PDA

View Full Version : Frenzy Rumble's Video Review and Photo Album for Supreme Devastator

jaydisc
3rd July 2009, 10:07 PM
Video Review

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Pzg4Gk-RY)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpLIaUjSFHI)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOfllMvP2w)

Flickr Album (http://www.flickr.com/photos/accardi1/sets/72157620876813506/)

Stompy
4th July 2009, 01:02 AM
The soundbox just won't shut up with Mixmaster.

I still think it's a bit too pricey for the play value. For me anyway. I appreciate the conversion for the lot but I'm not willing to pay about $200 for them.

shokwave2
4th July 2009, 09:50 AM
Still looks too cheap and out-of-proportion to me. I hope Hasbro plan to make combining constructicons in the future. Even it meant no robot mode, but a massive and detailed Devastator at the end.

lcz128
4th July 2009, 09:54 AM
not convinced... :(

Kyle
4th July 2009, 09:56 AM
I'm tempted to get the individual bots and make up my own combination... :o

Deceptic_Optic
4th July 2009, 10:12 AM

that is if its coming out indivudually? what do you guys think?

Robzy
4th July 2009, 11:20 AM
Pass! :(

jaydisc
4th July 2009, 12:00 PM
Same. I'm curious to see what prices sales and clearances will bring.

I do like the size of their alt modes! Scavenger is HUGE! But yeah, as FR said, their detailing and lack of paint is really bad.

shokwave2
4th July 2009, 12:51 PM

I guess you could find construction toys in the same scale as ROTF TF's to take apart and customize. All these ideas floating around in my head.

kup
4th July 2009, 01:08 PM
For components that don't have robot modes Mixmaster, Demolishor (body), Rampage and Longhaul have considerably compromised alt modes which as mentioned, are devoid of detail and paint applications.

Doesn't seem like they invested much in R&D for this thing.

STL
4th July 2009, 02:04 PM
I'm not convinced but I'll bite. I suspect they'll be like Ult BBs. We should be able to get them for about $100.

blackoptimus
4th July 2009, 02:19 PM
Why is demolisher renamed to scavenger, also in the movie, devastator was climbing the pyramid but you see bumblebee fighting rampage, how is that possible isn't he meant to be a part of devastator, same goes for mixmaster and long haul.

MV75
4th July 2009, 04:36 PM
Because they were non-robotic vehicles that were "gathered" for formation. ;)

Anyways, yes, I see very little play value in those toys, and little to no details on the vehicles to make up for their very simple and base conversions.

And could you imagine a kid trying to pull those toys apart? Looked like the adult was having to put in some force.

Still looks too cheap and out-of-proportion to me. I hope Hasbro plan to make combining constructicons in the future. Even it meant no robot mode, but a massive and detailed Devastator at the end.

*cough*

I think that's what this toy is. Instead it came out detail-less.

GoktimusPrime
4th July 2009, 06:22 PM
I'd like to see Hasbro give us the Animated Constructicons - they don't need to combine since they never did in the show. I just wants them is all. :(

Doubledealer
4th July 2009, 09:03 PM
Wouldn't mind it if it cost $100 or less. One of my main concerns is where I'd put the blardy thing - It's huge!

TF76
4th July 2009, 09:55 PM
I like it, I think it will be a good toy, I hope it is under $150, but even worst case if it is $200, it would be close to that on a 20% off sale.

RageOnTheRoads
5th July 2009, 01:19 PM
I'd like to see Hasbro give us the Animated Constructicons - they don't need to combine since they never did in the show. I just wants them is all. :(

Amen to that! :D

Mmmm, he is kind of warming to me. Don't mind him as much as I used too. Mixmaster's barrel is laughably oversized though. Still think EZ Devi is leagues above Hasbro's.

Gutsman Heavy
5th July 2009, 02:53 PM
I'll grab one for about $80-90 or not at all (I hope)

blackoptimus
5th July 2009, 03:50 PM
Because they were non-robotic vehicles that were "gathered" for formation. ;)

Anyways, yes, I see very little play value in those toys, and little to no details on the vehicles to make up for their very simple and base conversions.

And could you imagine a kid trying to pull those toys apart? Looked like the adult was having to put in some force.

*cough*

I think that's what this toy is. Instead it came out detail-less.
WTF, non robotic vehicles, that sucks also why do they have the same names then?

jaydisc
5th July 2009, 06:16 PM
WTF, non robotic vehicles, that sucks also why do they have the same names then?

I suspect due to trademark ease.

Dylbot
5th July 2009, 07:19 PM
Can't wait to repaint those. Has anyone got any tips on how to make the vehicles modes look dusty? I've never painted a TF before, and I don't wanna stuff it up!

Paulbot
6th July 2009, 12:27 PM
Can't wait to repaint those. Has anyone got any tips on how to make the vehicles modes look dusty? I've never painted a TF before, and I don't wanna stuff it up!

You could go for the authentic look and play with them in the sandpit?

I was happy enough with what I saw of this toy in person to say I will be getting it when it comes out here.

FFN
7th July 2009, 12:14 AM
Why is demolisher renamed to scavenger, also in the movie, devastator was climbing the pyramid but you see bumblebee fighting rampage, how is that possible isn't he meant to be a part of devastator, same goes for mixmaster and long haul. There are many Constructicons with the same body-types.

Demolishor is mostly white, and he was killed. Scavenger is mostly red and you never see his robot mode. Demolishor's Voyager class toy is actually in Scavenger's colours. Rampage was made red so we could more easily tell who was who during the fight with the yellow Bumblebee.

WTF, non robotic vehicles, that sucks also why do they have the same names then? He was joking.