PDA

View Full Version : ROFT Lame Award

Autocon
5th July 2009, 07:20 PM
who will win the covenent sp? award

Sky Shadow
5th July 2009, 07:46 PM
who will win the covenent sp? award

Coveted? And I voted 'other'. There's far too much competition in this line to narrow it down to just one toy. Does standing the RPMS on their fenders count as a lame transformation?

Doubledealer
5th July 2009, 08:10 PM
Don't own the Fallen yet (haven't seen one on sale yet :() so my vote goes to Ravage. Sure, he never scanned an earth mode in the movie but eh. I don't really have a problem with Soundwaves transformation, and I actually quite like his satellite alt mode.

kup
5th July 2009, 08:12 PM
Maybe Supreme Devastator should be in the list.

TF76
5th July 2009, 10:48 PM
I think that's what The Fallen would do (Fold in half and fly away)
Soundwave transforms into a spork (Spork-wave is cool)
Ravage losses I don't know what he is ment to be... (Spork-waves poo?)

Lord_Zed
5th July 2009, 11:01 PM
Well all three of these guys are deserving, I supose Ravage is the lamest looking in Altmode, but the other two have there own problems.

Golden Phoenix
5th July 2009, 11:43 PM
I pretty much ignore Ravage's alt-mode. The same thing I did with scorponok.
hence my vote

sanbot
5th July 2009, 11:50 PM
I think that's what The Fallen would do (Fold in half and fly away)

tee hee hee

Fallen gets my vote. Transformation? What transformation?

Autocon, did u deliberately spell ROTF as ROFT?

Ironhide63
6th July 2009, 12:24 AM
how the hell is the Fallen's alt mode bad. im quite impressed with it, and the transformation is quite satisfying. Ravages alt mode...on the other hand.

BigPenney
6th July 2009, 01:33 AM
:( Am I the only one that likes Ravages alt mode.
Anyway, I voted other.

SilverDragon
6th July 2009, 10:06 AM
The Fallen and Soundwave at least look like spaceships to varying degrees. Ravage just looks like, well, Ravage doing some sort of extreme meditation position.

sanbot
6th July 2009, 10:31 AM
Whilst I agree that the fallen looks okay in Alt mode and does look a tiny bit like a space ship....

Since this is a poll about transformation rather then what it looks like. I thought the fallen was terrible. There's really not much to it. Just a few parts moved here and there. Its like for example, folding/twisting an arm in another direction. I would hardly call that transformation.

GoktimusPrime
6th July 2009, 10:50 AM
I voted for Ravage. There's no way a form like that would survive entry (not re-entry since Ravage never escaped Earth's atmosphere and returned to it!!) with a form like that!

As lame as Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream's 'rock lord' forms are, at least they look like they could survive entry into Earth's atmosphere like meteors. Ravage wouldn't survive a fall in that form... I'm sure the movie showed him in a more compacted form similar to the Ravage missile that comes with Soundwave.

Since this is a poll about transformation rather then what it looks like. I thought the fallen was terrible. There's really not much to it. Just a few parts moved here and there. Its like for example, folding/twisting an arm in another direction. I would hardly call that transformation.
Ravage is just as bad, only with a far less rewarding result! :)

Autocon
6th July 2009, 06:52 PM
I voted for Ravage. There's no way a form like that would survive entry (not re-entry since Ravage never escaped Earth's atmosphere and returned to it!!) with a form like that!

As lame as Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream's 'rock lord' forms are, at least they look like they could survive entry into Earth's atmosphere like meteors. Ravage wouldn't survive a fall in that form... I'm sure the movie showed him in a more compacted form similar to the Ravage missile that comes with Soundwave.

Ravage is just as bad, only with a far less rewarding result! :)

i think re-entry mode refers to any planet so if he leaves the planet inside soundwave he can get back to the planet

roft was a mistake had to leave so typed quickly

its a combination of alt modes plus what you have to do, soundwave was added due more to the fact of his three mode conversion satillete to spaceship

GoktimusPrime
6th July 2009, 11:18 PM
i think re-entry mode refers to any planet so if he leaves the planet inside soundwave he can get back to the planet
When did Soundwave ever leave Earth? He just floats there in orbit and humps a satellite.

In order to re-enter something you must have been in there before! If I walk into your house for the first time ever, I'm not re-entering, I'm entering!

STL
6th July 2009, 11:50 PM
how the hell is the Fallen's alt mode bad. im quite impressed with it, and the transformation is quite satisfying. Ravages alt mode...on the other hand.

+1.

I don't think the Fallen is that bad either. I wouldn't describe him as brilliant but nor would I lump him with Ravage.