PDA

View Full Version : Gen1 cartoon season 1 on iTunes.

griffin
20th June 2009, 08:02 PM
Not sure how long these have been available for (because they've been available through the iPhone app store), but the Gen1 cartoon is avaiable for download on iTunes.
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?id=316112150&s=143441

Cost is US$2 per episode.

Info taken from here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/generation-1-season-1-now-available-on-itunes-167966/).

fatbot
21st June 2009, 05:05 AM
This is the reason why i hate itunes; you can't buy it unless you have the american store account. Thanks apple, i would've dropped a few hundred buying a few different animated shows though itunes, now it's all being spent at kmart or target.

Tabias Prime
21st June 2009, 11:18 AM
Why on earth would i want to download Gen 1 episodes from itunes. If you work it out. to buy, you would be looking at about $2.50 to $3.50 Australian per episodes,When you work it out, to buy all 98 episodes it would cost around $300 to buy, I would rather look around and buy the complete box set for less that half it would cost to buy off itunes.ITS nothing but hasbro trying to squeeze more money out of naive Transformers fans...

roller
21st June 2009, 11:54 AM
nyarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :p

i dont even know how to use an I-pod

not getting my cash this time L osers

griffin
21st June 2009, 12:32 PM
Why on earth would i want to download Gen 1 episodes from itunes. If you work it out. to buy, you would be looking at about $2.50 to $3.50 Australian per episodes,When you work it out, to buy all 98 episodes it would cost around $300 to buy, I would rather look around and buy the complete box set for less that half it would cost to buy off itunes.ITS nothing but hasbro trying to squeeze more money out of naive Transformers fans...

I don't think it is for people to buy them all, just for people to download their favourite 3,4,5 odd episodes to watch while out and about (who don't know/like to pirate episodes for free).

And it sounds like this might not be available to non-US people anyway, so this might be a moot news topic.

Sleeve
21st June 2009, 01:47 PM
I wish they'd do stuff similar to this for Blackberry. Granted I can convert episodes myself and put them on a memory card, but I hate how iPhones are lauded as being 'the best' and other manufactuers don't get a lot of these amazing extras.

You have no idea how hard it has been for me to get the G1:Awakening game. Telstra didn't have it for my old phone, and their Blackberry deals were hopeless so I went to Vodafone. Now Telstra have Awakening for my Bold but Vodafone don't. Adding to it, Glumobile recently signed a deal with Blackberry's new App Store and Awakening is one of the games on offer, but the App Store is currently only available in the US, Canada and the UK. There is no date set to an Australian release, however RIM (makers of Blackberry) say it should be here "this year sometime".

Bloody iPhones.......