PDA

View Full Version : ROTF R*****'s alt mode?

Paulbot
1st July 2009, 02:44 PM
Ravage is a nice looking cat in the movie but are you happy with what the toy transforms into? Or would you prefered they did something else with the toy (and/or in the movie as well).

Ironhide63
1st July 2009, 02:49 PM
I dare say re=entry mode was the most movie accurate thing we could've gotten out of ravage bar the actually cat mode. He was shot...into the atmosphere, in a missile, so i think re-entry mode was good, and i think they did it without compremising the slightest movie accuracy from ravages cat mode.
so by keeping it true to the movie...i think they've done a good job, besiudes, who the hell is gonna display him in re-entry mode.

loophole
1st July 2009, 02:50 PM
im happy with what we got

Paulbot
1st July 2009, 02:53 PM
The problem with Re-entry/Missile mode is that once he is on Earth, his alt mode is pretty useless. I'd have liked him in the movie to scan a car on earth (maybe a Jaguar!). I like the Alternators Ravage a lot so even though there is already a toy that turns from realistic car to robot cat, I'd be very happy with another deluxe one in the ROTF line.

Robzy
1st July 2009, 08:08 PM
Alternators Ravage was the best thing ever... I always wished that it was Ravage in the 1st movie chasing Bumblebee (instead of Barricade).

I agree with Paulbot... re-entry mode is useless on earth!

Doubledealer
1st July 2009, 08:42 PM
I loved him in the movie but the toy just doesn't interest me at all due to the lack of a refined alt mode. I passed on Scorponok from the first movie for the same reason. I agree with Paulbot, it would have been great if Ravage scanned a nice car to use as his alt mode. My choice would be the 2008 Bugatti Veyron to go with his stealthy persona...

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/02/2008_Bugatti_Veyron_Black.jpg

jaydisc
1st July 2009, 08:47 PM
They should have just ditched the character of Sideways and made Ravage the R8.

Robzy
1st July 2009, 08:52 PM
Good call!

Zahhak
1st July 2009, 08:53 PM
I'm happy with what I got but I do hope for a robot replica version of ravage(and scorpinok for the matter)
To be perfectly honest though my main wish would be that there was two version of ravage.
A deluxe one with an alt mode not seen in the movie, and a legeands class ravage with a re-entry mode that allowed him to be fired by Sounwave(as appose to or in addition to the detailed missile we have now)

I really liked the desighn of ravage to btw so giving him an earth mode would of changed that and maybe not for the better.

SentinelPrime
1st July 2009, 08:58 PM

+1

lcz128
1st July 2009, 08:59 PM

Considering that he got a full 30 seconds worth of screentime, Seconded! (or thirded?)

Ironhide63
1st July 2009, 09:32 PM

what...and let sideswipe own him???

GoktimusPrime
1st July 2009, 09:52 PM
Alice had more screen time than Sideways! Gipped!!

Anyway, I voted other = MP3!! :D

Okay, I'm being silly. You know what I'd like to see him transform into? Any kind of Earth vehicle/device/animal/human/plant/rock - some kind alt mode that makes him a robot in disguise.

Re-entry modes = fail.

Sleeve
1st July 2009, 10:41 PM

Nice call. If they'd done that and given more him more screentime it would have been sweet.

I voted car too.

Tommy K
2nd July 2009, 01:14 PM
that quad bike we got to see in the opening sequence ( i think)

Paulbot
2nd July 2009, 04:55 PM
Now that I actually have Ravage I am more displeased with the re-entry mode. The suggestions of him replacing Sideways are great, and yes if it was him instead of Barricade in the first movie that would have been sweet too.

I'm kind of surprised that robot mode has few votes, but given the first movie's Scorponok toy I guess I shouldn't be.

Lord_Zed
2nd July 2009, 05:17 PM
Given Sideways and also Barricade are awesome toys IMO and Ravage isn't I'd rather they stay seperate thank you very much.

As Ravage's altmode is a panther shouldn't he have a cool robot like Scorponok? :D personaly I prefer Ravage's re-entry mode to Scorponoks so called robot mode, I would have preffered if Scorponok had turned into an engine or something.

I can live with Ravage's alt mode it's just (like Scorponok) he should have been a scout class. So thefore I will abstain from voting.

LordCyrusOmega
3rd July 2009, 08:38 AM
I would have been happy with a non transforming ravage. Scorponoks alt (robot?) mode was terrible and that was when i first started thinking that not all movie toys need an alt mode.

But if i had to decide entry mode works for me. now i want a soundwave thats to scale to launch him

Paulbot
3rd July 2009, 09:14 AM
I tried turning Ravage into robot mode by standing him up and repositioning the limbs, and it kind of works, but nothing really works as his head because the beast mode head doesn't pivot thanks to the gimmick.

GoktimusPrime
3rd July 2009, 10:40 AM
I would have been happy with a non transforming ravage.
You'd be happy with a Transformer that doesn't transform? (o_O) You must've been the only kid in 1990 who didn't scream with horror when Action Masters came out! ;) :p (jkz)

Seriously though, they might as well give us a non-transforming Ravage and Scorponok toy - but at a CHEAPER price. I reckon they give these toys fail modes to justify charging Deluxe prices for them. (-_-)

Ironhide63
3rd July 2009, 10:43 AM
Seriously though, they might as well give us a non-transforming Ravage and Scorponok toy - but at a CHEAPER price.

+1

Zahhak
3rd July 2009, 06:31 PM

I can live with Ravage's alt mode it's just (like Scorponok) he should have been a scout class.

+1
His size would of fit far better in line with the rest of my toys..as it stands it looks like he could take out soundwave

Ode to a Grasshopper
4th July 2009, 11:15 PM
Seriously though, they might as well give us a non-transforming Ravage and Scorponok toy - but at a CHEAPER price. I reckon they give these toys fail modes to justify charging Deluxe prices for them. (-_-)+2. Screen accurate and highly posable Robot Replicas for both Scorpy and Ravage would be far preferable than the half-assed 'robot' and 're-entry' modes we got IMO. Scout sized would be nice too.
And I loathe Action Masters, they weren't even very good for non-transforming action figures.:(

Lord_Zed
5th July 2009, 07:26 PM
And I loathe Action Masters, they weren't even very good for non-transforming action figures.:(

+1

So true, mostly because they looked more like humans dressed up in Transformer costumes rather than actual Transformers. And they didn't even have Kung-Fu Grip.

Revoltech Starscream etc... now that's a real Action Master.

GoktimusPrime
6th July 2009, 10:46 AM
...I really never liked how Action Masters didn't have ELBOW articulation. Made no freakin' sense.

Anyway, I got Ravage yesterday. Transformed him to re-entry mode - which dirge aptly pointed out to me is not even used for re-entry in the movie (just entry)! Yeah, it's a whole lot of fail. (-_-) One of my friends managed to fashion a robot mode for it, only unable to fold the head down... that would've been a way better alternative to the re-entry mode and a neat tribute to his Beast Wars robot mode too! I might post a pic of that robot mode on the mis-transform thread.