PDA

View Full Version : Big W Toy Spectacular Sale July 2-15

Stompy
22nd June 2009, 08:10 PM
Just starting this up since the catalogue sans the prices is up now:

http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/portal/dynamiccatalogue?CatalogueID=12452204551730&pageview=two

The catalogue is 132 pages.

Transformers pages on 28 & 29.

For us Lego fans go to 56 & 57 for SPACE POLICE!!!! and also new Star Wars Lego.

Transformers toy items:
Movie Scout - $12.38 (save $3.50)
Movie Deluxe - $18.93 (save $6)
Movie Voyager - $36.62 (save $12)
Movie Leader - $67.73 (save $21)
Ultimate Bumblebee - $98 (save $14)
Gravity Bots - $18.93 (save $5.73)
FAB - $18.93 (save $5.73)
Power Bots - $36.62 (save $12)
Roleplay Cannon - $53.88 (save $5)
Roleplay Helmet - $53.88 (save $5)
Cybertron/Universe 5-pack - $67.73 (save $20.27)
Universe Legends 5-pack - $27.98 (no saving)
Star Wars Transformers - $26.84 (save $7)

Golden Phoenix
22nd June 2009, 11:33 PM
WTH with no prices?

I know it means the others can see them but it means I got no clue about their specials

Stompy
22nd June 2009, 11:35 PM
Just a sneak peek. Prices usually get shown a day or two before the start of sale. Space Police GP!!!!

Golden Phoenix
22nd June 2009, 11:42 PM
Space Police GP!!!!

Yeah I know. Prices better be win!
Or
I just put the whole damn line on lay-by. There is no deposit till x-mass eve on lay-bys over $50

The Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser looks mighty sexy though

Lord_Zed
22nd June 2009, 11:44 PM
Just a sneak peek. Prices usually get shown a day or two before the start of sale. Space Police GP!!!!

And someone other than Toys R Us selling GI Joe thank heavens.

This could well be a pretty tempting sale for multiple toy lines.

griffin
23rd June 2009, 12:32 AM
Hopefully everything pictured has a discount, and not just some on sale and some featured as new products, like TRU and Toyworld do.
And if we get a few hints from our BigW insider beforehand, we'll know which purchases to hold off on until July 2nd.

griffin
23rd June 2009, 12:38 AM
They also have SWTFs on page 31, and the ROTF game on page 98.

Sleeve
23rd June 2009, 09:28 AM
For us Lego fans go to 56 & 57 for SPACE POLICE!!!! and also new Star Wars Lego.

I haven't bought Lego in at least 10 years, but I'm seriously thinking of buying that Galactic Enforcer. It reminds me so much of the Ice Planet Deep Freeze Defender from 1993, and that is my all-time favourite set.

Mr_K
23rd June 2009, 09:35 AM
I haven't bought Lego in at least 10 years, but I'm seriously thinking of buying that Galactic Enforcer. It reminds me so much of the Ice Planet Deep Freeze Defender from 1993, and that is my all-time favourite set.

Totally agree

Fungal Infection
23rd June 2009, 09:56 AM
Is SP3 a Big W exclusive?? According to the catalogue it is, and that would really be a shame as I was hoping to grab these when Target/Myer/K-mart have their percentage off Lego sales. Unless of course Big W's price is unbeatable.....

enforcer888
23rd June 2009, 11:53 AM
Did anyone buy TFs there last year with this sale? What were the prices roughly?

Capey
23rd June 2009, 12:22 PM
Did anyone buy TFs there last year with this sale? What were the prices roughly?

mharrison on TAAU (http://www.theyareamongus.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi) posted this:

Snuck a peek at a store only catalogue for big w's toy sale starting 2/7
rotf
Basics about $12.30
deluxe about $19
voyager about $37
leaders about $67

JuzMel
23rd June 2009, 12:34 PM
Ah cool! I want the "Battle for the Cyber Planet Keys 5-Pack"! Let's hope they are not too costly... which I think it will be... :o

i_amtrunks
23rd June 2009, 12:47 PM
Ah cool! I want the "Battle for the Cyber Planet Keys 5-Pack"! Let's hope they are not too costly... which I think it will be... :o

If it is $88 normally (the 5 pack right?) Hopefully it'll drop $20-$30 off the price for the sale (can only hope!)

mknell
23rd June 2009, 12:50 PM
If it is $88 normally (the 5 pack right?) Hopefully it'll drop $20-$30 off the price for the sale (can only hope!)

And with the size of that pack with $20 to $30 off it would be well worth it. They had heaps of them at Blacktown Big W

jaydisc
23rd June 2009, 01:11 PM

Movie Voyagers were $24.83 last year, which was amazing at the time. Armed with that catalog, I was a price matching machine.

Paulbot
23rd June 2009, 01:23 PM
Movie Voyagers were $24.83 last year, which was amazing at the time. Armed with that catalog, I was a price matching machine.

But that was also somewhat of a clearance price on those (like the new Myer sale has 2007 movie voyagers for $20), I don't think the new ROTF stuff will be that cheap (Animated/Universe toys on the other hand...?)

i_amtrunks
23rd June 2009, 01:26 PM

of course that was also a year after the toys had been on the shelves, I dont think we will be so lucky this time! :D

After a quick flick through the catalogue, It is hard to believe that Big W has so many "exclusive" toys from so many different toylines! :eek:

Mr_K
25th June 2009, 12:10 PM
I've managed to get final prices off a contact who works at Big W:

bumblebee stuff : $53.88 -> someone else might know what this refers to

the scouts: $12.38

deluxe figures: $18.93

legends 5 pack $27.98 -> the 'exclusive' sets that were previously at Target

battle 5 pack $67.73 -> the old figures in new box pack

dress ups 23.62

leaders 67.73

voyager 36.62

ultimate bumblebee 98

gravity bots 18.93

action battlers 18.93

power bots 36.62

i_amtrunks
25th June 2009, 12:18 PM
I've managed to get final prices off a contact who works at Big W:

bumblebee stuff : $53.88 -> someone else might know what this refers to

battle 5 pack $67.73 -> the old figures in new box pack

Some very nice prices in there. The Bumblebee stuff would be for the Heklmet and the Arm cannon.

$68 for 5 deluxes is very nice, even if 1 figure is trash, 3 are good and one is excellent.

JuzMel
25th June 2009, 12:25 PM
Yes +1 about the 5 figure pack! Am surely getting that then... But haven't spotted them here yet though...

Dylbot
25th June 2009, 07:05 PM
Anyone know If Big w will have new stuff for the sale? I'm looking for leader Jetfire, and Mudflap.

Stompy
25th June 2009, 11:02 PM
The Big W stores I've been to have had a lot of their RotF toy shelves drying up. Especially after the movie premier yesterday. I'm sure they will have new pallets of toys and hopefully new waves (hoping for Leader Jetfire) for the sale.

That price for the 5 pack is great. Glad I resisted the past week.

Sleeve
28th June 2009, 09:17 PM
The Big W stores I've been to have had a lot of their RotF toy shelves drying up. Especially after the movie premier yesterday. I'm sure they will have new pallets of toys and hopefully new waves (hoping for Leader Jetfire) for the sale.

I was in the Kawana Waters Big W a week before the movie release and the entire deluxe line was sold out. Damn I hope they get in some new waves in for the sale.

Ironhide63
28th June 2009, 09:34 PM
ill end up getting about 9 deluxes...a couple of voyagers and megatron and jetfire leaders while this sale is on...plus the dvd which is on page...102...and when they release one...inevitable but when they release a twin pack of the movie and rotf...ill get that too...but im aiming to spend about $250 on this sale...yes, ive been saving.

sifun
28th June 2009, 09:59 PM
i got the catalogue in the mail. can't wait- leaders time

Golden Phoenix
28th June 2009, 10:51 PM
i got the catalogue in the mail. can't wait- leaders time

Did it have prices?

blackie
28th June 2009, 10:52 PM
the website does :P

Golden Phoenix
28th June 2009, 10:56 PM
the website does :P

Didn't know. It originally didn't

blackie
28th June 2009, 11:00 PM
Didn't know. It originally didn't

put them up today or yesterday or simmilar
some gooooooooood prices in there
time to go make some laybys methinks

Sleeve
28th June 2009, 11:17 PM
$67 for a leader? I picked up Leader Prime in LA for US$45, so it worked out to be about $63 here. Despite this price being close, that $45 was retail not sale price. Have to love Aussie prices.......:mad: Still, $67 is a hell of a lot better than $99.

STL
29th June 2009, 12:01 AM
From the weekend stock positions (and most had restocked) expect Deluxes to include Mudflap, Interrogator Barricade, Cannon BB, Ravage and Preview wave BB and Soundwave.

On the Voyager front, they have up to the Ratchet and Fallen waves now.

No Leader Jetfires though. Look also for a rectangular TF display stand. That's where the FABs and Deluxes are in addition to the ones in the toy aisles..

Stompy
29th June 2009, 12:45 AM
Catalogue WITH prices is now online:

http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/portal/dynamiccatalogue?CatalogueID=12452204551730&pageview=two

Looks to be the cheapest of all the lot of sales.

griffin
29th June 2009, 02:25 AM
Prices added into first post of this topic.

i_amtrunks
29th June 2009, 11:18 AM
I found a whole heap of the newer wave deluxes (mudflap, Ravage etc) in the middle of the main walkway near clothing, and another with Ultimate Bees near the DVD sections, both were chockablock full, whereas the toy section itself was nearly empty...

Guess Big W want you to roam the store and earn your tf toys!

Paulbot
29th June 2009, 11:56 AM
I found a whole heap of the newer wave deluxes (mudflap, Ravage etc) in the middle of the main walkway near clothing, and another with Ultimate Bees near the DVD sections, both were chockablock full, whereas the toy section itself was nearly empty...!

Same in the two Big W stores I visted over the weekend, but it's been like that for the past few sales. I remember finding the CYB Soundwave/Scattorshot two packs near the camping gear a few sales ago.

Deceptic_Optic
29th June 2009, 12:11 PM
I found a whole heap of the newer wave deluxes (mudflap, Ravage etc) in the middle of the main walkway near clothing, and another with Ultimate Bees near the DVD sections, both were chockablock full, whereas the toy section itself was nearly empty...

Guess Big W want you to roam the store and earn your tf toys!

yeah i reckon! thats how i found my ravage and mudflap at westfields eastgardens big w not in the toy section but more like around the store in middle aisles.

Ironhide63
30th June 2009, 11:46 AM
I walked passed a Fallen figure today...if saving for this big w sale doesnt pay off im gonna be so angry...THE FALLEN...i left behind the fallen...but im going all out on this sale. This will be the bulk of my tf rotf purchases...obviously ill post pics in the July Acquisitions thread. Oh, and im getting rotf game pc today...hehe

sanbot
30th June 2009, 02:07 PM
On Big W's website, it mentions that they open 12am on thursday, is that correct? Anyone from sydney gonna go at that time? Which Big W tend to have a bigger range of tfs?

i have an itch to spend on tfs and it hasn't been scratched for 2 months!

Lord_Zed
30th June 2009, 08:29 PM
On Big W's website, it mentions that they open 12am on thursday, is that correct? Anyone from sydney gonna go at that time? Which Big W tend to have a bigger range of tfs?

You seem to be correct. No telling which Big W will have the best range, as they have all likely added and extra temporary toy section.

But now you have me thinking I may just go to my local one at Miranda, I really want that discounted Fallen.

i_amtrunks
30th June 2009, 08:56 PM
Midnight openings for all my local stores, seems all the CBD stores are... late night for me!

Fungal Infection
30th June 2009, 09:20 PM
You seem to be correct. No telling which Big W will have the best range, as they have all likely added and extra temporary toy section.

But now you have me thinking I may just go to my local one at Miranda, I really want that discounted Fallen.

If you really want The Fallen and are afraid on missing out, do what I did and head down to your Big W with a Myers catalogue and get them to price match - I've only seen 1 Fallen figure in the 4 Big Ws in my area so I wasn't going to risk missing out so I just paid the extra $3 and scored him for $39.95.

Gouki
30th June 2009, 09:20 PM

Where does it say they open at 12am? Should find out if Ballarat does.

jaydisc
30th June 2009, 09:48 PM
For your region: http://www.bigw.com.au/stores.asp?region=VICR

Ballarat IS open at midnight.

Gouki
30th June 2009, 09:53 PM
For your region: http://www.bigw.com.au/stores.asp?region=VICR

Ballarat IS open at midnight.

Huhn. I didn't check there, seeing as I figured they only changed that for Christmas.

colin78
30th June 2009, 10:24 PM
Could you take a Kmart catalogue in to price match? Ultimate Bumblebee is $10 cheaper at kmart, but is "too hot to layby"??

Robzy
30th June 2009, 10:54 PM
Looking forward to this sale!

griffin
1st July 2009, 12:06 AM
The QLD stores open just 30 minutes earlier than usual. No midnight openning for us... :(

Gouki
1st July 2009, 08:52 AM
Could you take a Kmart catalogue in to price match? Ultimate Bumblebee is $10 cheaper at kmart, but is "too hot to layby"??

Yes you can. Thats what my partner and I are doing for a lot of things.

sanbot
1st July 2009, 09:34 AM

Yeah the Fallen is really all that I want but I have a funny feeling that there won't be many and it'll be a case of who gets to the toy section first!

Paulbot
1st July 2009, 10:18 AM
Oh, the Melb City store doesn't open until 830. I'll be racing Sifun to the Fallen, Ravage and Mudflap! :)

Deceptic_Optic
1st July 2009, 10:21 AM
Yeah the Fallen is really all that I want but I have a funny feeling that there won't be many and it'll be a case of who gets to the toy section first!

so does big w open at midnight as in tonight or is it will be open till mignight tommorow?

blackie
1st July 2009, 10:26 AM
well the toy sale starts on the 2nd, so i would think that it would open midnight tonight/12:01 tomorrow morning

Deceptic_Optic
1st July 2009, 10:36 AM
well the toy sale starts on the 2nd, so i would think that it would open midnight tonight/12:01 tomorrow morning

better ring big w to make sure. its not that i dont trust you but to double check dont want to wake up early at 12 and realise its not until tommmorow midnight.

sanbot
1st July 2009, 10:48 AM
I called Big W and they are indeed opened tonight at midnight.

Deceptic_Optic
1st July 2009, 10:52 AM
I called Big W and they are indeed opened tonight at midnight.

Blacktown Ozformers anyone up for a BIG W toysale meet up tonight i mean tommorow morning/midnight?.. lol am i the only crazy one here.

i_amtrunks
1st July 2009, 11:36 AM
Just did a check through of Plumpton, no point going there at midnight, only have a small amount of newer deluxes, and only have the first wave of Leaders, and it large amounts.

I expect similar stock at other local stores, so no need to rush out and waste time. Not sure about the local Kmarts though.

sanbot
1st July 2009, 12:30 PM
I spoke to someone from Big W on the phone and they reakon that Jetfire will be available for the midnight sale. Though, I suspect she might not really know what she's talking about.

Update: She mentioned that none of voyagers are there and that they will only be there for the sale at midnight. So that could be why you didn't see any at Plumpton?

Deceptic_Optic
1st July 2009, 12:38 PM
I spoke to someone from Big W on the phone and they reakon that Jetfire will be available for the midnight sale. Though, I suspect she might not really know what she's talking about.

Update: She mentioned that none of voyagers are there and that they will only be there for the sale at midnight. So that could be why you didn't see any at Plumpton?

do0ode i just rang them to and they have no clue *tisk tisk* i guess one way to find out is to be there. i think il get disspointed but i will still be there tonight

Gutsman Heavy
1st July 2009, 01:08 PM
Holy crap! a store in SA will be open at midnight? I guess we ain't as bakwardz as dems big citys sezs we ares!

i_amtrunks
1st July 2009, 01:14 PM

There were some Voyagers in the toy section, but none in any other area of the store, so that could possibly be it. I would guess it will vary store to store.

But thanks for the heads up, its good info to know.

Ironhide63
1st July 2009, 02:43 PM
if anyone is raiding the geelong Big W...leave me a few, preferably one leader megatron ROTF, leader jetfire if possible, deluxe skids and mudflap...and hopefully a special edition universe/classics OP and Megatron. thats my aimed toy haul for this saturday. and im also getting the game on pc and attempting to get the score from both movies from JB HiFi

Saintly
1st July 2009, 03:25 PM
I'm raiding Chullora & Auburn (NSW) if anyone wants to join me! :)

i_amtrunks
1st July 2009, 04:12 PM
I'm planning early morning raids (6am or so, when all the parents are going back home) at Blacktown, Plumpton, possibly Rouse Hill, Penrith or Winston Hills (as well as local Kmarts)

shokwave2
1st July 2009, 04:49 PM
I'm planning early morning raids (6am or so, when all the parents are going back home)

Good idea!!! You miss the opening rush and also get in before the usual 9am shoppers.

Gouki
1st July 2009, 04:56 PM
Good idea!!! You miss the opening rush and also get in before the usual 9am shoppers.

Based on last years experience, you also miss out on a lot of items too.

sanbot
1st July 2009, 04:57 PM
I'm sure its nothing to worry about. But on the Big W website where they have the countdown timer on the top right hand side, it says there's 15hours left (which suggests that it starts 6/7am the next day) till the sale starts. But shouldn't it be 7 hours since the sale starts at midnight?!? :confused:

jaydisc
1st July 2009, 05:35 PM
Just got word from a friend that sale prices have already kicked in.

Saintly
1st July 2009, 05:37 PM

Is that for ALL stores? :)

Paulbot
1st July 2009, 06:00 PM
Jaydisc beat me to it! Melb CBD store for sure. If you've got a local Big W... try!
Thanks Sifun for the tip.

jaydisc
1st July 2009, 06:02 PM

My report is only from 1 isolated store, and now with Paul's report, that's 2 stores, so I have to assume it's all. Definitely worth a try.

Sleeve
1st July 2009, 07:02 PM
Well that seems right considering I just saw the Big W toy sale ad four times in one ad-break, and every one said the sale is 'on now'.

Deceptic_Optic
1st July 2009, 07:08 PM
il be there at 12 tonight just for the sake of snoopin around maybe there is something special or new toys coming out so yeah, but il be raiding blacktown at 12 and at 6 in eastgarden big w just in time to go to work.

Stompy
1st July 2009, 07:15 PM
Didn't spot any new RotF waves at my local Big W outside of Fallen & Ratchet Voyagers and Mudflap, Ravage, Cannon Bb & i-Barricade deluxes plus the Mudflap & Sideswipe Gravitybots.

Deceptic_Optic
1st July 2009, 07:19 PM
Didn't spot any new RotF waves at my local Big W outside of Fallen & Ratchet Voyagers and Mudflap, Ravage, Cannon Bb & i-Barricade deluxes plus the Mudflap & Sideswipe Gravitybots.

i dont know if its true but they said they will be bringing out some more toys. so i dunno im hoping its jetfire, or skids?

i_amtrunks
1st July 2009, 07:37 PM
Based on last years experience, you also miss out on a lot of items too.

Possibly, but with the number of RotF figure my local stores have in stock, I doubt they will sell right out, I have found with previous years sales that the items the midnight shoppers are normally there for are the larger items, trampolines, bikes and the like.

Hopefully it will be the same this year. :D

SofaMan
1st July 2009, 07:46 PM
Bloody typical - the Big W closest to me (Kilkenny) is one of the ones that doesn't open at 12.01. :mad:

Might have to go to Elizabeth.

Gutsman Heavy
1st July 2009, 07:52 PM
Bloody typical - the Big W closest to me (Kilkenny) is one of the ones that doesn't open at 12.01. :mad:

Might have to go to Elizabeth.

Lame!

Luckily TTP will be open so I'll probably pop in, needs me some RAVAGE!

grimlock531
1st July 2009, 07:53 PM
cbd big W sale has started...checked it out quickly after work.

Robzy
1st July 2009, 08:16 PM
Lame!

Luckily TTP will be open so I'll probably pop in, needs me some RAVAGE!
Maybe I should go too... Ravage is all I want really (maybe Jetfire)

shokwave2
1st July 2009, 08:25 PM
I think i'll be lay-bying all but Ravage. I need him on my shelf asap!

Fungal Infection
1st July 2009, 08:45 PM

Fairfield kicked in at 4pm when I was there so I took advantage and grabbed a huge haul. According to a staff member, all their ROTF stock was already on show so I reckon anyone after Fallen, Cannon BB and Mudflap at that store will be VERY disappointed. :)

Deceptic_Optic
2nd July 2009, 07:43 AM
Its nothing special just the prices down, i knew i was going to get dissapointed out of pity bought myself another fallen!

shokwave2
2nd July 2009, 08:35 AM
I rocked up at 5:30am this morning and it was nice and quiet. So i grabbed a trolley and lay-byed Mudflap, The Fallen, Ratchet, Ironhide, Leader Optimus, Leader Megatron and bought Ravage on the spot.

sanbot
2nd July 2009, 08:45 AM
Only managed to get the fallen. No jetfire =(

Made the mistake of going to the toy section first where no new transformers were. Man I really hate how they spread them around the store!

colin78
2nd July 2009, 08:50 AM
The new Ultimate Bumblebee was $87.00 at Big W this morning, it was in the catalogue for $98, but thanks to retailer competition it's now $1 cheaper than at Kmart...and layby is available!!

Paulbot
2nd July 2009, 09:34 AM
Pretty quiet at Melbourne CBD store this morning. I found more Voyagers than I saw last night (but I think I missed where they were). No Mixmaster or Megatron though. All the Leader Primes have gone since last night, leaving only Megatrons behind (I'm not rushing to buy I expect he'll be on shelves until a clearance price). I also saw the five pack of deluxes for the first time (again didn't go to the aisle last night). what a huge box for small figures!

i_amtrunks
2nd July 2009, 11:12 AM
Other than the lay-buy line being a mile and a half long, pretty quiet at my local Big W, looks like they made a killing on TF role play helmets and Cannons, and Leader Prime is by far the more popular figure of the leader class, there were Megatrons everywhere, but no Voyagers (so no different from when I went in there yesterday.)

Kmart was still fully stocked, and their laybuy line was pretty dismal, I guess shoppers voted with their feet as to which sale was better.

shokwave2
2nd July 2009, 11:22 AM
My local Big W had about 10 shoppers in there at 5:30 this morning and no one in the layby line. One of the girls in Big W told me that Kmart were telling everyone to grab a trolley and a catalogue, circle what you want in the catalogue and the layby section will put it away for you. So you couldn't walk around and grab what you wanted. Unless you were going through the checkout. Did this happen to anyone at Kmart, or maybe it was just a local thing?

griffin
2nd July 2009, 12:37 PM
At about 10am this morning when I went to the BigW at Garden City, the TFs section was pretty much stripped bare (hope they intend to restock, or the sale will be useless for TF buyers). And there were several areas *all around the store* with TFs too, and most of those were showing signs of heavy activity.
There looked to be about 50 people queued up at the layby counter with full trolleys. They're probably still there... :p

Sleeve
2nd July 2009, 01:02 PM
Kawana Waters had nothing new except the Mudflap and Sideswipe Gravity Bots. No new deluxes (Ravage, Cannon BB etc), no new voyagers (not even Megatron or Fallen). I rang Nambour and they were the same.

Interestingly the toy aisles didn't have many people when the doors opened at 8, everyone headed straight for home entertainment for the Wii package deal.

Paulbot
2nd July 2009, 01:36 PM
Interestingly the toy aisles didn't have many people when the doors opened at 8, everyone headed straight for home entertainment for the Wii package deal.

If I'd been waiting for the doors to open for ages I'd be rushing for a Wii too...

Ironhide63
2nd July 2009, 02:24 PM
If I'd been waiting for the doors to open for ages I'd be rushing for a Wii too...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA....thats going in my signature

jaydisc
2nd July 2009, 02:29 PM
Did this happen to anyone at Kmart, or maybe it was just a local thing?

Explained here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=110261#post110261)

Golden Phoenix
2nd July 2009, 03:03 PM

Dodum-tsh!

Golden Phoenix
2nd July 2009, 03:17 PM
I found the form you need for the Lego Club magazine offer
Linky Linky (http://www.bigw.com.au/toys/lego.html)

Be Quick. You have to mail it in and the offer ends on the 15th of July

Lord_Zed
2nd July 2009, 03:30 PM
Miranda Big W was alive at midnight although the toys were spread far and wide so finding stuff was difficult. I managed to get what appeared to be the only Fallen there as well as Ravage and Soundwave so I can't complain.

TF76
2nd July 2009, 07:19 PM
As soon as I finish work I'm going back to broadmedows. I'll be interested to see if they restocked. I'm so sleepy. I'll post my findings.

Sleeve
2nd July 2009, 08:47 PM
Dropped back in to Kawana to pick up a Nerf Recon CS-6. The Transformers aisles had been absolutely smashed - barely a scout, deluxe or voyager figure to be seen. They'd better hope to restock or they're going to have some irrate customers over the next two weeks of their sale.

Robzy
2nd July 2009, 09:42 PM
Glad I went last night to the midnight sale... when I went back today, nearly everything was gone! :eek: I'm serious - I've never seen so many empty TF shelves!!

mknell
2nd July 2009, 09:57 PM
The midnight part of the sale was nuts and full of really rude morons with their trolleys barging people, I only got a mudflap from big w plumpton

Sleeve
2nd July 2009, 10:59 PM
Forgot one other thing. I noticed the prices of toys listed in the catalogue were different throughout the store. For example, the Leader-class figures in the actual RotF section had shelftalkers stating "Toy Sale - $68", however there were the same fiures in a different part of the store with shelftalkers stating "Toy Sale - $88". Weird.

Paulbot
3rd July 2009, 09:06 AM
I checked out Melb's store again this morning. Deluxes have disappeared, Voyagers are few, even half of the Leader Megatrons have been sold. Still quite a few scouts though, and FABs and other non-mainline stuff. The first day of the sale seems to be too successful! Hope they restock with new stuff.

Lord_Zed
3rd July 2009, 03:43 PM
I wonder if they will restock tonight.

griffin
3rd July 2009, 05:02 PM
Spoke to one of the main toy people at BigW Carindale today, and he said that they do still have some stuff out the back that didn't fit on the shelving, but if you find that the shelves are bare early in the morning on the 2nd or 3rd day, that's all they have until more stock arrives.
And as for restocking - he looked up one size class (Voyagers) and said that there were 15 cases in transit, but couldn't say how long that would take to get to the store. Sooo, it sounds like they do plan to keep restocking throughout the sale, provided Hasbro doesn't run out of stock.