PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the Fallen toy counting poll

GoktimusPrime
3rd July 2009, 11:06 AM
Here's a small poll, and I'm just doing it here, to see how you guys think some more ambiguous figures from RotF should or shouldn't count. If the results clearly favour one result, then I'll just amend it to existing UCM articles, if not then I'll consider making a new UCM article poll (which will be conducted across multiple boards as usual).

So this is more like a preliminary poll to see if there's a need for another UCM poll.

'kay anyway - I would count Constructicon Devastator as 1 toy and the Arcee bikes separately.

My reasoning for counting Constructicon Devastator as 1 toy is that the individual component Constructicons are not meaningful Transformer action figures on their own because they do not have a robot mode. It looks like Hasbro won't be selling them individually - and if they did, who would buy just one? The toys need each other to function as a meaningful Transformer toy.

Thus conversely my reasoning for counting the Arcee Bikes separately is that they can operate as meaningful Transformer action figures on their own. It looks like Hasbro will sell them separately and I'm certain that people would be willing to purchase them on their own.

Now if anyone is thinking that the Arcee bikes should all count as 1, consider this; would you only consider them as 1 after you have collected all 3? Or at least 2/3? Or would it count as soon as you get just 1?

Discuss! :)

And remember, participation in this poll is voluntary.

Paulbot
3rd July 2009, 11:17 AM
The Chromia toy is a motorbike that turns in to a female robot. The bio on her box describes a long relationship with Ironhide. As far as the toy is concerned she is her own Transformer. Nothing onscreen really contradicts this either, only preprodcution information.

As for the Supreme Devastator toy: one Transformer made up of six separate parts like Magmatron.

jaydisc
3rd July 2009, 12:07 PM
Uh, who says the bikes are even a combiner?

dirge
3rd July 2009, 04:12 PM
Three bikes, one Constructicon.

fatbot
3rd July 2009, 06:20 PM
Three bikes, one Constructicon.

Agreed, 3 bikes, 1 construction

SilverDragon
3rd July 2009, 06:50 PM
Devastator's bits are sold in a pack, and are simply components of a whole, while the Arcee bikes are sold separately, with unique bios.

Devastator counts as one, while the bikes are separate.

GoktimusPrime
3rd July 2009, 07:38 PM
Uh, who says the bikes are even a combiner?
Nobody. But the movie seems to have the 3 bikes as all being "Arcee" - i.e.: a single character. So some people might want to count all the bikes as 1 because they all represent one character. One person so far as voted for the bikes to all count as 1.

jaydisc
3rd July 2009, 09:32 PM
But the two released/announced bikes have different names, Arcee and Chromia. Are you counting characters in the movie or toys?

blackie
3rd July 2009, 09:37 PM
devastator is several toys but one transformer
imo

GoktimusPrime
3rd July 2009, 11:41 PM
But the two released/announced bikes have different names, Arcee and Chromia. Are you counting characters in the movie or toys?
The individual components of Magmatron have individual names too. Furthermore, people can have different definitions on how to count toys. As you can see, Paulbot, dirge, fatbot, SilverDragon and I consider Devastator to be 1 toy (and the individual Constructicons being components of that 1) whereas blackie considers him to be several toys.

BigPenney
4th July 2009, 12:04 AM
Devastator 1
Arcee bikes 3