PDA

View Full Version : NEW Unauthorised Fan-made add-on for ROTF prime.

orionpax1
27th June 2009, 11:51 AM
This looks pretty cool.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/new-tfc-005-gears-of-war-2-image-168016/

Ironhide63
27th June 2009, 12:03 PM
damn thats pretty cool. I would get them but erm...1 cant find a link to buy it. 2 am saving for more glorious figures.

Zippo
27th June 2009, 03:38 PM
Nice, depending on the cost. These fan made things seem to be getting more and more expensive.

G1Optimal
27th June 2009, 04:47 PM
:eek:
Awesome :):cool:

Nice, depending on the cost. These fan made things seem to be getting more and more expensive.

I have a feeling, they may cost more to due the potential demand....

Unless, they have foreseen the potential demand due to Hasbro/Takara not including The two guns with the ROTF Leader Class Prime???:confused:

griffin
27th June 2009, 07:05 PM
Editted title to make sure people don't think this is a legit Hasbro product.

reillyd
27th June 2009, 07:12 PM

Yeah I don't know how I feel about these "upgrades" and "add ons".

They're great, spectacular design in some cases. I've seen some of the upgrade kits in the flesh, and they look great. But they aren't licensed either. If it were sold as a generic "Giant robot rifle gun", that's one thing. I know though that people in the past have licensed from Takara special limited runs of things though, so its not like its impossible to do. I'd much rather buy a fully licensed piece, and have my conscience clean though. Maybe less of an issue with a one off gun, but big money making pieces like the Teletran 1 Ark interior..... hmm....

G1Optimal
27th June 2009, 09:06 PM

I have a feeling alot of people already know this...
After all this is "HASBRO" we are talking about here.:D:p;)

griffin
27th June 2009, 09:21 PM
The title made me think it was something Hasbro or TakaraTomy were doing, but only when I clicked on the link did I recognise it as something fan-made. The title alone can be misleading.

G1Optimal
27th June 2009, 09:28 PM
The title made me think it was something Hasbro or TakaraTomy were doing, but only when I clicked on the link did I recognise it as something fan-made. The title alone can be misleading.

For reasons stated before..
I immediately thought the opposite when i heard about and saw it...:D:p;)

Yeah I don't know how I feel about these "upgrades" and "add ons".

They're great, spectacular design in some cases. I've seen some of the upgrade kits in the flesh, and they look great. But they aren't licensed either. If it were sold as a generic "Giant robot rifle gun", that's one thing. I know though that people in the past have licensed from Takara special limited runs of things though, so its not like its impossible to do. I'd much rather buy a fully licensed piece, and have my conscience clean though. Maybe less of an issue with a one off gun, but big money making pieces like the Teletran 1 Ark interior..... hmm....

Sure I understand that Hasbro are unable to do this due to prices etc...:o:o

But, I don't think there would have been a problem "if" Hasbro made what was being "shell i call it" Fanufactured in the first place as it shows there is a demand for these Items that they Neglected to add/make.
+ the prices they are charging for these probably says how much some Fans are willing to pay for them if they are designed/Made like the Fanufactures are designing/making them.:(
"At this rate, i don't think it will surprise me much "if" someone announces they are making a Shuttle Gun for Stratosphere":rolleyes:

So IMO in a Way Hasbro probably have ripped them selves off as well, as Possibly selling some Products... like the Universe 2.0/TF:ROTF Superion's Due to the Fansproject Add-ons.:(

GoktimusPrime
28th June 2009, 08:48 AM
I also thought that this was an official product and got all excited until I opened the thread. My mighty heart has broken... I'll be in the Hum-Vee. (T_T)

SentinelPrime
28th June 2009, 01:52 PM
official or not, its awesome!

Gutsman Heavy
28th June 2009, 03:23 PM
it isn't a Fans Project product

Lord_Zed
28th June 2009, 06:14 PM
Nice add on there, don't usualy go for extra guns, but Leader Prime is large and cool enough that it is tempting this time.

enforcer888
30th June 2009, 05:40 PM
I want it for my Henkei Prime, looks pretty ace.