PDA

View Full Version : Encore #19 - Frenzy, Rumble, Overkill & Laserbeak

Robzy
15th July 2009, 10:27 AM
According to several sources, "Cassettes Big Mission 3 Set" (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10940&mode=retail) will contain Frenzy, Rumble, Overkill & Laserbeak!

And just a reminder... Frenzy is the red one! :D:p

jaydisc
15th July 2009, 10:33 AM
AWESOME!!!! I want Overkill!

This also gives further hope to Takara releasing previously KO'd figures. C'mon Devastator #20!!!!

Sky Shadow
15th July 2009, 10:34 AM
According to several sources, "Cassettes Big Mission 3 Set" (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10940&mode=retail) will contain Frenzy, Rumble, Overkill & Laserbeak!

And just a reminder... Frenzy is the red one! :D:p

Frenzy is blue!:mad:... :p

(Oh, and Overkill! Rumble! Awesome news.)

Paulbot
15th July 2009, 10:35 AM
Please let's not start FIRRIB/FIBRIR :rolleyes:

I've skipped all the Encore tapes so far, but I will get these (and now I kind of want the last two sets).

gamblor916
15th July 2009, 10:38 AM
Awesome news! More cassettes!

Robzy
15th July 2009, 10:39 AM
Please let's not start FIRRIB/FIBRIR :rolleyes:lol... Nah - it was just a joke! :p Me likey to stir up those who hate this debate!

I can't wait for this set!

kup
15th July 2009, 10:59 AM
I want the combiner cassettes.

blackie
15th July 2009, 11:03 AM
mmmmmmmmm more cassette goodness :D

kurdt_the_goat
15th July 2009, 11:05 AM
I applaud this news, but at the same time, i wish you could buy them individually! The amount of duplicates i'm going to end up with...

Wheel-J
15th July 2009, 11:36 AM
I wish you could buy them individually! The amount of duplicates i'm going to end up with...

Hmm.. If you want, I can split you laserbeak on my set. :rolleyes::p:D

Sleeve
15th July 2009, 11:44 AM
BAH! Overkill but no Slugfest? Seriously, how many Laserbeaks do we need!?

blackie
15th July 2009, 11:45 AM
BAH! Overkill but no Slugfest? Seriously, how many Laserbeaks do we need!?

slugfest was in the encore before this one... released at the end of this month :)

Sleeve
15th July 2009, 11:49 AM
slugfest was in the encore before this one... released at the end of this month :)

Well, I stand corrected. Cheers blackie.

Pity they didn't release them in the same set, I may hace actually bought it.

Doubledealer
15th July 2009, 01:13 PM
Err, didn't they already include Laser Beak in the first set?? Surely this is a mistake and they mean 'Buzzsaw'. Hope so anyway!

Lord_Zed
15th July 2009, 01:21 PM
Nice, though Ratbat from the previous set is the one I'm really after.

I can't bellieve I sold mine, typical stupid teenager.

STL
15th July 2009, 01:27 PM
mmmmmmmmm more cassette tech spec card goodness :D

Correction

JuzMel
15th July 2009, 01:51 PM
mmmmmmmmm more cassette goodness :D
hehehe combined Melb. pre-order!! :p

Gutsman Heavy
15th July 2009, 01:59 PM
sweet, needs me some Rumble/Frenzy! Overkill is a pleasant bonus. I don't need another Laserbeak, but I'll just put him in Soundwaves chest I guess.

Tober
15th July 2009, 02:36 PM
Should I be happy or sad I already have all these? I'll go with 'happy', evens out the score.

There are no rub signs on these reissues tho are there?

primatives
15th July 2009, 03:05 PM
Whoo!! I've been wanting these!!!! This is one reissue I'm definately very happy about now I can get my hands on some minty fresh Rumble and Frenzy!! Don't really need Overkill but I dont have him so I'll take it!! Hehe already have heaps of laserbeak but who cares :)

Zahhak
15th July 2009, 04:51 PM
freakn sweet, I'm up for any perth group order for this both Encore sets. I was gonna say that I though ratbat and overkill should of been swapped around but considering im gonna buy both sets anyways dns't really matter :P

orionpax1
15th July 2009, 06:07 PM
excellent news finally get rumble and frenzy oh and overkill too.

MV75
15th July 2009, 06:22 PM
AWESOME!!!! I want Overkill!

This also gives further hope to Takara releasing previously KO'd figures. C'mon Devastator #20!!!!

Well.....

I believe that 19 will be cassette mission 3 and 20 devastator. :)

I reckon frenzy/rumble/overkill/whatever else.

I havn't seen frenzy/rumble yet and would like them for sure.

I called you on it for this one, you better hope I'm right again peasant. :p

jaydisc
15th July 2009, 06:26 PM
You did, and I do, I do.

MV75
15th July 2009, 06:47 PM
Me too. :)

Man I hope I'm right as I really want devastator, really really really want it. :)

And these tapes too. It's about time they made these guys.

TF76
15th July 2009, 07:01 PM
I have Frenzy and rumble in good condition but still I want this.

I think ill just have to get all the packs, there is always ones I have and ones I dont.

Does anyone have the pack already released for sale? :rolleyes:

Zippo
15th July 2009, 07:06 PM
This is good news, as I was sad that Overkill was spilt from his 1986 wave buddy. I can also get a good conditioned red tape.. whatever his name is.

TF76
15th July 2009, 07:13 PM
I looked, I need Eject, Rewind, Overkill, Slugfest and Steeljaw :(

All the others I have mint (but Frenzy and Rumble with repro lables)

So it's worth getting all the sets.

I still have to preorder Bruticus too :eek:

(PM if you have the first Encore set of tapes for sale)

Adzma
15th July 2009, 08:52 PM
Very good news indeed. I guess they saved the best 'til last.

Defcon
15th July 2009, 09:29 PM
This is great. I'd be interested in a Brisbane Group order. Frenzy and rumble awesome!

sideswipes brother
16th July 2009, 06:38 AM
Wasnt' the Rumble mold lost/destroyed......?? This reissue just confirms that which i have always believed that the lost/destroyed molds myth is a bunch of hooey!! If they wanted to they could easily reissue the last 3 autobot cars and the dinobots..

Paulbot
16th July 2009, 08:09 AM
Wasnt' the Rumble mold lost/destroyed......?? This reissue just confirms that which i have always believed that the lost/destroyed molds myth is a bunch of hooey!! If they wanted to they could easily reissue the last 3 autobot cars and the dinobots..

I don't know about easily, Rumble/Frenzy is a very simple toy to recreate compared to the cars and Dinobots. But it would be good I'd they did.

liegeprime
16th July 2009, 08:20 AM
Hmm Im only after Rumble, but hey, this is still very good news! Means they are now willing to retromold just to cater to fans demand. As it is quite ridiculous that KOers CAN do it but them with vast amounts of moolah (as a company) cant?.... wonderful news indeed! So bring in the Headmaster, Targetmaster, Powermaster and Micromasters hehehhe:D:D:D

GoktimusPrime
16th July 2009, 09:59 AM
Wasnt' the Rumble mold lost/destroyed......??
It was widely believed to be lost, but never officially confirmed. See here (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Mold#Lost_molds) for information on known and rumoured lost and broken moulds.

roller
16th July 2009, 10:53 AM
pffffff we dont need this

we need Enemy

Gutsman Heavy
16th July 2009, 02:43 PM

we need Enemy

e-hobby?

GoktimusPrime
16th July 2009, 05:05 PM
Not yet - but it would be a neat idea! :)

Rampage
20th July 2009, 06:38 PM

we need Enemy

i do i sold overkill & frenzy to u anticipating a release like this :P:D

MV75
11th August 2009, 11:56 PM
ON EARLYBIRD @ HLJ RIGHT NOW.

liegeprime
11th August 2009, 11:59 PM

we need Enemy

Enemy be the red and Black one right and a White and red one for Whitenoise (autobot cassette medic)... hopefully e hobby does issue out a variant like so... though it would prolly be for exorbitant prices:(

MV75
6th December 2009, 04:49 PM
Yummy.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/transformers-encore-cassettes-big-mission-arriving-in-stores-in-japan-168853/

I fully expect an email from hlj very soon.....

EDIT: (11/12/2009), shipping now apparently. :)

sideswipes brother
13th December 2009, 09:15 AM
I am so glad that they tampoed the stickers on Rum and Fren. Those two had the worst sticker peelage of the entire G1 range IMO.
All look good but maybe the blue one looks too blue??

GoktimusPrime
13th December 2009, 09:41 AM
I am so glad that they tampoed the stickers on Rum and Fren. Those two had the worst sticker peelage of the entire G1 range IMO.
<nods> I agree. :)

All look good but maybe the blue one looks too blue??
The blue on Frenzy looks fine to me in that pic. I'll take side by side comparison pics between the reissues and originals when I get this set. (^_^)

Robzy
13th December 2009, 10:06 AM
Looking forward to picking these guys up!

primatives
17th December 2009, 05:31 PM
sweet as!! Should be getting these next week!!!

primatives
19th December 2009, 08:20 AM
I found this video of what the toys will be like it has japanese song on it but i think spanish comments weird anyways stil la good watch for those of you who are getting these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpJu3Bl1K2k

sideswipes brother
6th January 2010, 08:42 PM
Got mine today from HLJ and they are sooooo pretty. I love Rum and Frenz they are two of my favs. I had no reason to be concerned as the blue on Rumble is just the same as the original. I just wish they had the thigh stickers.... The only reason i think they left them off is because every sticker bar the Decep logo is tampoed. Maybe they decided it was a too hard an area to Tampo or something along those lines.

GoktimusPrime
6th January 2010, 09:19 PM
I had no reason to be concerned as the blue on Rumble is just the same as the original.
The original Rumble toy was blue. I suspect that you're referring to Frenzy. I don't mean to start up a FIRRIB/RIRFIB debate, but since we are talking about the G1 toys then the blue robot is Frenzy (and the red and black one is Rumble).

:)

MV75
6th January 2010, 09:29 PM
I don't mean to start up a FIRRIB/RIRFIB debate,

Yea, you do, but It's all good. You're an all in one-man debate team anyway, you can't help yourself. :p

All I see is that the blue is blue. He could have called it Sludge Vohaul for all it matters...... mmmmm.... he's blue too.

sideswipes brother
6th January 2010, 11:08 PM
I go off the TV show for names and Rumble was blue.. nuff said.

The original Rumble toy was blue. I suspect that you're referring to Frenzy. I don't mean to start up a FIRRIB/RIRFIB debate, but since we are talking about the G1 toys then the blue robot is Frenzy (and the red and black one is Rumble).

:)

dirge
7th January 2010, 09:42 AM
Some advice, SB (and others): The blue toy was called Frenzy by Hasbro despite the show.... so if you're going by the show's naming, perhaps "Rumble (the blue one)" might be a little less ambiguous. It's not your fault that Sunbow messed them up of course, but yeah, makes things easier if you define your approach ;)

...Anyway I also received them yesterday and I'm very happy with them. Finally, Rumble & Frenzy whose stickers won't curl! I too noticed the lack of thigh detailing, but it's not something that bothers me.

One thing I did notice is that Frenzy (blue) has a gold chest and silver weapons - on the original the silver weapon version had silver chest and gold weapons gold chest. Doesn't bother me at all (I have the original gold chest version anyway), but usually Takara pay attention to things like that.

Sky Shadow
7th January 2010, 11:48 AM
I go off the TV show for names and Rumble was blue.. nuff said.

Really, was he?

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8223/rumblesf1.jpg

And which one's Frenzy and which is Rumble here?

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/d/d1/GenericDecepticons_MTMTE.jpg

(The TV show couldn't successfully colour a colouring in book. And the blue toy is Frenzy.)

5FDP
7th January 2010, 11:55 AM
Really, was he?

Technically, that's a scene from the '86 movie and not the TV show dude ;)

And which one's Frenzy and which is Rumble here?
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/d/d1/GenericDecepticons_MTMTE.jpg

(The TV show couldn't successfully colour a colouring in book. And the blue toy is Frenzy.)

Would the real Reflector please stand up :D

Lord_Zed
7th January 2010, 01:19 PM
Rumble and Frenzy are like identical twins who impersonate eachother, and swap places all the time.

Sometimes Rumble likes to reapaint himself blue to see what it's like to be Frenzy, and then Frenzy repaints himself red to see what it's like to be Rumble.

And the other Decepticons just tolerate thier antics because they are Megatrons favoured court jesters. :p

sideswipes brother
7th January 2010, 01:32 PM
:confused::confused: Ok, from now on ill call them Soundwave's blue tape and Soundwave's red tape.

Sky Shadow
7th January 2010, 03:25 PM
Technically, that's a scene from the '86 movie and not the TV show dude ;)

It's also from episode five of season five of the TV show in 1988.

No, really. It is.

loophole
7th January 2010, 03:37 PM
Really, was he?

now thats not fair, you all know thats an animation error and cant be trusted

loophole
7th January 2010, 03:38 PM
Rumble and Frenzy are like identical twins who impersonate eachother, and swap places all the time.

Sometimes Rumble likes to reapaint himself blue to see what it's like to be Frenzy, and then Frenzy repaints himself red to see what it's like to be Rumble.

And the other Decepticons just tolerate thier antics because they are Megatrons favoured court jesters. :p

i like that theory, lets run with that :D

Sky Shadow
7th January 2010, 03:46 PM
now thats not fair, you all know thats an animation error and cant be trusted

Rumble and Frenzy's entire celluloid career was an animation error that can't be trusted. :p

(Except the Japanese version of the cartoon, where Rumble was the red one and Frenzy was the blue one, just like the Japanese toys this thread is discussing. :))

loophole
7th January 2010, 03:54 PM
(Except the Japanese version of the cartoon, where Rumble was the red one and Frenzy was the blue one, just like the Japanese toys this thread is discussing. :))

well there you go i did not know that, you really do learn something every day :)

dirge
7th January 2010, 04:30 PM
:confused::confused: Ok, from now on ill call them Soundwave's blue tape and Soundwave's red tape.

How you consider them is your choice :)

Sadly Sunbow's mix-up has become entrenched and causes so much confusion & needless debate :(

Don't let others push you into referring to them how they want, dude - but yeah avoiding ambiguity is always a good thing if you can manage it :cool:

kup
7th January 2010, 04:33 PM
There is no confusion and there shouldn't be a debate unless you force your own views on it as its really all about context.

When I am referring to the cartoon - Rumble is blue.

When I am referring to toys and comics - Rumble is red.

It's that simple.

Robzy
7th January 2010, 08:43 PM
"Everything would be so much easier if you just agreed with me!"

kup
7th January 2010, 11:18 PM
Rumble and Frenzy's entire celluloid career was an animation error that can't be trusted. :p

See, its all about context :)