PDA

View Full Version : Stencilators Movie Sideswipe

stencilator
17th February 2008, 05:18 PM
Hey Hey Ozformers,

Here's what was supposed to be a simple custom that I seem to have made a meal of. I took a Movie Cliffjumper and started by removing the stripes. This is where my problems started. I used a little too much efforst removing the paint and damaged the plastic, then thought I could fix it by polishing it with my dremel, which melted the plastic. I ended up having to sand back these panels and painting then with a clear coat. They came up ok.

Then I set about resculpting the head. I wanted to give him a face so that he had a distinctly G1 Sideswipe head. Adding the "ears" was easy enough and I even tried to shape them to fit in with the movie style head. Then I tried to give him a face. I wasn't happy with my first attempt so I kept trying to fix it and it kept getting worse, so I thought f#$% it.... painted it, and now he's done.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/stencilator/005-2.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/stencilator/004-1.jpg

I know I didn't give it much of a write up, but this piece will be up for sale or trade next week along with some other customs and some G1 figures. Keep an eye out!

Pipesqueak
17th February 2008, 05:27 PM
Looks sweet to me!!

turtle boy
17th February 2008, 05:54 PM
Ha, nice, how exactly do you do your head remoldings? i could never work out how to do it right.

Paulbot
17th February 2008, 08:16 PM
Wow a few changes to the colours of Cliffjumper and it does look a lot like Sideswipe. Nice work. I do like the headwork too.

GoktimusPrime
17th February 2008, 09:31 PM
I agree - nice resculpt of the face

stencilator
18th February 2008, 08:03 AM
Ha, nice, how exactly do you do your head remoldings? i could never work out how to do it right.

I use a tamiya putty that I mix together then apply it to the parts in the rough shape of what I want to create, always built up larger than the actual shape. Leave it til the next day then I carve the shape down with a new blade, then sand it nice and smooth. Then sometimes a few extra details with the blade or a small screwdriver and more sanding.

Thanks for the positive response guys.

Saintly
18th February 2008, 09:28 AM
still comes out alright! :)

STL
18th February 2008, 11:52 AM
I want. Auction style this time too? Can we get pics of his alt mode? Or is the same as the BB08 mold

i_amtrunks
18th February 2008, 12:17 PM
Snazzy! Looks pretty damn good to me!

The_Damned
18th February 2008, 12:35 PM
no alt pics?.................:D

stencilator
18th February 2008, 01:06 PM
no alt pics?.................:D

Maybe tomorrow, but it is just Cliffjumper without the stripes.... and an Autobot symbol on the bonnet.

I want. Auction style this time too?

The last auction took a lot of work from The Dirty Digger (thanks again mate!) and I have a lot of customs to get through at the moment so I won't have time to run it. I will post it in a sale thread tomorrow unless somebody makes a reasonable offer before then.

Thanks again guys.

springah
18th February 2008, 03:24 PM
Looks kick ass to me dude.

Soundwarp
19th February 2008, 09:27 AM
Looks good mate, did you do anything to the vehilce mode?