PDA

View Full Version : Underbelly TV Series - Epic Win

Adzma
13th February 2008, 03:49 PM
I don't know how many people know about this, I just learnt about it today after reading Rudd's apology speech in the Herald Sun, but anywho, this new Australian series called Underbelly is set between the 90s and early 2000s and is based around the Melbourne gang wars and such. Screening has been banned in Victoria. I thought it was hilarious, but then everyone started worrying about downloading episodes of the internet since it's still showing in the other states. I found this as the funniest part of the article:

"Anyone found in possession of unathorised copies of the Underbelly series faces up to five years impisonment or a fine of up to $60,500 under the Copyright Act and in Victoria, they would also be in contempt of court."

I for one am proud to live in Melbourne, and frankly don't care if it has a past of gang activity, it's usually a very common thing in big cities anyway.

Paulbot
13th February 2008, 04:07 PM
It's banned in Victoria because there are current and upcomming court cases related to events and 'characters' in it. The Courts believe that jurors watching this show might be influenced by seeing it and the defendents would not receive fair unbiased trials.

The same thing happened with the show "Blue Murder" a few years ago.

Soundwarp
14th February 2008, 06:05 AM
I really wanted to watch it but HOUSE was on.

springah
14th February 2008, 09:12 AM
It's banned in Victoria because there are current and upcomming court cases related to events and 'characters' in it. The Courts believe that jurors watching this show might be influenced by seeing it and the defendents would not receive fair unbiased trials.

The same thing happened with the show "Blue Murder" a few years ago.

qft.

also,

also, House?! LOL.

Saintly
14th February 2008, 09:53 AM
I guess that means the lawyers did end up watching all 13 episodes to call the ban in Victoria :) poor sods

autobreadticon
14th February 2008, 10:28 AM

bahaha yeh

i_amtrunks
14th February 2008, 12:21 PM

Switch House for Spicks and Specks, and there's why I purposely missed the show.

That and Channel 9 Australian series are often fairly poor.

turtle boy
17th February 2008, 08:25 PM

Is that a bad thing? House is awesome:D

Saintly
18th February 2008, 08:47 AM
btw, this is probably old news, but it's available from your "other" favourite online location if it has been banned in VIC

Paulbot
18th February 2008, 11:42 AM
Or maybe not (http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2008/02/aussie-pirates-deleted-by-websites.html)...

turtle boy
18th February 2008, 06:00 PM
lame.. i want to see it :/

Rampage
18th February 2008, 06:05 PM

it's still easy enough to find on the bigger non aussie torrent sites

not a bad show either imo:D

Saintly
19th February 2008, 08:56 AM

Just head across the border ;) Only about 5-10km away, isn't it? :D

Borgeman
26th February 2008, 10:09 PM
how many episodes have screened outside of vic? i ask because 9 episodes happened to pass through my burner today....

George

Pulse
26th February 2008, 10:15 PM
I believe it's been 3 (A double the 1st week & a single last week). Tomorrow's episode is the one where Jason Moran & his Bro confront confront Carl Williams in the park over Carl undercutting them over drugs.

sifun
5th March 2008, 12:29 PM
lol haha most of this show is filmed near where i live!
The bar that they hang out in is just up the road from me, same as the cafe where tony mokbel first met carl williams..
Pretty funny lol Saw them filming a while ago, but didn't know it was for this

NEMESIS PRIME
5th March 2008, 08:25 PM
lol martin sacks looks funny with a mustache after seeing him on Blue Heelers:D

thought i recognised 'benji' its
Damian Howling (was on ALSO on Blue Heelers....)

lol......

Pulse
7th May 2008, 09:36 PM
:D I'm sorry but I had to pull out my voodoo tricks & resurrect this thread now that the show's over. :D

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only person here who was watching Underbelly (out of the non-Vics that is :)). Even so, I'm sure that if you Vics really wanted to see it, you would have definitely seen the episodes by now.

As it's going on sale tomorrow on DVD, If any Vics would like us non-Vics to send you a copy of the box set - Just ask :). I seriously doubt the Victorian Courts are checking out our little old board.

For those of you who have been watching it, what'cha think?

IMO I thought it was pretty good. The only filler episode that comes to mind was the one centred around the women (girlfriends/fiancees/wives) but the last scene was kinda lacking in drama (compared to the rest of the series, that is). Atleast it wasn't as bad as the final scene of "The Sopranos".

Paulbot
8th May 2008, 08:04 AM
I am sure no one in Victoria would be wanting to break the law by watching the show or ordering it from interstate at any time, either in the am or the pm.

Pulse
8th May 2008, 10:29 AM
I am sure no one in Victoria would be wanting to break the law by watching the show or ordering it from interstate at any time, either in the am or the pm.

I'm pretty sure the Victorian branch of Aus Post have more important things to do than to keep a look out for copies of a particular DVD.

Or you could just move out of Vic? :D
Why anyone would wanna live in Vic is beyond me? :confused:
What a dump of a state :p