PDA

View Full Version : Phil Annual Toycon

liegeprime
18th June 2009, 10:46 AM
For those of us who cannot go and cant afford Botcon. Here's an event that's also yearly and a bit closer. Philippines has recently finished its 8th Annual Toycon last June 13 and 14. It's a big fair spanning 2 showrooms at SM Megamall and features something like Supanova and Smash put together, only more crowded:D:D. It's not just Tf's , its anime, cosplay and other pop/geek culture stuff. The dealer's area is just plain joy. Ive only attended twice and found real bargains there. So if by any chance you have a stopover for a few days or for fellow Filo members here plan on going for a holidays keep this in your plan for next year.... yes they still sell old G1 stuff at cheap prices.. conversion rate of Php34 to AU$1.. we get stuffed in TF prices here all the time :(. Just featured a link from photos of TFPH multiply account. Then there's also the Annual Xmas Toys and gifts fair (december) - similar happenings except there's no stage shows and some export shops showcase their wares as well.

http://transfansph.multiply.com/photos/album/275#

Omega Supreme
18th June 2009, 10:50 AM
Im glad this is overseas, from the looks of those pictures I would spend way too much money :)

Thanks for posting Liege.

liegeprime
18th June 2009, 10:52 AM
Well it's still quite closer than US Omega, and its in a mall so After the event shopping galore heheheh. The sellers there have also their shops just nearby so if they dont have a particular item that they have there they may advise you on where to head off to get it easy. but yeah as you've said say goodbye to your wallet funds....:o

GoktimusPrime
18th June 2009, 10:58 AM
I'd imagine that you would also save more money from currency conversion too? Heh, when I saw this thread topic I thought it was about Philadelphia. :p

kup
18th June 2009, 11:09 AM
I can see some guys there with flu masks!

OH NOS! SWINE FLU!!..

Wheel-J
18th June 2009, 11:33 AM
And not to mention, you can also ask for bargain on some retailers. Hope I can make it next year.

This reminds me, I thought you're suppose to be there this year liege. change of plans, huh! ;):)

liegeprime
18th June 2009, 11:35 AM
I can see some guys there with flu masks!

OH NOS! SWINE FLU!!..

heheheh, ironically for a jampacked overpopulated country it's not as widespread there as it is in Victoria's case. Prolly people have stronger resistance to it heheheh:D Were too clean over here it turned our immune system useless.
Yeah Gok sorry for the misleading header but country name too long:D

GoktimusPrime
18th June 2009, 02:37 PM
Yeah Gok sorry for the misleading header but country name too long
"Australia" is just as bad as "United States of America" is even worse! Makes you envious of people who live in countries with single syllable names like Chad. ;)

Deceptic_Optic
19th June 2009, 07:49 PM
Well it's still quite closer than US Omega, and its in a mall so After the event shopping galore heheheh. The sellers there have also their shops just nearby so if they dont have a particular item that they have there they may advise you on where to head off to get it easy. but yeah as you've said say goodbye to your wallet funds....:o

nice dre, thanks for the post. im kinda starting to miss philippines now the land of cheap toy hahaha