PDA

View Full Version : Reprint of Unnofficial Cybertronian Guide coming.

griffin
30th June 2009, 12:53 PM
For those who were around about 10 years ago when well known American fan Doug Dlin started producing his Cybertronian Guides, it seems that they are seeing a reprint soon, for all those who are new since then, or just can't find them anymore.

These guide books show each Transformers toy in each mode, all their accessories, and some details on each IN ENGLISH. It is probably the most comprehensive toy guide book for the western market, rivalling the Japanese Generations book.

This reprint appears to be the Field Guide though, which doesn't have their Techspec/Bios, and is a little smaller at Manga Size. It does sound like there is potential for a 2nd volume this time to end up covering everything in Gen1 and Gen2 (previously, only one Field Guide was printed, covering the first 4 years).

THe first volume is expected to be released in July for US$15, and comes with a new cover. It can be pre-ordered on Amazon, but should be released through Diamond/Previews to comic stores (but check with your comic store though).

Image of new cover can be seen here (ignore the sample interior photo, as that is a photo of the full-size Guidebook, not the Manga-sized Fieldguide)
http://boltax.blogspot.com/2009/06/excellent-transformers-toy-resource.html

Saintly
30th June 2009, 01:18 PM
Count me 1 copy if there's a group order! :)

Krayt
30th June 2009, 04:17 PM
I love these books.... was so sad when they stopped after the first BW volume :-(

Oh, and when the size changed around issue 4 or 5.... i hate series of books of differing sizes!!!!

liegeprime
30th June 2009, 04:59 PM
NIce I only have the G2 and Beast Wars release, missed on the G1 one.:D

Wheel-J
1st July 2009, 12:45 AM
Count me 1 copy if there's a group order! :)

I'm up for one for a group order as well! :D

SentinelPrime
1st July 2009, 08:41 AM
lets get this party started!

Saintly
Wheel-J
SentinelPrime

GoktimusPrime
1st July 2009, 09:17 AM
I don't think the photography in those books are as nice as those in Transformers Generations. The language difference makes no difference to me (:p), but I will say that one cool thing they had over Generations was close up pics of weapons and accessories. :) Undecided atm if I'll grab the reprints as I'm pretty satisfied with Generations.

Kyle
1st July 2009, 09:33 AM
I love these books.... was so sad when they stopped after the first BW volume :-(

Oh, and when the size changed around issue 4 or 5.... i hate series of books of differing sizes!!!!

+ 1.

I used to subscribe to it from my comic shop. Was very upset they didn't continue. Personally I didn't care much for the Unicron Trilogy and would have been happy if they finished BW (and maybe BM and CR/RiD as well). Would have been nice if they made a volume just on Japanese exclusives... :p

griffin
1st July 2009, 12:18 PM
The Japanese series was next on their schedule after BW, but the person with all the toys and taking all the photos had a change of circumstances, and the whole project came to a crashing halt. I was upset as well.

Vector Sigma 13
1st July 2009, 08:05 PM
Is this similar to the collectors guide produced by Mark Bellomo (Think thats his name anyway) with the optimus prime hologram on the front? Seems to look the same from the images.

Robzy
1st July 2009, 08:10 PM
Looks pretty good!

Sky Shadow
2nd July 2009, 09:54 AM
Is this similar to the collectors guide produced by Mark Bellomo (Think thats his name anyway) with the optimus prime hologram on the front? Seems to look the same from the images.

The difference is that Cybertronian came first and was written by people who know more about Transformers (Doug Dlin in particular) and doesn't have Bellomo's daft editorialising text, like "his glowing ears and masked mouth looked pretty cool as well". That said, the Cybertronian Field Guide that this is reprinting is lamer than the original series, doesn't contain Tech Specs and does contain a price guide that's inevitably useless, since price guides are always inaccurate to start with and become progressively worse with time. Goki's right - if people don't already have Transformers: Generations then they'd be much better off buying it before this version of Cybertronian.