PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary line to continue into 2010.

griffin
10th July 2009, 11:45 AM
According to the SDCC website (http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci09_prog_thu.php), Hasbro's presentation will include more 25th Anniversary toys for 2010. Plus other ROTF toys not yet released.

Their presentation at SDCC is on Thursday July 23, so will be looking forward to the reports and photos in a couple weeks.

Thurs, July 23
12:30-1:30 Hasbro: Transformers 2— Want to see what's new with Transformers? Hasbro's design and marketing teams—Aaron Archer (Hasbro Brand IP Development), Jared Wade and Eric Siebenaler (Hasbro Design), and Michael Ballog and Matt Proulx (Hasbro Marketing)— present all the latest toys from the new Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen line. And get a sneak peek into what Hasbro is doing to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Transformers in 2010! Room 7AB

Kyle
10th July 2009, 11:49 AM
Please please give us Jazz, Wheeljack, Tracks, Hoist, Trailerbreaker and Grapple... :D

Deceptic_Optic
10th July 2009, 11:59 AM
Please please give us Jazz, Wheeljack, Tracks, Hoist, Trailerbreaker and Grapple... :D

and and and shockwave and soundwave and the dinobots! :D

kup
10th July 2009, 12:08 PM
and Bludgeon, Thunderwing, Topsping, Twinstwist and Scorponok

Paulbot
10th July 2009, 12:11 PM
Isn't there a wish list thread here.... (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=4896) :p

Ode to a Grasshopper
10th July 2009, 12:14 PM
I seem to recall we're supposed to be getting Wheeljack and Rhinox, can't remember any others though.

Classics Scourge please.

Adzma
10th July 2009, 12:26 PM
I seem to recall we're supposed to be getting Wheeljack and Rhinox, can't remember any others though.

Classics Scourge please.
I seem to remember Hasbro saying somewhere they were eager to make a new Wheeljack. If we get him, Jazz and Soundwave I'll be happy happy happy. :D

Doubledealer
10th July 2009, 12:27 PM

Classics Scourge please.

Scourge would be briltabulous - they can't just leave us with Galvatron & Cyclonus. And no, titty Scourge doesn't count for me. :p

kup
10th July 2009, 12:28 PM

Classics Scourge please.

A Voyager Rhinox would would ROCK THIS WORLD!

Deceptic_Optic
10th July 2009, 12:31 PM
I seem to remember Hasbro saying somewhere they were eager to make a new Wheeljack. If we get him, Jazz and Soundwave I'll be happy happy happy. :D

dont forget shockwave! ;)

griffin
10th July 2009, 12:48 PM
I guess the new Bludgeon toy they revealed at BotCon would fit in the 25th anniversary line now. I hope they show it at SDCC for the rest of you guys to see it - because it'll knock your socks off. :)

Kyle
10th July 2009, 12:49 PM
You tease. :p

griffin
10th July 2009, 01:08 PM
If they pull it off to look as good as it did at BotCon, Bludgeon will be one of THE toys on every fans' want-list in 2010.

fatbot
10th July 2009, 02:01 PM
If they pull it off to look as good as it did at BotCon, Bludgeon will be one of THE toys on every fans' want-list in 2010.

see now your just s!@#ing me! :mad: does anyone have pics of the newest wondertoy that'll knock my socks off?

sanbot
10th July 2009, 02:16 PM
oh mann classics Scourge +1111111111111

griffin
10th July 2009, 02:32 PM
see now your just s!@#ing me! :mad: does anyone have pics of the newest wondertoy that'll knock my socks off?

Sorry... that's why I'm hoping that it is shown at SDCC, so that we can at least share in what I think is a potentially amazing toy.

Lord_Zed
10th July 2009, 05:42 PM
Your getting my hopes up Griffin.......

Hope there not dissapointed.

But if there doing Bludgeon maybe they will one day make Universe Thunderwing. :D

SentinelPrime
10th July 2009, 07:08 PM

i wouldnt be able to contain my excitement, I would explode!:eek:

Lordy
10th July 2009, 08:09 PM
I want to see the big boys like the Headmasters leaders and Trypticon re-released :)

Ode to a Grasshopper
10th July 2009, 09:53 PM
If they pull it off to look as good as it did at BotCon, Bludgeon will be one of THE toys on every fans' want-list in 2010.I haven't even seen pics of it but he's already on mine, quite looking forward to full-o'-guns Ironhide too.

Sleeve
11th July 2009, 12:59 AM
Would they do a Scourge? Thought there was a rule that Hasbro can't release anything that was a Botcon exclusive.

kup
11th July 2009, 01:02 AM
Unless the toy is a nameslap and looks nothing like the character, Bludgeon is a certain buy no matter his engineering quality.

griffin
11th July 2009, 01:35 AM
Would they do a Scourge? Thought there was a rule that Hasbro can't release anything that was a Botcon exclusive.

As long as they don't use the BotCon mould in the exact same colour-scheme, they can call anything Scourge, especially if it is a new mould that reflects the Gen1 toy like Cyclonus did. Besides, the only thing Gen1-ish with the BotCon Scourge was the head, so I doubt Hasbro would release that Cybertron Mould as Scourge. It just doesn't fit the asthetic of the Classics designs.

MV75
11th July 2009, 10:07 AM
and and and shockwave and soundwave and the dinobots! :D

Soundwave - check. You remember that sdcc set with the 4 tapes included right? ;)

And bludgeon.... I don't get the hype? ???? :confused: The pretender? I just want to know what the salavation is all about, as in, what's special about it?

Verno
11th July 2009, 10:23 AM
Rhinox? How did I miss this announcement?!

jaydisc
11th July 2009, 01:22 PM

A good anti-example is the Ironhide and Ratchet which were done at Botcon 2005 based on Energon Towline and then release as new molds in Universe '08. I might prefer the Botcon ones though. :p

Zippo
11th July 2009, 03:56 PM
Can't wait to see these pictures, should be good.

Adzma
11th July 2009, 04:17 PM
And bludgeon.... I don't get the hype? ???? :confused: The pretender? I just want to know what the salavation is all about, as in, what's special about it?
What he said.

Linthart
11th July 2009, 11:06 PM
Scourge would be briltabulous - they can't just leave us with Galvatron & Cyclonus. And no, titty Scourge doesn't count for me. :p

I think hasbro would get nailed for a scourge though. All the people who shell'd out for the botcon release would be outraged. Myself included.
Naturally there would be a difference between the botcon and a general release but I still wouldn't consider it fair to double up

liegeprime
12th July 2009, 08:44 AM

Bludgeon's appeal to fans is not certainly its brick shell with a little brick tank inside of a toy. It's his character development which was shown in the various old Marvel and now IDW stories that show so much potential depth and so much more stuff that basically the character has an "it factor" that you can make him a really sought after character (and in effect) and figure. Simply put he's received major awesome PR by the writers in using him effectively, fittingly in the stories he appears that really makes the "brick" = gold. Just take a look at his price in the market simply well .... a wallet buster.;)

Ironhide63
12th July 2009, 10:47 AM

snap...if the give us wheeljack ill have to get him...postponing my laptop yet again. and if the do ironhide and grimlock...oh hell.

dirge
12th July 2009, 11:11 AM
Bludgeon does have a awesme looking shell, mind you. The toy might suck, but the idea is still good - given room to flex his engineering as a Universe Voyager, Bludgeon would be a sweet toy, even without taking the comic character into consideration.

lcz128
12th July 2009, 12:33 PM
I think hasbro would get nailed for a scourge though. All the people who shell'd out for the botcon release would be outraged. Myself included.
Naturally there would be a difference between the botcon and a general release but I still wouldn't consider it fair to double up

I think the only hope would be henkei-fication!

Cause if you think about it - eventhough Hasbro has since released Botcon characters (ironhide/ratchet) they aren't characters that are in the MAIN box set - only henkei has come along some time later with the same characters - but released for Japan- not the US market...

Either way - will be picking up those if/when they're released too ^_^

GoktimusPrime
12th July 2009, 12:54 PM
As liegeprime said, the main appeal with Bludgeon is really the character (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Bludgeon_(G1)) and he's been quite popular since G1. Both he and Carnivac 'lived by the sword' years before Beast Wars gave us Dinobot. One of my favourite moments in G1 was when Carnivac defeated Bludgeon, but refused to give him a warrior's death, instead allowing him to live with the shame of defeat. Oh, and he was Decepticon Commander in both G1 and G2. :)

The toy, by G1 standards, was also pretty decent. The shell looked cool (um, even if it had orange armour :p) but the inner robot was pretty good too - unlike a lot of other Pretenders he actually transforms into a recognisable tank! The problem with most other Pretenders, particularly the 1988 Pretenders, is similar with RotF Ravage - their alt modes were just the robots folded up and HasTak trying to palm them off as some kind of vehicle. The 1989 Pretenders, though smaller, actually properly transformed into recognisable alt modes, and I think Bludgeon's was the best of the lot! Landmine's (http://www.tfu.info/1988/Autobot/Landmine/landmine.htm) alt mode fails at being a so-called "all terrain exploration vehicle" whereas Bludgeon's alt mode is clearly a tank.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Primal%20Scream%20Photocomic/th_primalscream009.jpg (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Primal%20Scream%20Photocomic/primalscream009.jpg)

Lordy
12th July 2009, 05:00 PM
Please please give us Jazz, Wheeljack, Tracks, Hoist, Trailerbreaker and Grapple... :DAren't there a ton of Hoists and Trailbreakers out there, or are they fakes?

Wheeljack would be nice, love to have a new one to go with my old G1.

Linthart
12th July 2009, 06:20 PM
I think the only hope would be henkei-fication!

Cause if you think about it - eventhough Hasbro has since released Botcon characters (ironhide/ratchet) they aren't characters that are in the MAIN box set - only henkei has come along some time later with the same characters - but released for Japan- not the US market...

Either way - will be picking up those if/when they're released too ^_^

Yep I'd say you're right. IMO the henkies blew the botcon releases out of the water. I'd certainly accept a henkie scourge, but I'd want chrome :D

Deceptic_Optic
12th July 2009, 06:41 PM
more henkei henkei henkei henkei henkei!!! :cool:

Paulbot
12th July 2009, 09:30 PM
I find it amusing that you've said all the same things that were said about BotCon Thundercracker (amusing considering that Thundercracker and Scourge are the same being). Look to Takara to come to your rescue.

I want a Universe RID Scourge.

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th July 2009, 09:35 PM
Had a long rant about why Hasbro should still do a G1-accurate new-mold Universe Scourge in spite of this year's Bosom Scourge, but then I figured why bother and deleted it...I'll just have to rely on Hasbro being a toy company out to make maximum $$$ and hope that works.

Me still wants it, and a henkei version with chrome too.

May all your Wreck-Gar's be cheap, plentiful, and easy to find.

Landmine's (http://www.tfu.info/1988/Autobot/Landmine/landmine.htm) alt mode fails at being a so-called "all terrain exploration vehicle"Transforms from robot to Yoga master and back! Wish I had a girlfriend who could do that (besides the Exorcist-head bit, that'd be kinda off-putting).

Kyle
12th July 2009, 10:07 PM
I want a Universe RID Scourge.

I display my Universe Nemesis Prime next to Universe Onslaught as a homage to RID Scourge and RID Mega-Octane. :D

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/Kyle_Chow/DSC00188-2.jpg

Lord_Zed
12th July 2009, 10:18 PM
Bludgeon's appeal to fans is not certainly its brick shell with a little brick tank inside of a toy. It's his character development which was shown in the various old Marvel and now IDW stories that show so much potential depth and so much more stuff that basically the character has an "it factor" that you can make him a really sought after character (and in effect) and figure. Simply put he's received major awesome PR by the writers in using him effectively, fittingly in the stories he appears that really makes the "brick" = gold. Just take a look at his price in the market simply well .... a wallet buster.;)

And he looks a bit like Skeletor! :D

Robzy
12th July 2009, 10:48 PM
All I need is new Wheeljack, Jazz & Trailbreaker figures. Then, with the ones we have already, we'll have a complete line of Classics '84 Autobot Car characters!

I'd like them to tackle Shockwave, Blitzwing, and Insecticons too! Hell, while we're at it, let's see more Legends Mini-bots!

GoktimusPrime
12th July 2009, 10:59 PM
2010 will be the 10th anniversary of Beast Machines. I'd like to see Hasbro commemorate that in some way - perhaps with some reissues (e.g.: Blast Punch Optimus Primal) and some new moulds, like:
+ A decent Silverbolt
+ A decent Nightscream (at Scout or Deluxe Class!)
+ B O T A N I C A!

Rattrap needs to be reissued with a retooled head - one where the visor can swing down all the way! He could probably stand to be scaled down to Deluxe Class too.

roller
12th July 2009, 11:29 PM
+ B O T A N I C A!

see, one of you gets it

Defcon
13th July 2009, 09:22 AM
I'm not a big fan of beastformers, but it would be nice to have more in the future. Crazy yeah, but they may as well have a variety of things for the line so there is something for everbody!

Dinobots, Insecticons, Predacons, I'll take you all on ;)

Headmasters and Targetmasters!

I want army building molds also based on the following - Junkions, Sharkticons, Insecticons, Scourge and the Sweeps. :D

Adzma
13th July 2009, 10:21 AM
2010 will be the 10th anniversary of Beast Machines. I'd like to see Hasbro commemorate that in some way - perhaps with some reissues (e.g.: Blast Punch Optimus Primal) and some new moulds, like:
+ A decent Silverbolt
+ A decent Nightscream (at Scout or Deluxe Class!)
+ B O T A N I C A!
But... but BM ruined Transformers FOREVER. :p

GoktimusPrime
14th July 2009, 08:30 AM
BM = Beast Machines
MB = Michael Bay

Coincidink?!?!?!??!?! (^O^)

Kyle
14th July 2009, 09:28 AM
But... but BM ruined Transformers FOREVER. :p

I'm more comfortable with BM and like it more if I treat it as an alternate timeline. :p

kup
14th July 2009, 09:42 AM
I'm more comfortable with BM and like it more if I treat it as an alternate timeline. :p

I am also playing the same denial game :o

BW was much more accused of ruining transformers forever when it was first announced than Beast Machines. Beast Machines was mostly a great disappointment for people who had been following Beast Wars. BM was a massively different change of direction to something distant not just from BW but Transformers in general. The continuity issues only added insult to injury.

However on its own, BM is still an above average series.

Sleeve
14th July 2009, 09:44 AM
BM = Beast Machines
MB = Michael Bay

Coincidink?!?!?!??!?! (^O^)

:p

Adzma
14th July 2009, 09:51 AM
Funny, I have a similar safeguard. I declare the whole thing non-canon and hide in my bed with the cover over my head until the whole thing blows over. In all seriousness though, from my perspective BM was an unfair end to the BW series.

Kyle
14th July 2009, 10:38 AM
Funny, I have a similar safeguard. I declare the whole thing non-canon and hide in my bed with the cover over my head until the whole thing blows over. In all seriousness though, from my perspective BM was an unfair end to the BW series.

The Season 3 ending of BW will stay the definitive ending of BW for me. :)

kup
14th July 2009, 10:54 AM
The Season 3 ending of BW will stay the definitive ending of BW for me. :)

And it did end fairly well despite some loose ends when it comes to sub plots.

They went back to Cybertron, they put Megatron in jail and they all lived happily ever after. The End :)

Kyle
14th July 2009, 10:56 AM
I am also playing the same denial game :o

BW was much more accused of ruining transformers forever when it was first announced than Beast Machines. Beast Machines was mostly a great disappointment for people who had been following Beast Wars. BM was a massively different change of direction to something distant not just from BW but Transformers in general. The continuity issues only added insult to injury.

However on its own, BM is still an above average series.

I wasn't uncomfortable at all with BW and loved it. BM was definitely tougher for me to take in.

Kyle
14th July 2009, 11:01 AM
And it did end fairly well despite some loose ends when it comes to sub plots.

They went back to Cybertron, they put Megatron in jail and they all lived happily ever after. The End :)

I LOVED Waspinator's fate. :D

kup
14th July 2009, 12:17 PM
I wasn't uncomfortable at all with BW and loved it. BM was definitely tougher for me to take in.

When I first heard of BW I was a bit skeptical as it was a radical change to go from mostly vehicles to realistic beasts specially before the cartoon when it was suggested that Optimus Primal and BW Megatron were reincarnations of the G1 characters.

However the quality of the toys and the awesomeness of the cartoon quickly changed that. The cartoon demonstrated that it was possible to have a completely new direction without having to ditch what came before.

Ode to a Grasshopper
14th July 2009, 12:36 PM
Funny, I have a similar safeguard. I declare the whole thing non-canon and hide in my bed with the cover over my head until the whole thing blows over. In all seriousness though, from my perspective BM was an unfair end to the BW series.That's my trick too. I can live with most of it right up until the Cybertron=originally organic bit (and the bat skeletons), and then it sorta goes down the plughole.
My solution has been to just make my own micro-continuity (the Odieverse) based around the G1 Autobots activating a Wheeljack-created Hitchhiker's Guide-esque Improbability Drive invention...neatly explains all plotholes and lets me include any characters I like into a single (mostly consistent) continuity.

Still, the Tankor saga was cool, and Strika and the drone (and Botanica too) were awesome characters.

GoktimusPrime
14th July 2009, 01:30 PM
I can live with most of it right up until the Cybertron=originally organic bit (and the bat skeletons),
To be fair, the idea of Cybertron once being an organic (and even technorganic) world is something that originated in G1. The G1 cartoon episode "Dweller in the Depths (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dweller_in_the_Depths)" (1986) actually shows Cybertron's core as being organic and that the Quintessons had conducted experiments in creating technorganic life known as Trans-Organics (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trans-Organics) (and as revealed in Transformers Universe, the Oracle itself was a shell program created by the Quintessons in an attempt to harness the power of Vector Sigma).

In the G1 comics Cybertron was not scratch-made by Primus, but rather both he and Unicron re-created existing planetoids into Cybertron and the physical embodiment of Unicron commonly seen in TF canon (The Legacy of Unicron! (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Legacy_of_Unicron!) (1988)). Later we see 'technorganic' (?) creatures from the depths of Cybertron emerge, claiming to be the indigenous inhabitants of Cybertron, long before Primus remade the world as Cybertron (On the Edge of Extinction! (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/On_the_Edge_of_Extinction!) and Still Life! (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Still_Life!) (1990-1991)).

Still, the Tankor saga was cool, and Strika and the drone (and Botanica too) were awesome characters.
By "drone" I'm guessing you mean the Diagnostic Drone (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Diagnostic_Drone)? He was a pretty cool character. :)

Lord_Zed
14th July 2009, 01:40 PM
I'll never quite understand the hostility toward the idea that Cybertron was once organic or semi organic. It makes sense more sense than Cybertron just being built by someone, and as Goktimus says there were elements of this in the old toon and comic. For me it also helps explain a bit why the hell Cybertron has oxygen although even then it still makes limited sense, like most things in Transformers.

I can see why people got annoyed at the ending of Beast Machines though, that bugged me to. Although admitedly we were so far in the future at this point that the only way to generate new TF stories (that actualy involve robots in disgiuse) would be to go back in time again.

Sleeve
14th July 2009, 02:12 PM
Gorlam Prime in the IDWverse was very similar.

SPOILER:- Started as organic, species began to 'evolve' into transorganic and finally fully robotic, and even changed the name of the planet to Cybertron.

Jetfire
14th July 2009, 03:04 PM
DINOBOTS!!

kup
14th July 2009, 03:32 PM
However in Marvel G1 it is explained that Primus suplanted the organic world it inhabited rather than evolved it. That is why the organic beings living at its core were secluded within. Although the planet itself was not build from scratch by Primus, what we know as cybertronians were.

Ode to a Grasshopper
14th July 2009, 04:30 PM
To be fair, the idea of Cybertron once being an organic (and even technorganic) world is something that originated in G1. The G1 cartoon episode "Dweller in the Depths (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dweller_in_the_Depths)" (1986) actually shows Cybertron's core as being organic and that the Quintessons had conducted experiments in creating technorganic life known as Trans-Organics (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trans-Organics) (and as revealed in Transformers Universe, the Oracle itself was a shell program created by the Quintessons in an attempt to harness the power of Vector Sigma).

In the G1 comics Cybertron was not scratch-made by Primus, but rather both he and Unicron re-created existing planetoids into Cybertron and the physical embodiment of Unicron commonly seen in TF canon (The Legacy of Unicron! (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Legacy_of_Unicron!) (1988)). Later we see 'technorganic' (?) creatures from the depths of Cybertron emerge, claiming to be the indigenous inhabitants of Cybertron, long before Primus remade the world as Cybertron (On the Edge of Extinction! (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/On_the_Edge_of_Extinction!) and Still Life! (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Still_Life!) (1990-1991)).

By "drone" I'm guessing you mean the Diagnostic Drone (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Diagnostic_Drone)? He was a pretty cool character. :)NOT LISTENING, LA LA LA LA LA *hides in bed with the covers over my head until the whole thing blows over*:D
Dweller's one of my favourite G1 Season 3 episodes, but it's been a while since I saw that episode - where does it show Cybertron having an organic core again? I only remember the organic stasis-pod machine and a bunch of rock caverns.

Yeah, the Diagnostic Drone was the one I was talking about. It still amazes me that the Mainframe animators could make such a simple model so incredibly expressive - puts the AEC trilogy to shame. And then to have Tankor co-opt it, and Megatron still defeat the Maximals while stuck in a supposedly helpless body - beautiful.

Having missed out on the comics (not a 'true fan' I know :o) I prefer leaving God(s) out of it and just having the TFs arise as a chance evolution of sentient robots - I really like the randomness of it and the parallels to human evolution. The cartoon Unicron origin story, on the other hand...*despairingly pulls the covers back over my head*

Adzma
14th July 2009, 04:50 PM
I wasn't a fan of the Tankor saga because having Rhinox willingly turn evil just felt so... wrong. He was always the calm bot who'd much rather "smell the flowers."

Lord_Zed
14th July 2009, 08:16 PM
Gorlam Prime in the IDWverse was very similar.

SPOILER:- Started as organic, species began to 'evolve' into transorganic and finally fully robotic, and even changed the name of the planet to Cybertron.

Yes I rather like that origin idea as opposed to a Godlike being or Quintesson toys.

GoktimusPrime
15th July 2009, 09:22 AM
where does it show Cybertron having an organic core again? I only remember the organic stasis-pod machine and a bunch of rock caverns.
The rock caverns were part of Cybertron's organic core. In Beast Machines Cybertron's organic core is portrayed in a similar manner - rocky. They added fossils, water (which makes sense since Cybertron's atmosphere contains oxygen) and technorganic goop.

I prefer leaving God(s) out of it and just having the TFs arise as a chance evolution of sentient robots - I really like the randomness of it and the parallels to human evolution.
That's also from the G1 comics! #1 described the Transformers' origin via 'natural evolution' (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Atechnogenesis), but it was later retconned by Simon Furman who gave us the Transformers' theological origin. :)

http://www.shortpacked.com/comics/20060804atheist.png

Ode to a Grasshopper
15th July 2009, 11:58 AM
Bloody Furman. When the Kansas school board tries pushing ID on children we get the Flying Spaghetti Monster, when it's Furman it's fine...:rolleyes: ;)

Being a comic-ignorant sod I'd just figured that was a planetoid, but rocky life huh?
Do the Rock Lords have an origin story yet? 'Cos I'm seeing one Furman could get his teeth into right now...maybe with the inclusion of an irrepressible stone monkey-god, and/or a washed-up boxer with a speech impediment.

kup
16th July 2009, 02:29 PM
BM Technorganics still don't fit with the G1 mythos. Primus completely suplanted what was the organic core of Cybertron - He did not use it at all to create life on the planet so there is no reason to say that Transformers as far as G1 is concerned had an organic past.

GoktimusPrime
16th July 2009, 05:04 PM
Bloody Furman. When the Kansas school board tries pushing ID on children we get the Flying Spaghetti Monster, when it's Furman it's fine...
That's because everyone knows that comic books are works of fiction. :)

Being a comic-ignorant sod I'd just figured that was a planetoid, but rocky life huh?
The G1 cartoon also had a rocky/organic origin story (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Dweller_in_the_Depths) too - so don't just be blaming Furman! Also, Sunbow initially thought about making Cybertron itself a giant Transformer, but the idea was shot down during the early conceptual phase.

But most importantly, both the G1 cartoon and comics showed that Cybertron had evolved past being an organic world into being a mechanical one. I think the thing with Beast Machines is that it took Cybertron back to that organic past and merged it with the mechanical present, creating a technorganic Cybertron (seeds of the future blah blah blah). Philosophically I think it's a pretty neat concept, but it clearly rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way and did not receive a warm reception at all (Bob Skir copped abuse and threats from angry Transfans long before Michael Bay!!).

Do the Rock Lords have an origin story yet?
The Rock Lords didn't even have a proper origin story in the original Gobots continuity! They just kinda... existed (and ate rocks - wth?!). Anyway, one would assume that the Rock Lords were destroyed along with most of the Gobots when Megatron inadvertantly destroyed their universe (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Withered_Hope). A small handful of Gobots managed to flee to the Transformers' universe and have assimilated themselves amongst the Transformers as interdimensional refugees, but none of them appear to be former Rock Lords. Thank Primus. Oh sorry, thank... um... atechnogenesis. ;)

'Cos I'm seeing one Furman could get his teeth into right now...maybe with the inclusion of an irrepressible stone monkey-god, and/or a washed-up boxer with a speech impediment.
There's nothing wrong with a stone monkey-god Transformer!!

Stone monkey god = Son Gokuu --> Gokuu + Optimus Prime = Goktimus Prime (Son Convoy)

s'right! :D