PDA

View Full Version : Alternity Synchro-Tech - Transformers without instructions

reillyd
14th July 2009, 09:53 AM
I just read a translated interview at tfw2005 from the Generations 2 book, about the new Alternity line. I gave up learning how to transform Binartech-alternators, and just display them in robot mode. Found it too difficult, so thats why I lost interest in the new Alternity line.

But after reading this interview
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/248747-alternity-megatron-story-bio-takaratomy-staff-interview.html

I am curious now about this new "Synchro-Tech", and its inclusion in future non Alternity lines.

- Please tell us how "Synchro-Tech" mechanism was born.

Kobayashi: The product has a transformation mechanism that the vehicle bonnet squeezes in to form the robot chest, and I'd had the idea since "Car Robot" (Robots in Disguise).
In previous "Binaltech" line, the concept was to have less parting lines, so the idea could not be tried, but I decided to go with it with this product. On top of that, I thought of interlocking it with the arm extending mechanism. That was the beginning of "Synchro-Tech".
Though at the designing stage, the bonnet and the roof did not fit in the right place and excessive shift of the parts seemed necessary. I feared that might make the transformation confusing to the customers, so I thought out of a structure that puts the parts in place before and after transformation without much manipulation. Connecting those parts with a double crank worked even better than I imagined and I named the whole mechanism "Synchro-Tech". I consider that this idea will still go further, and have expectations of its development in future products. Using this mechanism, I hope to ultimately develop "Transformers without instructions".

Could someone with an Alternity tell me if it really is "Transformers without instructions", and how easy they are to transform?

gamblor916
14th July 2009, 10:04 AM
No they are as fiddlely as ever. I definitely needed the instructions for mine.

jaydisc
14th July 2009, 10:14 AM
+1

Stompy
14th July 2009, 10:32 AM
+1

The "synchro-tech" thing is only for the bonnet and is the first part of the conversion. It does nothing more than lever the arms out and form the chest, you still have to convert everything else, especially the fiddly legs.

I personally don't mind fiddly, complicated transformations as I love them. It's true that it can be quite daunting to actually convert them back to alt mode (always harder than converting to bot mode) but there's enough transformer products out there that cater for all conversion difficulties to allow the engineers to get creative with their products.

Kyle
14th July 2009, 10:41 AM
I don't think the "synchro-tech" "Transformers without instructions" idea will ever work on complex diecast toys for fans who are too afraid to put scratches on them... :D

GoktimusPrime
14th July 2009, 12:37 PM
So what's the difference between synchro tech and automorph?

Saintly
14th July 2009, 08:17 PM
So what's the difference between synchro tech and automorph?

don't shoot me but maybe "synchro tech" for japanese and "automorph" for english.. or maybe it's the licensing thing that they had to be different