PDA

View Full Version : Moonwalk!

TheDirtyDigger
21st July 2009, 09:06 AM
Who believes we walked on the Moon?

1AZRAEL1
21st July 2009, 09:14 AM
I voted 2, coz it was the most reasonable answer :p

Say to Buzz Aldrins face that they didnt land on the moon and he will punch your lights out haha. (I have a video of that somewhere)

Paulbot
21st July 2009, 09:43 AM
We all know Richard Nixon faked the moon landing.... on Venus!

Jetfire
21st July 2009, 09:53 AM
It happened.

The end.

TheDirtyDigger
21st July 2009, 09:55 AM
I think it's all a crock of s#!+. They went there way back in '69 yet haven't been bothered to go back for the complete decades of the 80's 90's and 00's?

Kyle
21st July 2009, 10:24 AM
I think it's all a crock of s#!+. They went there way back in '69 yet haven't been bothered to go back for the complete decades of the 80's 90's and 00's?

Maybe they felt kinda silly spending so much effort getting up there, and found out that it was just a giant sphere of rock with really nothing else. Digger give them a good reason to go back. :D

It could be a little like internet dating I suppose. You finally meet face to face with the person on the other side of the screen... only to have both of you found each other to be "less than ideal" at the cafe. Maybe you don't want a second date... :p

GoktimusPrime
21st July 2009, 10:34 AM
Television, like the internet, is pure truth. ;) :D

kup
21st July 2009, 10:58 AM
The moon is a good place to kick around empty coke bottles.

blackie
21st July 2009, 11:00 AM
hahaha me and the missus were talking about this
mythbusters proved it was true :D

TheDirtyDigger
21st July 2009, 11:25 AM
mythbusters proved it was true :D

They're just part of the conspiracy!

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8900/conspiracy.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/i/conspiracy.jpg/)

gantz
21st July 2009, 01:20 PM
I tend to think no!!

my reason being they 'accidentally' taped over almost all of the original footage. that is not a easy mistake to make. thats not something that 'just' happens

TheDirtyDigger
21st July 2009, 01:23 PM
The Australian crew at 'The Dish' were on the Today show and mentioned that somehow all their tapes had got lost.
Because it's easy to lose something that important to human history right?

jaydisc
21st July 2009, 01:27 PM
Ask Buzz Aldrin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUI36tPKDg4)

I thought this thread was about Michael Jackson :(

kup
21st July 2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSjgmLoQ48E&feature=related

Demonac
21st July 2009, 01:53 PM
I love reading the comments on the youtube videos. Especially the one you posted Kup.

gantz
21st July 2009, 01:59 PM
The Australian crew at 'The Dish' were on the Today show and mentioned that somehow all their tapes had got lost.
Because it's easy to lose something that important to human history right?

see?? like I said, that doesnt just happen!

Sky Shadow
21st July 2009, 03:44 PM
I love reading the comments on the youtube videos. Especially the one you posted Kup.

I've posted this before, but never has it been more appropriate. (Language warning):

http://xkcd.com/202/

kup
21st July 2009, 04:04 PM
I've posted this before, but never has it been more appropriate. (Language warning):

http://xkcd.com/202/

I like the 'It was a sound stage on Mars' bit.

Youtube is not that different from the International TF boards, you read their comments for an extended period of time and your brain goes num.

griffin
21st July 2009, 08:15 PM
I could never understand the lack of logic people have in assuming that if the video was proven to be fake, then the landing had to be fake.
Hello... one does not prove the other. If you are undertaking one of the most expensive, untried, risky ventures like flying people to the moon (with 1960s technology), you'd have to be an idiot to not have a back-up video of the event that millions around the world would be tuning into 'live', in case the real live-feed fails to transmit.
NASA are famous for having back-ups to their back-ups, so why wouldn't they have a back-up for the most hyped-up TV transmission ever?
I believe the landing happened (several times actually - which brings me to my next point later), but the video footage we got from NASA was probably a back-up that was pre-filmed, because I feel that the technology in 1969 to transmit live video from the moon proved to be unreliable (and NASA knew it). Could you imagine the disappointment and voter backlash (it was a politically driven stunt after all) if they didn't have a back-up plan, and the transmission failed?

As for why they never went back - after several probes and landings on a ball of lifeless, water-less rock and ash, why waste billions just to have someone walk a few steps there and come back. They certainly don't need to bring back more rock samples. After the last landing in 1972, NASA's priority would have been on orbital missions (Skylab and Int Space Station), which was a more affordable option for various space and zero-gravity scientific missions.

I actually agree with the call that the next manned mission should be to Mars, because why continue doing the same thing, especially when there is nothing new to do there with the current budget and technology.

That's my 3 cents anyway...

TheDirtyDigger
21st July 2009, 08:40 PM
It's inconceivable that such a totally militaristic and imperialistic regime as the United States would forego the opportunity to build the ultimate strategic base on the surface of the Moon had they ever actually truly been there.

Three and a half decades of inactivity to the Moon because it's a bit boring?

Kyle
21st July 2009, 08:43 PM
It's inconceivable that such a totally militaristic and imperialistic regime as the United States would forego the opportunity to build the ultimate strategic base on the surface of the Moon had they ever actually truly been there.

Three and a half decades of inactivity to the Moon because it's a bit boring?

Maybe they have, but don't want to tell us... :p

TheDirtyDigger
21st July 2009, 08:46 PM
Maybe they have, but don't want to tell us... :p

Telescopes would be able to see it.

griffin
21st July 2009, 09:05 PM
Um, it was my understanding that the dark side of the moon is called that because we can never see it from earth... so there could be a whole colony on the dark side (or military base :p) and we'd never see it from here with anything, including telescopes.

TheDirtyDigger
21st July 2009, 09:08 PM
Ok that's a very valid point. If we'd been there in the first place it would be logical to set up a colony/base on the dark side.

griffin
21st July 2009, 09:17 PM
Could you even imagine the cost of setting up a colony all the way on the moon that is self-sustaining, without relying on any natural resources (since the moon doesn't really have any life-sustaining resources)... they've spent hundreds of billions on a space station that *orbits* the earth, which relys on supply runs every few months. Imagine trying to do that millions of miles away on the moon. A colony of that distance would only be viable if it can support itself, or pay for itself with some sort of valuable, mineable resource to send back.

TheDirtyDigger
21st July 2009, 09:21 PM
Or have an ultimate, strategic advantage.

Which it would have.

autobreadticon
21st July 2009, 09:43 PM
pfff we all know theres only one moonwalker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBmy9c-Ag7E

SentinelPrime
21st July 2009, 10:28 PM
the moon landing was a con, just like this thread.... I thought it was michael jackson related!

Robzy
21st July 2009, 10:35 PM
Capricorn One (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capricorn_One) anybody?!

The cynic in me says "don't believe those in charge"... centuries of history have proven that the masses have been lied to on countless occasions. WWII is full of examples, and I also believe many "truths" will come to light about the September 11 attacks in the US one day.

Demonac
22nd July 2009, 12:51 AM
Conspiracies just don't work.

They make good fiction, but its inconceivable that everyone involved in one is able to keep quiet.

TheDirtyDigger
22nd July 2009, 06:35 AM
Neil Armstrong's kept very quiet all these years.

COZ HE'S ASHAMED OF THE LIE HE'S PERPETUATED!!!

Paulbot
22nd July 2009, 08:00 AM
They went to the moon, but the aliens who have a base on the Dark side of the moon warned them to stay away, attacking missions like Apollo 13. What the astronauts have been told not to talk about is the alien craft that they saw observing them on their lunar missions.

autobreadticon
22nd July 2009, 09:07 AM
I gotta stop cutting and pasting things I read on other forums :/

autobreadticon
22nd July 2009, 09:08 AM
They went to the moon, but the aliens who have a base on the Dark side of the moon warned them to stay away, attacking missions like Apollo 13. What the astronauts have been told not to talk about is the alien craft that they saw observing them on their lunar missions.

LOL

1AZRAEL1
22nd July 2009, 09:53 AM

What lie? The moon landing happened.

And as Griffin said, whats the reason to go back?
My opinion they could go back to check out the areas where they think water once was, drill a bit and get samples of that. But thats just my opinion.

I think they are more concentrating on trying to get to Mars now. As the saying goes "To boldly go where no man has gone before!" :p

TheDirtyDigger
22nd July 2009, 10:03 AM
The moon landing happened.

Ah you guys are just in on the conspiracy as well!
OTCA = Joint NASA/CIA/Illuminati front company!

I wish we had some people here that aren't from Western countries where the huddled, spoonfed masses are brainwashed by Big Government and their corporate media puppets.

Kyle
22nd July 2009, 10:17 AM

Other possibilities can't be ruled out:

- Him being humble.

- He did land on the moon but (like Griffin pointed out) the broadcasted footage could have been a little different from how he experienced it exactly. Maybe he decided not to let these minor details bother him and instead let people be inspired by the event.

- There's really not much you can talk about a ball of rock...

Also, what if the Russians (and other countries) landed on the Moon afterwards and showed the Moon to be completely different? Surely the Americans knew they could not cover up something this big forever? I think they did land on the Moon.

1AZRAEL1
22nd July 2009, 10:21 AM

I wish we had some people here that aren't from Western countries where the huddled, spoonfed masses are brainwashed by Big Government and their corporate media puppets.

Actually I think on my own.

I chose to believe that they landed.

Kyle
22nd July 2009, 10:21 AM

Digger, your whole toy collection will soon disappear... :D

1AZRAEL1
22nd July 2009, 10:23 AM
Other possibilities can't be ruled out:

- Him being humble.

- He did land on the moon but (like Griffin pointed out) the broadcasted footage could have been a little different from how he experienced it exactly. Maybe he decided not to let these minor details bother him and instead let people be inspired by the event.

- There's really not much you can talk about a ball of rock...

Also, what if the Russians (and other countries) landed on the Moon afterwards and showed the Moon to be completely different? Surely the Americans knew they could not cover up something this big forever? I think they did land on the Moon.

Perfect explanation.

kup
22nd July 2009, 10:55 AM
I have considered a similar take on Griffin's theory on the subject for some years and it is indeed possible. However I can't help to think that when the USA is desperate it would say and do anything to come out on top - paricularly under Nixon.

However It just seems very odd that after lagging so much behind the Russians when it comes to space exploration suddenly Bada bim bada boom - America is on the Moon.

GoktimusPrime
22nd July 2009, 11:27 AM
Don't worry, in a thousand years' time, this is how people will remember the moon landing... ;)

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/152/whalers8kp.jpg

We're whalers on the moon,
We carry a harpoon.
But there ain't no whales
So we tell tall tales
And sing our whaling tune.

Paulbot
22nd July 2009, 11:35 AM
Hey, I already threw in a Futurama joke in this thread! :p

And remember the aliens are the reason they haven't gone back (and it was the captured craft from Roswell that gave the US the boost they needed to get there before the Russians).

GoktimusPrime
22nd July 2009, 11:39 AM
...or some Non-Biological Entities destroyed the _real_ Apollo mission, so they had to fake one where people weren't torn apart. ;)

Gutsman Heavy
22nd July 2009, 03:18 PM
I also believe many "truths" will come to light about the September 11 attacks in the US one day.

the truth is already out there! WILL SMITH DID IT!

http://img.funnyanimatedgifs.net/img/1929-will-smith-dancing-the-twin-towers-down.gif

Robzy
22nd July 2009, 04:26 PM
Damn you Will Smith!