PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Connor

TheDirtyDigger
12th February 2008, 02:15 PM
New show should be good. River from Serenity is playing a Terminator. Makes me doubly want to see it.

kup
12th February 2008, 02:42 PM
When is it on? I am curious to see what they did.
________
New jersey medical marijuana (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

Paulbot
12th February 2008, 02:43 PM
I would have liked the guy playing John Connor to stay in Heroes chasing after Claire... but then I liked the replacement character in that show much more so I don't mind.

I do hope this is a good show, and I will be watching tonight. 830, Channel Nine

Robzy
12th February 2008, 02:50 PM
Kup - it's on tonight... Ch 9 at 8:30.

I can't wait!

:)

Saintly
12th February 2008, 02:59 PM
looks excellent... only 5 episodes behind US, but is available from your favourite site :)

kup
12th February 2008, 03:02 PM
Kup - it's on tonight... Ch 9 at 8:30.

I can't wait!

:)

Thank you
________
Extreme vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

Tober
12th February 2008, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. It starts off well enough, but after a couple of eps... I have a hunch that shows like this is why the WGA strike ended ;)

Soundwarp
12th February 2008, 04:33 PM
I have very very LOW expectations for this.

TheDirtyDigger
12th February 2008, 04:38 PM
For me I'll enjoy this either way as I've got a real thing for the girls from Firefly/Serenity. I just love them in a scary stalker sorta way.

I've even kitted out a 'holding pit' for Kaylee when she guest stars at Supanova and I abduct her.:)

Soundwarp
12th February 2008, 04:47 PM
^^ I'll give you that mate, i dug Firefly.

My real issue is being a soldier and watching very unrealistic stuff like chicks carrying guns and being "Hardcore" is very tough to swallow.
\
Don't get me wrong i am not sexist but i do that shit for a living.

TheDirtyDigger
12th February 2008, 04:59 PM
Totally mate. Annoys me as a basketball ref/coach of primary school girls when they say girls and boys are 'equal' so they have them compete together when anybody with two eyes can see that the boys are just naturally stronger, faster and more aggressive from a very young age. Millions of years of evolution denied because of political correctness.

Just out of curiosity though....

Have you ever come across any of the Israeli girls before?

Not from experience but from hearsay I've heard some of those IDF chicks can be pretty hardcore.

Kyle
12th February 2008, 05:00 PM
Summer Glau is cute~ :p

Jimreborn
12th February 2008, 05:13 PM
Gosh, I really hope they don't ruin this. I thought the rumor was (before Arnie become Governator) that there was going to be a 3rd (which we saw released) and a 4th movie in the Terminator series? I'm guessing, with Arnies now Political career he has declined the offer for the 4th movie and instead they've tried to keep it going with a TV series? In any case, I'm sure they will try and milk the tv series to the end (like the BLADE series, even though that doesn't look half as good as this I will admit)

Any purists know what really happen? Cause as a Terminator fan I'd like tom know...

Lord_Zed
12th February 2008, 06:17 PM
I um already saw the pilot... while I wont give spoilers, I will tell you my opinon.

While it was nice to see Summer Glau on the screen again, it didn't really do that much for me, there's no way smallscreen action can compete with bigscreen action. They need to develop a unique and interesting plot within the limits of the Terminator universe to get my interest. Th first ep was to much of a rehash of the old, relying on the Terminator name to get peoples interest. Still early days.

roller
12th February 2008, 06:21 PM
they should use the original sarah connor, she is still hot, i saw her in that Nazi christmas movie not long ago, shes still fertile

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2008, 08:17 PM
My real issue is being a soldier and watching very unrealistic stuff like chicks carrying guns and being "Hardcore" is very tough to swallow.
\
Don't get me wrong i am not sexist but i do that shit for a living.
That's how I feel whenever I watch any TV show or movie with a melee fight scene... as a martial artist I just find it so hard to swallow. Even most stuff that people think is real, but really isn't - especially Bruce Lee *deep sigh* *rolls eyes* It's scary how many people seriously worship that guy as some kind of elite martial artist when:
a/ nothing he did on the screen was realistic
b/ even IRL he was at best a really ordinary fighter

I find that people who consider Bruce Lee to be some kind of expert or master are either very ignorant of melee fighting or just have very low standards (everything seems good when your standards are low! :D)

Totally mate. Annoys me as a basketball ref/coach of primary school girls when they say girls and boys are 'equal' so they have them compete together when anybody with two eyes can see that the boys are just naturally stronger, faster and more aggressive from a very young age. Millions of years of evolution denied because of political correctness.
I don't think that was Soundwarp's point - my impression was that he wasn't so much being critical of the idea of women being soldiers, but the way that female soldiers are portrayed in movies and television.

Women do have different physical attributes to men, but that doesn't mean that they can't fight* (or be really good at sports). Just not in the overtly "macho-commando" style that some movies portray them as.

As for Sarah Connor, Terminator 2 did explain that she spent a lot of time doing personal special military training for herself and her son in preparation from the upcoming war. My guess is that most of the other female protagonists in this series will probably be Terminators. :p

But yeah, I can understand where Soundwarp's coming from... when you're experienced in a certain field and you see it being portrayed in a very unrealistic fictitious manner on film... it can be very annoying.

Some people complained about the "fast and blurry" fight scenes in Transformers, but as a martial artist, I really like it - because that's what real fights are like. Very quick and chaotic - but the difference between a martial artist and a brawler (non-martial artist) is that the martial artist controls himself within that chaos. One of the best descriptions I've heard about real martial arts came from Toy Story: "that wasn't flying, it was falling with style!" Movie martial arts = flying, real martial arts = falling w/ style :)

*Wing Chun Kung Fu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCHgqtskaN8&feature=related) was supposedly created by a woman (Buddhist nun) - its focus on smaller turning motions along the body's centre line is more ideal for a woman's body proportions (i.e.: narrower shoulders and broader hips). It would be more difficult for a woman to fight using a martial art like Choy Lee Fut Kung Fu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOQwgHC41dA) which is characterised by wide/broad sweeping movements which exploits a man's broader shoulder: narrower hip proportions.

Tober
12th February 2008, 08:20 PM
they should use the original sarah connor, she is still hot, i saw her in that Nazi christmas movie not long ago, shes still fertile

I heard that she divorced from James Cameron because she prefers the company of women... if you know what I mean.

dirge
12th February 2008, 08:32 PM
I've even kitted out a 'holding pit' for Kaylee when she guest stars at Supanova and I abduct her.:)

You told me that was for me! :eek:

kup
12th February 2008, 09:54 PM
SPOILERS:

I just watched it. It was much better than I expected (had low expectations) and it seems to completly ignore T3 which is not necessarily a bad thing.

As mentioned, it continues from T2 and although River's behaviour was almost identical to that of the T-101 in T2 down to the same lines! I thought that the plot was interesting enough and true enough to Terminator concepts for me to enjoy it.

Although much of it was bordering a bit on the fantastic such as the time displacement device, I thought that the way it was brought up was very clever.

I very much enjoyed this first episode but I dont see how they can make a full series out of these events without having it become very repetitive down the line. This probably would have worked better as a miniseries but I am not sure about a full series.

Things that I don't like however is the actress chosen for Sarah Connor. She doesn't have the same style in both look and behavior as Linda Hamilton in the Terminator movies and seems more 'normal' or down to Earth than the original portrayal of Sarah Connor which kind of makes her seem like a completely new character.

River was cool like always but having a 'Small Wonder' type Terminator felt kind of strange but not forced for the sake of ratings in the same way as that chick was in T3.

I hope the series succeeds however as I enjoyed this much more than I did T3.

Edit: Fixed god awful Spelling errors.
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER (http://twitter.com/vaporizer)

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2008, 10:07 PM
I don't know if it completely ignores T3. It's set after T2 and before the events of T3 and so far nothing in it seems to really contradict T3. Then again, I said the same thing about IDW's Beast Wars comics... *sigh*

kup
12th February 2008, 10:16 PM
I don't know if it completely ignores T3. It's set after T2 and before the events of T3 and so far nothing in it seems to really contradict T3. Then again, I said the same thing about IDW's Beast Wars comics... *sigh*

Well it is very early in the series so we will see what happens when it comes to continuity. However the feel I get is that T3 is going to be ignored which as mentioned before, its nothing critical for me as I thought that T3 was mediocre at best.
________
Cumshot Belly (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/481/belly/videos/1)

Lord_Zed
12th February 2008, 10:53 PM
T3? there was aT3?

Oh yeah right, that.

I doubt they'll link it to T3 myself. It looks more like there setting themselves up to create a new chapter of Terminator history. Recall if you will in T2 Skynet was meant to go online in 1997 and start a nuclear war, which is when Sarah Connor starts. However the Summer Glau Terminator say that the judgment day is in 2009 so the time line has obviously been altered. The jumped to 2007 so that gives the series about 2-3 years worth of series to prevent Judgement day.

I personaly think that in the end they'll find that Future Skynet is in fact trying to build itself in the past, or something to that affect, sending back terminators to move history forward. That's only a hunch though, but it makes about as much sense as John Connors birth.

Does anyone think the way to kill Terminators should be overloading thier brain with the John Connor Paradox? He sent his father back to the past so he could be born? so which came first??? Terminators must have extra paradox protection of thier neural net processors. :cool:

TheDirtyDigger
12th February 2008, 10:58 PM
Watched Summer this morning on some breakfast show.
In this universe T3 never happened.....according to her.

Liked the show.:)

The_Damned
12th February 2008, 11:02 PM
i am am up to ep 4 and i am liking it.

Paulbot
12th February 2008, 11:05 PM
There is a Terminator 4 coming... Christian Bale is set to star as Resistance Leader John Connor.

I thought tonight's episode was ok but I'm not sure how they can sustain this as series. It felt like it would make a good telemovie. I fear they've pulled the big bangs out for the pilot and following episodes will suffer from lower budgets.

The_Damned
12th February 2008, 11:24 PM
There is a Terminator 4 coming... Christian Bale is set to star as Resistance Leader John Connor.

I thought tonight's episode was ok but I'm not sure how they can sustain this as series. It felt like it would make a good telemovie. I fear they've pulled the big bangs out for the pilot and following episodes will suffer from lower budgets.

no it is still good 3 eps in

Kyle
13th February 2008, 12:48 AM
I like the 1st episode so far. :)

Soundwarp
13th February 2008, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=GoktimusPrime;8162]

I don't think that was Soundwarp's point - my impression was that he wasn't so much being critical of the idea of women being soldiers, but the way that female soldiers are portrayed in movies and television.

Women do have different physical attributes to men, but that doesn't mean that they can't fight* (or be really good at sports). Just not in the overtly "macho-commando" style that some movies portray them as.

[QUOTE]

Got it right on the head dude.

Robzy
13th February 2008, 10:23 AM
I heard that she divorced from James Cameron because she prefers the company of women... if you know what I mean.
That sounds like a fanboy fantasy! :D The truth is their marriage broke up because Cameron hooked up with Suzy Amis! When they divorced, Hamilton got the rights to the Terminator franchise and sold them.

I don't know if it completely ignores T3. It's set after T2 and before the events of T3 and so far nothing in it seems to really contradict T3.
The continuity between T2 and T3 has always been dubious! Originally Sarah Connor was supposed to be in T3, but Hamilton declined, so they reluctantly killed her off. Also, in T2 John is 10, but in T3 he refers to his age (during the events in T2) as a 13 year old. Ah, yes… temporal anomalies! :p

Also, Josh Friedman (the show’s creator) has specifically stated that, as far as the Sarah Connor Chronicles goes, the events of T3 happened in an "alternate timeline". So the show will be ignoring the events of T3, picking up only where T2 left off.

I don’t think T3 turned out quite the way the filmmakers had hoped. It had some good ideas, but it just really lacked Cameron and Hamilton. I don’t mind T3 but it doesn’t compare to the 2 originals!

As for the show... it was pretty good. Summer Glau is cute! :eek::p

Paulbot
13th February 2008, 10:33 AM
John Connor is only supposed to be 10 in T2? I've always thought he was an older kid than that when I've watched it. Watching Sarah Connor last night I did at times think I'd prefer to be watching T2.

Robzy
13th February 2008, 10:46 AM
John Connor is only supposed to be 10 in T2? I've always thought he was an older kid than that when I've watched it.Yep, he's only 10 (Edward Furlong was about 13 though!). The funny thing is T2 was made in 1990/91... only 6-7 years after the first Terminator film (1984). Considering John wasn't born until after the film, he should only be about 5 or 6 in T2. I guess the film was really set in 1994/95. :p

Watching Sarah Connor last night I did at times think I'd prefer to be watching T2.
Yeah, me too! I watched Stephen King's 'The Mist' the other day. I felt so dirty, I just had to come home and watch another James Cameron classic - 'Aliens'.

autobreadticon
13th February 2008, 02:44 PM
i was really disappointed, its gonna be one of those series in my opinion with alot of action and no story,,,,

kup
13th February 2008, 02:50 PM
I am just happy that they didnt do something ultra ridiculous and cheesy. I am taking it as a 'What if' story so I will enjoy it as long as they don't break core Terminator concepts and dont make it a cheesy soap opera or stupid things like that.
________
Bmw n42 (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_N42)

GoktimusPrime
13th February 2008, 04:10 PM
it's interesting how they seem to be introducing Sarah Connor's former fiancée as a potential antagonist.

Some "easter eggs" I spotted...

+ "Come with me if you want to live."

+ Using the surname "Reece" as their alias, but I also like how Glau's character picked up that it was really stupid for them to use the same alias all the time - but Sarah's reaction to that shows how she really is still in love with Kyle. I think she's also in love with her former fiancée; only left him because she felt she had to.

...and I wonder if the name "Cromartie" is meant to be a reference to the manga/animé series "Cromartie High School" which features a robot amongst its student body (Mechazawa).

http://www.fpsmagazine.com/gfx/review/050404cromartie.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe7kMlgCqLw)

Paulbot
13th February 2008, 05:04 PM
If that Cromartie refernece is intentional than very good pick up!

TheDirtyDigger
13th February 2008, 05:21 PM
The fiance plays one of my favourite characters from Oz...one of my favourite shows.

Gok...two e's on fiancee means it is female. One e for male.

excelonzero
17th February 2008, 06:51 PM
I can't pull any time reference from T2 as to when it's set

T:SCC lists a date of 1999 (in the vault) and stating that the events of T2 were two years before hand. before jumping several years forward.

I think I need to call the Doctor

Tober
17th February 2008, 07:59 PM
Isn't the start set a few years after the end of T2?

GoktimusPrime
17th February 2008, 09:22 PM
It starts off in 1999 and then jumps to 2007 by the end of the ep.

The_Damned
21st February 2008, 08:16 PM
just finished wating ep 6 really enjoying it

Tiby
21st February 2008, 11:14 PM
I really like the show and I think the actress playing Sarah improves a lot in the second ep. I still think John is horribly miscast, but then he was only ever a supporting character.

I haven't seen T3 so I have no conundrums going on!

As for Easter Eggs, did you see "1337" on the computer shop glass door?
And of course the female Terminator's name is "Cameron".

roller
22nd February 2008, 09:36 AM
dinger

cant watch it, too busy with uni prep corse

is it set between T2 3d and T3?

kup
22nd February 2008, 09:39 AM
Its set some years after T2 (John is in his latter high school years) and appears to ignore T3 completly in the continuity.
________
Outdoor Teen (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/813/teen/videos/1)

Paulbot
22nd February 2008, 11:50 AM
Not really... slight spoiler ahead ... in the second episode Terminator-Girl explained that that Sarah Connor had died as established in T3.

But now due to the fun of Time Travel, Sarah's got a chance to dodge that fate (that she'd didn't make!) and they are pretty much in an alternate/altered timeline.

GoktimusPrime
22nd February 2008, 12:33 PM
I missed ep 2. Dag yo. :(

kup
22nd February 2008, 01:01 PM
I missed ep 2. Dag yo. :(

I recorded it but haven't watched it yet. Waiting for the weekend to do that as I arrive too late to watch it as I am tired.

If you like I can make a copy for you and give it to you in the next fan meet.
________
ANAL BLONDE (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/82/blonde/videos/1)

Kyle
22nd February 2008, 01:38 PM
It's a good show so far. :)

kup
23rd February 2008, 07:43 PM
I just saw episode 2. I am happy with the series so far, no sillyness and you can tell that they are trying their best on a limited budget.

However this episode has shown some continuity with T3, I say some because they are in what appears to be an 'altered' continuity due to the time shifting. This is revealed when Summer reveals to Connor that she was to die of cancer in 2005 just like it was told in T3.
________
Kissing Advice Forum (http://www.love-help.org/kissing-advice/)

kup
1st March 2008, 09:27 PM
Finally saw the last episode (I had recorded it). So far this series is turning out pretty good but it looks like Channel 9 is going to give it the same treatment all worthwhile series get on Australian TV.

Every good series that is on Australian free to air TV goes through the same crap. First they premiere it at Prime time, then after a couple of episodes it gets 2 weeks or so break before the next episode after that they give it some ridiculous time slot while some dumb ass reality TV show takes its former time. Some time later it just dissapears.
________
Dc Medical Marijuana (http://dc.dispensaries.org/)

roller
2nd March 2008, 12:06 AM
yeah like Torchwood

Kyle
2nd March 2008, 12:15 PM
I hope the writers' strike hasn't killed this series... I'd be seriously disappointed if this series does not continue. Hope there'll be more. :(

Burn
5th March 2008, 04:56 PM
You don't need to worry about the writer's strike. Season 1 was actually written well in advance, in fact filming was completed before the strike occurred. It took a while to do all the special effects.

What is a surprise is the length of the season, there's only nine episodes. I'd be really surprised if Fox didn't pick it up for a second season.

Kyle
5th March 2008, 09:27 PM
I want a decent Summer Glau action figure. :p