PDA

View Full Version : TFs Q/C problems archive (already damaged in the packaging)

lcz128
13th September 2008, 09:29 PM
So. Not even the mighty TakaraTOMY is immune to this I'm sure you guys know.

Me, I've had a particularly bad streak of luck with them in the henkei series.

1) Bumblebee. He's got some bubbling on the TOP of his alt mode (chest). crap.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lcz128_photos/Transformers/Transformers004-1.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lcz128_photos/Transformers/Transformers004.jpg

2) Convoy. Terrible miscolouring between the transparent plastic and the colour of the plastic. It's since been rectified with my recent repaint. (No pix :()

3) Ramjet. What. The. Heck. I didn't post about this earlier and I didn't take photos of it - but basically the front-most part of the wings (in robot mode) had the WRONG CONNECTING PART on one side. Basically, when transformed into robot mode, what was the front of the wings either both point down or up. I understand that with Henkei, according to the images, they point down. Mine had one pointing up and the other down. Crap. And I couldn't take the pin out and flip it either. :( SO, I had to cut the piece so that it allowed for that rotation. Phew.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lcz128_photos/Transformers/Transformers003.jpg

4) Latest and most shocking offense. Just recently got a Henkei Convoy through JuzMel (Thanks for passing it to ice, btw :)) and I hadn't taken it out of his plastic bag that ice passed to me until last night, but only today did I notice that his abs (the faux-grille) is completely unpainted. It's just the red plastic. And this was the one I intended to leave MISB, too! WHUT THE!?!?!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lcz128_photos/Transformers/Transformers002.jpg

So, what horror stories have you lot had thus far? Or am I the unlucky b@stard getting the short end of the stick? :(

roller
13th September 2008, 09:55 PM
my Encore Jazz has crappy face paint apps

iceburn
13th September 2008, 10:19 PM
ohoh..now its Takara's paintjob problems...

[edit]
sorry albie..i didn't check that it's unpainted too
anyway if it was unpainted...i wouldn't have known.
left most of my toys MISB :cool:

Golden Phoenix
13th September 2008, 10:27 PM
Wow. That is a horrible streak. Remind me never to order Takara stuff from you. lol
I only own 5 Takara products, and I have been fine with them. I think Takara has some of the same issues as Hasbro, just less common.

Pulse
13th September 2008, 10:27 PM
All my recent TakaraTomy figures have been perfect... (& I've got 3 in mid-air at the moment that "fingers-crossed" are all good too :))

dirge
14th September 2008, 12:14 AM
I have noticed a slight lowering of standards since the merger, but you've had rotten luck, lcz! ):

lcz128
14th September 2008, 08:01 AM
Haha- THe funny thing though is with all these stupid quality issues, I've been 'needing' to custom them more.

Though that's kind of representative of how hasbro's are too... though eventhough I get these substandard takara releases they're still heads, shoulders and shoulder cannons above hasbro's worse than subpar releases (thanks to deco choices, worse QC, worse paint etc :() Makes me sad.

Anyhoo : Gonna be updating with pics shortly! :D

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2008, 08:28 AM
Contact TakaraTOMY and tell them. They actually take complaint calls seriously.

When I called to complain about a missing part on my MP Convoy they FedEx'd me replacement parts (with free gifts as an apology!) which arrived in just a few days from lodging the complaint! When I called them about Encore Ironhide/Ratchet not being on their online survey database they corrected it within 24 hours!

Customer Support page (http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/support/index02.html)
Online support form (https://my.tomy.co.jp/confidential/takaratomy_support/form.htm)

The Customer Support page lists several call centre numbers that you can phone - just remember to add +81 for dialing Japan from overseas.
e.g.: 0011-81-3-5650-1031

FFN
14th September 2008, 08:29 AM
I think Takara has some of the same issues as Hasbro, just less common. The reason being Hasbro makes and sells far more Transformers products than Tomy does (or Takara ever did).

Because we're all western fans, we usually buy locally available Hasbro products more than we do TakaraTomy stuff, so yes, we'll see far more QC problems from Hasbro due to the sheer of amount of product available in our hands and on shelves. Also, people tend to be harsher on Hasbro than they are with TakaraTomy (or any Japanese toy company), in my experience.

The biggest QC issue I ever had with a Takara product was Galaxy Force Soundwave - they bolted the big hinge that connected his bod halves together crookedly, so he couldn't transform into vehicle mode properly.

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2008, 08:36 AM
That's not necessarily true. I was primarily collecting Takara TFs when I was living in Japan and I was consistently amazed and in awe with the quality of the products I got. So for me at least it's not a "relative perspective" issue.

TakaraTOMY do make mistakes, noone's denying that... but I find that they are less common and are generally more consistent in improving on mistakes and flubs compared to Hasbro. And IMO TakaraTOMY are more attentive in their effort too compared to Hasbro. The lack of chrome or any distinctive colouring on Universe/Classics Prowl's missiles? That's not poor QC, that's just a poor effort (the paint apps on his doors on the other hand is poor QC) - JMO.

kup
14th September 2008, 08:39 AM
As mentioned before, I have also noticed an increase in QC issues from Takara Tomy products.

However Hasbro suffers mainly from being cheap bastards and cutting in production costs so a lot of their bad QC is mainly due to cheap paints that rub off, thin plastic that stresses or don't encase ball joints properly and other related troubles.

Hasbro also has a large degree of 'standard' bad QC similar to Takara Tomy in the sense of the odd mispainted figures and so on but I guess both companies will never get rid of such issues as long as they outsource all of their manufacturing to third party factories where is impossible to ensure the quality of every figure.

Personally I am still going for henkei as the possibility of bad QC is present in both companies but at least I know that with Takara Tomy, I will not be given a cheaply painted figure where the paint is more likely to end up in my hands after the first transformation.

Takara Tomy's troubles are with the odd figure (although this 'odd' figure is sadly increasing in occurance) while Hasbro's bad QC is clearly systematic for cost cutting.

lcz128
14th September 2008, 08:45 AM
Contact TakaraTOMY and tell them. They actually take complaint calls seriously.

When I called to complain about a missing part on my MP Convoy they FedEx'd me replacement parts (with free gifts as an apology!) which arrived in just a few days from lodging the complaint! When I called them about Encore Ironhide/Ratchet not being on their online survey database they corrected it within 24 hours!

Customer Support page (http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/support/index02.html)
Online support form (https://my.tomy.co.jp/confidential/takaratomy_support/form.htm)

The Customer Support page lists several call centre numbers that you can phone - just remember to add +81 for dialing Japan from overseas.
e.g.: 0011-81-3-5650-1031

... That sounds great, but me no speaky Japanese :|

uhm... I just loaded the pages and was boggled by the lovely kanji etc :b

ohoh..now its Takara's paintjob problems...

[edit]
sorry albie..i didn't check that it's unpainted too
anyway if it was unpainted...i wouldn't have known.
left most of my toys MISB :cool:

Actually, it's pretty ... obvious when you look at it XD *refers to pic*

Gutsman Heavy
14th September 2008, 09:15 AM
I've got tome Taktomy issues as well.
The green micron car from GF has his head on backwards.
henkei Starscream's chest doesn't hold together in bot mode properly.
And for the really picky Henkei Bumblebee has some blue paint on his noggin' (it's quite little)

Tetsuwan Convoy
14th September 2008, 09:04 PM
I had some dodgy shoulder trouble with my Encore Convoy, but after a quick disassemble and re-assemble, (woth some bending in between) he came good.

Hey Gok, did they send you the stuff when you were in Australia or Japan?

1orion2many
14th September 2008, 09:14 PM
:)I have an Optimus Prime junior from the 3 pack with 2 left feet:D, I kept him for this oddity:D.

jaydisc
14th September 2008, 09:15 PM
I've found that the back of Henkei Skyfire's cockpit, which is blue, doesn't fold down properly when in robot mode. It could be easily fixed with some filing. I took a look at my 2nd MISB version, and it seems to suffer the same problem.

My MP4 has some mismatched red and some minor chipping.

MV75
14th September 2008, 09:16 PM
I find it ironic that bumblebee was due to too much paint. :D

STL
14th September 2008, 10:10 PM

:confused: But it's on the front of the toy! One look and you can tell straight away.

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2008, 10:44 PM
Hey Gok, did they send you the stuff when you were in Australia or Japan?
I was in Australia. Yeah... I was really impressed by the speed of their service! I was expecting to wait for weeks, but it arrived in a matter of days. It was delivered directly to my hands by express FedEx courier - I had to sign for it and everything. Phwoar!

It was funny, the guy I was speaking to didn't realise that I wasn't in Japan. It was only when he asked me where I lived - expecting me to tell him which prefecture - that I said I was in Australia and he was like, sounding like he nearly fell of his chair, オーストラリア?!? :D He was also really apologetic (and you just know that they're bowing at you repeatedly on the other end of the phone)... I thought that if he'd felt any more ashamed that he might kneel into Seiza and commit Harakiri. Eep! :p

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transfandom%20Comic/transfandom10.jpg

Soundwarp
15th September 2008, 05:17 AM
Wow this really is dissapointing.

FFN
15th September 2008, 08:51 AM
BLAH BLAH BLAH There's a reason why Hasbro is rich,

Mr Burns: RICH AS NAZIS!*

*(This is in reference to the episode of the Simpsons where Mr Burns says that very line. I don't mean to suggest that Hasbro are Nazis. I am also clearly taking the piss here.)

jaydisc
15th September 2008, 08:55 AM
Can anyone state with certainty whether or not Hasbro and Takara use the same manufacturers or facilities? Obviously, they request different paint jobs, but does anyone have any decently sourced information as to how or where their processes differ?

iceburn
15th September 2008, 09:08 AM
... That sounds great, but me no speaky Japanese :|

uhm... I just loaded the pages and was boggled by the lovely kanji etc :b

yeah its very obvious and i did just check the pic of my Henkei Prime.
sorry i didn't notice.... wasn't even aware that there'll be paintjob problems

STL, you know i just collect and deliver the toys...so i didn't even notice it until lcz said so

Mel, are you still able to dispute with your ebay seller??

kup
15th September 2008, 09:47 AM
There's a reason why Hasbro is rich,

*(This is in reference to the episode of the Simpsons where Mr Burns says that very line. I don't mean to suggest that Hasbro are Nazis. I am also clearly taking the piss here.)

Yeah it makes them rich but does it make it right?

JuzMel
15th September 2008, 10:16 AM
4) Latest and most shocking offense. Just recently got a Henkei Convoy through JuzMel (Thanks for passing it to ice, btw :)) and I hadn't taken it out of his plastic bag that ice passed to me until last night, but only today did I notice that his abs (the faux-grille) is completely unpainted. It's just the red plastic. And this was the one I intended to leave MISB, too! WHUT THE!?!?!

Mel, are you still able to dispute with your ebay seller??

Eeks! Really? :eek: Sorry about that! I didn't even notice! *worried look on face* Now I need to go back and check my figures. Yours came from RK while mine came from ebay because I hastily bought Henkei Prime from ebay when I saw that RK ran out of the Henkei Set of 6 figures packaged for US$120.99. Then when they restocked the next day, I bought the set again which left me with an extra Prime. And because I got the ebay one earlier and opened it, I thought I'll let you have the MISB one from RK. :o

P.S That answers your question bro... ;)

My Classics and Henkei are mostly all still MISB. :o :p I only opened some of the Encores and so far for mine, I was only unhappy with Ratchet and Ironhide because in vehicle mode their connecting pieces had way too much space between them.

iceburn
15th September 2008, 10:31 AM
ahh so that is from RK..well, prob be more aware of the reproductions or future re-releases that have problems. no worries..i was just asking

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2008, 12:06 PM
There's a reason why Hasbro is rich,

Yeah it makes them rich but does it make it right?

I thought that was FFN's point of comparing Hasbro to Nazis - i.e.: wealth built on dubious practice. :p

Actually, I think Hasbro are a lot more like Microsoft - they swallow their competitors in an attempt to establish market dominance! :)

Facts:

1/ Hasbro is the 2nd largest toy maker in the world (second only to Mattel).

2/ Like Microsoft, Hasbro has assimilated the following companies:
+ Milton Bradley
+ Avalon Hill
+ Wizards of the Coast
+ Infogrames
+ Claster Television
+ Coleco
+ Galoob
+ Kenner
+ Maisto
+ Parker Brothers
+ PlaySkool
+ Selchow and Righter
+ Tiger Electronics
+ Tonka
+ Wrebbit
+ Cranium Inc.

http://www.toybender.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/150px-hasbro_logo.jpg <-- Hasbro logo laughing all the way to the bank :D

Pulse
15th September 2008, 02:22 PM
Can anyone state with certainty whether or not Hasbro and Takara use the same manufacturers or facilities? Obviously, they request different paint jobs, but does anyone have any decently sourced information as to how or where their processes differ?

I'm guessing the only way we'd answer these questions is by asking the employees who steal figures & bung 'em on Ebay... :D

kup
15th September 2008, 06:07 PM
I'm guessing the only way we'd answer these questions is by asking the employees who steal figures & bung 'em on Ebay... :D

Strangely enough, we don't get many stolen Takara figures just Hasbro's.

Thy usually steal Botcon figures and the like too but you never see stolen ehobby exclusives and the like which are equally as valuable and also in demand.

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2008, 06:21 PM
Maybe because most Japanese collectors would refuse to buy stolen goods? *shrug*

I think that if more collectors refused to purchases these stolen factory goods then people would be less inclined to steal them in the first place. Laws of demand and supply really.

liegeprime
15th September 2008, 06:26 PM
.. I thought that if he'd felt any more ashamed that he might kneel into Seiza and commit Harakiri. Eep! :p

heheheh, prolly not, as their production lines are most likely in China.:p

[QUOTE=GoktimusPrime;46418]
Actually, I think Hasbro are a lot more like Microsoft - they swallow their competitors in an attempt to establish market dominance! :)

Hmm was actually thinking more of the Borg.... you will all become one with the collective, resistance is futile! ......:D:D

GoktimusPrime
16th September 2008, 03:50 PM
heheheh, prolly not, as their production lines are most likely in China.
Then they'll just have to enact the Great Eastern Co-Prosperity Sphere, Part 2! :p ;) (j/k)

jaydisc
16th September 2008, 04:01 PM
Is there any evidence that sellers like TFCToy and Menasor's sources are actually factory thefts? Or are you referring to different sellers?

<completely baseless>
I was daydreamingly theorizing one day that the leaks were intentional in order to theorize product demand and thus production quantities.
</completely baseless>

GoktimusPrime
16th September 2008, 05:36 PM
All Hasbro toys have an official sale date on them. When retailers receive the first case it actually says, "Do not sell until 16 September" printed on the outside of the case.

So I'd say that if you see toys being sold/purchased before the official release date then there's reason to suspect that someone's not doing the right thing. It doesn't necessarily mean the goods were stolen though - these toys are shipped to retailers in advanced but they're not meant to shelve or sell the items until the release date.

When the Star Wars Revenge of the Sith toys came out, some friends and I were in an independent toy store/dealer and the store owner had received several cases of the new figures with the words "Do not sell until April 3" (or whatever the exact date was, I can't remember) printed on every box. It was the evening of the day just before the release day, but since we were all pretty much good acquintances with each other he decided to open the cases and sell us the toys a few hours early so long as we maintained a vow of secrecy about these toys until midnight (i.e.: we can't go around boasting about them as acquisitions on a forum or something).

FFN
18th September 2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah it makes them rich but does it make it right? Well, being rich means they haven't been forced to merge with Tomy and have their company name vanish internationally (last I checked, the company is simply Tomy outside of Japan). Also, being rich means they can fund more product development with long-term goals in mind, which means more toys for us.

The last few TF toylines released by TakaraTomy kinda stopped at one or two unique molds.

Autocon
6th July 2009, 05:16 PM
i hate this rotf line:mad:

i bought soundwave and realised he is missing a lil blue thing from his leg, feel stupid for not seeing it in store:(:mad::mad::mad:

discuss the q/c issues you have expereinced or find while searching for tfs

thinking a petition for hasbro!!!

kup
6th July 2009, 05:41 PM
Aside from Ransack (which didn't bother me that much) - I have not encountered much bad QC as other lines such as Universe/Henkei. From the QC perspective ROTF seems as good as its predecessor which wasn't bad to begin with.

Don't worry about a petition for Hasbro, it will not be worth the effort as they would only care if they begin to receive letters by the truck load. Simply go back to the store and change it for another.

griffin
6th July 2009, 08:18 PM
To see how bad or frequent the Quality Control issues with all TFs lines is, post what you have encountered, and photos if possible.

TF76
6th July 2009, 11:09 PM
All mine have been fine except my first "trax" mudflap. His back just won't fold properly. I think the screw is just to tight but I got a new one and I'm going to return that one. That said I think the quality is the usual standard of the past few years. I do a lot of scouting and everything has seemed to be a similar standard.

When the first movie came out, comming from G1 toys I kept putting off buying the movie line they just looked badly made and cheap to me. They grew on me and I can deal with it now and ended up enjoying movie and anmimated toys. but couldn't get into classics.

Autocon
7th July 2009, 04:47 PM
the paint apps are shocking thats my main gripe but missing parts in packaging! cmon!!

ive heard of so many q/c issues i thought this thread would have more posts:confused:

Gutsman Heavy
7th July 2009, 04:58 PM
some of mine are
Galaxyforce Green F1 mini-con with the head on backwards
Classics Prime with two right fists
Henkei Ramjet with unpainted crotch
Encore Swerve who can't stand up

and plenty of crappy paint apps on many figs!

Kyle
7th July 2009, 05:20 PM
I have been pretty happy with the QC on ROTF toys so far. I only had a few very minor problems but all have been fixed easily so I won't list them. Below is one that I cannot fix (but still one that I can live with). Two wiskers on my Jetfire had a moulding error and are shorter than the rest. :D I know I'm nitpicking here. :p

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/Kyle_Chow/DSC00167.jpg

Dylbot
7th July 2009, 05:34 PM
My Jetfire's head is really wobbly and moves from side to side. Is it ment to be like that?

Kyle
7th July 2009, 05:40 PM
I think so.

Autocon
30th July 2009, 11:16 PM
well my arm on dune runner snapped for with no force what so ever!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ANYONE WANT A DUNE RUNNER $10

jaydisc
31st July 2009, 09:59 AM
You mean a broken Dune Runner for $10? Why don't you return it for a full refund. You are entitled.

GoktimusPrime
4th October 2009, 10:21 AM
This thread is for the discussion of any kind of quality concerns regarding a Transformer product.

Here's my latest story...

Product: Hasbro's Universe Hot Shot.
Concern: Rear left panel; miscoloured fenders, lack of detail on licence plate

Photos:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/universe_jaam.jpg
The toy should have a blue-green fender all around the car mode. However for some odd reason the fender bits are silver on the rear right panel. Furthermore, the licence plate which I believe should read "JAAM" is blank on the right hand side (so it just says "JA ").

Another anomaly but I don't know if it's just with my toy or common with all of them is a distinct gap located underneath the right side of the licence plate. The fact that this gap is absent on the left side does break up symmetry and gives the toy a bad look.

Unfortunately this toy was acquired overseas so bringing it back to the store for an exchange is out of the question. So unless Hasbro Australia decides to release the toy here, there's not much I can do... guess I'm now the proud owner of a freak variant? :p

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_pain.gif

Golden Phoenix
4th October 2009, 10:34 AM
Looks almost as if the mis-coloured part is from a Henkei one. That would explain the gap at least

Vector Prime
4th October 2009, 10:34 AM
the fender bits are silver on the rear right panel. Furthermore, the licence plate which I believe should read "JAAM" is blank on the right hand side

I had a look at my one Gok and mine's coloured the uniform greenish blue all around and the number plate reads JAAM as it's supposed to.

a distinct gap located underneath the right side of the licence plate.

The gap is the same on both sides of mine... looks like your one is missing a piece or something?

Hmm... maybe your one was made at Beer O'clock on a Friday arvo? :D

Sky Shadow
4th October 2009, 10:35 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/universe_jaam.jpg

Um... that's really weird. That's a Universe Hot Shot that's been assembled with a part from the Henkei version. It would ordinarily say 'ROD' on the blank half of the number plate, so yours would have said 'JAROD' if it were painted. :D The gap under the licence plate is a result of the two different mould designs:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8581/jarod.jpg

BTW, I believe there's already a thread for this sort of thing here: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=111893#post111893

MV75
4th October 2009, 10:45 AM
Must have been made right on "beer-'o-clock" on a friday arvo. The guy who made it thought close enough.

This is actually quite funny. I'm still giggling at it. :D "wHy mY ShouLdeRs NoT FiNisHeD?"

Ah drat, VP beat me. I was looking it up on the net while posting to check if your toy was "unique" Seems to be so far.

GoktimusPrime
4th October 2009, 10:53 AM
BTW, I believe there's already a thread for this sort of thing
I thought so! I used the board's search engine for "quality" on thread topics, but nothing came up, and obviously because the thread uses the abbreviation "Q/C"! How elusive!

Mods please merge. :)

I also did suspect that this panel might have come from Henkei but having never seen one before I wasn't sure. Quite strange that the "ROD" is missing. So it appears that I have a Henkeiverse Hot Shod. ;p

P.S.: How do you think this could've happened? Wouldn't Takara's factory (which Hasbro also uses) have separate production lines for Takara and Hasbro products? :/

Lint
4th October 2009, 11:44 AM
This is actually quite funny. I'm still giggling at it. :D "wHy mY ShouLdeRs NoT FiNisHeD?"

Hehehe

Yeah Gok I think you have one of those beer-o-clock exclusives which every collector should be proud to have. It would have been 500% better if it actually did say JA ROD though.

kup
4th October 2009, 12:49 PM
P.S.: How do you think this could've happened? Wouldn't Takara's factory (which Hasbro also uses) have separate production lines for Takara and Hasbro products? :/

Yeah which means that Hasbro's cost cutting is even more shameless - They are likely to be paying the factory and workers the same as TakTom would but are cutting costs in production to maximize profit.

MV75
4th October 2009, 01:00 PM
?

Wouldn't hasbro be paying more then for what the end product is?

?

If that's still the case, they'd have an identical product as henkei then as they're paying the "same" for it.

Golden Phoenix
4th October 2009, 01:05 PM

Why bother. Your making pretty much the same thing for different times. They probably popped out the Takara stuff, and then got straight onto making Hasbro's stuff while the machines are still set up for the Hot Shot mould. The only changes would be the colours and the change with the rear gap + lack of guns. Or the other way around, depending on which was done first
With something like Dinobot or one of the other physically identical moulds, then its just 1 change
I think it is only efficient, and reasonable

Jetfire
4th October 2009, 01:21 PM
Hmm.. freaky but in a cool and rare way. Nice find!

Vector Prime
4th October 2009, 01:34 PM
Where did you pick up the Henkeiverse Hot Shod from Gok?

Was it MISB when you got it or was it loose?

GoktimusPrime
4th October 2009, 09:04 PM
dirge grabbed it for me while he was in Malaysia. T'was MOSC.

liegeprime
4th October 2009, 09:45 PM
Well, just keep "Jarod" as a special piece then, an example if you may to smash into the faces of anyone who may say to you... that "Hasbro has a strict quality control yadayada" .... then you can shove him in their throats while saying "there, see that feel that choke on that, then tell me of that so called strict QC BS!! You may choose to do it literally or passively:D

kup
5th October 2009, 04:12 PM
Well, just keep "Jarod" as a special piece then, an example if you may to smash into the faces of anyone who may say to you... that "Hasbro has a strict quality control yadayada" .... then you can shove him in their throats while saying "there, see that feel that choke on that, then tell me of that so called strict QC BS!! You may choose to do it literally or passively:D

I can think of one particular candidate that needs that...

Seraphim Prime
9th October 2009, 05:37 PM
Hey guys. I finally picked up my Jetfire that I had put on layby during the Target Toy Sale.

Unfortunately the instructions indicate that there's a little tab in the panel that becomes the combined modes big gun, which mine does not seem to have. I was wondering if this was the same for others.

I can't really return it, as no one has Jetfire anymore, but I have managed to wedge the gun around the axe so that it remains stable and effective as a canon. But I was hoping to see if my case was an isolated incident or a running change that didn't make it into the instructions.

rampagesss
10th October 2009, 05:00 PM
I bought this G1 MOSC Dead End from a shop here in Adelaide
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/Rampage_017/DeadEnd00.jpg

Main reason i bought it is because it is on a seald card but its missing its front wheel
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/Rampage_017/DeadEnd02.jpg

Thought it would be rare so bought it
But its proof that there have been Q/C problems since the 80s early 90s
(sorry for the crappy pics took them ages ago with crap camera)

griffin
10th October 2009, 06:30 PM
That reminds me of a G2 Breakdown toy I saw on ebay for ages about 2 years ago - it had a wheel missing as well, but was still sealed on it's card. The unfortunate thing was that it was a BotCon toy (less than 300 of them ever made), so it wasn't like it was a common toy in stores to swap it over for a replacement.

Meangreen
12th October 2009, 04:11 PM
I thought this thread might be a good place to ask about a possible Q/C issue.

In any case, I am looking to get a Henkei Prowl. Could any owners of this figure help give me a consensus as to whether the Henkei actually avoids the bad door paint issue or if it still occours to some small degree?

Vector Prime
12th October 2009, 09:11 PM
Posted by Doubledealer in the First Sightings thread:

Hasbro quality control (or lack thereof) on their packaging (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=134084&postcount=306)

(Sorry to steal your thunder DD, but I thought it's kinda funny and should be posted here)

Autocon
13th October 2009, 01:54 AM
lol reminds me of fab jolt glued back onto a deluxe card i saw:p

Autocon
12th November 2009, 01:32 AM
after looking at my thrust i see that one dcon symbol has darker lines then the other so one looks thick and the other thin:( i looked so carefully before buying it too!!

kup
12th November 2009, 10:10 AM
One shouldn't have to inspect the toy from head to bottom in the packaging before buying. The fact that we have all started doing that everytime we are about to buy something really points out that there is something really wrong there.

1AZRAEL1
12th November 2009, 10:37 AM
Well whilst I am reading this, I feel I should post something about a figure I bought recentley.

When I was having trouble finding a Skidz figure (now there is an abundance of the f***er everywhere) I bought the first one I saw. I even looked to see if he had the gold tooth and that, looked at the figure all over and thought that it was all good. Lo and behold when I get it home and before we even open him up, I notice a big long what appears to be a knife slash in the top of the roof. In the light of the store I didnt see it and only when I had it in natural light could see it, and it is damn obvious. Been half tempted to buy him again to have one that isn't damaged. And as you said Kup, we shouldn't have to check the figures top to bottom to get the one that is the least damaged/badly made.

Even goes for the ones with the wrong figure in the wrong packets, but at least the toy is fine (besides people buy them coz they are rare :p)
My folks have a bunch of Star Trek TNG where it was the wrong packet for the figure in it, they are worth money, but still it shouldn't happen.

Deonasis
12th November 2009, 12:01 PM
My Aerial Legends 5 pack 'Skydive' has two left feet. He could not transform into his black jet without modding.

Starscream212
12th November 2009, 02:14 PM
My Movie Scorpinok right Drilling pincer has never spun :(

Autocon
16th November 2009, 10:01 PM
so i was going to swap my thrust and gears parts over to make one perfect one but nO! i cant get the pieces off that i want, seem to use pins? sigh

kup
18th November 2009, 10:43 AM
Pins are very hard to remove, you can spend hours but its doable. When they glue parts togethere is a lot worse as you need to break the toy to remove it but thankfully this practice is unusual but still used.

griffin
15th December 2009, 05:51 PM
When I bought the latest three Movie Scouts while in Darwin last week, two of the three had bad paint apps.

Brakedown had 4 blobs of paint on the rear end of one door, while Wideload had a spray of red paint mist on one whole panel of the truck mode.

http://www.otca.com.au/badpaint1.jpg

I'm not too upset over this, as it doesn't affect the engineering/convertability of the toys... nor does it stand out unless you look closely at the toys. I just wanted to document it in case it was a common problem.

I'm not going to be one who pedantically scrutinises every figure in the store, looking for the best one or 'perfect-est' one, as it will just detract from the enjoyment of getting a new toy, and could even prevent me from buying one if none are 100% perfect.
They are after all, produced in their hundreds of thousands by people who are probably paid peanuts, so minor things like minor paint app flaws aren't a big deal (for me, they aren't an investment - they are going to be played with, and eventually worn with use over time). Defective figures that are missing parts or don't work properly are the issues to worry about and get replaced.

Prime_217
15th December 2009, 06:05 PM
my ultimate bumblebee is made from parts that are different colours. some are the correct yellow but then some are more orangy and it really annoys me because he looks awful when displayed in car mode so he has to stay in robot mode which to be honest is a let down.

MV75
15th December 2009, 07:27 PM
Wow, overall that wideload looks really bad. Like it was sneezed on.

Look at the drivers window. Ewwww. And the rear grey over blue. Oh lordy!

You should join us in looking over toys a bit better. :) I was lucky to have 4 brakedowns last week to choose between. :)

Oh, and that ultimate BB, that sucks because it would be very very difficult to pick in package.

Autocon
16th December 2009, 01:38 AM
red paint spray?hmm did someone loose a finger!!:p

kup
16th December 2009, 08:57 AM
I cannot forgive that level of bad QC so easily. I blame Has-Tak-Tom for it not the factories. They pay the factory workers 'peanuts' so that the toy company can get a huge cut in the profits at the expense of both the workers and the consumers with over priced toys.

MV75
16th December 2009, 04:35 PM
The factories are 3rd party contractors. They pay their own workers. Both sides are to blame.

1. Has-tak for getting the cheapest factory.

2. The factory cutting costs and corners to garnish an extra slice of profit from the contract amount.

Bottom line, the factories are to blame overall.

Prime_217
16th December 2009, 05:10 PM
i just remebered another prioblem with one of my figures... my vayager mixmaster has a problem, one of his fuel tanks that sit under the cab, that end up behind his head in robot mode, is badly bent, and it bends inwards so the figure looks broken. its minor compared to some things others have had but its still bad.

Paulbot
12th February 2010, 06:30 PM
MISB, but somehow Sideswipe's leg has fallen off!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4350967934_9f35282958_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulbot/4350967934/)

kup
12th February 2010, 07:07 PM
Must have been packaged that way or with the leg not fully 'popped' into the ball joint.

Vector Sigma 13
12th February 2010, 08:09 PM
My most recent example of bad q/c is on my Animated Ultra Magnus- His mouth doesnt move when you press his speech button. Its not a big deal- its not like my Universe Galvatron thats for sure!

Golden Phoenix
12th February 2010, 08:10 PM

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4350967934_9f35282958_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulbot/4350967934/)
Rare 'Battle Damage' varient

5FDP
12th February 2010, 08:20 PM

That's actually the second one (ROTF Legend) that I have seen with it's leg popped off. Can't recall if it was Sideswipe though...

Autocon
12th February 2010, 09:54 PM
least it has just popped off and not snapped like my dune runner!

latest is 2 pack. leo convoy missing rub sign. no bio cards, photocopied instructions. this is taktom aswell shame

langzixinxin
13th February 2010, 10:03 PM
Some of my toys have pretty smooth surface but some of them pretty rough.

"Rough" I mean, if you look closer, you will see hundreds of thin scratch lines on nearly all plastic panels of the toys and give you feel that it is made of cheap plastic.

My MP01B and amazon black ROTF prime are like this.

But some of my friends MP01B do not.

Why is this?

Autocon
20th February 2010, 04:49 PM
rotf scattershot - no screw in back of head! much like the people that monitor q/c at hasbro, have a few screws loose and fall out!!

MV75
20th February 2010, 06:09 PM
My most recent example of bad q/c is on my Animated Ultra Magnus- His mouth doesnt move when you press his speech button. Its not a big deal- its not like my Universe Galvatron thats for sure!

Don't press the button, PUSH the button.

I thought the one I got from Griffin was broken too, just needs some more force, it should be fine.

langzixinxin
26th February 2010, 10:58 AM
I had once, animated blitzwing missing a tail wing. :rolleyes:

snazzbot 101
26th February 2010, 09:03 PM
My only major QC issue was with the G2 Battle Convoy reissue. When I bought him I was in Japan at the time. Damn, I still try and drop that into conversation...

With most of the stuff I bought overseas, I was content with removing it from the packaging and trying to cram as many as possible into a parcel back home (sounds frought with peril, but only one thing - Classics' Jeffire's antenna - wound up broken). But with certain things I wanted them back home and in their proper boxes.

It turns out that Battle Convoy's box is too long to fit in the largest JapanPost shipping box, so I had to remove him.

It just so happened however his battery cover was missing. As the cover also contains a... conducting plate? (no doubt it has a proper name) the electronics would be useless. If I had shipped him back MISB he would have been useless.

So I took him back to the store - Yodabashi Camera in fact - and tried to explain my predicament. It was a bit of a chore. I know only about six words of Japanese and most of those are from WW2 movies (unfortunately Tora! Tora! Tora! is only classed as one word). So I was doing a lot of pointing and wishing I wasn't such an idiot.

But I got a new Battle Convoy and all is well.

I wish I was back in Japan...

GoktimusPrime
27th February 2010, 02:16 PM
My only major QC issue was with the G2 Battle Convoy reissue. When I bought him I was in Japan at the time. Damn, I still try and drop that into conversation...
Don't worry... I bought most of my early Beast Wars TFs from Japan and I still try to drop that into conversations... like just now! :p ;)

So I took him back to the store - Yodabashi Camera in fact - and tried to explain my predicament. It was a bit of a chore. I know only about six words of Japanese and most of those are from WW2 movies (unfortunately Tora! Tora! Tora! is only classed as one word). So I was doing a lot of pointing and wishing I wasn't such an idiot.
I'd be willing to serve as your interpreter so long as you pay for return flight and accomodation. :D ;) :p :p :p <nyuck nyuck nyuck>

Back on topic, my ROTF Brawn has a fleck of gold paint on his green sternum. But I cbb to refund/exchange him, although it'd be easy cos I keep seeing lots of him everywhere. Meh.

Autocon
28th February 2010, 01:02 AM
my second scattershot had a yellow speck on his leg. Replace leg with one i already have glad i didnt return it now:p

Dkaris
1st March 2010, 02:29 AM
Does anyone else have issues getting mindwipes knives to stay flipped back? i have his hands pushed as far as they will go and the spring clip thats meant to lock onto the knife is off on both hands by a tiny bit. any suggestions?

lcz128
1st March 2010, 07:03 AM
How far back are we going with this? Cause I have some bad ones from the past!
1) Photos to come, but back when I got the tf that got me back to collecting (micron legend Magna Convoy pack) the skateboard minicon is misassembled and has never transformed quite right.
2) I suppose everyone also has the misassembled classics superion (universe 2.0 & rotf versions both have this flaw) where silverbolts legs are misassembled and he can't bend them backwards in bot mode!
3) Henkei Convoy had horrible paint mismatch for his arm panels/front of cab (unfortunately I didn't take any photos before I painted over it)
4) Henkei Bumblebee has terrible bubbling on the car's hood (robot mode chest!)

and of course there are the usual scratches plastic panels etc you see now and again. Those are my main q/c problems though...

Funny how they are mainly takara!! I think it may be that I hold them to a higher standard.
That said, overall I still perceive hasbro releases to be of lower quality. From plastic colour choices to terrible paint apps it just devalues the quality in my eyes..

kup
1st March 2010, 10:42 AM
How far back are we going with this? Cause I have some bad ones from the past!
1) Photos to come, but back when I got the tf that got me back to collecting (micron legend Magna Convoy pack) the skateboard minicon is misassembled and has never transformed quite right.
2) I suppose everyone also has the misassembled classics superion (universe 2.0 & rotf versions both have this flaw) where silverbolts legs are misassembled and he can't bend them backwards in bot mode!
3) Henkei Convoy had horrible paint mismatch for his arm panels/front of cab (unfortunately I didn't take any photos before I painted over it)
4) Henkei Bumblebee has terrible bubbling on the car's hood (robot mode chest!)

and of course there are the usual scratches plastic panels etc you see now and again. Those are my main q/c problems though...

Funny how they are mainly takara!! I think it may be that I hold them to a higher standard.
That said, overall I still perceive hasbro releases to be of lower quality. From plastic colour choices to terrible paint apps it just devalues the quality in my eyes..

I am not sure if its still going on but the Henkei run had lots of QC issues not that dissimilar to Hasbro's despite the better paint jobs. Possibly due to both releases being made in the same factory with low manufacturing standards.

5FDP
1st March 2010, 11:02 AM

Never had any issues with Hasbro releases aside from my Universe Silverstreak missing paint apps on one of his horns (or whatever you call them). One is painted red, the other is just missing paint altogether.

christalcase
12th September 2010, 09:43 PM
the MP Starscream I got recently had a manufacturing assembly error, taking him apart at the hips revealed that he had two left hip ratchet joints, causing the right one to put placed upside down. It wouldnt matter if the ratchet piece was symmetrical but it caused the right leg to be longer than the left, so I couldnt get it into jet mode.

tinyJazz
16th September 2010, 03:31 AM
Well hey, if you don't mind I'd like to weigh in with some bothersome tfs I've had the pleasure of handling. :rolleyes:

TFA Voyager Starscream:
Forearm too loose, caused fingers to fall out with slightest movement
- returned to store

Universe 2.0 Galvatron:
silver face paint apps gave him a 5 o'clock shadow. :p

Henkei Streak:
Spring hinge loose, causes head/neck assembly to 'leap' off the figure every time it's transformed to robot.

SDCC Universe 2.0 Nemesis Prime:
Two identical fists.

Challenge at Cybertron 3pack:
Galvatron's missile missing from package.

ROTF Knockout (black motorbike scout):
Malformed hip ball joint, not ball shaped, caused leg to fall off with slightest movement
- returned to store :(

ROTF Breakdown (scout):
1st one: Malformed wrist ball joint, caused hand to fall off with slightest movement
- returned to store. :/
2nd one: Red racing stripe is a different shade of red on each leg! looks terrible in vehicle mode.

Generations Darkmount (Straxus):
Grey clip-on rocket launcher had malformed socket and noticeable stress marks - fell off with slightest movement
- returned to store.

Generations WFC Megatron:
Cannon's main firing spring was in backwards :/ it wouldn't securely hold or fire the missile. Fairly simple fix though: take out three screws, use hot water to loosen the plastic at the non-business end to get the gun in two halves. 3 springs - don't lose them! Two are really small.

Gentei Strafe:
right bicep? assembled backwards lol. Limited arm movement. Don't worry I fixed him. ;) Unscrewed forearm and pushed pin out of bicep, flipped it and reassembled.

griffin
16th September 2010, 12:12 PM
Challenge for Cybertron Galvatron - really loose chest, making it difficult to have the robot head stay up.

Challenge for Cybertron Rodimus - missing grey paint app on left shoulder.

Decepticon
16th September 2010, 03:20 PM
Powercore Combiner Mudslinger. His arm basiclly fell off due to the screw in type balljoint which was loose. replaced with another which is fine............but too scared to move him too much

1AZRAEL1
1st October 2010, 08:34 AM
Okay, time to post QC issues of the new Unicron.

Firstly, the the teeth in planet mode don't mesh together like they should, they are spike to spike rather than spike to groove. A bit silly. Maybe someone out there has the opposite to me and we can switch.

Secondly, his waist plate on both sides keep popping off with the slightest of touches. I fixed the one that was the worst, but the other one is still a tad loose.

Thirdly, the chest firing mechanism doesn't actually fire when the minicon is used in his back, it doesn't move out far enough.

Fourthly, his wings are really loose and flop around. As in they slide alll over the place back and forth, instead of staying in the one place whn you move him.

Fifthly, the minicon sits really loose on his peg in Unicron planet mode.

I'll bring him along to the meet tomorrow and show what I mean. I'll also take some photos tonight.

But these QC facts aside, he is still an absolute awesome figure.

jaydisc
1st October 2010, 10:17 AM
I have nearly all the same problem. Only one waist plate has popped off twice, but now that I'm aware, I've been able to avoid it.

And yes, similar to you, even with these issues, I love the figure. I have no intention of transforming him too much. It's a pretty poor alt mode and an un-gratifying transformation, so I'm happy for him to dominate the universe at the back of my glass cabinet in robot mode instead.

1AZRAEL1
1st October 2010, 12:24 PM
I have nearly all the same problem. Only one waist plate has popped off twice, but now that I'm aware, I've been able to avoid it.

And yes, similar to you, even with these issues, I love the figure. I have no intention of transforming him too much. It's a pretty poor alt mode and an un-gratifying transformation, so I'm happy for him to dominate the universe at the back of my glass cabinet in robot mode instead.

He will stay in robot mode once I transform him back. And a solution to the waist problem, I unscrewed the grey part because it wasn't sitting flush with the rest of the piece. Shaved a bit off to make it fit better, then snapped it into place when I screwed it back on. Now it's pretty tight.

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2010, 08:10 AM
The wings are loose on the Armada version too - but they can stay in place if you position them (and the shell kibble) in a certain way. I never experienced any of those other issues you mentioned with my Armada Unicron though, so it sounds like there's been loss of quality with this new version - possibly through mould degradation (remembering that this would be the fourth use of the Unicron mould now).

Tabias Prime
2nd October 2010, 01:02 PM
I had a issue with my Deluxe animated Bumblebee. The windscreen kibble on the back of one his legs would pop of at the slightest touch.:mad::mad::mad:

Kind of glad my wife bought me the The Legacy of Bumblebee 3 pack and the one in the pack was fine..

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2010, 07:06 PM
I don't have that problem with mine. Did you get this toy recently (in multilingual packaging) or did you get it ages ago (in monolingual English packaging)?

Gouki
3rd October 2010, 11:34 AM
My Animated Voyager Optimus has really loose shoulders. Is there a way to fix this? Is this something really common?

My TFC Megatron has a similar issue. He can't really support the weight of his cannon. I'm assuming this is because of the age of the figure. Suggestions?

Tabias Prime
4th October 2010, 12:27 AM
I don't have that problem with mine. Did you get this toy recently (in multilingual packaging) or did you get it ages ago (in monolingual English packaging)?

I bought it when they first came out.It came in the monolingual English packaging....I nearly didn't buy the rest of the series because of it, because I thought if this was the quality control, i wasn't going to buy the rest..but I gave in and bought the rest. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Bumblebee was the first one I bought from the series and its the only one I've ever had a problem with from the animated series...

Paulbot
4th December 2010, 01:21 PM
I've seen at least three Dirge toys in store, MOSC, where the legs are in an odd bent position like this

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcvvfcL9Er1qbguy1o1_500.jpg

kup
4th December 2010, 01:29 PM
I've seen at least three Dirge toys in store, MOSC, where the legs are in an odd bent position like this

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcvvfcL9Er1qbguy1o1_500.jpg

At least they are not visibly broken but it's bad for the MOC collector.

KillinSpoon
4th December 2010, 01:53 PM
I had a issue with my Deluxe animated Bumblebee. The windscreen kibble on the back of one his legs would pop of at the slightest touch.:mad::mad::mad:

Kind of glad my wife bought me the The Legacy of Bumblebee 3 pack and the one in the pack was fine..

Mine has this problem also.
I can't even put it into robot mode, because the windscreen always pops off and wont stay on at all.

Vector Prime
4th December 2010, 02:16 PM

**SNIP**

At least they are not visibly broken but it's bad for the MOC collector.

Mine's from the US and it's got the same problem (but not quite that extreme) - I've left it MOSC, so I don't know if it's actually broken or not, but it doesn't look like it.

Maybe it's something that happens whilst they're in transit and they get knocked around a bit? :confused:

LordCyrusOmega
4th December 2010, 02:19 PM
Generations Blurr
Paint Apps on hood are really badly painted.

Animated Bumblebee
Hood Kibble on leg pops off

Animated Sunstorm
Head pops off when transforming

HFTD Insecticon
Came with Oilpans Instructions

Universe 2.0 Powerglide
Arm ratchet really tight, twisted the first one clean off.

1AZRAEL1
4th December 2010, 02:28 PM
Mine's from the US and it's got the same problem (but not quite that extreme) - I've left it MOSC, so I don't know if it's actually broken or not, but it doesn't look like it.

Maybe it's something that happens whilst they're in transit and they get knocked around a bit? :confused:

Nah it comes down to the fact that they have tightened the twist ties too tight. All the ones I have seen have the same problem, but they aren't broken.

5FDP
4th December 2010, 02:47 PM
Nah it comes down to the fact that they have tightened the twist ties too tight. All the ones I have seen have the same problem, but they aren't broken.

^ What he said. I bought mine (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=194073&postcount=202) from OS back in September and it's exactly like the ones seen here.

Not real worried about it cause I actually opened him up and nothing was busted.

Vector Prime
7th December 2010, 06:08 PM
I think my one takes the cake for being "The Best Case of Poor Quality Control" thus far...

I finally opened up my MOSC Mindset that I received last week and proceeded to transform him without looking at the instructions (as I always do) and half way through I noticed something was missing.

A pic says a thousand words, so spot what they forgot to attach at the factory! :(

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae21/phuynh1979/IMG00066-20101130-2232.jpg

Definitely not happy... EPIC FAIL in terms of QC from Hasbro! :mad:

kup
7th December 2010, 06:47 PM
Generations Blurr
Paint Apps on hood are really badly painted.

I am yet to hear of a Blurr with proper paint applied! :eek:

Tallestblue
7th December 2010, 07:25 PM
The left foot of Generations Thrust seems to be too tight, so much so that in transforming him I created a white stress mark on it. Annoyed.

kurdt_the_goat
7th December 2010, 08:56 PM
I have a bad feeling that the smaller wings on Generations Thunderwing are much too tight; near the pins i can see stress marks on both already.

Vector Prime
7th December 2010, 10:38 PM
I have a bad feeling that the smaller wings on Generations Thunderwing are much too tight; near the pins i can see stress marks on both already.

Mine's the same...:(

GoktimusPrime
8th December 2010, 10:00 PM
"To the refund/exchange counter!" :D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3DoNzZIKbk)

Sharky
14th December 2010, 07:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/PC140851sm.jpg

Good

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/PC140853sm.jpg

Bad

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/PC140852sm.jpg

jaydisc
14th December 2010, 08:02 PM
That is hysterical!

Hursticon
14th December 2010, 08:40 PM
You've gotta be kidding, that's just pitiful!

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/imagesqtbnANd9GcRKfio3ADON5bfzs7GBr.jpg

Vector Prime
14th December 2010, 08:41 PM
Be thankful that they actually attached a head :p

Sky Shadow
14th December 2010, 09:02 PM
It's Action Master/Classic Pretender Legends Starscream! I actually prefer the grey head - he just needs a black face.

5FDP
14th December 2010, 09:47 PM
As mentioned in the Acquisitions Thread, I picked up Starscream today and mine has the unpainted head. There was only one other on the pegs which I checked and this also had an unpainted head.

I just assumed that they (Hasbro) decided to go with this considering there were two exactly the same. Now I'm just pissed off that I have to look for another one :mad:

kup
14th December 2010, 09:58 PM
A third party should make articulated shells for this Starscream, Legends Jazz and Bumblebee.

griffin
14th December 2010, 11:45 PM
I wonder if it is a running change, if there have been more than one sighted. And if so, which one is gonna be the rarer one and/or the more desired one by collectors?

Sharky
15th December 2010, 06:57 AM
that is interesting... maybe the painted one is the defect lol,

there was only two starscreams on the pegs at the local toys r us so will be interesting to see which will be deemed the common version.

5FDP
15th December 2010, 08:13 AM
I wonder if it is a running change, if there have been more than one sighted. And if so, which one is gonna be the rarer one and/or the more desired one by collectors?

You could quite possibly be right. All early pics of Starscream had no paint apps on his head and then all of a sudden reviews started popping-up showing him with a black 'helmet'. I remember reading the fan-rage over the initial photos and people saying that they were going to use Sharpies to correct it.

I reckon the rarer one is going to be the Starscream sans paint app as this would have been the first release.

jaydisc
15th December 2010, 08:34 AM
On quick glance, I actually thought the unpainted one was actually Megatron's head! Whoops.

kaiden
15th December 2010, 10:46 AM
On quick glance, I actually thought the unpainted one was actually Megatron's head! Whoops.

i was thinking the exact same thing.

blackie
15th December 2010, 10:53 AM

me too

Vector Prime
15th December 2010, 10:56 AM

me three! :D

griffin
15th December 2010, 11:03 AM
So did I, until I saw the trademark smirk.

Looks like the black head is the second version, as a running change, judging by the various official pics at online stores with no black.

Sharky
15th December 2010, 11:45 AM
i just went on my lunch time westfields walk toys r us chatswood had a fresh stock on the peg with one unpainted head and two painted head starscreams

so i assume it is mixed in the same case assortment as toys r us had none on the shelf yesterday

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd January 2011, 02:38 AM
You wouldn't think that much could go wrong with RPMs...

Luckily (and sadly as well I guess) this is pretty obvious.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Wootnchoo/06092010.jpg

Obviously no-one checking at factory, or K-mart for that matter...:rolleyes:

griffin
2nd January 2011, 02:50 PM
With that vandalism/tag on the side and the missing tyres - Ironhide was just parked in the wrong part of town... :p

kup
5th January 2011, 09:09 AM
You wouldn't think that much could go wrong with RPMs...

Luckily (and sadly as well I guess) this is pretty obvious.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Wootnchoo/06092010.jpg

Obviously no-one checking at factory, or K-mart for that matter...:rolleyes:

I can't believe it! Was that toy sealed? I can somewhat understand badly applied paint or a missing 'hidden' piece which you don't notice until you open the toy but this?

It's as obvious as the red butt on a baboon but the 'QC inspector' missed it anyway!

This goes to show that they just allow the factories to run on autopilot without any concern about the quality of their product - Who cares right? The store already bought it :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
5th January 2011, 09:37 AM
"We Really Do Care!" - Hasbro

Gutsman Heavy
28th January 2011, 01:24 AM
My Generations Thunderwing has the black bar that holds his chest peice put in backwards, so he can't transform into jet mode properly. Got it from RK so I can't exchange it either. FUUUUUU...

kup
28th January 2011, 01:59 AM
My Generations Thunderwing has the black bar that holds his chest peice put in backwards, so he can't transform into jet mode properly. Got it from RK so I can't exchange it either. FUUUUUU...

Take a picture of it and post it in the repair section. Maybe we can come up with a strategy for repairing it.

Gutsman Heavy
28th January 2011, 10:51 AM
I'll need to be able to remove a pin, then I can flip the part around, problem solved, if I could remove that pin >_>

1AZRAEL1
12th February 2011, 12:53 PM
Just got Wreck Gar, only to find after I transform him most of the way, he is missing a #*%$&%^ foot.

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2011, 07:51 PM
as mentioned on another thread, my RTS Perceptor had a big scratch down the left side of his face. Thankfully they let me exchange it and the second one I got was scratch-free!

Gouki
13th February 2011, 02:28 PM
as mentioned on another thread, my RTS Perceptor had a big scratch down the left side of his face. Thankfully they let me exchange it and the second one I got was scratch-free!

Why wouldn't they? It was a damaged product.

Deonasis
19th February 2011, 12:33 PM
PCC Comander HeavyTread bought with stress marks where the gun barrel joins the tank. I dont think it can be seen on a MISC figure.

Doubledealer
28th March 2011, 11:10 AM
Over the weekend I noticed a couple of faults with my Classics toys, in particular on Classics Ramjet & Generations Skullgrin.

1. Classics Ramjet - crack through left- most foot hinge

2. Generations Skullgrin - crack through right red hinge that holds the (robot) backpack to the main body

Both faults were on the exact same style of hinge and were like this after being opened from brand new MOSC packaging. I think Hasbro need to either a) reduce the size of pins going into these hinges, b) make the hinges thicker or c) use less brittle plastic, especially in these areas

Luckily this doesn't effect how the toys display but it still bugs me. :(

GoktimusPrime
28th March 2011, 01:55 PM
Luckily this doesn't effect how the toys display but it still bugs me. :(

Of course it's annoying as it could very well effect the way you play with the toys. Fortunately I haven't experienced this with my Ramjet or Skullgrin <touch wood>

Shirokaze
28th March 2011, 03:02 PM
My Generations Drift has two right shoulder joints. As a result, the left shoulder won't go all the way down in robot mode. :mad:

GoktimusPrime
28th March 2011, 06:58 PM
Go get an exchange or refund dude. My first Drift came with two right fists!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/drift_righthands.jpg
I went and bought another one from another source, then brought my first one back for a refund (they didn't have anymore Drifts there at the time anyway). Was kinda funky having 2 Drifts for a little while though... ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/th_driftvsdrift_1.jpg

Shirokaze
29th March 2011, 11:58 AM
Go get an exchange or refund dude. My first Drift came with two right fists!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/drift_righthands.jpg
I went and bought another one from another source, then brought my first one back for a refund (they didn't have anymore Drifts there at the time anyway). Was kinda funky having 2 Drifts for a little while though... ;)

Unfortunately, it's either a flawed Drift or no Drift at all at this point. Too difficult to locate another one in Brissie and it's been a long time since I purchased him. That's what I get for opening up months down the track :(

christalcase
29th March 2011, 10:10 PM
Unfortunately, it's either a flawed Drift or no Drift at all at this point. Too difficult to locate another one in Brissie and it's been a long time since I purchased him. That's what I get for opening up months down the track :(

There's still a Drift in the city David Jones if you want to grab him and then refund your defected one (price is $30 although I'd expect if you're going to refund it then price won't matter)

GoktimusPrime
30th March 2011, 09:32 PM
I got United Grapple yesterday and was disappointed with the following QC issues:

1: The head appears to have been originally black (a la Grappel) and painted over amber. Conceptually speaking this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the execution wasn't done well. First of all the paint quality doesn't look that good... it feels like some kind of water-based model paint that I would use for customising. Secondly it doesn't look like they even bothered to apply an undercoat and there doesn't appear to be enough coats of amber paint over the black head - so there's a few black spots that peep through here and there. :( It reminds me of my early attempts at repainting toys where I haven't bothered to apply enough coats.

2: There's black smudges on one of the arms. This should be easily removed with rubbing alcohol (I had the same problem with Generations Drift and was able to easily remedy it that way).

Doubledealer
12th April 2011, 10:11 PM
Ugh, one of my Generations Scourge's has two right hands...Does anyone know if BBTS do anything about QC issues in their orders or is that just how the cookie crumbles?

Golden Phoenix
13th April 2011, 09:00 AM
Ugh, one of my Generations Scourge's has two right hands...Does anyone know if BBTS do anything about QC issues in their orders or is that just how the cookie crumbles?

It was a couple of years ago, but one of my samurai figures was missing a sword. They just sent me a new one.
Well put it in my pile of loot.

It was a couple of years ago and the figure was on special and clearly low demand.
Might be different now and with a high demand figure.

Doubledealer
13th April 2011, 09:11 AM
It was a couple of years ago, but one of my samurai figures was missing a sword. They just sent me a new one.
Well put it in my pile of loot.

It was a couple of years ago and the figure was on special and clearly low demand.
Might be different now and with a high demand figure.

I wrote them this email last night:

Hi,

My BBTS Order Number: *insert order no* arrived today, thank you very much!

One slight disappointment, however, is that one of my Transformers Generations Scourge’s has two right fists (as can be seen below)! I have been waiting for these guys for quite some time and was really hoping to have a set of 3 perfect Sweeps to go with my United Scourge (representing the fallen Insecticons!). As this toy hasn’t come out in Australia (and doesn’t look like it will anytime soon, especially with the 3rd movie around the corner) I can’t exchange it locally…What do you guys suggest? Are you able to assist?

Thanks again for the cool toys and hope to hear from you soon.

and only a few hours later, here's their reply:

Hi,

I apologize for the problem! We would be happy to send you a replacement. A new order has been set up in your account for a 'replacement part' and BBTS has paid for this order. You can view our 'customer service' payment in the payment details for this order online. You will receive an email when it ships. It won't be worth the cost to send back the defective item. Sorry again for the problem!

Thanks!
Rita
Customer Service Specialist
www.BigBadToyStore.com

And this morning I received another email advising that my item has been shipped already! BBTS rock! :D

1AZRAEL1
13th April 2011, 09:17 AM
And this morning I received another email advising that my item has been shipped already! BBTS rock! :D

Wow, talk about service. Great that you get a replacement already, rather than waiting weeks for a reply :D

Doubledealer
13th April 2011, 12:35 PM
Wow, talk about service. Great that you get a replacement already, rather than waiting weeks for a reply :D

Not bad eh? And there was I thinking they'd tell me to take a running jump. :p

Now the only hard part is deciding who will be the fourth sweep (will display double handy in alt mode). Any suggestions, bots?

Vector Prime
16th April 2011, 08:51 AM
I wrote them this email last night:

and only a few hours later, here's their reply:

Not bad eh? And there was I thinking they'd tell me to take a running jump. :p

Wow! Sounds much better than RK's level of customer service.

Deonasis
21st April 2011, 04:53 PM
Now the only hard part is deciding who will be the fourth sweep (will display double handy in alt mode). Any suggestions, bots?
Drift, Lugnut or Overlord depending on your definition of awesome. Work out a simply story arc to fit in the TF canon about how they were once a sweep. Easy. Maybe also Erector, he is flavour of the month.

jaydisc
21st April 2011, 08:00 PM
Nice service.

griffin
22nd July 2011, 11:27 AM
Received this yesterday, and it was sealed in its packaging (in jet mode).

I just can't put my finger on it, but something just doesn't look right...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/defect2.jpg

Unfortunately, this is from a wave that was not released here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=256288&postcount=2), so I may not have much luck contacting Hasbro AUS for a replacement part. :(

kurdt_the_goat
22nd July 2011, 01:27 PM
Damn, you literally could not put your finger on it since it ain't there!

Hursticon
15th August 2011, 09:25 PM
This was an utterly saddening revelation for me :(, but I feel my unluckiness will serve in some well needed education :o:

Beast Wars/Machines Mutants Soundwave is Utterly Littered with Gold/Brown Plastic Syndrome!

Let me highlight the Golden ways...

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/MutantsSoundwave01-1.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/MutantsSoundwave02-1.jpg

Everything else is weak Brown plastic except for the tail which is a rather flexible plastic and is probably the safest and strongest part of this figure. :confused:
One of my figure's hind feet have already sheered off at the ankle joint (Highlighted) so; Buyers Beware! :cool:

Autocon
17th August 2011, 11:21 PM
can we have some alt mode pics if not to fragile?:o

SharkyMcShark
18th August 2011, 12:57 AM
MP Hot Rod (Hasbro)

The arm pipes (that become the front part of the exhaust pipes in car mode) on some samples see both arms have the same side piece.

Essentially this means that in car mode one side will line up properly but the other side won't.

Basically the the exhaust on both sides in car mode should look (very roughly) like this: __/----, but if you've got this factory defect one side will look like this: ----\----. When you're picking out one at TRU just make sure that both sets of arm pipes bow in the same direction.

I'm posting this here because after having a root around the internet it seems I'm not the only one with this problem.

Also I need a camera because my descriptive powers are horrid.

Hursticon
18th August 2011, 09:15 PM
can we have some alt mode pics if not to fragile?:o

It'll be my pleasure mate as I know you're after this figure also, just give me a little time to get the photos done dude; I'll probably get them up on the weekend. ;):)

Hursticon
20th August 2011, 10:03 AM
Following up with Autocon's request:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/MutantsSoundwave04-1.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/MutantsSoundwave03-1.jpg

Autocon
20th August 2011, 03:41 PM
one of the beter ones i think

Sky Shadow
20th August 2011, 11:38 PM
This is another reason why I wish they hadn't cancelled the repaint of Mutant Beast Soundwave.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5468/soundwave.gif

Moulds I want that only exist with GPS are annoying.

Hursticon
21st August 2011, 10:10 AM
This is another reason why I wish they hadn't cancelled the repaint of Mutant Beast Soundwave.

*snip*

Moulds I want that only exist with GPS are annoying.

Aww Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUYaosyR4bE&ob=av3e)! :(
I want a B'Boom Soundwave! :(

Autocon
10th September 2011, 12:40 AM
Bought SW clone Cody tank for my cousin and the firing mechanism didn't work straight out of the packaging!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

griffin
5th August 2012, 08:23 PM
The new Marvel Avengers Ironman toy.
Straight out of the box, the right foot looked a little out of alignment next to the other one, so I wiggle it to straighten it up....

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/530.jpg

...the foot comes off because there is no pin.

Since it isn't bought locally, or even released here, it can't be swapped over for another one. The foot stays in okay anyway... and if I really get the urge, I'm sure I can fix it with something else as a pin.

griffin
5th May 2013, 01:42 AM
Got the Generations Springer today, and it suffers from some dodgy construction.
One of the tailfins on the back of the feet has the pin pushed through the plastic NEXT to the hole where it is supposed to be.
The arrow on the left is where the pin goes in, and the arrow on the right is where it was supposed to go.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/a601.jpg

As such, it is all loose and out of alignment. It doesn't affect the transformation, and can be ignored, but it is annoying. Especially when you consider that I bought two (one for someone else), and I opened up the faulty one for myself.

GoktimusPrime
5th May 2013, 08:38 AM
As such, it is all loose and out of alignment. It doesn't affect the transformation, and can be ignored, but it is annoying. Especially when you consider that I bought two (one for someone else), and I opened up the faulty one for myself.
Murphy's Law. ;)

My TFPRiD Ultra Magnus has a big silver smudge on his chin. I've tried rubbing it with rubbing alcohol, but with no affect so far. gamblor916 reckons I should just keep persisting. It's odd... other times when I've had this problem the rubbing alcohol takes it right off, but this time it's being one stubborn SOB! :(

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/prime_ultramagnus_smudge_zps8d793bbe.jpg

M-bot
5th May 2013, 08:48 PM
Murphy's Law. ;)

My TFPRiD Ultra Magnus has a big silver smudge on his chin. I've tried rubbing it with rubbing alcohol, but with no affect so far. gamblor916 reckons I should just keep persisting. It's odd... other times when I've had this problem the rubbing alcohol takes it right off, but this time it's being one stubborn SOB! :(

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/prime_ultramagnus_smudge_zps8d793bbe.jpg

Magnus appears particularly annoyed about it too :p;)

GoktimusPrime
5th May 2013, 09:00 PM
Oh yeah, the inconsistency is driving him absolutely MENTAL! ;)
Anyway, I gave it another go this morning. Doused another cotton tip with rubbing alcohol and rubbed away - nothing. Then I took a make-up removal pad, put some rubbing alcohol on it, then put my finger nail behind it to scratch at the smudge. I had to give it a really good solid scratch, but the sucker FINALLY came off! Guh... that was one helluva stubborn smudge!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/prime_ultramagnus_smudge_alco_zps6c2c949e.jpg

5FDP
6th May 2013, 08:40 AM
^ HA! Blemish cream for Transformers. Now I've seen everything :p

griffin
25th May 2013, 08:54 PM
As pointed out by Goktimus at the recent Parra Fair, my South American Gen1 AM Radio Bot (looks a little like Blaster) has two left fists.... while my Gari-Robo Kan (transforms into an iceblock - the chocolate version) has two right fists. :(

Looks like QC problems have been spanning the generations of Transformers.

griffin
22nd August 2013, 10:15 PM
Buying the red version of the South American Gen1 AM Radio Bot, I think the fists are randomly picked from an assembly line and attached to the toys, as my red one has a right and left hand, but on the wrong arms.

But today, I got some Construct-Bots, and my Starscream has a half painted head...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/a724.jpg

Looks like some post-apocalyptic punk look... with half a head shaved and coloured. :p

griffin
23rd August 2013, 02:13 AM
Checking online, it looks like this is with all Starscreams, so is an odd factory error... as it doesn't seem to be intentional, because there is nothing mentioned to say it was meant to be like that.

1AZRAEL1
23rd August 2013, 04:32 AM
Should mention that one of my botcon seekers has a loose wing. Right at the part where it connects to the part that moves in transformation. If I don't tranform that wing right at the joint, it feels like it will pop out or snap.

I just chalk it down to mold degradation.

GoktimusPrime
3rd October 2013, 12:08 AM
My MP Acid Storm has a v loose r wing. Not sure if cbb 2 exchange

GoktimusPrime
16th May 2014, 07:07 PM
50% of the AoE toys that I've purchased this month have had QC issues.
+ Slug <--- dodgy elbow; exchanged toy
+ Scorn <--- no problems
+ Crosshairs <--- dodgy side panels; bought another one, refunded faulty one
+ Bumblebee <--- no problems
+ Evasion Optimus Prime <--- loose right elbow
+ Voyager Grimlock <--- no problems (other than being a crap toy :p)

DELTAprime
16th May 2014, 08:03 PM
50% of the AoE toys that I've purchased this month have had QC issues.
+ Slug <--- dodgy elbow; exchanged toy
+ Scorn <--- no problems
+ Crosshairs <--- dodgy side panels; bought another one, refunded faulty one
+ Bumblebee <--- no problems
+ Evasion Optimus Prime <--- loose right elbow
+ Voyager Grimlock <--- no problems (other than being a crap toy :p)

Thats almost TFA wave 1 frequency of QC issues. :p

ILikeSoundwave
7th June 2014, 09:49 PM
Ugh. Just opened the new Kreon wave and I accidentally got a extra Trypticon instead of a Mindwipe.

griffin
23rd October 2014, 06:37 PM
The left arm of my Generations Legends Cliffjumper is faulty. The black elbow ball joint is too large (or the socket is too small), so it won't stay in the red elbow socket... and has caused stress marks from forcing it.
I had to sand down the ball, but it still isn't a good fit, and one of the stress marks looks like a crack now. :(

Golden Phoenix
17th November 2014, 12:32 PM
Just got Windblade. Nice figure, but she has 2 right shoulder pads. Anyone get one with 2 left shoulder pads?

nelo_esper
21st November 2014, 09:25 PM
Phoenix. Is that the right while facing windblade or from her perspective? I have two of the same as well, (left side facing her). If so I'm up to swap them. Thanks.

Golden Phoenix
22nd November 2014, 12:23 AM
Phoenix. Is that the right while facing windblade or from her perspective? I have two of the same as well, (left side facing her). If so I'm up to swap them. Thanks.

It is right if you facing her, or her left.

nelo_esper
22nd November 2014, 10:05 AM
It is right if you facing her, or her left.

In that case I have two of the other pad. PM me to set up a swap if you like.
(Joined forum just for potential swap so the board won't allow me to PM you myself). Thanks.

griffin
22nd November 2014, 12:34 PM
You'll need to post up an email address for GP to contact you. It can then be deleted when he contacts you.

Golden Phoenix
22nd November 2014, 10:11 PM
I'll send you an email

griffin
3rd December 2014, 09:28 PM
Is this irony?
I try to avoid buying the Gaia Unicron & Optimus 2-pack for 11 months, until it became too cheap to refuse it... and when I get it out of packaging and transform it, a small part on Optimus is missing. A fold-over flap on one of the shoulders is missing. :(
Lucky it isn't obvious in either mode, and that it was basically only about $16 for a Voyager.
Still annoying though, as it spoils a really flashy toy with a nice metallic deco.

jaydisc
3rd December 2014, 09:29 PM
Isn't this the beauty of buying at retail? Take it back!

griffin
4th December 2014, 12:35 AM
Ordinarily, yes, this would be a great benefit of buying domestically.
Unfortunately this wasn't in stores anymore, and it's now out of stock online.

I did buy another two to make up the free shipping, so I might just have to crack open one of those and swap out Optimus... and then sit on it long enough for its value to go up enough to offset the opened and flawed toy.

jaydisc
4th December 2014, 06:46 AM

I did buy another two to make up the free shipping, so I might just have to crack open one of those and swap out Optimus... and then sit on it long enough for its value to go up enough to offset the opened and flawed toy.

Why wouldn't you just return the defective one?

griffin
4th December 2014, 12:36 PM
Meh, too much hassle for just $33... which I should be able to easily make back later, either together in-box and noted as flawed, or separately with Unicron selling for a lot more than Optimus.

jaydisc
4th December 2014, 01:00 PM
I don't understand this philosophy. We're toy collectors; we're in the shops all the time. How else can the manufacturers get feedback that their quality assurance needs addressing?

Too each their own I guess.

griffin
4th December 2014, 01:32 PM
Toy companies like Hasbro have shown that they don't care about quality issues once it is in Retailers hands, leaving it up to the retailer to deal with complaints or returns. And with the small amount of units here of this sort of item, it wouldn't make a difference returning one.
If it was a common problem from a lot of other people reporting the same thing (one reason why I mentioned it), I'd return it to make it a more obvious statement with the larger volume of returns.
(but then, all that might do is result in Myer not taking on more exotic exclusives like this because they are the ones with the burden and bad publicity... ultimately, the most effective outcome that I can ascertain for a one-off defective item that is not missing something significant and is still worth more than I paid for it, is for me to keep it)

Deonasis
4th December 2014, 02:35 PM

Hmm.. it doesn't sound too bad, post or pm me a photo and I may buy it from you already.

griffin
4th December 2014, 03:00 PM
I'll take a photo and post it up a little later, but to give an idea of what's missing, on this pic (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/toys/images/204037-1/AM+Optimus+Prime+52.jpg) it is one of the flip-over panels on the front of the right upper arm (below the screw). Without it, the panel is still a shiny red that was flat enough to not even notice it missing. Actually, if the panel from the other arm is removed, most people probably wouldn't even know it was meant to have them. (and in truck mode, those panels are inside the body of the truck)

I still have this optimistic hope that the panel is just somewhere on my floor, even though I've already looked everywhere for it.

griffin
4th December 2014, 08:04 PM
Second from the right is the 2-pack Optimus, with the right shoulder flap missing. If it wasn't mentioned, I don't think too many would notice it on a shelf or in a group photo.
But obviously when you notice it, it's hard to not notice it.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/c342.jpg

Krayt
13th December 2014, 11:36 PM
Oh wow..... Just realised first aid from the PROTECTOBOTS 3 pck has SOFT RUBBER KNEES!!!!!!

Not like its an important structural peice or anything....

Don't see it lating very long :-( alt mode for you Mr!

Krayt
27th January 2015, 03:03 PM
I need someone to tell me if my YOTG soundwave is dodgy, or they are all like that....

So a question to those that have him.... does the Tape mechanism work properly? If mine is back all the way, I press the button and it tries to come all the way to the front position... and usually jams 3/4 of the way. Hard to push back too

ampoldj
3rd February 2015, 02:49 PM
Thanks Admins for redirecting my post to the right place :)

Anyway just wanna know if anyone has any issues or defects on their Transformers Masterpiece figures and items and what are they.

Mine are as follows:
Takara
MP12 Lambor: Bio Card looks like it has been folded in half vertical crease.
MP17 Prowl: very obvious paint bubble on hood/bonnet
MP20 Wheeljack: smudged LANCIA logo on rear wing spoiler looks like a glue residue was left that caused it then packed the item when still wet.
MP21: got two boxes one has uneven paint apps the other has flashes on the small holes of the design on the wheels/mags (all 4 wheels!)

Hasbro
MP03 Grimlock: too many loose parts. Tightened most screws. Pins i have no luck. Scratched chrome on chest. Half of autobot logo a little bit smudged
MP05 Sunstorm: 2x rusted bolts wing. Wing dont hold up in robot mode i think that is right hand side. Too much clearance between the wing part that folds.

Well that is all as of now since most of my Takara are MIB inspected only not transformed. Hopefully nothing any major problems because too much money have already been spent on this line.

lancalot
3rd February 2015, 03:14 PM
Wow ...man looks like you're having bad luck with the line ....
MP12 lambo in general got all kinds of paint issues,colour not matching ,smudge in the logo and door not aligning properly ...but never heard of a bent bio card :p....
One of my wheeljack got a smudge on his chest , and MP rumble came with two left piledriver , grimlock pretty loose as well .......but that about it...

drifand
3rd February 2015, 03:55 PM
My wheel jack had a slight dent on the tail light section

My Takara 30 anniversary had loose joints, the plastic still looked translucent grey, in fact my Hasbro version was tighter joints.

ampoldj
3rd February 2015, 04:29 PM
Second from the right is the 2-pack Optimus, with the right shoulder flap missing. If it wasn't mentioned, I don't think too many would notice it on a shelf or in a group photo.
But obviously when you notice it, it's hard to not notice it.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/c342.jpg

Wow i have to wear my eyeglasses and zoom this pic in. I noticed that Takara TF prime had lots of missing piece issues. I saw one cheap MISB Break Down before with some missing panel on its leg part. hmmm

ampoldj
3rd February 2015, 04:33 PM
Wow ...man looks like you're having bad luck with the line ....
MP12 lambo in general got all kinds of paint issues,colour not matching ,smudge in the logo and door not aligning properly ...but never heard of a bent bio card :p....
One of my wheeljack got a smudge on his chest , and MP rumble came with two left piledriver , grimlock pretty loose as well .......but that about it...

Well my 2nd run lambor looks well so i dont mind the folded bio card as of now but if someone sells it will grab it! Gotta check my cassettes parts because i only checked the paint apps and decepticon logo!

ampoldj
3rd February 2015, 05:59 PM
All Hasbro toys have an official sale date on them. When retailers receive the first case it actually says, "Do not sell until 16 September" printed on the outside of the case.

So I'd say that if you see toys being sold/purchased before the official release date then there's reason to suspect that someone's not doing the right thing. It doesn't necessarily mean the goods were stolen though - these toys are shipped to retailers in advanced but they're not meant to shelve or sell the items until the release date.

When the Star Wars Revenge of the Sith toys came out, some friends and I were in an independent toy store/dealer and the store owner had received several cases of the new figures with the words "Do not sell until April 3" (or whatever the exact date was, I can't remember) printed on every box. It was the evening of the day just before the release day, but since we were all pretty much good acquintances with each other he decided to open the cases and sell us the toys a few hours early so long as we maintained a vow of secrecy about these toys until midnight (i.e.: we can't go around boasting about them as acquisitions on a forum or something).

Yup this is true...i got boxes of DOTM from a local mall in the Philippines because i bought the entire set of DOTM deluxe on sale and it says "do not put on shelf before May 16, 2011" which is dotm release date in the Philippines then. Also i just learned that they should not be giving those boxes the second time i am buying TF Generations on sale ;)

ampoldj
28th September 2015, 08:41 AM
Just wanna update this with my MP18B Bluestreak paint app issues:
-Z emblem not centered
-Rear wiper excess paint
(If only I am not paying a 100aud I wont be complaining with these kind of QC issues :mad:)

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j400/John_Paul_De_Jesus/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspbzqyojp.jpg (http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/John_Paul_De_Jesus/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspbzqyojp.jpg.html)

drifand
1st October 2015, 12:59 PM
Mine is worse . I live with it.

ampoldj
1st October 2015, 07:30 PM
^if you have time hope you can post a pic as well of what happened to your Bluestreak

drifand
2nd October 2015, 01:42 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/330s5ev.jpg

The good part is, on reflection is harder to spot.

Jaxius._
5th December 2015, 08:59 AM
FOr those who have gotten the $20 jetfire the chrome on the handgun has rubbed off a bit where the rubber band keeps it on.

drifand
6th January 2016, 10:46 AM
http://i67.tinypic.com/97l1xe.jpg

Opened a perfect mp 11t box to find rudder point broken and nowhere to be found.

No chance for a simple glue it back.

Really hope I am not a regular of this thread.

ampoldj
19th January 2016, 11:39 AM
got MP21R Red Bee yesterday unfortunately one tyre is missing one hole on the steel wheel...im afraid this may happen since i got Yellow Bee (i returned one from TRU before with same issue)

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j400/John_Paul_De_Jesus/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszgu1tk1c.jpeg (http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/John_Paul_De_Jesus/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszgu1tk1c.jpeg.html)

drifand
19th January 2016, 12:09 PM
got MP21R Red Bee yesterday unfortunately one tyre is missing one hole on the steel wheel...im afraid this may happen since i got Yellow Bee (i returned one from TRU before with same issue)

:(

I think the "rush" to push masterpieces line has greatly affected the quality.

drifand
19th January 2016, 07:40 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/34pavwk.jpg

I am just willing to bet some people are thinking I have pure hate for takara Tomy. With that from now on I will not say much. Since people are over protective on what they collect and whatever flaws I post here is of no relevance in terms of the masterpiece line.

They are probably due to my bad luck I am sure everyone else have a good perfect toy. :)

I love the thundercracker colours, if this was a perfect toy, I will vote it as the best looking seeker till date.

I noticed that this defect is not isolated and was also on a Youtube review as is common that the legs have those stress marks.

ZoonMaster5000
22nd January 2016, 01:17 PM
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz198/Zoonmaster5000/F2E1C4FF-F306-41B8-BA75-16EED92BFD19_zpscj5qmcqk.jpg (http://s827.photobucket.com/user/Zoonmaster5000/media/F2E1C4FF-F306-41B8-BA75-16EED92BFD19_zpscj5qmcqk.jpg.html)

As I have put a more detailed post in the takara mp-11T thread I'll keep this brief. The piece that the head sits on is back to front meaning to transform him you have to remove the head then put it back on after.

Personally I believe this is rubbish coming from tt but at least it's not broken and I have zero plans to sell him and he will stay in bot mode so not a big issue for me. The next mp I get better exceed my expectations. ( hmm didn't end up being brief did it):p

drifand
23rd January 2016, 10:15 AM
I have checked, mine was installed the correct way. Meaning is a defect on yours.

Must have been sleeping on the job.

EvMeister316
6th August 2016, 09:09 PM
Hi Guys, just wondering what peoples experience is with Hasbro Australia and manufacturing defects? I just brought a set of combiner wars (Defensor) of Ebay from local seller all new and unopened. When I opened the Hot Spot I noticed the left and right hip joints didn't quite match. On closer inspection I identified that a left (front) hip jont piece has been installed on the right hip. This prevents the hip joint from rotating outwards past vertical meaning the toy cannot be transformed from robot mode rendering it essentially useless as a combiner. As the toy was not brought from a licensed distributor just hoping I won't be left out in the cold. I could propbably modify the piece with a hacksaw blade and file but this would be a last resort. If Hasbro could send me the part (likely 5c) it would be an easy replacement. Can post photos. Cheers. :eek:

griffin
7th August 2016, 12:03 AM
Hi Guys, just wondering what peoples experience is with Hasbro Australia and manufacturing defects? I just brought a set of combiner wars (Defensor) of Ebay from local seller all new and unopened. When I opened the Hot Spot I noticed the left and right hip joints didn't quite match. On closer inspection I identified that a left (front) hip jont piece has been installed on the right hip. This prevents the hip joint from rotating outwards past vertical meaning the toy cannot be transformed from robot mode rendering it essentially useless as a combiner. As the toy was not brought from a licensed distributor just hoping I won't be left out in the cold. I could propbably modify the piece with a hacksaw blade and file but this would be a last resort. If Hasbro could send me the part (likely 5c) it would be an easy replacement. Can post photos. Cheers. :eek:

Unfortunately, Hasbro doesn't offer replacements or repairs... they will tell you to take it to the retailer for an exchange or refund, who would then get a credit from Hasbro for the lost sale.
Which means if you bought it in a private sale, you will need to contact the seller about it, for a return or partial refund.

It's one of the benefits of buying from a local retailer, obviously if the item is still available, and they have replacement stock still on shelves when you bring back a faulty product.
Otherwise, Hasbro will say that it is buyer's responsibility or risk when buying from a non-retail source.

Probably the best you can hope for is a partial refund from the seller, and to locate a cheap loose figure that doesn't have any accessories (because you already have them all) to make it cheaper to buy.

EvMeister316
7th August 2016, 07:31 PM
Thanks Griffen, I would normally try to buy from a local retailer but was a bit late on jumping on the combiner wars train so no locals had stock. May try for a store credit at local Target as I have been lucky getting credit without receipt before, although that was some years ago now....Don't suppose anybody who brought local could help me out with a scan of a receipt.....? ;)

EvMeister316
8th August 2016, 12:57 PM
Hacksaw blade and file FTW :D
Managed to shave of enough of the hip joint to enable articulation. Very hard to notice defect too!

Borgeman
4th August 2019, 10:37 AM
I got MP-20+ in this shape out of the box. Very deliberate looking scratch marks on the wing, and a small abrasion on the inside corner of the other wing.
Pretty pissed off, luckily its on the cheaper end of an MP figure.
Will I have much luck if I email robotkingdom?
Otherwise, what are the chances of finding a matching gloss white and then applying a new coat successfully?
Link to a full resolution image here: https://i.imgur.com/NrllqYQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wt8ZxPO.jpg?1

jaydisc
4th August 2019, 11:50 AM
Will I have much luck if I email robotkingdom?

Absolutely. How did you pay? If PayPal, how did you fund the transaction?

Borgeman
4th August 2019, 02:09 PM
Absolutely. How did you pay? If PayPal, how did you fund the transaction?

Paypal, funded with a cc.
I'll email RK and hopefully they come to the party so I don't have to resort to disputes etc.
The little nick on the corner I would have put down to "shit happens" QC, but the scratches are a different story.

Sinnertwin
5th August 2019, 11:32 AM
That's rough. Hope RK come to the party and sort it out for you.

UltraMarginal
6th August 2019, 08:25 AM
That is rough, RK have been pretty good with customer care over the last few years I believe. can't hurt to give it a crack.

ampoldj
8th August 2019, 02:32 PM
Looks like someone has been scratching spoiler wings ever since. My MP20 has smudged Lancia logo because of the scratch...

drifand
12th August 2019, 11:42 AM
Wowee how did that got through?

Borgeman
12th August 2019, 11:12 PM
An update:

RK have offered to send me a replacement spoiler set in the mail, which I'm happy enough with. They provided me a pic so I could confirm what they had was correct.

drifand
13th August 2019, 07:48 PM
Is it easy to fix?

Tha_Phantom
20th August 2019, 10:51 AM
An update:

RK have offered to send me a replacement spoiler set in the mail, which I'm happy enough with. They provided me a pic so I could confirm what they had was correct.

I know I'm late to the party here, but FWIW yeah RK are good with sending replacement parts. I had an SS-38 arrive with two of the same side panel and RK sent out a correct replacement with no hassle.
So to anyone who ever has issues with figures don't hesitate to contact them. Glad your Wheeljack has been sorted.