PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe Rise Of Cobra (Toy sightings)

Lord_Zed
26th June 2009, 12:31 AM
Saw a smatering of the new Rise of Cobra figures at Kmart today, while I'm tempted to get Shipwreck and a few of the more normal soldier looking figures the prices were a complete turn of, it costs almost as much for one Armadillo tank and figure as it does for the tank and Serpentors Air Chariot in the 25th Anniversary line. No doubt Hasbro has loaded these vehicles and figures with lame gimmicks to justify the cost, geeeeezzzz!!!!:eek:

That's even more than Toys R Us 25th anniversary line. Think I will wait till the sales thanks.

Omega Supreme
26th June 2009, 07:07 AM
How much were the single figures there ? At toyworld I picked up a few for $14.95.
The Vehicles were $50 each for the Gunship & Humvee thingo, $70 For the Night Raven.

Deceptic_Optic
26th June 2009, 09:28 AM
was there any storm shadow and snake eyes? and where abouts? are you from sydney?

Omega Supreme
26th June 2009, 09:30 AM
was there any storm shadow and snake eyes? and where abouts? are you from sydney?

Yep heaps of Snake Eyes and a few Storm Shadows.

No im from Canberra.

liegeprime
26th June 2009, 09:32 AM
$70 for a night raven!! wow that is expensive!!:eek: Im now fearing how much will the The Pit base cost?! also IF we are going to get that toy....:o

Omega Supreme
26th June 2009, 09:35 AM
$70 for a night raven!! wow that is expensive!!:eek: Im now fearing how much will the The Pit base cost?! also IF we are going to get that toy....:o

Im hoping we see the pit as well, probably going to be $150 at least one would expect.

Deceptic_Optic
26th June 2009, 09:46 AM

dre have you saeen any G I JOE's around?

Lord_Zed
26th June 2009, 11:52 AM
The prices at Kmart were pretty horrific, though I suppose after seeing the jump in TF prices I Shouldn't be suprised, but still......

Single figures were around $17
small vehicles were near $30
and the larger ones were over $60
I did not see the Night Raven or Pitt.

Seems like Toyworld prices are much more reasonable. I'll wait to see if Big W stock up I think.

For the record I found the figures in Sydney at Hurstville Kmart and I saw:

Snake Eyes
Stormshadow
Destro
Baroness
Breaker
Ripcord
Heavy Duty
Duke
Shipwreck
Neo Viper

Deceptic_Optic
26th June 2009, 11:56 AM
The prices at Kmart were pretty horrific, though I suppose after seeing the jump in TF prices I Shouldn't be suprised, but still......

Single figures were around $17
small vehicles were near $30
and the larger ones were over $60
I did not see the Night Raven or Pitt.

Seems like Toyworld prices are much more reasonable. I'll wait to see if Big W stock up I think.

For the record I found the figures in Sydney at Hurstville Kmart and I saw:

Snake Eyes
Stormshadow
Destro
Baroness
Breaker
Ripcord
Heavy Duty
Duke
Shipwreck
Neo Viper

dang i was there yesterday but didnt go to kmart! dang dang dang oh well *shrugs shoulders* might have to wait for the sales.

Paulbot
26th June 2009, 11:59 AM
I've seen some figures appear at Toyworld but not noticed the prices sorry.

TheDirtyDigger
26th June 2009, 12:23 PM
Kmart!

Grabbed Baroness and Storm Shadow in 3 and 3/4 inch scale. The Joe Action Battlers were there as well and actually look cool.

Ironhide63
27th June 2009, 12:51 AM
I saw some Gi Joe action battlers today...didnt pick em up. Might in the future though, movie looks ok. cant remember prices.

Eruntalon
27th June 2009, 11:08 AM
I've seen the figures around various MYER stores within Melbourne as of Wednesday.

SentinelPrime
28th June 2009, 01:47 PM
Paul at FiguresDirect.com.au has all GI JOE available... cheaper than most retail outlets too.

hound
28th June 2009, 06:40 PM
Night ravens are sold above $90 at Target so $70 is a good price although still expensive.

Paying $17 or $18 for a figure is overkill!

Kyle
30th June 2009, 08:38 AM
Bought these two lovely ladies. :D

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/Kyle_Chow/DSC00118.jpg
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/gijoe/images/8/87/Movie_CGirl01.jpg
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/gijoe-scarlett-poster1-590x867.jpg

Lord_Zed
30th June 2009, 07:21 PM
I'm not sure about the head sculpts there. It could just be the pic, But to me they look a bit like 25th aniversary Duke in drag. I will have to see em in real life.

Though technicaly I'm more keen for the additonal subcharacter than the actual movie ones, but this may change when the movie comes out.

Omega Supreme
30th June 2009, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure about the head sculpts there. It could just be the pic, But to me they look a bit like 25th aniversary Duke in drag. I will have to see em in real life.

Though technicaly I'm more keen for the additonal subcharacter than the actual movie ones, but this may change when the movie comes out.

Sadly the cover girl doesnt look any better in person :(, Im sticking with my DTC one for now.

Kyle
1st July 2009, 09:28 AM

Sadly the cover girl doesnt look any better in person :(, Im sticking with my DTC one for now.

Have to agree with you guys. That's why I posted the real deals for comparisons. I'll still get the 2nd Scarlett in the black suit that's due out later though. :p The face on the Baroness really scared me. :eek:

Dkaris
2nd July 2009, 12:18 AM
we put heaps of the new GI joe stuff out the other night. Unfortunately a lot of it cant be released until July 10=[

Saintly
2nd July 2009, 09:24 AM
saw them at BigW macquarie centre lastnight

Lord_Zed
2nd July 2009, 03:34 PM
Big W only seem to have wave 1, and I want a few figures from the latter waves. I'm still undecided about the first wave.

I saw the Night Raven for $74 at Kmart, but I can't tell if its discounted or not cause I don't know what the RRP is. Overall though I'm still not yet sold.

foor
3rd July 2009, 11:34 PM
we put heaps of the new GI joe stuff out the other night. Unfortunately a lot of it cant be released until July 10=[

How come? Is that the newer waves with Cobra Commander?

liegeprime
7th July 2009, 12:43 AM
Spotted these toys out now in Big W but the figures look really Ugh, Baroness looks like a crone, destro looks KO and the price well.... nah pass. Ill wait for a sale and hopefully I find a Pit base cheap as well.

foor
7th July 2009, 04:07 AM
Big W only seem to have wave 1, and I want a few figures from the latter waves. I'm still undecided about the first wave.

I saw the Night Raven for $74 at Kmart, but I can't tell if its discounted or not cause I don't know what the RRP is. Overall though I'm still not yet sold.

The RRP is $94 I believe. So it's a pretty good discount! Unless you want to wait for clearance, which could be a while. And they may get snatched up once the movie hits.

foor
7th July 2009, 04:08 AM
Spotted these toys out now in Big W but the figures look really Ugh, Baroness looks like a crone, destro looks KO and the price well.... nah pass. Ill wait for a sale and hopefully I find a Pit base cheap as well.

Isn't Big W doing a sale right now? How much was it? Mine had them for $12.88, so I just bought the whole first wave. Including ugly Baroness. But I got plenty of custom fodder, so I'll just replace her head.

liegeprime
7th July 2009, 10:47 AM
Isn't Big W doing a sale right now? How much was it? Mine had them for $12.88, so I just bought the whole first wave. Including ugly Baroness. But I got plenty of custom fodder, so I'll just replace her head.

they werent on sale though, I think a single figure was around $18+ which kinda put me off, I mean the original non movie toys were just 15 and I thought it was already expensive add $3 more for "ugly" faced ones , nah thanks.

Lord_Zed
7th July 2009, 05:49 PM
I still haven't managed to convince myself to get one of these new figures yet. While I'm a big fan of the 25th Anniversary line I haven't yet seen one of the new figures that has tickled my fancies. At least not in-store anyway, though Matrix Stormshadow has a certain appeal. Not sure about the Night Raven either, does anyone know how big it is? Sealed away in its cardboard box, I'm not sure If I want to take a punt on it.

Would love to see pics if anyone has one.

Kyle
7th July 2009, 06:39 PM
I still haven't managed to convince myself to get one of these new figures yet. While I'm a big fan of the 25th Anniversary line I haven't yet seen one of the new figures that has tickled my fancies. At least not in-store anyway, though Matrix Stormshadow has a certain appeal. Not sure about the Night Raven either, does anyone know how big it is? Sealed away in its cardboard box, I'm not sure If I want to take a punt on it.

Would love to see pics if anyone has one.

Here's a review of the new and comparison to the old one:

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=194&t=3668

Lord_Zed
7th July 2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks.

Nice pics, still not sure If I want it.

Sure wish I had a complete old one though WOW such a beauty!!!!!!

As TF fans we sometimes say they were better in the old days, but when it comes to GI Joe vehicles its almost always absolutely true.

foor
7th July 2009, 10:07 PM
The new vehicles feel.... cheap. The 25th vehicles like the HISS Tank are great! I bought the Night Raven but now I'm now having buyers remorse.

With Big W having a sale for 12.88 a figure, I'm grabbing all I can until the sale ends. Shame they're sold out now. No idea when restocks will come...

d*r*j*
8th July 2009, 10:09 AM
I added the 1st Snake Eyes to my collection from the big w $12.88 sale. It's a nice version of SE (the legs were a bit loose... easy fixed). I like it all round; cool glossy black, nice back pack, great weapons... that missile launcher thing is a bit too big, I'm hoping it's something to do with the movie and not because of toy safety laws. Will probably pick up the paris pursuit one as well as the target exclusive one.

Mecheon
8th July 2009, 07:19 PM
If you can get it cheap, pick up the Armored Panther, because it includes Thunderblast, who is basically Resolute Duke but with red hair. Plus its an Armadillo, and even two stonking missile launchers on the side can't break that wonderful design

I wish the not-Scarab was cheaper, because I've been waiting for that ever since the first pictures. Cobra Commander needs a Hummer to drive around in :p

foor
8th July 2009, 07:44 PM
If you can get it cheap, pick up the Armored Panther, because it includes Thunderblast, who is basically Resolute Duke but with red hair. Plus its an Armadillo, and even two stonking missile launchers on the side can't break that wonderful design

I wish the not-Scarab was cheaper, because I've been waiting for that ever since the first pictures. Cobra Commander needs a Hummer to drive around in :p

I can't justify the purchase for one figure. It's $26.00 right now with the sale and $35 after the sale. Thunderblast is great but really... is it worth it. The price is a little high considering TRU had the vehicle two packs for $35!

I like the Hummer. It's a quality vehicle unlike the Raven. Plus a faux-25th Motor-Viper is always good. Shame it's a little pricey and nobody seems to be discounting it in my area.

Lord_Zed
10th July 2009, 12:55 AM
Most of the 25th Anniversary vehicles are just straight repaints with minor mods, I bought a perfectly servicable original Armadillo for $6 at the last collectibles fair. Though I must admit I was very impressed by the Water Mocasion, being a completely new mould that looks just like the original.

Comparatively though I'm not to impressed with these new vehicles, or for that mater the new figures. Even with the sale prices they seem to be more than I payed for my 25th Anniversary Joes, I was hoping to see Joes sold localy for cheaper than waht I got them for online.

I was tempted by the Cobra Hummer, but now I'm thinking I should just buy a Cobra Stinger online instead. Still hoping the Rihno and ice Sabre are decent though.

Dkaris
11th July 2009, 06:44 PM
put out some of the 'july 10 wave figures today. To be honest i dont know GI joe that well, but some of them were the small figures with hang gliders, and one was snake eyes with a motorbike i think. Also got that massive ship thing in stock, the jet one, as well as 12 inch figures of the black and white ninja type guys

SilverDragon
11th July 2009, 06:46 PM

I'm never going to be able to see these toys as anything but Duke in drag thanks to you. :p

d*r*j*
11th July 2009, 07:06 PM
... To be honest i dont know GI joe that well, but some of them were the small figures with hang gliders, and one was snake eyes with a motorbike i think...

Yeah these are the target exclusives... or at least the first batch of target exclusives. Apparently Target is the home of ROC GI Joe. Will probably pick up the snake eyes with blue camo pants and motorbike when target has it's sale... depending on ebay prices.

Just as an example;
12" Snake Eyes/ Storm Shadow @ Aust K-mart on sale $37 (too hot to lay-by!)
12" Snake Eyes/ Storm Shadow @ USA TRU on sale $12

FFN
11th July 2009, 09:15 PM
What's wrong with the new Night Raven (other than its size)? I still have my original, though the starboard landing gear needs to be replaced...

Kyle
11th July 2009, 09:24 PM
The new one actually looks fun to me and I'm very tempted to pick one up from Kmart during the current toy sale.

foor
14th July 2009, 01:45 PM
What's wrong with the new Night Raven (other than its size)? I still have my original, though the starboard landing gear needs to be replaced...

Cor, would you consider selling it? :D

Nothing really bad with the new one. But it is smaller than the old Raven, and the landing wheels don't turn! They're one solid piece of plastic.

Deceptic_Optic
14th July 2009, 03:10 PM
The new one actually looks fun to me and I'm very tempted to pick one up from Kmart during the current toy sale.

got one but havent really opened it yet a bit hesitant i supposed.

Dkaris
14th July 2009, 05:23 PM
those target exclusives arent even in our system so they csnt be sold until the system is updated which could take up to a week. i estimate theyll be around $25

d*r*j*
15th July 2009, 11:30 AM
those target exclusives arent even in our system so they csnt be sold until the system is updated which could take up to a week. i estimate theyll be around $25

I was in Target the other day and tried to scan Snake Eyes... it wouldn't scan so I tried one of the others (I think the Glider) and it scanned as $40... Think someone mentioned on this board that the sale will bring them down to $30... That's way too expensive... But I'll still buy Snake Eyes if I get a chance!!!

Dkaris
17th July 2009, 07:33 PM
I was in Target the other day and tried to scan Snake Eyes... it wouldn't scan so I tried one of the others (I think the Glider) and it scanned as $40... Think someone mentioned on this board that the sale will bring them down to $30... That's way too expensive... But I'll still buy Snake Eyes if I get a chance!!!

yeah their $40 at my target too. i thought theyd be cheaper coz their smaller than the other vehicles.but maybe because their exclusives their more

foor
18th July 2009, 04:54 PM
$25 I'd understand. And maybe even think about. But $40...

rateeg
20th July 2009, 12:20 AM
im looking for the black suit scarlet, is it out now?

FFN
20th July 2009, 03:56 AM
Cor, would you consider selling it? :D

Nothing really bad with the new one. But it is smaller than the old Raven, and the landing wheels don't turn! They're one solid piece of plastic. Not at the moment. The starboard gear broke, and to make repairs, I'll probably need to source parts from the US :(

Lord_Zed
20th July 2009, 01:15 PM
I just can't justify the price of those Alpha Vehicles, for the same price you could get two in the 25th Anniversary line. Still waiting on the movie to inspire me perhaps, but so far none have jumpred out at me.

Not at the moment. The starboard gear broke, and to make repairs, I'll probably need to source parts from the US :(

Where do you plan to get parts from, I have a second hand Night Raven missing just about everything.

FFN
21st July 2009, 04:32 AM
Friends, probably.

rateeg
22nd July 2009, 01:26 PM
i never would have thought i would find an unmasked stormshadow and trenchcoat snake eyes with timber at kmart today.
what a lucky day! :)

Deceptic_Optic
22nd July 2009, 01:27 PM
i never would have thought i would find an unmasked stormshadow and trenchcoat snake eyes with timber at kmart today.
what a lucky day! :)

is there more of that my friend?:eek:

Kyle
22nd July 2009, 02:26 PM
I bought Duke in black suit from Kmart this morning too. :) But the trench coat Snake Eyes and all other figures from that wave have gone already. :(

foor
22nd July 2009, 03:16 PM
Did Snake Eyes come with the black or the gray timber?

Kyle
22nd July 2009, 03:20 PM
I want the black suit Scarlett haha...

Lord_Zed
22nd July 2009, 07:51 PM
Acclerator Suit Scarlet, Trenchcoat Snakeeyes, Stormsahdow unmasked, Ice Viper and the Doctor are figures that I would actualy be keen to pick up at the right price.

If nothing else they look like they will have awesome parts for body swaps. I can make unmasked original series Stormshadow. :D

MV75
22nd July 2009, 09:58 PM
Man these are expensive to the max.

TFs in comparison would be like $50 for a scout.

Bit of a shame really. I remember getting sgt slaughter and his vehicle for $5 new back in the day, now the comparible one is $35. :eek: And the figures for $18! :eek::eek:

foor
22nd July 2009, 10:52 PM
Man these are expensive to the max.

TFs in comparison would be like $50 for a scout.

Bit of a shame really. I remember getting sgt slaughter and his vehicle for $5 new back in the day, now the comparible one is $35. :eek: And the figures for $18! :eek::eek:

Not that bad. With the current sales, the single figures are $13, while the vehicles are $26. Still a bit much.

Lord_Zed
23rd July 2009, 12:15 AM
Considering small vehicles back in the day started at $5 its still pretty bad, figures were always more exspensive because they required more factory work so they haven't gone up anywhere near as much.

Ofcourse back then you had to build your own vehicle, which was an excellant idea as it kept costs down and meant the line had some of the biggest and most complex toys around. Nowadays though everythings gotta be ready from the word go so we get more exspensive but smaller lamer vehicles. So while the action figures advance the vehicles don't. I blame kids short attention spans.

In other news I see the first movie comercials are starting to appear on tv, that last one or two got my hopes up a little. If the add is anything to go by at least the humour will be more of the silly cartoon/comic one liner stuff and less Michael Bay testicular humour. Here's hoping anyway.

rateeg
23rd July 2009, 12:23 PM
is there more of that my friend?:eek:

unfortunately there's just one of each kind, cause i think these figures are 1 per box... but not quite sure though but that's what the case assortments is.

sorry my friend, if ever i spot one, i'll buy it for you.

rateeg
23rd July 2009, 12:24 PM
Did Snake Eyes come with the black or the gray timber?

i got the black with grey neck timber.
is there a grey colored one?

d*r*j*
23rd July 2009, 12:32 PM
I just got the paris pursuit from Kmart aswell. Black Timber!

There is a 'variant' which has the last 25th Timber (comes with the hall of heroes Snake Eyes and Snake Eyes Version: 40).

Kyle
23rd July 2009, 01:20 PM
Bought the trenchcoat Snake Eyes (black Timber), maskless Storm Shadow and Reactive Impact Armour Scarlett from Kmart this morning. This new Scarlett is relatively pretty compared to the girls from the two earlier waves. :p

rateeg
23rd July 2009, 01:23 PM
congrats guys for the superb toy hunting! :)

foor
23rd July 2009, 02:15 PM
Man I'm so jealous of everyone's scores. We're still stuck on wave one here! Nobody seems to want to restock cause they're simply not selling. It's like I'm the only one buying em. :mad:

Kyle
23rd July 2009, 05:57 PM
The Reactive Impact Armour Scarlett is now my favourite Rise of Cobra figure. Not only does she look better than the girls from the earlier wave, her crossbow can be separated into two pieces for storage in her belt holster. Beautifully done. Trenchcoat Snake Eyes is very nice too. Extra points for including Timber instead of one of those ridiculous kiddie projectile weapons. I'm gonna swap some of his parts with the Wave 1 Snake Eyes figure.

Kyle
23rd July 2009, 06:00 PM
Man I'm so jealous of everyone's scores. We're still stuck on wave one here! Nobody seems to want to restock cause they're simply not selling. It's like I'm the only one buying em. :mad:

They've just started to appear in my area. So hopefully you'll see the new ones soon too. :)

FFN
23rd July 2009, 07:37 PM
Are we going to get that Rhino vehicle or whatever it's called? It's the redeco of the DTC line's APC/helicopter thing.

Lord_Zed
24th July 2009, 12:07 AM
The Reactive Impact Armour Scarlett is now my favourite Rise of Cobra figure. Not only does she look better than the girls from the earlier wave, her crossbow can be separated into two pieces for storage in her belt holster. Beautifully done. Trenchcoat Snake Eyes is very nice too. Extra points for including Timber instead of one of those ridiculous kiddie projectile weapons. I'm gonna swap some of his parts with the Wave 1 Snake Eyes figure.

I've seen a really cool custom using the Reactive Scarlet head to make original styled Cover Girl, typicaly none of these figures are unpacked and on sale at Target though. :(

The crossbow sounds cool, when they started doing the new style figures (25th and onwards) they really lifted the bar with accsesories with functioning holsters, removable clips etc etc. Sometimes they don't work because the parts are to loose, but when they do there awesome.

I bought my first Gi Joe Movie figure today. Ripcord in his fancy pants suit. I wanted a figure that was significantly different from the rest of my collection, and I just don't like the head sculpts on most of the first wave big names. Also the way he jumps around in the trailers I figured he's have decent articulation.:D

He's not a bad figure, he doesn't suffer from a bad sculpt (like some of the female figures), or badly painted eyes (like Destro and heavy Duty). he has standard articulation for the current figures. I wish he had the arm weapons the suits appear to have though, and a clear plastic visor would have been cool, but overall he is hard to fault.

Good as he is, without seeing the movie he's still a bit of a no one to me (he doesn't evoke the strong nostalgia of the 25th figures or some of marvel legends), after the movie I'll see what I think.

Are we going to get that Rhino vehicle or whatever it's called? It's the redeco of the DTC line's APC/helicopter thing.

I'm not sure, but isn't it an exclusive? If we do get it the price will probably be through the roof.

rateeg
24th July 2009, 01:32 AM

trust me it's gonna sell after the movie is shown throughout australia.
you might be wondering why no more joe figures on the shelves.

foor
24th July 2009, 03:29 AM
I hope so. If the movie does what it does and it starts selling, then we should see more newer waves on shelves here. Shame the movie airs after all the big toy sales, so the price for individual Joes will be back to $16-$18.

rateeg
24th July 2009, 04:05 AM
that's the good thing about it... we get to grab the figs before it's shown...
less competitions on toy hunting.

once it's shown, i guarantee you most kids and collectors will sought after these joes.
remember, these are beautifully sculpted figures, not like cheap looking 4 inch figs like the dc universe line.

grab all you can while it's on sale. that's what i'm doing now. lol :)

goodluck on the toy hunt! :)

d*r*j*
24th July 2009, 10:09 AM
...once it's shown, i guarantee you most kids and collectors will sought after these joes...

I think I disagree with this. Without a stong cartoon backing the G.I. Joe toys become just the next wave of movie toys, to be clearanced when the next big movie comes along.

Seriously... the prices are inflated and most parents would not want to get their kids a whole bunch of army/ ninja figures with such a dark theme. Back in the day G.I. Joe was just as comic based as anything else... the uniforms were bright and unique to each other. Even the cardbacks were more like a comic book cover vs. modern dark green and menacing image.

Look I have 2 versions of Snake Eyes and will look into getting both the exclusives... and that's it. Unless they clearance, that might stir an interest.

And I guess I'm as nostalgic for the 80's toylines as anyone with Thundercats, Centurions, MOTU, Transformers, TMNT all purchased as an adult collector.

Deceptic_Optic
24th July 2009, 10:44 AM
unfortunately there's just one of each kind, cause i think these figures are 1 per box... but not quite sure though but that's what the case assortments is.

sorry my friend, if ever i spot one, i'll buy it for you.

its all good dre, found one at my Uncle Petes Toys shop got snake eyes with timber and cobra commander! YAY!:eek::D

foor
24th July 2009, 01:35 PM
I think I disagree with this. Without a stong cartoon backing the G.I. Joe toys become just the next wave of movie toys, to be clearanced when the next big movie comes along.

Seriously... the prices are inflated and most parents would not want to get their kids a whole bunch of army/ ninja figures with such a dark theme. Back in the day G.I. Joe was just as comic based as anything else... the uniforms were bright and unique to each other. Even the cardbacks were more like a comic book cover vs. modern dark green and menacing image.

Look I have 2 versions of Snake Eyes and will look into getting both the exclusives... and that's it. Unless they clearance, that might stir an interest.

And I guess I'm as nostalgic for the 80's toylines as anyone with Thundercats, Centurions, MOTU, Transformers, TMNT all purchased as an adult collector.

This is the worst case scenario for me. That it'll go the way of Terminator, Star Trek and the Wolverine toys. They've been shelf warming for months after the movie has aired. However one could say that those movies aren't toy movies, and their goal were just big summer films. The GI Joe movie on the other hand, aside from being one of the last big summer flicks, is supposed to be a big AD for the toys, just like the TF2 movie.

If it does what it's set to do like the first TF film, it will sell to the nostalgia crowd and the new market for the kids. While Terminator and Star Trek never had a toyline following to begin with.

Anyway, hard to say until the movie hits in 2 weeks. But from test screenings, and positive reviews that the kids loved who attended loved it and wanted the toys, it seems it *might* work.

If the kids won't buy it, we have fans like me who will buy it for nostalgia sake, and the fact these are actually GOOD quality toys.

d*r*j*
24th July 2009, 03:46 PM
This is the worst case scenario for me. That it'll go the way of Terminator, Star Trek and the Wolverine toys...

I know what you are saying in terms of Terminator and Star Trek, and I agree.

But Wolverine is a different story, the toys were extremely cool especially with that great big plasic claw and the 3 3/4 figures were great and looked like good quality toys. It also did have a pretty good cartoon that was shown at 4:30pm on the ABC. Added to this, Wolverine is a clear superhero movie and superheroes do traditionally have toys.
My personal feelings are that the Wolverine toys are too small and don't appear to be good value.

If it does what it's set to do like the first TF film, it will sell to the nostalgia crowd and the new market for the kids.

I suppose that a lot of the nostalgia crowd will have an interest in these toys and the movie. It's probably a given now that the Transformers movie did what it did. But the nostalgia crowd also must have had an interest in TMNT, Hulk, Batman, Spiderman, Iron Man, Indiana Jones, Wolverine and all the other toylines that have come out recently... most of which where forgotten about quickly here today gone tomorrow.

I have no doubt that G.I. Joe will be popular initially... but with no real animation to sustain it and with a limited appeal (in terms of design and price) I just can't imagine it lasting long beyond the movie.
I guess that the release of the old cartoons on dvd there could be a revival of the old style and a surge in adult interest for the 25th line that pretty much passed Australia by... that's what I'm hoping for.

Lord_Zed
24th July 2009, 06:57 PM
Yes I to have doubts about GI Joes ability to sustain itself long term in Australia. I've seen some kids show interest but they are quite exspensive. Don't get me wrong here the new figures just like the Wolverine ones are far beyond the quality of previous similar sized figure ranges. I have old Valor vs Venom Joes and they are abysmal compared to the new figures. I think the vehicle prices are atrocious though.

I'm not sure about wether the figures being all dark and mean looking will be a positive or negative as I know of a few kids who shunned Transformers Animated toys in favour of the Movie line because it was to cartoony, so the serious look may well appeal more to the modern child. But I do feel they would do well with something else to push the brand.

On the other hand Star Wars and TMNT seem to linger in the stores forever so who knows. I would like it to do well to last long enough to see some classic styled figures (and Resolute) return to our shores so I can pick em up individulay. Mind you with current prices if I like a whole wave it's probably cheaper to buy from America.

Kyle
24th July 2009, 11:10 PM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/Kyle_Chow/DSC00284-1.jpg

Heavy Duty is really over-compensating...

Deceptic_Optic
24th July 2009, 11:20 PM
nice pic there kyle, cant open my toys yet i havent got a shelves for my joes yet hmmm.

Lord_Zed
24th July 2009, 11:37 PM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/Kyle_Chow/DSC00284-1.jpg

Heavy Duty is really over-compensating...

He must be jealous of Roadblock

To much flash in Scarlets face, but Snake Eyes definately looks good.

The less said about Cover Girl the better though.

Kyle
26th July 2009, 11:16 AM
I'm going to LOVE this new movie...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BncO-JoZNnM

foor
26th July 2009, 07:58 PM
I honestly can't wait! Gonna be good...

rateeg
27th July 2009, 02:05 PM
seems like there's no new restocks everywhere.... hmm...

d*r*j*
28th July 2009, 08:35 AM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/RockNRoll138/snakke-1.jpg

With 3 already... and at least 3 more in the pipeline (Walmart 2 pack/ Target 4 pack/ Resolute) And that's just for one character.

rateeg
28th July 2009, 11:23 AM
does the SE with cycle have the same head with SE with the common black suit?

d*r*j*
28th July 2009, 12:42 PM
does the SE with cycle have the same head with SE with the common black suit?

No. The one w/ bike and blue cargo pants probably has the best moulded head. It doesn't have a mouth which a lot of people seem concerned about... I'm not one of them, the mouth on Ninja Commando is alright by me. Pretty sure the visor doesn't go up... but it took me a while to get the NC one up... it was glued down and I had to do quite a bit of knife/ paint work. This one probably looks the best but is the least functional. Visor looks better than the PPSE in my opinion.
Still not worth the $30 I paid... but what can you do?

Lord_Zed
28th July 2009, 07:50 PM
I'm not a fan of the moulded mouth Snake Eyes at the moment simply because the other one looks more classic, I might change my mind when I see the movie though.

I do like Bike Snake Eyes, but I've decided he's just to exspensive. I see that Kmart have some sales on Joes starting soon to. Hopefully I can find some later wave figures.

BTW does anyone have the big Cobra 4WD yet? any feedback on it?

d*r*j*
28th July 2009, 08:43 PM
I had a closer look at the Snake Eyes w/ blue cargo pants and it appears that his head is a repaint of the Version 40/ hall or heroes Snake Eyes... Which is pretty good, that toy has a pretty good head... It's probably the best snake eyes from the 25th line.

foor
28th July 2009, 10:11 PM
No kidding. $30 for Snake-Eyes on bike is just highway robbery. $40 after discount, forget about it. I'm hoping getting them from Ebay would be cheaper. They're only supposed to be $9 US each. And last I checked, our dollar ain't doing too bad!

Lord_Zed
28th July 2009, 11:47 PM
I had a closer look at the Snake Eyes w/ blue cargo pants and it appears that his head is a repaint of the Version 40/ hall or heroes Snake Eyes... Which is pretty good, that toy has a pretty good head... It's probably the best snake eyes from the 25th line.

It was the most Dic cartoon accurate Snake Eyes, best is a matter of opinion everyones got their own favourte SE. But yes a lot of the extra characters use parts from the 25th line, or even straight repaints. Of the Target Exclusives my favourte is the Eel repaint with the sea sled.

But what I really want to know is will anyone get the Wall Mart exclusive 2packs, cause I wanna get Tunnel Rat vs Monkey Wrench!

rateeg
29th July 2009, 01:21 AM
that paris pursuit SE has a good head.
ill try to swap it with the SE common black version. let's see how it looks.

by the way, i saw a black suit duke and cobra commander at kmart brimbank.
i do not know if they are hard to find figures.

Kyle
29th July 2009, 10:34 AM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/RockNRoll138/snakke-1.jpg

I'm tempted by Snake Eyes with bike. The upper body looks great but I hate the pants. :p

Deceptic_Optic
29th July 2009, 10:35 AM
that paris pursuit SE has a good head.
ill try to swap it with the SE common black version. let's see how it looks.

by the way, i saw a black suit duke and cobra commander at kmart brimbank.
i do not know if they are hard to find figures.

YES THEY ARE DUKE WITH BLACK SUIT IS! :eek:

I'm tempted by Snake Eyes with bike. The upper body looks great but I hate the pants. :p

cUSTOMIZE! cUSTOMIZE!

rateeg
29th July 2009, 12:33 PM
is black suit duke a hard to find figure?

Deceptic_Optic
29th July 2009, 12:35 PM
is black suit duke a hard to find figure?

it seems like it, cos they seem to just release 1 figure with all the store here in sydney, un less they are pre release?

rateeg
29th July 2009, 12:38 PM
hmm... that seems interesting.
i don't wanna buy it from kmart coz it's tagged at $18.

Deceptic_Optic
29th July 2009, 01:12 PM

price match it dre at target? been looking for him cant seem to find one.

STL
29th July 2009, 01:52 PM

+1 on the bike!

d*r*j*
29th July 2009, 02:04 PM

The blue cargo pants were the main selling point for me... I used to have a pair and I wore them till they fell apart!!! hahaha... I also had an orange camo pair, might have to customise that one... but with all the repaints who knows???

d*r*j*
29th July 2009, 02:15 PM

The sale next week has them for $16 if you can't be bothered with the price matching rubbish. You could probably just import it for less than sales price...

FFN
29th July 2009, 06:50 PM
I'm not sure, but isn't it an exclusive? If we do get it the price will probably be through the roof. I have no idea. I saw small joes carrying it, and I don't recall them saying it was an exclusive, though the price suggested it probably was ($80USD *gasp*)

Lord_Zed
29th July 2009, 08:19 PM
Bugger! I could get an army of Dreadnoks at that price.

Still haven't seen any later wave Joes localy either. :(

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2009, 11:09 AM
I'm wondering which G.I. Joe figures (Rise of Cobra or otherwise) currently out now would be best suited for "reimagining" as characters from the Transformers movies? e.g. Lennox, Epps etc.

Lord_Zed
31st July 2009, 01:19 PM
The current "Desert something" Duke looks pretty much just like an ordinary American solider in desert gear.

Some of the others have generic blue grey urban camo outfits. Zartan for example though he would need a head swap.

rateeg
1st August 2009, 03:14 AM
off topic:

saw 2 ROC covergirls at target highpoint.
one of 'em being held by an old man which i think is a collector. i don't know if he went to the cashier to purchase it. :)

Deceptic_Optic
1st August 2009, 05:56 AM
bought duke in the black exo-suits, and snake eyes with the bike. swap heads with the the snake eyes with timber then swap that head with snake eyes all black. Since i didnt like the camo pants and the head where you can see the mout he can just hide in the hummer..lol will post pictures later

Lord_Zed
1st August 2009, 09:55 PM
I saw the Ice Sabre at big W today, it was the only new Joe stock i saw all day. it was so new Big W hadn't entered it inter their system. So I got it at Alpha price.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/zedkaiser/Minatures%20and%20toys/P1010114.jpg

Admitedly I only went for it because I thought I could get it cheap and wanted to examine a movie vehicle.

I'm still making up my mind on it, it's solidly made much like the Valor vs Venom vehicles. Although it has a bit in common with the orginal Joe vehicles and 25th Anniversary style it still seems more like a Valor vs Venom toy. I can't help but think it looks more like a Cobra vehicle than a Joe one, it shares a lot with the Hiss and Asp, and wasn't the old Ice Sabre a Cobra vehicle? Fortunately stickers some unapplied so perhaps my Cobra's will comandeer it.

It has a number of unexplained hatches and a space where a battery pack could be inserted, so clearly Hasbro are going to mod an repaint the hell outta this vehicle.

Rather annoyingly arctic outfited figures have a hard time fitting in the cockpit, There is also a hatch at the back where one figure can be stowed. So long as they can bend their legs 90 degrees though. So no Arctitc Joe will fit, but its perfect for a drunken Shipwreck.

As for Frostbite he is ok, if rather dull. I wish they had moulded a new head for him. I was hoping to do a headswap and make arctic ARAH Duke, but his head sat to high so it didn't work. :(.

Ironicly Frostbite fits in to the Snowcat easier than the Ice Sabre.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/zedkaiser/Minatures%20and%20toys/P1010117.jpg

Overall it's an ok vehicle but I couldn't recommend it at full price. I still prefer the Cat!
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/zedkaiser/Minatures%20and%20toys/P1010118.jpg

rateeg
2nd August 2009, 12:51 PM
cool.
how much is that?

foor
2nd August 2009, 01:04 PM
cool.
how much is that?

It'll probably go for $60 retail. I'm just hoping K-Mart gets it in, cause right now the bravo size is $50.

rateeg
2nd August 2009, 06:35 PM
i cant believe i've seen a k-mart having too much unmasked storm shadow, paris pursuit snake eyes, ice vipers, scarlett reactive suit, duke reactive suit, and cobra commander.
but no covergirl though...

it's like 5 figures each.
amazing!

Kyle
2nd August 2009, 06:48 PM
i cant believe i've seen a k-mart having too much unmasked storm shadow, paris pursuit snake eyes, ice vipers, scarlett reactive suit, duke reactive suit, and cobra commander.
but no covergirl though...

it's like 5 figures each.
amazing!

I think I've only seen Covergirl at Targets so far.

foor
2nd August 2009, 06:49 PM
Lucky you Rateeg, my K-Mart still has w1 Baroness, Destro, Breaker, Heavy Duty warming the pegs. AGH, drives me crazy.

Lord_Zed
2nd August 2009, 07:56 PM
Lucky you Rateeg, my K-Mart still has w1 Baroness, Destro, Breaker, Heavy Duty warming the pegs. AGH, drives me crazy.

Same, and none of those figures are on my current aquire list. Feels like rateeg is teasing us. :rolleyes:

cool.
how much is that?

Big W Alpha price is about $37, but I assume the real price would be about $58ish?

rateeg
2nd August 2009, 08:33 PM
no kidding man.
i should have taken pics.
it's in k-mart keilor if you guys wanna check it out. :)

cygnus
4th August 2009, 11:00 AM
saw deep six in city's target yesterday.

Lord_Zed
4th August 2009, 01:16 PM
I've seen Deep Six and Lt Stone around, but none of the later wave figures that interest me.

I went to Kmart this morning and they still had the exact same stock, its as if it hasn't moved at all. Maybe it's all to well hidden in the toy aisle as only Target stores seems to show much changing stock around here.

Deceptic_Optic
4th August 2009, 01:23 PM
I've seen Deep Six and Lt Stone around, but none of the later wave figures that interest me.

I went to Kmart this morning and they still had the exact same stock, its as if it hasn't moved at all. Maybe it's all to well hidden in the toy aisle as only Target stores seems to show much changing stock around here.

what are you looking for lord_zed, i saw some at kmart eastgardens. new ones i saw was cobra commander, snakeeyes with timber, storm shadow without mask, arctic viper, duke with the exo suit, scarlett with the exo suit?

rateeg
4th August 2009, 02:07 PM
how come kmart are the only ones having the rare ones?

Deceptic_Optic
4th August 2009, 02:37 PM
how come kmart are the only ones having the rare ones?

i dunno dre, maybe after the movie it will all come out. got myself all of the ones ive posted befor your post except the arctic viper. i want to get the ice dagger cant find him anywhere. and cant wait for the pit

skywarp00
4th August 2009, 05:51 PM
yer well i couldnt find the ones i wanted at any store i called here in brissy north. so i nabed up firefly and snakeeyes(paris pursuit) through ebayamerica. cost me nearly 45buks aus :(

cygnus
4th August 2009, 08:21 PM
yer well i couldnt find the ones i wanted at any store i called here in brissy north. so i nabed up firefly and snakeeyes(paris pursuit) through ebayamerica. cost me nearly 45buks aus :(

i dont think i ve seen any firefly yet, but last week indroo's kmart have 2 paris snakes

Lord_Zed
4th August 2009, 08:46 PM
what are you looking for lord_zed, i saw some at kmart eastgardens. new ones i saw was cobra commander, snakeeyes with timber, storm shadow without mask, arctic viper, duke with the exo suit, scarlett with the exo suit?

Potentialy I'm after all those figures, but I want to have a look at them before I commit. While the local Kmart's lack of variety is frustrating, I'm not to concerned just yet. I think once the movie gets going they will restock with the new figures, also my wallet needs a break. Thanks anyway but for now I'm willing to wait and see.

hound
7th August 2009, 01:06 AM
Is the Pit Commando out yet? This one is worth getting

Kyle
7th August 2009, 06:35 AM
Have to find myself another Reactive Impact Armour Duke now... just realised the one I got earlier came with 2 right forearms. :eek::( Will be tough since the movie is now out. :o

Deceptic_Optic
7th August 2009, 07:09 AM
Have to find myself another Reactive Impact Armour Duke now... just realised the one I got earlier came with 2 right forearms. :eek::( Will be tough since the movie is now out. :o

it wouldnt be as hard kyle, they just did a mass release at my kmart. i saw at least 4 to 5 reactive impact armor duke.

Lord_Zed
7th August 2009, 01:30 PM
I finaly spoted reactive armour Duke, Paris Snake Eyes and Stormshadow as well as Ice Viper, but the high prices and lack of sale meant I only bought SE.

Deceptic_Optic
7th August 2009, 01:46 PM
I finaly spoted reactive armour Duke, Paris Snake Eyes and Stormshadow as well as Ice Viper, but the high prices and lack of sale meant I only bought SE.

duke looks nice you should have got him as well. im still looking for a ice dagger. damn its so hard to find and miranda is really way out of my way.

Lord_Zed
7th August 2009, 07:14 PM
duke looks nice you should have got him as well. im still looking for a ice dagger. damn its so hard to find and miranda is really way out of my way.

I've seen the movie, and I enjoyed it enough, but I'm uncertain as to wether I will collect the movie line, And if I do I will try and stick to one of each. Duke i'd kinda like in his fancy suit, or else a generic looking military one. I'm not quite sure about the desert on, his vest makes hime look a bit bulky to me.

I am considering getting CC and Breaker though where before I wasn't.

rateeg
16th August 2009, 03:46 AM
for my observation... collectors and kids love the toyline.
im seeing clearance of the shelves in my area for characters in reactive armors scarlett, duke, heavy duty, even the camo breaker and accelerator suit ripcord.
cobra commander and covergirl are nowhere to be found, also PP snake ayes and PP storm shadow.
the characters not in the movie are gone also like shipwreck and deep six.

this is what i predicted before, once the movie is shown, people will start buying.
though there are still characters on the pegs like baroness, regular snake and storm, vipers, destro.

now, im just waiting for some new waves to come...
and i've been looking for a general hawk for a month now.... please help me!!! :)

this is what's happening in my area...
how 'bout you guys?

Kyle
16th August 2009, 09:39 AM
Any idea if they'll release a reactive impact armour Breaker? Have not seen any pic or proto yet. Don't want to just put Breaker's head onto say a Duke body, as he has an extra metal tech vest in the movie. :/

Fungal Infection
16th August 2009, 02:02 PM
Breaker is the only major movie appearance Joe character I have yet to buy as I'm hanging out for a reactive armour version. The rest of my team are all in black outfits and his urban camo pants would stick out like a sore thumb. Add to the fact that the figures are $18 most places (Big W has them for under $16 but don't have any of the newer waves) so that means I'm only collecting one of each character.

Deceptic_Optic
16th August 2009, 03:27 PM
i dont think there is a reactor armour coming out for breaker

Lord_Zed
16th August 2009, 07:08 PM
I still only have 3 movie Joes, I still haven't decided wether i want one of each of the crew or not yet.

I will go check out my local Kmart this week and see if they have actualy moved any toys, localy they've been shelfwarming so much they haven't had space to put the next wave on.

Kyle
16th August 2009, 07:13 PM
Breaker is the only major movie appearance Joe character I have yet to buy as I'm hanging out for a reactive armour version. The rest of my team are all in black outfits and his urban camo pants would stick out like a sore thumb.

Exactly the same reason why I haven't bought Breaker yet.

i dont think there is a reactor armour coming out for breaker

I also don't think they'll be releasing one. Guess I'll just have to settle for the camo pants one for now. :(

Deceptic_Optic
16th August 2009, 08:59 PM
I also don't think they'll be releasing one. Guess I'll just have to settle for the camo pants one for now. :(

yeah i now but have you seen what i did with my breaker check the GI JOE acquisitions and look at my breaker i used shipwrecks body its the most proportion to breakers, but if your concern is the camo pants then repaint would be an alternative

Fungal Infection
17th August 2009, 11:26 AM
I think an Reactive armour Breaker will be released. Considering Duke is getting a city strike camo-pants release down the line, it would be easy for them to do a RA Breaker using parts from other figures already released.

Deceptic_Optic
17th August 2009, 11:32 AM
I think an Reactive armour Breaker will be released. Considering Duke is getting a city strike camo-pants release down the line, it would be easy for them to do a RA Breaker using parts from other figures already released.

wanna bet on that? lol i dunno checked everywhere cant seem to find any prototypes unless you know something that i dont?

Fungal Infection
17th August 2009, 11:48 AM
No info yet but there's a big demand for him in that armour. Patience is a virtue.

Deceptic_Optic
17th August 2009, 11:50 AM
No info yet but there's a big demand for him in that armour. Patience is a virtue.

will soon find out! :p

rateeg
17th August 2009, 12:04 PM
im waiting for the arctic snake eyes and battle damaged storm shadow.
also the doctor and reactive armor ripcord.
any info when are they coming here?

Lord_Zed
17th August 2009, 01:27 PM
You'd be the first to know Rateeg, my local Kmart has still yet to get the wave with Paris Chase Snake Eyes and co. :(

Although they have added some new stock, but overll there's not much movement there.

Deceptic_Optic
17th August 2009, 01:32 PM
You'd be the first to know Rateeg, my local Kmart has still yet to get the wave with Paris Chase Snake Eyes and co. :(

Although they have added some new stock, but overll there's not much movement there.

anymore ice dagger cant seem to find any on my local shops

cygnus
17th August 2009, 09:56 PM
still nothing new :(...

btw...anyone wants a $13 pp snake eyes? i got one for grab.

autobreadticon
18th August 2009, 11:40 PM
hay is it just me or has all the wave 1 & 2 combat heroes disappeared from the shelves, i really wanted snake eyes and storm shadow :(

Now just the new movie CH are on displays.... i did get the Duke and Baroness to display with my henkeis

Baroness with henkei Ravage :)

rateeg
19th August 2009, 01:24 PM
some common characters like breaker, ripcord in D-6 acc suit and heavy duty in reactive impact armor starts disappearing in my area.
more people who watch the movie, the more people will be interested with the figures.

but damn, i need a general hawk.
anyone seen him lately?

Deceptic_Optic
19th August 2009, 01:44 PM
some common characters like breaker, ripcord in D-6 acc suit and heavy duty in reactive impact armor starts disappearing in my area.
more people who watch the movie, the more people will be interested with the figures.

but damn, i need a general hawk.
anyone seen him lately?

are you getting the pit he comes with it

rateeg
19th August 2009, 11:06 PM
yup, im also waiting for that.

Lord_Zed
20th August 2009, 10:20 PM
I bought my first ROC Cobra's today, Cobra Commander and Neo Viper. Neo Viper has been growing on me ever since I saw the movie (having Viper in his name helps :)), and CC, well I just like collecting CC's.

I couldn't However decide which Storm Shadow or Scarlet version I want, I think both options have their pros and cons, and it bugs me badly that PP Storm Shadow doesn't have the Nanomite launcher.

I must admit the Movie toys mostly in black and grey make an interesting contrast to the classic figures.

Although I'm still undecided even about geting one version of the whole crew.

Lord_Zed
23rd August 2009, 12:28 AM
I spotted the Pitt mobile base today at Toys r Us, that's one big box!!!
Sadly it's a bit to pricey for me though at $249.

One thing though, I really like how the picture on the back shows all the figures from the first couple of waves fighting over the Pitt rather than just a plain pic of the toy, I found it really oldschool and nostalgic.:)

Kyle
23rd August 2009, 10:36 AM
I bought my first ROC Cobra's today, Cobra Commander and Neo Viper. Neo Viper has been growing on me ever since I saw the movie (having Viper in his name helps :)), and CC, well I just like collecting CC's.

I couldn't However decide which Storm Shadow or Scarlet version I want, I think both options have their pros and cons, and it bugs me badly that PP Storm Shadow doesn't have the Nanomite launcher.

I must admit the Movie toys mostly in black and grey make an interesting contrast to the classic figures.

Although I'm still undecided even about geting one version of the whole crew.

Storm Shadow I would buy the maskless one and the final battle one so I'd have different mix and match options. Scarlett I would definitely choose the Reactive Impact Armour one over the Camo one.

rateeg
23rd August 2009, 11:40 AM
do you see a reactive impact scarlett anywhere?

Kyle
23rd August 2009, 06:33 PM
I've only seen her twice, in different Kmarts a couple of weeks ago.

Lord_Zed
23rd August 2009, 11:49 PM
There are some Reactive Scarlets at Hurstville, I may go and pick her and Stormshadow up this week.

I bought Elite Viper and (regular) Heavy Duty today, and I opened Cobra Commander. I must say he rather Impressed me, the helmet may not be classic CC but its really well excecuted toywise. And his cape and level of detail on the sculpt are really nice to.

After browsing pics on TNI from Joecon, I'm actualy starting to get a little excited about the future of the movie line. The expanded movie universe toys seem to be comming up with some concepts that are unique but still grounded in the joe movie universe. If the figures are as good as some of that artwork they could be great.

The Jungle Viper (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2009_GIJoe_Con%2FHasbro_Panel_2%2F&pic=DSC_0066.jpg&dispsize=800&start=20) Looks like it may be pure win! At least for me.

rateeg
24th August 2009, 12:01 AM
nice. :)

by the way, i saw 1 ice viper in kmart.
how rare is he?

Lord_Zed
24th August 2009, 01:02 PM
Ice Viper is seen wherever the rest of his wave is seen. The wave is still fairly rare, but I don't think any of the individual figures in it are.

Fungal Infection
24th August 2009, 04:15 PM
Ice Viper is seen wherever the rest of his wave is seen. The wave is still fairly rare, but I don't think any of the individual figures in it are.

I've only seen this wave in Kmarts so far. I'm still trying to find Covergirl and Sgt Stone which seems to be non-existent at the moment in my area. I have to admit, the new movie has resparked my liking for collecting joe figures. But they need to do a decent Destro figure for the ROC line. The regular version just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. The upcoming repainted version looks slightly better but I'm not going buy a multipack just for one figure. I'm also still deciding on whether I want to buy the Steel Crusher APV whilst Kmart's got their sale on. But vehicles take up too much space for displaying so maybe the decision has already been made. :p

Lord_Zed
24th August 2009, 07:18 PM
I've seen Sgt Stone and Covergirl at Target from time to time, not a big fan of Cover A Girl though, she makes all the other female figures in the line look pretty.

Pretty much with you on the vehicles, though I wouldn't mind making space for one or two if they were more like the originals and less gimmicky. I want a Cobra 4wd with front and back seating.

I to find Destro lacklustre, I'd happily get the 3 pack reapint as I'm also a fan of Cobra henchmen, however I have some doubt over whether we will see it in stores for a decent price.

Unregistered
26th August 2009, 07:09 PM
has the wave for paris pursuit snake eyes been released yet? i really want him!!! Best looking figure OUT!!!

rateeg
26th August 2009, 11:34 PM
a month ago, man.

Lord_Zed
27th August 2009, 12:10 AM
Selected Kmarts and Uncle Petes toys have that wave.

I bought a few figures from that wave today in fact.

rateeg
27th August 2009, 12:53 AM
that ice viper rocks from that wave!!!

Lord_Zed
27th August 2009, 01:40 PM
Oddly enough that's the only one I don't have, he is interesting looking though.

So far CC us my favourte from that wave.

d*r*j*
28th August 2009, 02:50 PM
Saw some Joes in Coles today buying some groceries!!!

They had two of those hanger things full... even had Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes. Had to pass for $19 each, but I was smiling to myself as I kept walking.

rateeg
28th August 2009, 11:16 PM
Oh my god, we are so delayed... as in DELAYED.
Most countries now have their new waves on the shelves...

What is happening to the action figure market in AU?
Target should like have it to cause i think they're linked to Target U.S.A...

We are so so behind. ;(

Fungal Infection
29th August 2009, 12:03 AM
I'm only really after Delta suit Duke and Hawk to complete my core cast of movie figures. The only others which I have an interest in are City Strike Snake Eyes, Arctic Attack Storm Shadow and maybe Red Fang Ninja but I'm worried none of these will come out here since the Joe line has been selling rather slowly round my area. :(

Lord_Zed
29th August 2009, 02:25 AM
I'm actualy more interested in some of the new made up figures than the core movie cast, It's nice to see some new original GI Joe figures that don't suck (unlike those old Valour vs Venom and Sigma Six figures). Plus the plethora of accesories they come with remind me of the good old days.

That said I thought we were only a wave or 2 out from the US, so I'm not to worried............ yet.

Though I do wish Griffins Hasbro contacts could reveal the future GI joe release schedule as well as the TF's one.

Deceptic_Optic
18th September 2009, 09:22 PM
Oh my god, we are so delayed... as in DELAYED.
Most countries now have their new waves on the shelves...

What is happening to the action figure market in AU?
Target should like have it to cause i think they're linked to Target U.S.A...

We are so so behind. ;(

ebay is the way to go my friend, ive never been dissapointed so far

Defcon
29th September 2009, 10:01 PM
At a Target store today. Cobra Eel with Wave Crusher, and, Snake Eyes with Arashikage motorcycle.

liegeprime
30th September 2009, 12:10 AM
Movie Cobra commander at Kmart Blacktown - thought there was only 1 but had a better look , just tonight before going home , they have 3.

rateeg
30th September 2009, 12:35 AM
aren't those old stocks?

Defcon
30th September 2009, 11:07 AM
At a Target store today. Cobra Eel with Wave Crusher, and, Snake Eyes with Arashikage motorcycle.

Yeah I guess these could be classified as old stock, just haven't seen these before as Targets are not Local for me so I rarely visit., and also the fact that these are exclusives may also have something to do with it!