PDA

View Full Version : TF references on "Talkin' 'bout My Generation"

Paulbot
13th June 2009, 09:44 PM
I've caught up on the few episodes of this new Channel 10 quiz show and it seems that nearly every week there's Transformer questions.

The first show I saw had one team asked for the name of the Transformers home planet. No one knew!

On another a question was "Who led the Autobots in the the 2007 movie Transformers". Comedian Charlie Pickering from the "Gen X" team answered along the lines of it was "the greatest hero ever Optimus Prime"

In another episode the Autobot symbol was shown on a Tshirt as part of their identify the reference game, and correctly recognised.

And in the previews for this week it appears that one of the guests (I think it's Cram from Spiderbait) is wearing a t shirt with the Maximal logo!

I thought it was cool that Transformers is recognised as a suitable cross-generational topic to be a recurring theme for questions on the show. :)

Ironhide63
13th June 2009, 10:07 PM
i saw the one about who lead the autobots...i hope its a reoccuring theme to the show.

GoktimusPrime
13th June 2009, 10:07 PM
I was thinking about making a thread about Transformers "media" sightings. Hope noone minds if I use this one...

About a week ago I saw Nitro from The Shak wearing an Optimus Prime T-shirt (from Jayjays). Earlier this week my wife was watching "So You Think You Can Dance?" and someone was wearing a movie Optimus Prime T-shirt.

Blink90210
14th June 2009, 02:32 PM
Very funny show, I highly recommend you watch it if you're not one of the millions of viewers that tune in every week. I remember that first ep where they asked the Transformers home planet and no one knew, I was SCREAMING at the tv. Even the Gen-X'ers didn't know?!?

Tiby
14th June 2009, 05:24 PM
I thought the Movie question aimed at Gen Y was misdirected, as TFs are well and truly founded in Gen X.

Zahhak
18th June 2009, 09:43 AM
I thought the Movie question aimed at Gen Y was misdirected, as TFs are well and truly founded in Gen X.

it's probably got more to do with release dates then anything else.
On a side note though, is it just me or are the questions just way too easy..I know it's a comedy above all else but still...some of them are just..bah

i_amtrunks
18th June 2009, 10:42 AM
Kram's shirt threw me for a bit, a red maximal symbol is not what Iw as expecting, but I think that is what it was.

If it weren't for Micallef this show would be dismal (I like Keller, but she gets so little time), but get rid of the "Y" creature and it could be a whole lot better.

Robzy
18th June 2009, 11:18 AM
Lol, I saw these references too. Pretty cool! :)

On a side note though, is it just me or are the questions just way too easy..I know it's a comedy above all else but still...some of them are just..bahYeah, a lot of them are joke questions too! But while I think the questions are easier, I think a lot of the challenges are hard (like trying to put the right people in the right order on a timeline, etc...)

If it weren't for Micallef this show would be dismal (I like Keller, but she gets so little time)He is a comic genius! Very underrated!!

Zahhak
19th June 2009, 12:19 PM
If it weren't for Micallef this show would be dismal (I like Keller, but she gets so little time), but get rid of the "Y" creature and it could be a whole lot better.

I agree, Newstopia and Micallefs "world around us" where great shows.
I used to think the Gen Y guy wsa funny from what I saw on good news week...now I'm not so sure.

FFN
19th June 2009, 08:28 PM
I thought the Movie question aimed at Gen Y was misdirected, as TFs are well and truly founded in Gen X. That Gen Y guy is a complete idiot, though.

Sleeve
13th July 2009, 09:03 PM
Just saw the ad for this week's episode. Tony Martin tries to balance his weight on a G1 Optimus Prime trailer. :p

BigPenney
13th July 2009, 10:03 PM
Just saw the ad for this week's episode. Tony Martin tries to balance his weight on a G1 Optimus Prime trailer. :p

I saw that aswell.
Gave me a sick feeling inside. :(

Robzy
13th July 2009, 10:37 PM
I saw it too. I love Tony Martin, but how dare he stand on Prime! ;)

popculturepooka
14th July 2009, 08:33 PM
Looks hilarious!

hound
14th July 2009, 08:52 PM
He broke trailer and Prime! :eek::(

gamblor916
14th July 2009, 08:55 PM
He stepped on Pinkimus

Sleeve
14th July 2009, 09:21 PM
I love how they opened the trailer and "that's" how they revealed it was a Transformer, completely disregarding Prime himself. :p

Ironhide63
14th July 2009, 09:21 PM
it was probably the 25th anniversary Prime i had to return due to it being broken anyway...it would've been a return from somewhere...they wouldnt have the guts to destroy a real G1 Optimus Prime

Paulbot
14th July 2009, 09:38 PM
I'd have thought it would take more stress to break off Prime's arm!

nettie!
14th July 2009, 10:39 PM
I love how they opened the trailer and "that's" how they revealed it was a Transformer, completely disregarding Prime himself. :p

lol i know! i was like wtf really? losers *am coming to really hate the genY guy :mad: *

loophole
14th July 2009, 10:50 PM
l*am coming to really hate the genY guy :mad: *

90% of the reason why i cant watch the show is because of him, hes just a DUMBASS

G1Optimal
15th July 2009, 12:34 AM
He stepped on Pinkimus

What :D,

someone had me concerned for absolutely nothing...:p

i_amtrunks
15th July 2009, 04:53 PM
Was a bit surprised at them breaking the figure, but then realised it was a Pinkimus Prime and was happy he was broken, one less bad figure for the aftermarket...

Sleeve
15th July 2009, 05:24 PM
Pinkimus? :confused:

Paulbot
15th July 2009, 06:04 PM
Pinkimus, noun. Derogatory fan name for the recent Hasbro reissue of Optimus Prime; so named because of the light shade of red paint used.

Sleeve
15th July 2009, 07:07 PM
Mystery solved. Cheers mate. :)

King Atlas
15th July 2009, 09:46 PM
Is there a clip of this on the web? (I don't watch the show). Thanks peeps

SilverDragon
22nd July 2009, 05:46 PM
Wow. Tony Martin killed Optimus Prime. I suppose this makes him the Megatron to Pinkimus Prime.

TheDirtyDigger
23rd July 2009, 02:56 PM
Hey I thought there was a thread about this already somewhere???:confused:

:o:D