PDA

View Full Version : A free new toy!

Thanatos
29th December 2007, 10:27 PM
This will clearly need some explanation.

I work for Coles. I'm a lowly Grocery boy. As some of you know, Wesfarmers recently aquired Coles as a commodity. Now, as a Christmas gift to us (I felt special), we got a box of lindt chocolate and a $25 Gift voucher.

This gift voucher was only good for a "Coles" store, rather than any of the other Coles brand. I don't buy Groceries, so I guess this was slightly pointless... until I had an idea. I bought another gift card (Good for Myer, Target, Kmart and all others under the Coles and Myer brands) with the gift card I had. So now I have $25 to spend at any of the stores!

So this leads to my question - what to spend it on? I thought liquor but that's just too lame, so instead I thought "my employer is buying me a free transformer!"

Obviously $25 will only cover a deluxe at best without my input, so what should I buy? I collect Cybertron (and I have never seen a Cybertron deluxe anywhere but Toys R Us), and the movie toys. Currently own the following movie toys -

Optimus Prime and Megatron (Leader)
Ratchet, Ironhide, Blackout, Starscream (Voyager)
Jazz, Bumblebee (both versions), Landmine, Longarm, Brawl, Scorponok, Wreckage, Bonecrusher, Barricade, Dropkick (Deluxe)
Skyblast, Clocker, Armorhide (Scout)

So I would like some recommendations of movie Deluxes. Is Arcee any good? Maybe Payload? Give me a hot spoonful of your opinion. If the Movie Screen Battles come out anywhere but TRU I'll save it for that but I want a new TF now :(

griffin
30th December 2007, 02:55 AM
I got one of those as well (the giftcard), and was a little disappointed that it could only be used at Coles, but your suggestion of getting a 'full range' giftcard with it might be worth doing (I don't shop at Coles much anymore). If you wanted to 'try before you buy', you can check out the figures in my collection if you want. If not, I think Payload just barely rates better than Arcee. Payload's vehicle mode looks nice, but the claw(?) gimmick ruins the robot mode, as it sticks way out back. Arcee is a bit dark coloured and awkward, so doesn't rate very highly to me. Not the best two to have to decide between...

GoktimusPrime
30th December 2007, 10:39 AM
I'd go for Arcee because she was almost actually in the movie, and also cos she's hot. ;p

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/images/thumbs/2007/10/21/1362/136287.jpg

Pipesqueak
30th December 2007, 12:58 PM
I'd go for Swindle (or Camshaft if you can't find Swindle) over Arcee and definitely over Payload.

dirge
30th December 2007, 02:22 PM
Payload (:

Thanatos
30th December 2007, 03:44 PM
I might have to take you up on that offer some time griffin. Would be cool to meet you and finally view the magnificent collection you have. We'll talk about it later, seeings as we live opposite sides of the city.

I thought Payload for the awesome alt mode, but still... camera eye and stuff just doesn't do it for me. The vouchers last a year so maybe I should wait until Stockade comes out or something.