PDA

View Full Version : Looking for G1 Vintage style!

benben2142
12th February 2008, 12:09 AM
Hey guys looking for the following
All 1984,1986 figures and all headmasters, targetmasters, godmaster and powermaster figures and even pretenders. Conditions , must be mint complete and with all paper work, red tech decoder, used sticker sheet. Are there any useful web sites apart from ebay.

autobreadticon
12th February 2008, 12:49 AM
have you tried

www.robotkingdom.com

www.transformerland.com

play-asia.com

verycoolthings.com

those are websites that i thought that may return good results that you havent considered :)

Soundwarp
12th February 2008, 07:16 AM
Lol so am i.

Gee your not asking for much are you.....

Paulbot
12th February 2008, 09:14 AM
All 1984,1986 figures and all headmasters, targetmasters, godmaster and powermaster figures and even pretenders. Conditions , must be mint complete and with all paper work, red tech decoder, used sticker sheet. Are there any useful web sites apart from ebay.

How much money do you have to spend? That's going to cost you a lot of cash to get all those.

And really, you only need two Red Tech decoders one to use, and one to keep as a spare (or even cheaper buy some red cellophane).

pheonix83
12th February 2008, 12:34 PM
what are those red things.

i have heaps of them.
never knew what they were

kup
12th February 2008, 12:38 PM
Hey guys looking for the following

You should have bought that Million dollar auction that was on Ebay a couple of months back.
________
Bmw 3 Series (E46) History (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series_(E46))

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2008, 04:06 PM
what are those red things.

i have heaps of them.
never knew what they were
they're tech specs decoders. Up to 1988 G1 tech specs had all the stats "scrambled" that needed a transparent red piece of plastic called the Tech Specs Decoder(TM) to decode the information. A red piece of cellophane will do... or you could just look - they're not that hard to see through!
http://www.transformerland.com/store/image/techspecs.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/81/Techspecinstructions.jpg/180px-Techspecinstructions.jpg
The Transformers Monopoly Chance and Community Chest cards on the other hand have been done a lot better in that it's really hard to read them without the decoder!

Saintly
12th February 2008, 04:23 PM
http://www.transformerland.com/store/image/techspecs.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/81/Techspecinstructions.jpg/180px-Techspecinstructions.jpg

I reckon those Tech Spec decoder are one of the best novelty that could be included with a toy.... makes one go all excited! :)

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2008, 07:44 PM
yeah but I don't know if they're worth collecting en masse! As Paulbot said, you only really need one or two. It seems that benben is insisting that the toy has the tech specs decoder in order for him to truly consider it "complete" - which is true if we're talking about "complete w/ all inserts"... but frankly I don't think it's worth paying extra prices for inserts - i.e.: tech specs decoder, catalogue, instruction booklet etc.; especially the 1984 catalogue which is hideously rare and I've heard goes for quite a sum. The only Hasbro G1 catalogue I don't have is the 1984 catalogue but I'd be happy to have just one copy of it.

Paulbot
12th February 2008, 11:06 PM
I swapped with a classmate a doubled-up minibot (Pipes) for the 1984 catalogue way back in 1987 :)

pheonix83
22nd February 2008, 10:46 AM
hmm i think i may have an 84 catalog, have to check.

i know i have the later ones just cant quite remember.

got a draw full of transformers paperwork crap

GoktimusPrime
22nd February 2008, 12:39 PM
PM me if you want to part with that catalogue - will pay you in monies! :D

JuzMel
22nd February 2008, 01:21 PM
have you tried

www.robotkingdom.com

www.transformerland.com

play-asia.com

verycoolthings.com

those are websites that i thought that may return good results that you havent considered :)
OH MY GOD!

Why didn't I find out about Robot Kingdom earlier? They have SOOOO many things I want! Urrghhh... See myself getting broke now..

Are they reliable? Have you bought from them before?

Borgeman
22nd February 2008, 11:58 PM
i bought with them on ebay once - i had to push hard for good postage as they were quoting me different to their site, but they were very good past that

George

turtle boy
23rd February 2008, 12:16 AM
I reckon those Tech Spec decoder are one of the best novelty that could be included with a toy.... makes one go all excited! :)

Pity the newer tfs don't come with them, like the Masterpieces come with the stats on the back of that little card, but something fun like tech specks would be nice t5o have again.

GoktimusPrime
23rd February 2008, 09:22 AM
Japanese TFs come with tech specs cards! And Takara's Masterpieces come with kewl instruction booklets with funky photos of the toy! :D

Sense the difference in care factorage.