PDA

View Full Version : ROTF 3rd FemBot Named?

Ironhide63
28th June 2009, 02:30 PM
Ok...so yea, it IS wikipedia...and anyone can edit it...but i just thought Id post it anyway...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcee
if you scroll down to the...Movie Plot section...it states the following.
'Arcee and her sister units, Chromia and Moonracer, chase the Decepticon Sideways in a alley in Shanghai.'
I guess we all expected Elita-1 to be the named...but once more...this is wikipedia...so its likely to be false.

Norcinu
29th June 2009, 06:01 AM
Ohh Moonracer, I forgot about her... possibly.

Deceptic_Optic
29th June 2009, 06:45 AM
moonracer do u think she will be in the toy line

Ironhide63
29th June 2009, 09:57 AM
well...we know theres a third bike/fembot toy...we just dont know its name...untill we see packaging, i would think we wont know her name...but if this is anything to go by...

griffin
29th June 2009, 12:11 PM
Hasbro at BotCon said that the only plans they had so far for a third bike, was a recolour of the Arcee toy. Sounds a bit lazy, but I guess the individual bikes weren't on screen much in robot mode, and didn't sit still long enough to get a good look at the robot modes, to see how differently the three look to each other.
If the movie refers to all three as being Arcee (because it was originally meant to be a 3-part combiner, like the twins combining to be an icecream truck), there may not be any official naming of the other two in the movie universe, and could just be Hasbro naming toy products, reguardless of what the movie writers may or may not have called them.
For those who have read the book adaptation of the movie - did the individual cycle-bots get named, especially when one was shot towards the end?
If the movie writers gave each a different name, it is possible they gave each a Gen-1 name.

FFN
30th June 2009, 08:43 PM
Until we see Hasbro packaging with "Moonracer" or some sort of official store listing, treat Moonracer as being made up. On the tfwiki, we've had to keep reverting edits from people who wander in and put that Moonracer name onto various articles. Bloody Wikipedia.

Also, consider this - back in 2005 the BotCon people had to name their Moonracer figure "Chromia" because Hasbro was unable to trademark Moonracer. Somebody else had already trademarked that name.

Bartrim
1st July 2009, 08:22 AM
For those who have read the book adaptation of the movie - did the individual cycle-bots get named, especially when one was shot towards the end?
If the movie writers gave each a different name, it is possible they gave each a Gen-1 name.

No... I don't think I read the book about 3 weeks ago. I believe it just mentioned Arcee and 3 spoke at once.

shokwave2
1st July 2009, 02:49 PM
If they wirters just kept one bike in the movie and named it Arcee, it would make everything easy. I just don't understatnd why they called the group of the bikes Arcee?

Ironhide63
1st July 2009, 02:50 PM
cause they share the same mind but aren't the same bots...i still think they'll go with moonracer.

griffin
2nd July 2009, 12:28 AM
If they wirters just kept one bike in the movie and named it Arcee, it would make everything easy. I just don't understatnd why they called the group of the bikes Arcee?

Because they were originally meant to combine as a 3-in-1 combiner, but was later dropped as the script evolved. The toys apparently have some sort of combination ability, because they started the toy designs way back before the script was changed to not have them combine.
At least that was what the Hasbro people were trying to say at BotCon about it, without spoiling too much of the movie.

Paulbot
2nd July 2009, 11:10 AM
Because they were originally meant to combine as a 3-in-1 combiner, but was later dropped as the script evolved. The toys apparently have some sort of combination ability, because they started the toy designs way back before the script was changed to not have them combine.
At least that was what the Hasbro people were trying to say at BotCon about it, without spoiling too much of the movie.

Chromia has a large peg on her back that swings out on a hinge and has no use whatsoever in her robot or vehicle mode. Hopefully when Arcee comes out people will work out what that's for.

shokwave2
2nd July 2009, 11:17 AM
So do you think the 3 bikes will combine if they all get released, or was the concept dropped once they found out what Bay was doing in the movie?

Paulbot
2nd July 2009, 11:37 AM
It may be a undocumented feature.

Sleeve
2nd July 2009, 01:15 PM
I recall they said at Botcon the combining feature was dropped from the movie, however the toys were designed from initial concepts so they still should combine. This is also why Knockout's bio mentions his hopes of attaining the 'combination retrofit'.

As to whether the final female bike will include instructions for the combination is still unclear.