PDA

View Full Version : New Autobot in town!! <-(hint: its me!)

judgementprime
16th June 2009, 08:32 PM
Hi guys n' gals,

Just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself:
I'm a 20 something yearold (ok,ok late 20's) father of 1 and confessed transformers fanatic, whos been loving the original series since he could walk.

To give you some back ground I've had TF's since I was old enough to nag mum and point to the shelves. however I never managed to get Optimus (too exxy for mum apparently :rolleyes: ) although later on I managed to get an awesome purple decepticon (cant remember his name) that turned from gorilla to plane to robot (with a mini robot plug in head) that I think is now in pieces after being passed down to my nephews, just like the rest of my collection.

I signed up here after nearly bidding (lame first time eBay user) on an Masterpiece Convoy 4. I've had my eye on one of these puppies since I first saw them in the UK (us battle dmg ver). But OMG the Takara versions are so much better.

I unfortunatly missed out on the Target run on these (which sold for <$100) :mad: and I'm ready to buy one to watch over the safety of my desk, the position is currently being held by wall-e. :p

So long story short I'm trying to get my hands on an Optimus Prime/Convoy 20th anniversary Masterpiece (4/1). In good condition in or out of a box with accessorys. It doesn't have to be Takara, but I do prefer that one.

I'm a cheapass, I'll tell you straight up (*not really, just thrifty and picky), :p that said I do want one badly, so any help reccomendations or known locations would be very helpful! (Not to mention appreciated!):D

TBH this will be my entire collection in one, so I went for what I consider to be the coolest TF ever.

Sorry about the long winded intro! I'll post again later with a description of all the TF's I've had and may still have tucked away in whats now grandmas toybox.

Much love JP

TheDirtyDigger
16th June 2009, 09:09 PM
Welcome.
Sounds like that Tf you had that turned from gorilla to plane to robot (with a mini robot plug in head) was the Decepticon Headmaster, Apeface. A very cool toy in my opinion and expensive to get or find complete.

enforcer888
16th June 2009, 09:14 PM
G'day mate.

GoktimusPrime
16th June 2009, 09:40 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb1.jpg

although later on I managed to get an awesome purple decepticon (cant remember his name) that turned from gorilla to plane to robot (with a mini robot plug in head)
TheDirtyDigger is correct, that is indeed Apeface (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Apeface). The transformable head is called Spasma (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Spasma). :)

1orion2many
16th June 2009, 09:57 PM
:)Welcome to the board, you need to have a look at the rest of the MP line and Binaltech line before you say no more after just one TF:D

Robzy
16th June 2009, 10:24 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

loophole
16th June 2009, 10:40 PM
Welcome Aboard JudgementPrime

TBH this will be my entire collection in one, so I went for what I consider to be the coolest TF ever.

you say that now but in 6 months time i bet you will have TF's comiong out of your ears :p

Deceptic_Optic
16th June 2009, 11:02 PM
Welcome autobot! prepare for battle hehehe welcome to ozformers hope you enjoy your stay.

liegeprime
16th June 2009, 11:49 PM
Mabuhay and welcome to the forum..... one bot is not enough hehehe, youll find that once you start it goes on and on and on and on :D:D

judgementprime
17th June 2009, 10:20 AM
Apeface, yes indeedy, twas awesome.
Heres the list I promised, its not exhaustive.

these r all G1

Constructicons:
Scrapper
Bonecrusher
Mixmaster

Piranhacons/seacons:
Nautilator
Seawing
Tentakil

Pretender Monster (whole set)

Throttlebots (Whole set)

Sinnertwin
Dirge
Cosmos
Wingspan
Nosecone
Battletrap
Wreck-Gar
Dead End
Scourge
Crosshairs
Landmine

SentinelPrime
17th June 2009, 06:16 PM
Welcome aboard.

prepare to buy more than MP4...

awesome list. photos?

Wheel-J
18th June 2009, 01:13 PM
Welcome to Ozformers!

Hope you find yourself an MP OP soon. If price-wise and you're not concern on having shorter smokestacks and other small details of the toy, perhaps you may also want to consider the Hasbro 20th OP DVD version (without the trailer) that could make a nice display on your desk especially if you're eyeing for the play factor. ASFAIK unlike the other versions, it comes with a cool "sound stage (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/masterpiece/optimus-prime-20th-anniversary-dvd/1152/2/166/)" that you can press and hear OP's voice/talk whenever you want. :D

k.wong23
19th June 2009, 11:46 PM
Welcome mate and hope you score your MP4 Convoy :)

SilverDragon
20th June 2009, 05:37 PM
Hi there!

I hope you do end up getting MP4 Convoy-there's something undeniably great about getting something you've been wanting for a while.

STL
22nd June 2009, 11:48 PM
G'day there and good luck with MP04!