PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 prestige edition announced

Dkaris
14th July 2009, 09:43 PM
I dunno how many of you here are CoD fanbois, but if you are then this is a must see. Prestige edition comes with night vision goggles!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/13/modern-warfare-2-prestige-edition-includes-working-night-vision/

blackie
14th July 2009, 09:45 PM
snap
i need this
do the goggles work?

Dkaris
14th July 2009, 09:51 PM
apparently their fully operational night vision goggles. so they should. We better get this package here at EB, otherwise its playasia here i come, then straight to manufacturing plant with my modded nerf gun! I will have this set!

Saintly
14th July 2009, 09:53 PM
holy crap!

yeah... it's going to be "crazy stupid price" with that working night vision goggles!

blackie
14th July 2009, 09:54 PM
apparently their fully operational night vision goggles. so they should. We better get this package here at EB, otherwise its playasia here i come, then straight to manufacturing plant with my modded nerf gun! I will have this set!

haha this will be epic
my bro will get owned now
the price is going to make me cry i think tho :P

blackie
14th July 2009, 10:03 PM

modded nerf gun??
modded by yourself?
which one?

Dkaris
14th July 2009, 10:06 PM
recon cs6

stretched spring
removed air restrictor. got it at work the other day, admittedly i paid full price ($50) but i figured id see how it went and if i like it ill buy some more during toy sale when their $30 and mod em and paint em.
Also may add a barrel to it, but ive been reading mixed reviews. some say do it good accuracy others say not worth it, plus i really want to practice using my air brush so i figure this will give me the opportunity.

blackie
14th July 2009, 10:11 PM
haha im going to mod my recon this week :)
find a good increase of range with the removal of the AR?
did you also block up the bleedoff hole?

Dkaris
14th July 2009, 10:14 PM
i havent had a chance to really test it ive fired a bit and it seems to give me good distance and range. Whats the bleedoff hole?

blackie
14th July 2009, 10:15 PM
should be on the same part that had the AR in it. its only a small hole that needs a little plugging up
when i do mine int he next few days ill snap a pic :)

Dkaris
14th July 2009, 10:24 PM
thanks. im too tired to take it apart now. i had some difficulty in the beginning but it was my own error. do send along a pic when you get the time tho

Borgeman
14th July 2009, 11:14 PM
well, one for me :)

George

blackie
14th July 2009, 11:24 PM
so george, when can i preorder :P

Borgeman
14th July 2009, 11:45 PM
well tbh, on sunday (last time i worked) it wasnt in our system as the seperate editions, however i will be calling up my shop and finding out 2moror if we can preorder the big one yet (i mean it wouldnt matter for me, ill get one regardless of when i preorder, but for the masses it would be first in best dressed)

George

Saintly
14th July 2009, 11:53 PM
so who works for EB? or JB? and can find out the price?

Release Date: Nov 10th, 2009

time to save up every penny you have, if it isn't an Eyeclops rebadge! it's going to cost a decent Fort Max -> http://www.nightvision.com.au/groups.php?page=Night_Vision_Goggles or http://night-vision.net.au/Home/tabid/319/List/0/CategoryID/1320/Level/a/Default.aspx?SortField=Free3,UnitCost

Borgeman
14th July 2009, 11:54 PM
i work at eb, as soon as i know the price i will post here, though dont be surprised if they dont announce the price till september or something....

George

Trailer Park Ninja
15th July 2009, 12:20 AM
Working night vision googles? That is seriously insane :D I've played the last couple and will probably find myself getting this as well. Dunno about the Prestige Edition, depends on the price

Lock'n'Load
21st July 2009, 02:27 PM
If you want to see a picture of them they have a pic of the entire prestige edition on IGN. They look awesome but will cost a bit too much for me for one game, It's almost guaranteed for my best mate will get them so I'll just mess around with his.:cool:

Dkaris
21st July 2009, 05:15 PM
http://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox/product.cfm?id=15331&refer=productsearch

rrp $200

blackie
21st July 2009, 05:36 PM
http://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox/product.cfm?id=15331&refer=productsearch

rrp $200

hmm
i can justify this
for the nightvision goggles XD

Dkaris
21st July 2009, 05:48 PM
hmm they only have a range of 50 feet though

blackie
21st July 2009, 05:50 PM
hmm they only have a range of 50 feet though

this is not so cool
still good for stalking the house but :P

Saintly
21st July 2009, 07:22 PM
so around $70 for the NVG (hardened edition is $129.95 -> http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3/product.cfm?id=15329)

PS3 version -> http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3/product.cfm?id=15333

King Atlas
10th November 2009, 01:25 PM
Got my copy yesterday (standard). Played a little of single player and multiplayer.

As impressive as I had expected (imho). Nothing really innovative over the last 2 cod titles, but there is hell of alot more variation, especially in create-a-class, with sooo many options.

Single player is crazy-fast paced and a bit more difficult. Also a new mode Spec-ops, special missions designed for co-op but also has single player missions (all seperate from campaign).

Multiplayer maps are much larger and well I can't tell you much about them since I havn't got used to them yet and only played 3 :p

Graphics are also overhauled. Each map is much, much more detailed.

If you like Cod 4 and WaW get it. If you don't...well there's always uno :p

Dkaris
10th November 2009, 02:31 PM
I wish dad would get home with my prestige edition already. In other news.

one of the perks of working in the game and DVD section of target is seeing those joyful faces of 12 and thirteen year olds as they ask if they can pre order MW2. I love telling them that the pre order date has finished, they cant pre order it, and it they were real fans they would ave pre ordered it on time XD

The looks on their little faces like theyve just been crushed amuses me every time. =]

foor
11th November 2009, 04:45 AM
I wish dad would get home with my prestige edition already. In other news.

one of the perks of working in the game and DVD section of target is seeing those joyful faces of 12 and thirteen year olds as they ask if they can pre order MW2. I love telling them that the pre order date has finished, they cant pre order it, and it they were real fans they would ave pre ordered it on time XD

The looks on their little faces like theyve just been crushed amuses me every time. =]

LOL, are these kids dumb? You can buy the game anywhere. Unless they were after prestige. But what 12 year old could afford to put down $200?

jacksplatt11
11th November 2009, 02:03 PM
Our household should be getting it today, for PS3.. Hopefully

Jet_Raid
12th November 2009, 03:24 PM
I don't have enough money for this freaking game. I can't afford $119 :(

Why do we have to pay so much for a game?

Gutsman Heavy
12th November 2009, 05:23 PM
who would pay 119?

jb hifi are selling it for $89 on 360/PS3, $79 PC

Jetfire
12th November 2009, 05:36 PM
I picked it up for $79 from GAME price matching KMart, Dick Smith is the cheapest advertised price at $77 :)

www.ecogamer.com

Who would pay the RRP (Recommended Ripoff Price) on games.. $120.. ridiculous

Sleeve
12th November 2009, 06:02 PM
who would pay 119?

jb hifi are selling it for $89 on 360/PS3, $79 PC

My staff discount is cost price, but considering our cost price for both PS3 and 360 is $95, I'm buying elsewhere. I did the same for Tekken 6, picked it up at Big W for $85.

jacksplatt11
13th November 2009, 12:39 AM
We traded in 3 old games we didn't play anymore at JB for it

Jet_Raid
14th November 2009, 11:21 AM
I want this game SO BADLY!