PDA

View Full Version : Kmart toy sale 2nd to 15th July.

jaydisc
25th June 2009, 09:59 AM
My daily automated script has found you the new Kmart catalog (http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/Catalogue.aspx?CatalogueID=134), prices and all! :D

(toy prices added in later)

Ultimate Bumblebee - $88 (save $111)
Bumblebee Helmet - $59 (save $20)
Bumblebee Cannon - $59 (save $20)
Legends - $5 (save $2)
Robot Heroes - $10
Scouts - $13 (save $3)
Deluxe - $22 (save $7)
Leaders - $70
Animated Super (Rollout Out) Optimus - $55 (save $68)

Plus on page 79 - Price Promise Guarantee - only matches prices now, no longer beating prices by 10%.

blackie
25th June 2009, 10:03 AM
My daily automated script has found you the new Kmart catalog (http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/Catalogue.aspx?CatalogueID=134), prices and all! :D

wierd, i get a server error

iceburn
25th June 2009, 10:03 AM
wierd, i get a server error +1

jaydisc
25th June 2009, 10:06 AM
The whole site has gone majorly flaky. I think I busted it. It looks like the catalogue is public anyway.

sifun
25th June 2009, 10:08 AM
so prices better than big w ?

k.wong23
25th June 2009, 10:10 AM
The whole website is just down atm

blackie
25th June 2009, 10:12 AM
hahahahah
JD broke kmart

jaydisc
25th June 2009, 10:17 AM
IT'S POO POO!!!!!!!!! $22 deluxe, $13 scout!!!! RUBBISHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

blackie
25th June 2009, 10:18 AM
and $600 for the deathstar

Saintly
25th June 2009, 10:35 AM
JD, i think you broke it! the whole www.kmart.com.au (http://www.kmart.com.au) is not accessible! (got a 404!)

iceburn
25th June 2009, 10:36 AM
jay.....oh oh noti boiboi

jaydisc
25th June 2009, 11:36 AM

Further bullsh*t!!! How convenient that shop.lego.com just raised the price a couple weeks ago from A$650 to A$700.... I wonder why? :rolleyes:

I don't think I'm bothering with the midnight visit anymore. :mad:

iceburn
25th June 2009, 11:49 AM
Further bullsh*t!!! How convenient that shop.lego.com just raised the price a couple weeks ago from A$650 to A$700.... I wonder why? :rolleyes:

come for the fun of it!! sheesh...

Golden Phoenix
25th June 2009, 12:11 PM

Is Big W doing a midnight sale?
We could go there instead just to spite K-Mart

Mr_K
25th June 2009, 01:28 PM

Yeah I noticed that too -> Fail! No way I'm paying that much for it. The Taj Mahal is only $400 and has nearly twice as many pieces. I would have thought that $400 for the death star would have been heaps but would be ok since it was the Star Wars licence, but not $600

jaydisc
25th June 2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I was expecting, hoping, and willing to pay A$500. You can get the Taj Mahal today for $360 today with a Myer One card and voucher too btw.

Golden Phoenix
25th June 2009, 02:20 PM
Weak sale K-Mart...Weak
There is little here worth getting. Only the Lego exclusives entice me and it is only because they are exclusives

Mr_K
25th June 2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I was expecting, hoping, and willing to pay A$500. You can get the Taj Mahal today for $360 today with a Myer One card and voucher two btw.

How do you get a Myer One card? -> do they cost?

Saintly
25th June 2009, 02:47 PM
How do you get a Myer One card? -> do they cost?
nope.. apply instore

jaydisc
25th June 2009, 04:04 PM
Bring the voucher with you just in case you can get instant savings.

Dylbot
25th June 2009, 07:11 PM
So Big W is still cheaper yeh?

Lord_Zed
25th June 2009, 09:40 PM

I hope that's a real Deathstar with working frickin laser!

Kalixis
26th June 2009, 12:20 AM
Since the site's been a bit flakey, here's the prices for tf stuff:

Bumblebee voice mixer - $59
Ultimate Bumblebee - $88
Movie Legends - $5
Robot Heroes - $9.99
Movie Scout - $13
Deluxe - $22
Animated Optimus, Roll Out Command - $55
Bumblebee Weapon - $59
Transformers 2 Carry case (Exclusive, apparently) $22

Note that bar that 1 animated, these prices are all for TF2 movie items.

griffin
26th June 2009, 01:50 AM
I just went through the catalogue and added the prices into the first posting, but missed the carry case. Oddly, they mentioned the Movie Leaders on page 79.

They also have in the catalogue, activity packs, a kid's costume, a kid's bike and the game.

STL
26th June 2009, 01:56 AM
I like K-Mart's new little symbols.

"Too Hot to Layby" = we refuse to let u layby this b/c it's going to sell and we dont' want it sitting out back till Christmas while we could be making money.

"Christmas layby" = we have a healthy supply r/ship with the manufacturer. We'll be able to meet any shortfall easily.

:rolleyes:

Golden Phoenix
26th June 2009, 11:31 AM
I used to complain there wasn't a local K-mart that I could get to easily.

Emphasis on the phrase "used to"

Tropisetron
27th June 2009, 10:17 PM
Hey guys,

Is Kmart having the midnight sale?

Can't find the information anywhere..... except BigW is definitely going to have it according to their website.

Any help will be appreciated!
Cheers

STL
28th June 2009, 11:58 PM
Hey guys,

Is Kmart having the midnight sale?

They are in Vic but I'm not so sure which locations in SA though. Maybe call their customer service number?

shokwave2
1st July 2009, 04:40 PM
IT'S POO POO!!!!!!!!! $22 deluxe, $13 scout!!!! RUBBISHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

And certain items you're not allowed to layby, e.g. TF Leaders. Get stuffed Kmart:mad::mad::mad:

Gouki
1st July 2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah. K-Mart are handling their toy sale really weirdly this year. My partner wanted the talking R2-D2 so bad, but K-Mart don't want it to sell clearly.

jaydisc
2nd July 2009, 12:08 PM
FYI:

Kmart has two types of layby:

Standard 8-week layby. Available for anything NOT marked "Too hot for layby".

Christmas layby. Only for items indicated as available for this (xmas tree icon in cat). If you want more than 8 weeks on one of these you just go to the layby counter without the item and with the catalog and they'll order that item for you and it can't be picked up until Dec 1.

This probably belongs in the Kmart thread. :p

Zahhak
2nd July 2009, 10:09 PM
For everyone in Perth, Belmont Kmart has deluxes marked as $19, not 22...I tried scanning a toy but it said price check error...I'm not sure what its like everywhere else and I didnt buy a deluxe from Kmart to see.

Gasaraki
2nd July 2009, 10:45 PM
For everyone in Perth, Belmont Kmart has deluxes marked as $19, not 22...I tried scanning a toy but it said price check error...I'm not sure what its like everywhere else and I didnt buy a deluxe from Kmart to see.

I found the same at Kmart Innaloo:
ROTF Deluxes & FAB marked at $19
ROTF Leaders at $68
Looks like a response to Big-W's prices to me.

Tropisetron
2nd July 2009, 11:17 PM
Oh yes... Kmart is also selling their animated 2 pack (Purple Shockwave+Bumblebee and Sunstorm+ratchet) for AUD35.

griffin
3rd July 2009, 12:12 AM
I found the same at Kmart Innaloo:
ROTF Deluxes & FAB marked at $19
ROTF Leaders at $68
Looks like a response to Big-W's prices to me.

The Garden City store that I went to yesterday had all but the FABs prices changed, and wouldn't you know it... I only wanted the new FABs from there. Fortunately they were willing to price-match to BigW (musta just asked if they had FABs, without asking for specific ones, because the ones I wanted aren't in BigW yet).

The big bummer though - they wouldn't accept my staff discount card on price-matched items. That's new, because I've always been able to get the extra staff discount on price-matched items. As a manager at DavidJones recently pointed out to me - loyalty and staff cards are the reasons why a person would bother to buy something at their store, if they are only prepared to price-match 'instock' items. Otherwise, they would just buy it from that nearby store and save the time and hassle.

I guess with Kmart, you still have fly-buys or gift-cards as a reason to go to the trouble of price-matching an item that you know is instock at the nearby competitor.

blackie
3rd July 2009, 12:15 AM
The Garden City store that I went to yesterday had all but the FABs prices changed, and wouldn't you know it... I only wanted the new FABs from there. Fortunately they were willing to price-match to BigW (musta just asked if they had FABs, without asking for specific ones, because the ones I wanted aren't in BigW yet).

The big bummer though - they wouldn't accept my staff discount card on price-matched items. That's new, because I've always been able to get the extra staff discount on price-matched items. As a manager at DavidJones recently pointed out to me - loyalty and staff cards are the reasons why a person would bother to buy something at their store, if they are only prepared to price-match 'instock' items. Otherwise, they would just buy it from that nearby store and save the time and hassle.

I guess with Kmart, you still have fly-buys or gift-cards as a reason to go to the trouble of price-matching an item that you know is instock at the nearby competitor.

they did it for us when i scanned mine for all the members at the meet the other night, wierd

griffin
3rd July 2009, 12:21 AM
Maybe it's just the Garden City store being stindgey. After all, they were still charging $29 for the FABS... :mad:

TF76
3rd July 2009, 12:25 AM
I price matched the cents difference then used a staff discount at kmart yesterday. I think if it wasn't accepted the system would reject it. Like how target rejects staff discount when there is 15% Off storewide. Kmart tried to refuse double discount on a wii console last year but it scanned and went through the system.

jaydisc
4th July 2009, 09:20 AM
Just noticed this morning that Kmart replaced their online catalog with a new one (http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/Catalogue.aspx?CatalogueID=146) reflecting the updated prices ($68 for Leader, $19 for Deluxe). I wonder if they'll print new ones too? I doubt it.

SGB
4th July 2009, 02:20 PM
Looks like TFA Shockwave w/Bumblebee is on sale as well. Picked one up this afternoon and the price rang up at $35.

Tiby
4th July 2009, 02:52 PM
I went to my local K-Mart today and the prices had been changed to almost match BIG W (but for the cents). Someone obviously read the BIG W catalogue and they moved pretty fast.

Now I wonder why Target has their sale so late? No doubt so they don't need to compete properly.

griffin
4th July 2009, 04:17 PM
It's because most of the Target stores that do have a price-matching policy, will only cover toys during their sale. So, if there aren't any significant sales on at the same time, they can offer price-matching with very little risk to actually needing to do it. It's a bit like offering an item on sale at a heavy discount, but then not having it in stock during the sale, and therefore not losing any money over it.

fatbot
4th July 2009, 04:26 PM
It's because most of the Target stores that do have a price-matching policy, will only cover toys during their sale. So, if there aren't any significant sales on at the same time, they can offer price-matching with very little risk to actually needing to do it. It's a bit like offering an item on sale at a heavy discount, but then not having it in stock during the sale, and therefore not losing any money over it.

If they don't have an item you want, ask for a raincheck, if they refuse, put in a complaint with fair trading. It smacks of false advertising when stores advertise a product for a sale, then don't deliver it and then refuse to give you a raincheck so you can get it at the sale price.

griffin
4th July 2009, 06:11 PM
Yeah, but I think that's why they often have 'no rainchecks' on heavily discounted sale items, to cap the amount of profit they lose on those lines, to a set quantity.