PDA

View Full Version : Store Exclusive Legends 5-pack - 'Straightaway Shootout'

griffin
10th July 2009, 02:08 PM
Just found this - didn't even know about it.
http://www.the-arker.com/news_show.asp?info_id=3213

It's a 5-pack of Legends figures, in a battlepack of 3 Autobots and 2 Decepticons.

Autobots - Ironhide, Mudflap, Swerve.
Decepticons - Runamuck (finally in white), Sparkcrusher.

Sparkcrusher is a new name (to me), but I hope that Mudflap and Ironhide have some different colourings to them to the regular release Legends figures, otherwise some fans will be a bit upset about doubling up just to get the other 3 figures.

It is labelled as a US Target exclusive. It is unknown at this time if we will see this here, or when it will be released in America (should be within a month or two if this packaging pic has been posted up).

jaydisc
10th July 2009, 02:14 PM
This must be that Big-W 5-pack in your AUS exclusives thread.

The original Ironhide doesn't have those allspark blue windows, so that's different. He's a great Legend. Glad to see him rereleased.

griffin
10th July 2009, 02:25 PM
This must be that Big-W 5-pack in your AUS exclusives thread.

The original Ironhide doesn't have those allspark blue windows, so that's different. He's a great Legend. Glad to see him rereleased.

Yeah, but the next wave of regular Legends includes Ironhide and Mudflap, so by the time this set comes out, a lot of people who didn't know about the 5-pack would have bought up those two cast characters, and probably won't want to waste money doubling up, even if they did have some slightly different colours to them.

I would have thought Swerve would have a regular Legends release as well, but maybe not if revealed first in this 5-pack...

And I think the BigW 5-pack listing was for the last 2, because it said 'Universe' not 'Movie 2' on the list. And I noticed a restock last month in some BigWs (as with the other July items that were being found mid-late June).

Sleeve
11th July 2009, 12:20 AM
Interesting they've used the Universe Warpath mold for Sparkcrusher. Thought they would have used Legends Brawl from TF1. I wonder if this is the first sign of Cybertron/Universe repaints throughout the RotF line to keep it going over the next year, considering half the figures due for release later this year are already out or close to it.

GoktimusPrime
11th July 2009, 08:01 PM
...Runamuck's painted like G1 Breakdown.

Defcon
11th July 2009, 08:33 PM
he is indeed a G1 Breakdown homage. Except hes called Runamuck :confused:
This set looks nice.

Paulbot
11th July 2009, 11:16 PM
Breakdown (well probably Brakedown) is going to be a scout next year in G1 Breakdown's colours.

griffin
1st August 2009, 03:21 PM
A gallery of this set has been posted here (http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=13968&extra=page%3D1&frombbs=1).

Zippo
1st August 2009, 03:58 PM
Love to get Swerve but seeing as there is a Deluxe version of the figure coming very soon, I think I will wait.

reillyd
1st August 2009, 06:39 PM
Umm, who the heck are these two on the right?

http://i3.6.cn/cvbnm/92/32/78/c8e4b5a98c59cac059fe3bec96a0acd3.jpg

They're not part of the set, obviously, so are they customs or a "future" movie pack that reuses Universe Beachcomber for two repaints?

Kyle
1st August 2009, 08:11 PM
Umm, who the heck are these two on the right?

They're not part of the set, obviously, so are they customs or a "future" movie pack that reuses Universe Beachcomber for two repaints?

Unfortunately, knowing the history of this particular poster on the HK forum, these other two toys are likely just KO's. :(

Stompy
1st August 2009, 08:43 PM
Nice pack. Not too keen on that Jazz legends mold. But the Ironhide and Sideswipe molds are winners. Especially Sideswipe. That's one sweet legends figure.