PDA

View Full Version : Spotlight: Metroplex

Sam
2nd July 2009, 08:39 PM
Post your thoughts on this IDW title here.

Please put spoiler tags for those who have not read it yet.

My favourite bit was:

-----SPOILER---------
I AM METROPLEX
------END SPOILER----

I also think Mater is another good artist.

GoktimusPrime
3rd July 2009, 09:37 AM
So that's why I saw you going to Phantom Zone yesterday! :D Need to get myself there ASAP! :)

Sam
3rd July 2009, 09:06 PM
Ah yes. I believe you have a standing order hence I did not get an extra copy. :)

Paulbot
3rd July 2009, 09:13 PM
I liked this issue. I got a big surprise at the end when I saw something in an official story that I had as a key feature in my fanfic 13 years ago.

GoktimusPrime
4th July 2009, 10:39 AM
It was alright. Quite reminiscent of Metroplex's debut in the G1 UK comics during the Space Pirates saga where he surprised the pants off the Quintessons occupying Autobot City, but with a darker twist at the end. The story contained a lot of mysteries which I hope will be revealed later down the track and makes this story make more sense - like what the hell Metroplex was doing (guarding?) all by his lonesome on Salvvatan VIII and why he had to abandon the Throttlebots like that.

...odd how they kept mispelling Jhiaxus' name as "Jiaxus." Surely Furman hasn't forgotten the name of the character he himself created in 1993. Not sure who stuffed that one up.

i_amtrunks
4th July 2009, 10:10 PM
Most enjoyable Spotlight since McCarthy entered the fray with Blurr, a nice simple story that tied a little into the real good IDW stores,and foreshadowing that we may yet get back into that type of writing instead of the tripe we have had for the last year.

Would not have called it Spotlight: Metroplex, maybe Spotlight Throttlebts would have worked better, using it to segue into the true Spotlight Metroplex whe we (hopefully) delve further into the mysteries.

You cannot blame Furman for the mis-spelling of Jhiaxus Schmidt was the writer, and it was up to Tipton (who has had a terrible run with the quality of TF comics dropping dramatically since he came on board) who dropped the ball with the consistency.

Beautiful art, and the double page spreads worked a treat.

Sky Shadow
9th July 2009, 10:03 PM
Uh huhhh... Not much happened there really except that Metroplex has a mysterious solo mission, which was a good thematic mirror to the Throttlebots' team unity. For some reason, the G1 cartoon incidental music was playing through my head as I read this issue.

Andy Schmidt needs to lay off the abysmal Transformers aphorisms.

Denton J Tipton needs to lay off the abysmal editing.

Lordy
10th July 2009, 08:23 PM
I agree with Sky Shadow's views. Although giggled at Sixshot getting slapped and stamped, kinda like a Bugs Bunny cartoon, expect Sixshot to be flat as a sheet of paper, floating around the place after been stamped on by Metroplex.

I hope the backstory to the mission is told, give something Metroplex to do other than slapping around Trypticon.

SentinelPrime
11th July 2009, 09:00 AM
The mysterious solo mission threw me... i too hope to get a back story on that... was a good read... "I am Metroplex" 2 page spread was awesome...
didnt like Sixshot being trampled on... would of rather some kind of fight.

Lordy
11th July 2009, 10:15 AM
I guess Sixshot will be wanting a rematch, although be interesting to see how he could take down Metroplex.

Sky Shadow
11th July 2009, 10:20 AM
I guess Sixshot will be wanting a rematch, although be interesting to see how he could take down Metroplex.

Actually, that would be interesting. A clever story where a one-bot-STAG systematically uses his six modes and ninja cleverness to bring Metroplex to his knees would be leagues better than one where Metroplex just stomps on Sixshot.