PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks there should be a g1 accurate head for soundwave?

primatives
12th July 2009, 06:58 PM
He was my favourite character when I was akid but his head just doesnt seem to be as anime accuatre as I'd like. in the cartton his head was more rectangular sideways whereas the toy his head is rectangular vertically if that makes sense??? Who else agrees with me? If he had a more accurte head he would look super badass! :)

GoktimusPrime
12th July 2009, 07:17 PM
Nope. The Soundwave toy came before the cartoon. Have you considered getting a "Spark Blue" Music Label Soundwave (http://www.likecool.com/Transformers_Music_Label_Soundwave_MP3_Player--Toy--Gear.html) for a more show-like G1 Soundwave toy?

Sky Shadow
12th July 2009, 07:48 PM
Surely G1 Soundwave's head is, by definition, G1 accurate - I assumed this thread was at least going to be about the movie toy. And no, I don't think the G1 toy's head should be changed to look like his character model. I've never felt that they were different enough for it to matter, and they've already released that toy about half-a-dozen more times than was necessary anyway. Rather than spend their resources unnecessarily retooling the head of an overreleased toy, HasTakTom should give other Transformers a go.

TF76
12th July 2009, 07:59 PM
I like the toy just the way he is, or rather was. :(

If any retooling could be done it should be to make him more like the G1 soundwave toy really was again but i agree he has been reissued enough.

For now anyway...

kup
12th July 2009, 08:20 PM
I am satisfied with Music Label Soundwave as a modern interpretation of the toy. I would prefer for such efforts to go to a character that is yet to have a modern toy such as Wheeljack or Shockwave.

For me, cartoon Soundwave has always been fairly accurate to the toy so I have no issue with it. It's not like Ironhide, Ratchet and some minibots who are very distant to their character models.

Gutsman Heavy
12th July 2009, 08:43 PM
I like the toy head more (not usually my point of view, I tend to prefer show accuracy) but G1 'waves head is so menacing and emotionless, perfect for Soundwave IMO.

griffin
12th July 2009, 11:37 PM
Nope. The Soundwave toy came before the cartoon.

Considering he's asking for opinions on an Anime/cartoon accurate Soundwave head, what does this have to do with it? It just means that the cartoon wasn't faithful to the toy design (as with most Gen1 toys).

Since Takara did a cartoon-accurate Bumblebee head for its reissue, why would it be an unusual request to have a cartoon accurate head for Soundwave's reissue?
Soundwave did have a slightly rounder face in the cartoon, and cartoon fans would be interested in the idea of having more of the show-accurate modifications (colours or mould changes).

GoktimusPrime
13th July 2009, 09:34 AM
Perhaps I need to clarify: while I may not necessarily agree with this opinion, I don't think there's anything wrong or unreasonable about it. Actually, I think it's a pretty neat idea - but just not my cup of tea. :)

'Kay thanks. :)