PDA

View Full Version : The dentist (first time in 15 years!)

TF76
14th July 2009, 06:05 PM
I'm scared. :(

shokwave2
14th July 2009, 06:37 PM
LOL. I hadn't been for about 15 years until my wisdom tooth started aching last year. Went there, he pulled it out, told me i had strong teeth. Don't worry too much, unless you live on a diet of chocolate and cola.

Golden Phoenix
14th July 2009, 07:13 PM
I haven't been since I was 17.
My mum wanted me to get braces, but the dentist said I could because my lower front teeth were still baby teeth since there weren't any adult teeth underneath them.
After some x-rays of my jaw, he said they may fall out between the ages of 25 and 30

TheDirtyDigger
14th July 2009, 07:36 PM
I haven't been since I was 17.
My mum wanted me to get braces, but the dentist said I could because my lower front teeth were still baby teeth since there weren't any adult teeth underneath them.
After some x-rays of my jaw, he said they may fall out between the ages of 25 and 30

So you have no lower, adult teeth? That's a f***ed mutation GP.
I have one extra tooth at the back on one side (giving me 33 adult teeth) that my dentist claims is extremely rare amongst Caucasians but happens more in people of West Indian extraction. My niece and my cousin actually suffer from having a third set of upper adult teeth. Not that it's noticeable but both have required surgery for it.

Saintly
14th July 2009, 07:50 PM
my first dentist visit was when i was around 30 yrs old (gosh I sound really old) :o

loophole
14th July 2009, 07:51 PM
10 years and couting......

jgon2098
14th July 2009, 08:28 PM
last year.

enjoy

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2909/getattachmentlij.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/i/getattachmentlij.jpg/)

G1Optimal
14th July 2009, 09:21 PM
last year.

enjoy

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2909/getattachmentlij.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/i/getattachmentlij.jpg/)

I guess, i am missing the point of the enjoy bit...:p:)

But, how the heck did that happen?:confused:

jgon2098
14th July 2009, 09:34 PM
the result of excessive carbonated soft drinks... I think i had 2 or 3 anaesthetic needle shots to the surrounding gum

the pain was near unbearable...

that was the result of drilling...

Vector Sigma 13
14th July 2009, 09:35 PM
Holy Crap!

Saintly
14th July 2009, 09:38 PM
ouch!

didn't realised that excessive carbonated drinks can do so much damage... but then i supposed excessive anything would do much damage! :D

jgon2098
14th July 2009, 09:42 PM
I believe my awesome efforts over the years in brushing also contributed to the cause.

I had that photo enlarged and framed so I can remind myself to brush properly + no more soft drinks.

This lasted about a week.

Saintly
14th July 2009, 09:48 PM
I believe my awesome efforts over the years in brushing also contributed to the cause.

I had that photo enlarged and framed so I can remind myself to brush properly + no more soft drinks.

This lasted about a week.

LOL! hmmm how are you supposed to brush your teeth properly?? or not properly?

I know that there's a dentist amongst us :)

14th July 2009, 09:56 PM
ill make sure i brush my teeh tonight sir, actually ill go now

thanks

last year.

enjoy

G1Optimal
14th July 2009, 09:58 PM
the result of excessive carbonated soft drinks... I think i had 2 or 3 anaesthetic needle shots to the surrounding gum

the pain was near unbearable...

that was the result of drilling...

Sorry to hear that it was painful, As i understand what you mean by the pain of those needles...:(

I remember getting my first anesthetic needle "i think it was", to pull a Child tooth out as it was blocking a Adult tooth growing underneath after getting called out of class to go to a dental clinic on the other side of the Primary School in NZ. :(

Golden Phoenix
14th July 2009, 10:01 PM
So you have no lower, adult teeth? That's a f***ed mutation GP.

Just the front 2 in the centre. The others are all normal.

blackie
14th July 2009, 10:04 PM
Just the front 2 in the centre. The others are all normal.

unlike you :P

nettie!
14th July 2009, 10:14 PM
lol such a sook! he did great and has pretty teeth! :D

ouch!
didn't realised that excessive carbonated drinks can do so much damage... but then i supposed excessive anything would do much damage! :D
mouth germs eat sugars and make acid which eat you teeth
food acids cause erosion - main from citric acids, sports drinks etc

LOL! hmmm how are you supposed to brush your teeth properly??
you remove the food.
there are red disclosing tablets which dye the plaque red, therefore showing you where your teeth are skanky and therefore need to be cleaned better.
circular motions or flicking from the gums with a small head and soft bristled toothbrush and FLUORIDE toothpaste - as when you clean your teeth you are disturbing the plaque and then putting fluoride over the tooth surface to strengthen it :D

G1Optimal
14th July 2009, 10:33 PM

Just thought of some advise that i try and use myself ...
"Think of Something worse" and "The faster it is done the sooner it is out of the way". ;)

Saintly
14th July 2009, 10:39 PM
mouth germs eat sugars and make acid which eat you teeth
food acids cause erosion - main from citric acids, sports drinks etc

you remove the food.
there are red disclosing tablets which dye the plaque red, therefore showing you where your teeth are skanky and therefore need to be cleaned better.
circular motions or flicking from the gums with a small head and soft bristled toothbrush and FLUORIDE toothpaste - as when you clean your teeth you are disturbing the plaque and then putting fluoride over the tooth surface to strengthen it :D

OK, that's too descriptive :P just as well I'm not the one with the problem (remember I hadn't seen a dentist for the first 30 years) and the first time I saw one, it was a bi-annual clean (my wife complained that I'm not utilising our health cover)

nettie!
14th July 2009, 10:43 PM
OK, that's too descriptive :P

(my wife complained that I'm not utilising our health cover)

my mums a dentist :D

and lol at your wife! tf76 and i were just discussing what we're going to leave for health insurance to cover.. atm, making the most of healthcare card ;)

Unregistered
15th July 2009, 01:59 AM
i had four baby teeth with no adult teeth underneath. the dentist said this was highly unusual to have all four missing. i had to have jaw surgery, three wisdom teeth removed plus the baby ones all at the same time, complete blowfish

shokwave2
15th July 2009, 08:11 PM
I had a throbbing wisdom tooth because another one was pushing from under it. I didn't even feel the needle and went back to work 15 mins after having it pulled. I thought wisdom's were supposed to be painful? I guess i was lucky. Or the chosen one...

nettie!
15th July 2009, 08:21 PM
everyones teeth can grow differently - especially wisdoms.

so if there is space for it to come through and it grows straight then there are no problems.

if there isnt space for it to come through but it still grows straight then it will make the other teeth crowd.

if it grows on an angle, it will crowd

they can impact on other teeth and cause inflamation and abcesses

it all depends on how they grow

and then if and when people have to have them removed each person heals differently and has different pain thresholds etc

TF76
15th July 2009, 08:29 PM
Nettie is this a cue to upload a pic of you, post wisdomteeth?

You know the im going to kill you if I could move my arms or anything one... :eek:

nettie!
15th July 2009, 08:33 PM
Nettie is this a cue to upload a pic of you, post wisdomteeth?

You know the im going to kill you if I could move my arms or anything one... :eek:

awww please dont!?!?!?!?!?

I WAS DRUGGED :( it's not my fault! like wtf they put my glasses on me and i wasnt even awake! waaaaaaaa :(

TF76
15th July 2009, 08:35 PM
awww please dont!?!?!?!?!?

I WAS DRUGGED :( it's not my fault! like wtf they put my glasses on me and i wasnt even awake! waaaaaaaa :(

I wouldn't :D

nettie!
15th July 2009, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't :D

good!!! cos i'd cry :(

TheDirtyDigger
15th July 2009, 08:58 PM
last year.

enjoy

When are you getting it AFA'd?

Saintly
15th July 2009, 10:00 PM
When are you getting it AFA'd?
LMAO! :D

liegeprime
16th July 2009, 12:24 AM
No need to be scared, I had my wisdom tooth removed 5 years ago , never had any problems but my wisdom tooth kept bugging me with dull pain, an xray showed it pushed on my last molar's root and therefore kinda pressuring it causing the pain, naturally it had to be corrected so the dentist had to do not just a plain extraction but correct the position of my wisdom tooth and completely take out my last molar ( which put a very good struggle ). The dental assistant had to hold my head back coz the dentist said my tooth had a very good grip to the base even in one root. I didnt feel a thing while they were doing all of this , and actually was quite amused thinking how strong my tooth is:D Well it is kinda funny looking at the face of the dentist strugglingto puul my tooth out with my head following and had to be held firmly back, took them about 5 sweaty minutes just to pull it out ( again totally painless) after which they had to take drink hehehehe Sometimes it doesnt pay to have strong teeth:D