PDA

View Full Version : Toy buying now that you've seen ROTF

Paulbot
25th June 2009, 12:59 PM
Poll coming..

Golden Phoenix
25th June 2009, 01:06 PM
I don't like most of the movie toys. I don't think this will change what I was going to do.

Just a couple of them is all I want

Sleeve
25th June 2009, 01:07 PM
It's funny because when the first film came out I bought the standard line figures (not FAB's or anything like that) of every character in the movie and also the other vehicles that appeared, like Incincinerator (Osprey) and Stockade (S7 SUV). I would have done it again this time, but have had to limit myself because of funds, but also couldn't be bothered getting characters I already had, like Ironhide, Ratchet and Starscream.

So far I have leader Prime and deluxes Sideswipe and Sideways, and the only other ones I've really wanted are Stratosphere, the ice-cream truck, leader Jetfire and Robot Replicas Sideswipe.

I'm thinking I may get voyager Megatron and The Fallen, but will probably wait for the store-exclusive Fallen with the better paint app. Apart from that there's nothing else I'm hanging out for, but who knows, I may pick up something else if I have the cash or feel a sudden compelling urge to get something.

Lord_Zed
25th June 2009, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure how to answer this poll,

I will be buying a few more Transformers from ROTF after seeing the movie, IE Wheelie and the twins, but at the same time I think I'll skip Devestator unless he becomes real cheap!

On the other hand it reafirmed my purchase of Voyager Megs and Starscream, though it didn't do that much for Demolishor.

Sky Shadow
25th June 2009, 01:21 PM
I voted "I will buy toys of some of the characters in ROTF and some that weren't" because I'm tempted by Ransack, Wheelie, Jetfire, The Ice Cream Twins, Stratosphere, The Doctor/Scalpel, Ejector and some of the Constructicons. But I currently have no ROTF toys and may not end up buying any of them.

Unless they release Alice. :D

jaydisc
25th June 2009, 02:01 PM
Hasn't affected me. I'm happy with my initial purchases of Leader Prime and Sideswipe, and am really only keen for Human Alliance.

Deceptic_Optic
25th June 2009, 02:10 PM
still should and still would... damn i still love sideways regardless of ....*spoiler*.... in the movie

Thanatos
25th June 2009, 02:22 PM
I kind of want to get the new Leaders, but I'm not sure due to price.

I was always going to buy Sideswipe, and now I've seen the movie I've been influenced by some characters. I definately want to get the twins now, as well as Rampage, but I've been turned off buying Sideways, who disappointed me immensely.

Gutsman Heavy
25th June 2009, 02:33 PM
I'll also be skipping Sideways now, the mould isn't appealing enough and his appearance seals the skipping deal!

Mr_K
25th June 2009, 02:48 PM
I was interested in getting Leader Jetfire and Leader Starscream before seeing the film, now I'll prob skip them.

i_amtrunks
25th June 2009, 02:49 PM
I was only planning on getting the Ice Cream van, some scouts and a few other figures, but now I have seen the movie, I will also grab a few other on-screen characters, but wont be touching toys of characters from the first film (Bar perhaps Leader Prime). It all comes down to funds, but Ic ertainly feel no desire to grab most of the toys.

iceburn
25th June 2009, 02:58 PM
i havent seen it so i won't put my poll now but most likely all characters except dumb repaints or same mould/character

Sleeve
25th June 2009, 03:05 PM
Hah, forgot to say I'll be getting all the Human Alliance figures. Knew that before I saw the film.

Paulbot
25th June 2009, 03:12 PM
In the movie Sideways appears to be the lighter variant, more silver than black, but it wont make me buy the lighter variant now.

but wont be touching toys of characters from the first film (Bar perhaps Leader Prime).

That's why I put the "new characters" options in since characters like Ratchet barely register in the movie.

Ironhide63
25th June 2009, 03:46 PM
more accuratly if I seem em...im getting em, provided i have the money. I have demolishor/leader prime/sideswipe and ironhide. I want all 4 leaders..voyager scream, both twins+ice cream twins, ravage, soundwave, bb, ha bb, ha skids, fallen, probably ransack and dirtbss and deadend. sideways too. im gonna be broke too cause i want game and dvd special edition blah blah blah too.

forgot to add im gonna get the supreme devastator and hopefully legends too.

jaydisc
25th June 2009, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll get [at least] the non-combing ConCons (maybe the combiner too), although I'm going to try and hold out for a red Rampage.

Ode to a Grasshopper
25th June 2009, 04:43 PM
Ice-cream twins, next year's Ironhide & Bludgeon, and any Scouts that grab my interest (toaster-bot for sure)...maybe the Arcee crew if their combined form is cool and they're on special.

shokwave2
25th June 2009, 05:06 PM
I must be the only one buying all the movie charcters. I guess it makes up for not buying any of the 07 movie figures.

Norcinu
25th June 2009, 06:05 PM
I've just gotten myself Soundwave and plan on looking out for Fallen and Ravage. Autobots don't take my interest :P

Jetfire
25th June 2009, 07:03 PM
So far I've just bought an Optimus Leader and Voyager.

May get some others, I'm seeing the movie tonight.

Leader Jetfire is on my want list for obvious reasons.

Dylbot
25th June 2009, 07:09 PM
I love construction vehicles, So I'm tempted to get Devastator when he comes out. Loved the scene just before they combined. I would be scared of those machines coming towards me regardless if they were Decepticons or not!

GoktimusPrime
25th June 2009, 08:06 PM
I was already planning on getting all the characters in the movie plus any other toys that appeal to me - so the movie hasn't changed that.

So far the only thing it's changed is my decision to get Voyager Starscream. As a toy fan those tats really put me off, but seeing that it's in-canon with the movie, I decided to get it... but only on sale. Lucky for me I found it on 20% sale at Myer today and with my wife's MyerOne card I got a further 10% discount - paying only $36! :)

I thought the appearance of the Constructicons as "Imperial Stormtroopers" (as aptly described by dirge when I saw it with him last night) was an interesting way of justifying the purchase of both Constructicon Devastator and the individual Constructicons, but it hasn't swayed me. I'm still going to stick to my plan of only getting the individual Constructicons as "regular" TF toys and Devastator as Legends.

I liked seeing NEST in the movie, but it hasn't convinced me to buy any of the HA figures.

Doubledealer
25th June 2009, 08:20 PM
So far the only thing it's changed is my decision to get Voyager Starscream.
Ditto. Picked him up this arvy. :D

Lord_Zed
25th June 2009, 08:52 PM
Well ROTF managed to influence me to buy Mudflap today, while I probably would have bought him anyway, I actualy payed full price for him thanks to the film and the fact he was the only one in stock. All my others ROTF toys have been dicounted 15-40% so I blame the movie feels wrong.;)

The other addition TF that I will be getting solely because of the movie is Soundwave, Although he some abundant everywhere so I'll wait for a sale with him.

STL
26th June 2009, 12:48 AM
I voted everything. But I'm lame, I know. :o

Robzy
26th June 2009, 01:14 AM
I've got most of the ones I want already! I'm only really keen on picking up Ravage, the Legends Devastator and the Human Alliance figs.

The movie kinda made me NOT want to get certain characters (the Fallen, the Twins), but on the other hand, it did succeed in making me want to buy other characters (Wheelie, Jetfire)

Bartrim
26th June 2009, 09:56 AM
I was already planning on getting both sets of the twins. I'll probably get Sideswipe now. Depending on how he goes in the game I may get a Sideways, same for Long Haul (I hear he's in the game). I may get Jolt if the right situation arises (a sale or I just need retail therapy:p) and I'll try and hold out for a red Rampage. I'll definitely be buying an Ejector too.

As for non movie characters well I already have Ransack... but he's in the novel. I'll take each figure as he comes.

Gutsman Heavy
26th June 2009, 10:39 AM
I may get Sideways after all, thanks to the game making him fun and cool :D

SilverDragon
27th June 2009, 08:19 PM
I think there should be an option of 'I want to buy a specific RotF toy that I didn't want to previously'.

I liked Jetfire so much I'm seriously contemplating saving up for his Leader-class toy.

ajz
27th June 2009, 08:29 PM
I'm simply buying the Autobots that are new to this film.

Good news here is that they are all Deluxe figures and 1 x Jetfire leader, so shouldn't cost me too much:rolleyes:

Deceptic_Optic
27th June 2009, 08:49 PM
i think im collecting majority of it, except the voyager class megs and prime cos i got the leader class and i dunno as good as everyone thinks of the scouts i think ill pass. im just waiting for jetfire, jolt, wheelie, arcee, chromia, skids and long haul and probably 5 more of the fallen and devastator... thats all :p

TheDirtyDigger
28th June 2009, 12:22 AM
Well now that I've seen the movie my bank account can breathe easier knowing I wont be getting much at all of the ROTF line.

Beast_Wars_Superior
28th June 2009, 12:49 AM
Oh man, it's gonna be so hard to resist buying a Jetfire. :p

hound
28th June 2009, 01:21 AM
I will buy the one I fancy.

Jetfire
28th June 2009, 11:42 AM
Picked up a Smokescreen deluxe. I wandered into KMart, and decided to pick something, and this mold looked the best to me, the robot mode looks cool and the alt looks cleaner than Sideways

Lordy
29th June 2009, 11:52 AM
Are they doing an ice cream van? Cos I'd buy one of those. Loved the writing down the side of it

"Decepticons can suck on my popsicle"

Paulbot
29th June 2009, 11:53 AM
Are they doing an ice cream van? Cos I'd buy one of those. Loved the writing down the side of it

"Decepticons can suck on my popsicle"

Yes they are (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=4553). Not sure if it's got that quote on it though.

GoktimusPrime
29th June 2009, 01:10 PM
That's awesome! Thanks for posting that - I'd missed that thread before as I was still tiptoeing around spoilers at the time. ;)

Scattershot
29th June 2009, 08:03 PM
My plan was to go TF shopping directly after I saw the movie however after I saw it and had a headache from trying to tie plotholes and shooting bashing my head against the chair in front of me at the constant shit humour I came home and purchased a G1 Ultra Magnus of a member on this forum to restore my faith in Transformers. Can't wait for it to arrive. I'll probably end up getting a few of the characters I like but I'm not going to get the whole cast like TF1.

d*r*j*
30th June 2009, 09:53 AM
I voted none.

But now I'm thinking of making a liar out of myself...

A leaner and meaner starscream, covered in alien tattoos. For $36.62 at the big W sale... maybe just one... maybe.

TF76
30th June 2009, 08:18 PM
Getting

Leader: Prime (To Cool), Megatron (New) and Jetfire

Deluxe: Sideswipe, Mudflap, Skids, Jolt Sidways and Preview Bee (differert enough)

Sup Devestator

Maybe

The Fallen (but I think he is to Small) and Ironhide (the only 1st movie toy i didn't get double but he is ugly and not that different) a few legends (if they make them all)

RageOnTheRoads
1st July 2009, 02:32 PM
wasn't going to bother with Ravage, what with his ... can you even call it an alt mode? :rolleyes: Now that I have seen him in all his CG glory though, I'll be skipping off to the sales to pick him up. :D

JuzMel
1st July 2009, 03:35 PM
Heh just cannot resist getting those that appear in the movie.. though size wise the Fallen is a bit small. He should have been Ultra size / Leader size.

Just curious though, is there any difference in Desert Tracker Ratchet and the Movie 07 one apart from the colour? Cause if you ask me, the ROTF one in the movie seemed to look more like Metallic Ratchet instead.

STL
2nd July 2009, 12:50 PM
Heh just cannot resist getting those that appear in the movie.. though size wise the Fallen is a bit small. He should have been Ultra size / Leader size.

Just curious though, is there any difference in Desert Tracker Ratchet and the Movie 07 one apart from the colour? Cause if you ask me, the ROTF one in the movie seemed to look more like Metallic Ratchet instead.

Agreed. The nice touch and my weak rationalisation is that the Desert sand paint apps are a nice differentiating point for a Desert filled battling version of Ratchet should I need one.

The Scream Man
2nd July 2009, 04:54 PM
I got Sideswipe, and am ahlf tempted by some of the others, but i dont know that I want to go down this particular slippery slope...i may just hold off and only get the Human Alliance figures.

kup
3rd July 2009, 12:28 PM
I will still only get a few figures. With TF1 I collected the characters that appeared in the movie. Although I enjoyed TF2, I didn't like it as much as the first as it was too Bayrrific.

I will probably get the following only:

- Ministator
- Sideswipe - Got him
- Mudflap - Got him
- Skids (if avaliable)
- Ice Cream truck
- Soundwave
- Voyager Megatron
- The Fallen (maybe)
- The toaster guy (weird alt mode)
- Dirt Boss - Got him
- Ransack - Got him
- Starscream - Got him

G1Optimal
17th July 2009, 01:44 AM
Will be"trying" to buy all of them though prioritization....

Movie Character Autobot's
"Non" Movie Autobots and any "Most Wanted Decepticon/s".:D
Movie Character Decepticon's
"Non" Movie Decepticon's

which Autobots are at the top, but if i can't ...
"I will buy toys of some of the characters in ROTF and some that weren't":)

Kyle
24th July 2009, 09:10 AM
My ROTF forces are growing... :o

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/Kyle_Chow/DSC00259.jpg

http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/attachments/month_0906/20090630_564ad9e61deb985d257alpa1758r68jG.jpg

liegeprime
24th July 2009, 09:27 AM
Guys, saw/played the Ice cream truck already and let me say, it is such a let down and really small :(. Good thing Pulse brought it over for me to see the other day. It aint worth buying IMO. It far smaller than a scout, slightly bigger than a legends. Well, if you think coz there hasnt been an Ice cream truck mold so you'll get it for that, good for you. But me nah. Ill just buy whatever tickles me fancy.

Robzy
24th July 2009, 09:54 AM
Guys, saw/played the Ice cream truck already and let me say, it is such a let down and really small :(. Good thing Pulse brought it over for me to see the other day. It aint worth buying IMO. It far smaller than a scout, slightly bigger than a legends. Well, if you think coz there hasnt been an Ice cream truck mold so you'll get it for that, good for you. But me nah. Ill just buy whatever tickles me fancy.

TBH I was never really that excited by this figure in the first place (I think I'm the only one), and the characters certainly didn't endear themselves to me during the film anyway. I think your comments just make it easier for me to say 'pass'.

Jetfire
1st August 2009, 12:30 PM
Well, I said I would only buy a couple..

Since then the ROTF army has grown to 3 Leaders, 4 Scouts, 9 Deluxe Figures and 4 Voyagers.

Thanatos
1st August 2009, 12:56 PM
I only have Knock Out and Soundwave and I'm not really planning much more past that. Might go pick up a Sideswipe and a Long Haul. However I played the ROTF game yesterday and Breakaway seems pretty cool now that there's a voice for him.

Paulbot
2nd August 2009, 07:55 PM
I am buying toys of characters that were in the movie as soon as I see them now as they do seem to be going quickly. So for instance I saw Scalpel yesterday and the Ice Cream Truck twins today and paid full price for them. There were other new Scouts and Deluxes that I want to get too but can wait for a sale for them.

yukitora
25th August 2009, 05:59 PM
i think this toy line is a bit ugly. just like energon. the colours are a bit better, but the design... eeeeewwwwwewewewewwww someones been in the mushroom patch again!

Lord_Zed
27th August 2009, 09:25 PM
i think this toy line is a bit ugly. just like energon. the colours are a bit better, but the design... eeeeewwwwwewewewewwww someones been in the mushroom patch again!

Really, I actualy think there are more winners in this line then the first movie line. There are also one or two loosers who are worse than movie one to though, so maybe it evens out in the end.

I like the movie design because for me it's anice contrast to the classic bright cartoony look of Classics Universe.

But the real reason I came back to this thread is, now that I've almost completed my collection of the ROTF toys I wanted. I've managed to get everyone discounted except.... wouldn't you know it the comedy characters. The Twins in both forms, Wheelie, heck even Scapel, all those wierd looking chararacters are the ones I ended up paying full price for. If that isn't an example of the power of the movie on my tov buying, then I don't know what is.:D

GoktimusPrime
27th August 2009, 11:02 PM
My remaining ROTF want list:
+ Arcee (Deluxe)
+ Flareup (Deluxe)
+ Grindor (Legends)
+ Scrapper (I have the Legends but I want a Deluxe or Voyager)
+ High Tower (have the Legends but want a Deluxe)
+ Overload (have Legends want Deluxe or Voyager)

I'd also like a toy of Alice, Reedman and Insecticon, but I suspect that they probably will never be made as toys. :(

kup
28th August 2009, 12:05 AM
+ Arcee (Deluxe)
+ Flareup (Deluxe)
+ Grindor (Legends)

I'd also like a toy of Alice, Reedman and Insecticon, but I suspect that they probably will never be made as toys. :(

Didn't Archer at some panel hint it when someone asked if there was going to be toys of human characters? However he could have meant human alliance but he made sound like if it was going to be something weird and although humans in the TF line is somewhat unusual, it isn't weird.

Lord_Zed
28th August 2009, 12:38 AM
+ Arcee (Deluxe)
+ Flareup (Deluxe)
+ Grindor (Legends)

I still would like Arcee, as my token fem/bike/bot, (pass on Chromia though) and some more constructicons If they release them. A few of the expanded universe characters look good to. However my aqquisition of Jolt today puts me pretty close to wrapping up my collection of ROTF toys that I've been inspired to collect by the movie.

You'll probably have to source that Alice figure from another line tho.

GoktimusPrime
28th August 2009, 10:16 AM
I really want Deluxe or Voyagers (preferably Deluxe) of all the Constructicons. Having only Demolishor, Rampage, Mixmaster and Long Haul as Deluxe/Voyagers makes me feel like my ROTF Constructicon set is incomplete. :(