interested in that, gonna wait for the Sales...... that is if it ever does get available in my local target.

k.wong23
21st June 2009, 01:35 AM
Hmm i wish to pick this up, but i do not require crumplezone. Is this ever going to go on sale? I recall every store has a 'Big Toy Sale' soon

STL
22nd June 2009, 11:15 PM
Hmm i wish to pick this up, but i do not require crumplezone. Is this ever going to go on sale? I recall every store has a 'Big Toy Sale' soon

Target's been traditionally 2-3 weeks behind the other two major players - K-Mart and BigW.

jaydisc
23rd June 2009, 01:25 PM
26th of July I believe.

blackie
23rd June 2009, 01:37 PM
26th of July I believe.

thats a good day that is :D

i_amtrunks
23rd June 2009, 02:16 PM
thats a good day that is :D

yeah a day after I get my Birthday money, and the day before Uni Starts! :p

blackie