PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bay 'Had enough of explosions'?

Ironhide63
9th July 2009, 09:58 AM
hehe...found this article... you've probably all seen it but i thought the last sentence was grand.
http://www.movietickets.com/news.asp?news_id=62834&fdate=6/18/2009&tdate=6/18/2009
and heres the quote...from michael bay
'I need to do something totally divergent, something without any explosions.'
Obviously this is not the real Michael Bay as he would never get sick or tired of explosions.hehe

kup
9th July 2009, 10:17 AM
He has a reputation for speaking out of his...behind.

Don't listen to what he says but watch what he does instead.

blackie
9th July 2009, 11:25 AM
i believe politicians more than that :P

Adzma
9th July 2009, 11:52 AM
Whether or not he moves away from action films does not concern me, a new director of Transformers 3 will do wonders. *Goes in to fantasy land with J.J Abrams spearheading the franchise*

dirge
9th July 2009, 01:42 PM
Kevin Smith? Sure, there'd be more toilet humour... but at least the jokes wouldn't break the flow of the movie :D

Ode to a Grasshopper
9th July 2009, 01:47 PM
i believe politicians more than that :PI'd vote for Michael Bay on a more-explosions policy platform.:cool:
It'd stop him from making more movies for a start...

liegeprime
9th July 2009, 02:14 PM
Implosions will be next:D:D

Sky Shadow
9th July 2009, 07:17 PM
"And Bay admits that if film bosses give the go ahead for a third Transformers movie, they will have to find a different director."

I don't have a problem with this.

Robzy
9th July 2009, 07:26 PM
"And Bay admits that if film bosses give the go ahead for a third Transformers movie, they will have to find a different director."

I don't have a problem with this.+1

Looks like all the bad press for ROTF might have gotten to him on a personal level!

Vector Sigma 13
9th July 2009, 08:22 PM
Looks like all the bad press for ROTF might have gotten to him on a personal level!

People either loved the movie or hated it. Might be right Robsy.

Lord_Zed
9th July 2009, 10:42 PM
+1

But Bay movies always have bad reviews this is nothing new he should be used to it by now, if it was bad press he should have quit after Pearl Harbour that movie generated badpress like no other, not to mention that great Pearl harbour song! :D

"Why does Michael Bay have to keep on making movies......."

Not that I care either way, but I'll be suprised if Bay can make a decent movie without explosions in it.

Ode to a Grasshopper
10th July 2009, 12:57 AM
A Michael Bay romance could be interesting.:D

GoktimusPrime
10th July 2009, 08:45 AM
Michael Bay not directing TF3 could be a good or bad thing - it entirely depends on who replaces him! Better the devil you know perhaps?

Paulbot
10th July 2009, 09:01 AM
Michael Bay not directing TF3 could be a good or bad thing - it entirely depends on who replaces him! Better the devil you know perhaps?

No.

Kyle
10th July 2009, 10:09 AM
A Michael Bay romance could be interesting.:D

It'll contain a lot more "humping" moments than ROTF...

Maybe slightly less explosions... and the involvement of the US military...

:p:D

SilverDragon
10th July 2009, 10:14 AM
When Bay has had enough of explosions, the world will end.

jacksplatt11
10th July 2009, 11:50 AM
No.

Haha great

Ode to a Grasshopper
10th July 2009, 12:15 PM
It'll contain a lot more "humping" moments than ROTF...

Maybe slightly less explosions... and the involvement of the US military...

:p:DI can just see it now.

Michael Bay presents Romeo and Juliet - Now With Humping and Explosions!
"Oh Romeo *BOOM!*, Romeo *BOOM!* wherefore art though *KA-BOOM!* Romeo?*BOOM*"

"What light thru yonder window breaks? T'is an explosion, and Juliet is the primer...hey, get off my leg!:mad:"

Michael Bay not directing TF3 could be a good or bad thing - it entirely depends on who replaces him! Better the devil you know perhaps?This reminds me of a brief politics discussion I had with my dad a while back. "You knew what you were getting" was his reasoning for voting for John Howard well, the Libs/Nats, but same difference in the last election, which by an amazing coincidence was the same reason I voted against him.
I just wish we'd got someone more entertaining than Rudd, if they ever make a movie of the last election it'll be called "Boring and Boring-er"...

bruticus
10th July 2009, 12:25 PM
Just out of curiosity,
but was it michael bay's idea for the college scenes or was it the writers??

and what about the plot holes in the story? who's fault was that?

Ode to a Grasshopper
10th July 2009, 09:39 PM
Both. The writers wrote it, and Bay approved and directed it.

EDIT - the reason most of my vitriol is Bay-directed is 1: I just can't get over the boy-and-his-first-car thing, and 2: it's easier to type "Bay" than "Orci/Kurtzwhatever/Bay".

bruticus
11th July 2009, 06:55 AM
Both. The writers wrote it, and Bay approved and directed it.

OIC....
so yeah, my point was that even with a different director, the movie would still have plot holes/flaws if the story was poorly written to begin with....

I'm not an MBay fan, but at least i know now that it wasnt completely his fault...