PDA

View Full Version : Bank info/Paypal

blackoptimus
2nd July 2009, 12:10 AM
Is it possible for me at the age of 14 to create a paypal account using my info and flexi card number?

griffin
2nd July 2009, 12:12 AM
Read their website to see what the conditions and restrictions are. And if it doesn't say anything against people under 18 having paypal accounts, try to register one and see if you can. If it won't let you, you'd need your parent's bank account.

dirge
2nd July 2009, 10:35 AM
You can't use a card number unless it's a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover). Not sure about the age thing.

blackoptimus
2nd July 2009, 11:56 AM
You can't use a card number unless it's a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover). Not sure about the age thing.

Does ebay allow bank transfers? Also do sites like RK allow bank transfers?

Saintly
2nd July 2009, 12:02 PM
Does ebay allow bank transfers? Also do sites like RK allow bank transfers?

Ebay allows bank transfers as long as the seller offers it but be warned about seller ripping you off as bank transfer don't offer protection but paypal does.

RK, i think do? Someone else to confirm

blackoptimus
2nd July 2009, 12:16 PM
Ebay allows bank transfers as long as the seller offers it but be warned about seller ripping you off as bank transfer don't offer protection but paypal does.

RK, i think do? Someone else to confirm

But when you make an ebay account don't you need to register a card of some sort?

jgon2098
2nd July 2009, 12:44 PM
But when you make an ebay account don't you need to register a card of some sort?

If you want to sell, yes.

If its just to buy, no.

a word of warning, 3 unpaid item strikes on ebay and ur out. (sometimes 2)

They will blacklist your account details and any attempt to re-register with ebay via another account has a good chance of getting suspended. They use a very comprehensive IP tracking system along with other methods.

Yes there are ways to go around it, but I'm not going to discuss it.

Just becareful with your bids, set a budget and dont go over.

jaydisc
2nd July 2009, 02:39 PM
RK exclusively uses PayPal.

If you have a bankcard (and thus, a bank account) and want to get a paypal account you can use, you need to A. read and comply with PayPal's terms of service and then B. sign up using NOT the number on the card, but your "BSB" and "account number". Typically your bank will show you these numbers when you're logged in via internet banking.

blackoptimus
8th July 2009, 03:44 PM
How do I set up paypal? It says visa master and bank but where do I register it to bank, it only has to credit card option.

Bartrim
8th July 2009, 05:02 PM
How do I set up paypal? It says visa master and bank but where do I register it to bank, it only has to credit card option.

It refers to bankcard... a type of credit card

jaydisc
8th July 2009, 05:09 PM
Once you have created an account, if you go to the Profile menu, you will see the option to Add or Edit Bank Account.

Tabias Prime
8th July 2009, 08:50 PM
It is possible to used a debit card on a paypal account, you may run into trouble using a standed card.You might have to change your card to a debit card.you shouldnt have any problems getting one...

blackoptimus
8th July 2009, 10:41 PM
Once you have created an account, if you go to the Profile menu, you will see the option to Add or Edit Bank Account.

I can't make the account, it requires me to enter credit card. 1.Go to paypal and click sign up. 2. Click personal. 3. fill in details, oppps big full stop, you need credit card details.

griffin
9th July 2009, 12:13 AM
You need someone to help you WHILE you are doing it. You need a parent to help you. If you don't want them to know about it, or they have said that they don't want you have a Paypal account yet, you may just have to wait until they let you. Trust your parents - they know what's best for you.

jaydisc
9th July 2009, 11:29 AM
I can't make the account, it requires me to enter credit card. 1.Go to paypal and click sign up. 2. Click personal. 3. fill in details, oppps big full stop, you need credit card details.

While testing this myself, I received this message:

"Date of Birth: You have to be at least 18 years old to use PayPal."

So, I think it's best you talk to parents.

blackoptimus
9th July 2009, 12:15 PM
You need someone to help you WHILE you are doing it. You need a parent to help you. If you don't want them to know about it, or they have said that they don't want you have a Paypal account yet, you may just have to wait until they let you. Trust your parents - they know what's best for you.

They know about it but my parents are sorta dumb when it comes to PC/MAc stuff.

griffin
9th July 2009, 01:33 PM
Well, according to Jaydisc, you need them to set up a Paypal account for you, as you are four years too young to have one legally. Which means you need to go through it together with your parents, no matter how 'alien' this computer/internet stuff is to them.