PDA

View Full Version : Orci and Kurtzman express sympathy for anyone offended by ROTF Twins

GoktimusPrime
14th July 2009, 09:10 AM
Source: http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=11986

Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, two of the three writers of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, have a message to those who were offended by the Twins in the film: "we sympathize."

They also distanced themselves from the controversy, revealing that the gold tooth on Skids was not in the script. "It shows you that we don't control every aspect of the movie," Mr. Kurtzman tells Film School Rejects.

Asked if the scriptwriters were offended by the material, they say they are not, but Mr. Kurtzman added, "I wasn’t thrilled. I certainly wasn’t thrilled."

"It’s really hard for us to sit here and try to justify it." Mr. Kurtzman continues, "I think that would be very foolish, and if someone wants to be offended by it, it’s their right. We were very surprised when we saw it, too, and it’s a choice that was made."

When asked about Transformers 3, Mr. Kurtzman reveals that the film has been greenlit, but "I don’t think anyone has any idea."

They also consider the third film as just another entry, and not as a finale to the Transformers live action film franchise.

Kyle
14th July 2009, 09:17 AM
I actually have less respect for the writers now...

"It wasn't us!"

They could have been a little more supportive to the movie's other staff and said everyone did their best for the movie and sometimes things just don't work out.

kup
14th July 2009, 10:00 AM
I actually have less respect for the writers now...

"It wasn't us!"

They could have been a little more supportive to the movie's other staff and said everyone did their best for the movie and sometimes things just don't work out.

I disagree. It has been clear for a few months now that Orci has been against several of the changes demanded by Bay throughout the production of the movie. Orci posts in the Don Murphy boards often and although he was very diplomatic about it his dissatisfaction with the direction imposed on him was evident.

A strong point was what was then called 'The Jar Jar twins'.

jaydisc
14th July 2009, 10:19 AM
At this point, which is after the fact, I can't imagine them saying anything other than they they weren't thrilled and can't justify it. To say anything else would be contemptuous to their audience.

Kyle
14th July 2009, 10:35 AM
I disagree. It has been clear for a few months now that Orci has been against several of the changes demanded by Bay throughout the production of the movie. Orci posts in the Don Murphy boards often and although he was very diplomatic about it his dissatisfaction with the direction imposed on him was evident.

A strong point was what was then called 'The Jar Jar twins'.

I didn't interact on that forum and based by my opinions on the article alone. I still feel sorry for the other staff who worked hard for the movie. It'd be nice if the writers are allowed to post the original script they submitted. Guess there's a reason why big companies don't like their staff to interact on internet forums. :o

FFN
15th July 2009, 07:51 PM
Is there some reason people STILL use Tformers for news? That Film School Rejects article was posted almost three weeks ago.

Vector Sigma 13
15th July 2009, 09:45 PM
The director does what he wants regardless of what anyone else says. I think Bay made some bad decisions that have made what could have been a awesome movie for young and old.

In both the movies there have been silly bits put in that have turned a movie that could be G or PG into an M.

Ode to a Grasshopper
16th July 2009, 06:12 PM
It'd be nice if the writers are allowed to post the original script they submitted.+1.

What I wouldn't give for the original script of TFTM '86 to have been done in all it's glory.:(

GoktimusPrime
17th July 2009, 01:49 PM
The one scripted scene I'd really love to see animated is the scene where Ultra Magnus rolls along in vehicle mode pack full of Autobot cars in his trailer, then unloads them as they transform and fight Devastator. I get excited just looking at the cinematic sketches of that scene! :D

jaydisc
17th July 2009, 02:28 PM
I get excited just looking at the cinematic sketches of that scene! :D

Are those online anywhere?

Paulbot
17th July 2009, 02:32 PM
The one scripted scene I'd really love to see animated is the scene where Ultra Magnus rolls along in vehicle mode pack full of Autobot cars in his trailer, then unloads them as they transform and fight Devastator. I get excited just looking at the cinematic sketches of that scene! :D

Are those online anywhere?

http://www.wombatking.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=4&page=1

jaydisc
17th July 2009, 02:37 PM
Awesome. ta.

STL
18th July 2009, 11:14 AM
http://www.wombatking.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=4&page=1

Whoa. I can't believe i never knew about those scenes till now. Gok's right, those scenes would've been unbelievable.

Eazy D
25th July 2009, 03:48 AM
There was another amazing deleted scene where Optimus pile drives Dirge head first into the ground just before he confronts Megatron [where the two have the 'one shall stand' dialogue]. It was supposedly cut for being too violent. Thats the reason why Prime appears to be standing from a kneeling position when he speaks to Megs.