PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Saleyard section.

griffin
6th July 2009, 07:36 PM
The temporary splitting of the saleyard into 2 sections has ended. All sales are to be posted directly into the saleyard again. Junior members (protoform, member, distant spark) will still be having their sales processed before they become visible, but the senior members will have their posts appear immediately (they will still be monitored though).

And please note the new description for the Saleyard:
Please read sections 12-15 of the User Guide before using this section. New sales by Protoforms, Members & Distant Sparks will remain invisible until processed by the Admin. Senior Members are free to post sales, but will be monitored.

Questions or comments can be directed to me.

griffin
11th July 2009, 01:08 AM
Had to re-write the sections in the Userguide, because I remembered after merging the two Sale sections, that I can't just have new threads approved. I have to approve all posts by the junior members, which disadvantages them if they can't post in other peoples' sales (like trying to be first to buy something).
So everyone can post in the Saleyard, including new topics.
I will have to just keep an eye on new sales postings by newer members, and remove any that fail to follow the Userguide.

griffin
17th July 2009, 01:46 PM
Also had to re-work section 12 of the Userguide, as it was starting to get a bit big and complicated. It is now made up of 5 sub-sections, with one bit changed to allow members under 16 years to buy stuff at the discretion of the seller (who must state it in their sale beforehand), but still not permitted to sell stuff themselves.

12a - Posting of sales and auctions on this forum is allowed in the sales section, provided the sale conditions are clear and you honour those conditions. Auctions and EOIs are not permitted, but you can post a link to your ebay auction.
12b - Toy dealers and online-stores can advertise here, if in moderation. Protoforms, Members and Distant Sparks will have their sale posting monitored by the Board Staff. This is to verify any odd prices or conditions, as well as to make sure new people don't just take the money and run.
12c - If you are under 16 years old, SELLING here by you is not permitted.
You must have a parent/guardian/adult-member SELL and communicate on your behalf. If you are wanting to PURCHASE from someone here, it is up to the discretion of the seller to sell to a member under 16 years old, but the seller MUST state beforehand in their sales post if they will only sell to members above that age.
12d - All purchases remain your own responsibility. If you don't know someone well enough to risk it, don't buy from them. If you do buy something, communicate politely if there is a delay. Don't start accusations or complain too soon. If patience and communication don't work, contact a third party to help sort out the problem - DON'T argue about it on this public forum.
12e - If you are selling stuff here, make sure you take the job seriously, especially if you are selling multiple items, so that EVERY step of EVERY trade is recorded and trackable. When dealing with (other people's) money, you can't take short-cuts or keep half-assed records.