PDA

View Full Version : Megatron-Soundwave-Fallen 3-pack (store excl)

griffin
10th July 2009, 02:17 PM
These figures were shown at BotCon, but now we can see them in packaging.
http://www.the-arker.com/news_show.asp?info_id=3211

Since I don't yet have The Fallen toy, I can't say if it is different in anyway, but I hope it is, to save on doubling up just to get a Blue Soundwave (Megatron appears to be all grey (the first one was blue-ish like ice), but could just be this photo).

It's called 'Gathering at the Nemesis', but in the movie, Soundwave wasn't at the Nemesis (I guess that's the 'official' name of that place where Megatron met the Fallen and Starscream in the Movie after his resurrection).

These will be a US Toys R Us exclusive, and I think it will be at our TRU in October (but that's just a guess from that list we got from Hasbro AU).

I just noticed that it collects the 3 alien jets of the Movie Decepticons, which is at least a common theme. But 2 Voyagers and a Deluxe will make this an expensive set at TRU.

Paulbot
10th July 2009, 02:30 PM
Isn't this the version of The Fallen they had on display with the stronger red colours, or is that a different exclusive?

It would be a nicer set if they'd used the ROTF Megatron IMO.

Kyle
10th July 2009, 02:32 PM
That lava/flaming colour Fallen seems to be another exclusive... :p

griffin
10th July 2009, 02:34 PM
The red Fallen is meant to be a US Target exclusive in November.

The inclusion of The Fallen in this 3-pack is news to me, because they were only referring to this as a 2-pack at the BotCon panel and display case.

mknell
10th July 2009, 02:36 PM
So looks like all 3 are different so maybe worth getting though shame it will be pricey at TRU

sanbot
10th July 2009, 02:40 PM
Soundwave appears to be a darker blue, or do my eyes deceive me?

jaydisc
10th July 2009, 03:11 PM
shame they used Movie 1 Megs. A dark gray of the ROTF Voyager Megs would have made it much more tempting.

Zahhak
10th July 2009, 04:06 PM
shame they used Movie 1 Megs. A dark gray of the ROTF Voyager Megs would have made it much more tempting.

+1

Im also surprised they used movie 1 megs as that toy was not very popular(voyager class) but I think they went for a decpticon flyer group (all have a jet mode..sorta..and all are in cybertronian mode)

Ode to a Grasshopper
10th July 2009, 09:27 PM
Pass, would like blue Soundwave but don't want the Fallen or Movie 1 Megs. Shame 'cos I like satellite alt-modes.
Perhaps they'll do a black Soundblaster repaint sometime.

Ace
10th July 2009, 10:41 PM
It is a pity about megatron.. corect me if i'm wrong guys but in the movie (spoiler ahead) megatron's tank mode flies so it would be a flying trio still?

Robzy
10th July 2009, 10:42 PM
Im also surprised they used movie 1 megs as that toy was not very popular(voyager class) Maybe they had heaps left over.

In any case, I agree... I was excited when I heard about this set - I've already passed on the Fallen once, and I still don't know whether I should get him or not. If they had included ROTF Voyager Megs, I would have bought it for sure... but now, I'm really only interested in Soundwave.

Gutsman Heavy
10th July 2009, 11:15 PM
Meh, I'm happy with my "silver" Soundwave.

I think that megs is definitely a new Deco, not blue like the TF1 release or Silver like the Premium one, looks grey

Ironhide63
10th July 2009, 11:28 PM
It is a pity about megatron.. corect me if i'm wrong guys but in the movie (spoiler ahead) megatron's tank mode flies so it would be a flying trio still?

thats right but i believe that they were going for a 'jet' pack if anything...

FFN
10th July 2009, 11:46 PM
From what I've seen, supporting ROTF media depicts ROTF Megatron being a triple changer, turning from tank to robot to his jet mode from the first movie, but we've all seen Megatron fly in tank mode, so it's POSSIBLE that this represents a dropped scene from the movie, evidently from an earlier draft of the script.

Another theory is this is the scene from Defiance issue 4, where Megatron issues his orders to Soundwave and has a chat with The Fallen on the day of the launch of the starship Nemesis.

griffin
18th July 2009, 04:41 PM
From an asian ebay auction, the set in packaging, and Soundwave comparisson pics.
http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=259.0

griffin
7th August 2009, 12:59 AM
A gallery of the toys out of packaging:
http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=289.0

bruticus
7th August 2009, 11:59 AM
Huh? im confused...the links you gave us griffin, points to KOtoys.com which is well known for selling KO toys (duh). So is that 3 pack legit or KO?

griffin
7th August 2009, 04:34 PM
If they are a source of KOs, they are probably also a source of the pre-released stuff from the factories (which would make them a great source for toys to KO).

Autocon
13th September 2009, 02:25 AM
will these be released over here and when?

didnt get the fallen so ill just grab this:p