PDA

View Full Version : New section needs a name.

griffin
21st July 2009, 06:50 PM
At Paulbot's suggestion, a new section has been generated for group/bulk orders. Try to only post if you are planning to make an order and know the pricing/release details. It is best not post up 'expressions of interest', as it looks less reliable, and if you post up the details and pricing from the start, people can have a better idea straight up what it is going to cost, and commit sooner to it.

If in doubt, please contact a board staff member. Especially if you are a junior member (protoform, distant spark, member), as organising group orders is a big responsibility, and should not be undertaken lightly.

That said, the new section needs a character name.
Vote for one of the follwoing two names that have already been submitted - Defensor or Octane.
Voting ends Sunday 26th July.

STL
21st July 2009, 06:54 PM
Vote Defensor!

Deceptic_Optic
21st July 2009, 06:55 PM
what about bulkhead? :D lol kidding ive put in defensor

dirge
21st July 2009, 07:40 PM
Octane makes more sense... but I would like to suggest "Bob" (:

Paulbot
21st July 2009, 07:47 PM
Although I suggested Defensor, Octane's been looking for a section to own for a long while.

I suggested Defensor because he's a Combiner (combined orders) and a Protectobot (protecting us from spending too much).

GoktimusPrime
21st July 2009, 07:48 PM
Tankor Octane FTW :)

Lock'n'Load
21st July 2009, 08:53 PM
I like octane, but "Bob" isn't that bad either

SentinelPrime
21st July 2009, 09:29 PM
voted for Defensor!

autobreadticon
21st July 2009, 09:32 PM
groups remind me of sharkticons

Sleeve
21st July 2009, 10:00 PM
Until Paulbot explained how Defensor worked into it (I was stumped), Octane seemed the better choice because the connection was instantly identifiable. So I voted 'Octane'.

jaydisc
21st July 2009, 10:07 PM
I voted Octane for Soundwarp ;)

Robzy
21st July 2009, 10:44 PM
Octane Baby! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achtung_Baby)

Ode to a Grasshopper
21st July 2009, 10:46 PM
I would have gone for Reflector for the combined/'eye for a bargain' point, but as it stands Defensor has my vote. If it's group-order related it should be a group/gestalt name.

roller
21st July 2009, 11:39 PM
There's no need for another section

Wheel-J
21st July 2009, 11:46 PM
There's no need for another section

I reckon we do.

I would have gone for Reflector for the combined/'eye for a bargain' point, but as it stands Defensor has my vote. If it's group-order related it should be a group/gestalt name.

Havn't decided which one of the two yet but I would pick Reflector if it is an option so as to also "reflect" the credibility of the members from listing into or organizing a group buy.

AussieJason
21st July 2009, 11:47 PM
Octane for me.

Defensor isn't a bad idea, but if it needs explaining it isn't the right choice in my opinion.

iceburn
22nd July 2009, 12:15 AM
octane for me

Tober
22nd July 2009, 12:41 AM
what about bulkhead? :D lol kidding ive put in defensor

Bulkhead was my first thought too :P

Octane.

liegeprime
22nd July 2009, 09:07 AM
voted OCtane, but why does it have to be Bob always, Jerry can do the same job.;)

Deceptic_Optic
22nd July 2009, 09:21 AM
Bulkhead was my first thought too :P

Octane.

great minds think alike ;)

JuzMel
22nd July 2009, 01:37 PM
Vote Defensor!
+1 !!! Defensor because he's a combiner and it's all about combined / group orders - so more accurate. Octane's just a triple changer - no relation to the thread topic. heehee :D

SilverDragon
22nd July 2009, 09:36 PM
Octane seems more appropriate, given his personality.

Wheel-J
22nd July 2009, 09:41 PM
Octane's been looking for a section to own for a long while.

Seems to be there's a history behind the name which I'm, in particular, is not aware of. :confused: Nevertheless, I voted Octane. :)

BigPenney
23rd July 2009, 12:22 AM
Defensor isn't a bad idea, but if it needs explaining it isn't the right choice in my opinion.
This and the fact that Octane just feels right to me for some unknown reason.
However it is a bit worrying naming a group order section after someone who makes his group beg for the goods he has. :D

G1Optimal
23rd July 2009, 03:48 PM
Although, IMO "Superion" Would of been, a better Gestalt to choose (being made up of 5 Robots that turns into Jets and all)...:rolleyes:
But...

I Went with "Defensor" for the same reasons As "JuzMel" a Gestalt would be more appropriate representative for Group/Bulk Buy Section.:)
Even Though, Defensor was comprised of robots that turn into Emergency Vehicles :rolleyes: ( "probably would of been better used to represent a help section????:confused:)

STL
23rd July 2009, 03:56 PM
As Juzmel and G1Optimal were far more articulate than myself for our reasons, I say we start again from scratch!

Zahhak
23rd July 2009, 04:58 PM
I was goign to vote octane but I can't argue with Paulbots combiner/combine orders logic. I thought overload would of been neat to by thats nether here nore there.

JuzMel
23rd July 2009, 05:06 PM
I still think we should stick to a combiner character since it's a group/combined order thing. But since everyone seems to be "Decepticon" supporters :D How about

1) Menasor's Group Orders
2) Bruticus's Group Orders
3) Computron's Group Orders

Just my ninety-cents. :D

Wheel-J
23rd July 2009, 05:17 PM
I still think we should stick to a combiner character since it's a group/combined order thing. But since everyone seems to be "Decepticon" supporters :D How about

Just my ninety-cents. :D

Is that a shattered glass version of Computron. :rolleyes::D

How about Reflector's Group Orders? a combiner, yes. a con, yes. ;):)

gamblor916
23rd July 2009, 05:48 PM
Computron seems appropriate as we have to do all kinds of crazy calculations for bulk buys. Defensor I didn't get until it was explained.

G1Optimal
23rd July 2009, 06:15 PM
IMO the only one out of this list:

4) Reflector's Group Orders

that seems the most appropriate is...

"Menasor's Group Orders" .....
Since they are a group of 4 non militaristic "Cars" and a non militaristic "Truck" ..

which could probably represent the "organizers" of the group/bulk buys, Sending or/& Transporting the items to people who are in the group/bulk-buys ..... :)

In a way, similar to the suggestion of "Superion" being made up of aircraft "which" could represent Items being transported from overseas.:D

so my personal 2 prefrences whould be:
Menasor's Group Orders (Current Favorite)
or
Superion's Group Orders

"If not both"
etc... "Superions & Menasors Group Orders"...
for both the reasons for each (above), combined :D"

Note::p
"Since, Superion is my first favorite of all the personally known "Gestalt Combiners" i would like to thank the posters above, for swaying me to think Menasor is the better choice to Name this section...":p:D

Deonasis
23rd July 2009, 06:21 PM
I went with Octane because of the multiple bulk transport modes that kinda suit international orders.

G1Optimal
23rd July 2009, 06:30 PM
Isn't "Octane's" alternate modes, dedicated Fuel/Energy Transporters....???:confused:

Deonasis
23rd July 2009, 07:09 PM
Isn't "Octane's" alternate modes, dedicated Fuel/Energy Transporters....???:confused:

Of course they are.. but he's really smuggling toys ;)

G1Optimal
23rd July 2009, 07:11 PM
Of course they are.. but he's really smuggling toys ;)

:D;)

There again..
If its true, that oil is needed to make the plastic in toys...I see your point as he could be carrying the oil. :D ;)

STL
23rd July 2009, 10:55 PM
Computron seems appropriate as we have to do all kinds of crazy calculations for bulk buys. Defensor I didn't get until it was explained.

^ What he said.

Recount!!! Erm... re-poll!!

25th July 2009, 02:03 AM
the system doesnt work !

jaydisc
25th July 2009, 09:11 AM
Computron makes perfect sense.

Ode to a Grasshopper
25th July 2009, 04:02 PM
+1 for Computron.

GoktimusPrime
25th July 2009, 04:32 PM
I think Octane's function as Fueler makes him a far more suitable candidate, whereas Computron's function as Warrior makes little sense to me.

liegeprime
25th July 2009, 07:50 PM
if your arguing re: combiners why not use the very first combiner ever - Devastator :D - hes got more parts as well 6

Vector Sigma 13
25th July 2009, 08:30 PM
Im sooooo confused.....

Octane i think- wasnt he doing deals with the Arabs in G1? Moving bulk oil to feed Trypticon or something?

griffin
25th July 2009, 10:15 PM
Octane's function is 'fueler', and aside from Tantrum, looks to be the only (early) Gen1 characters (not yet used here) that has a function related to the new section. And it doesn't matter much about allegience or character traits, otherwise we wouldn't have any Decepticons as section mascots if I thought for a moment that it would look like we endorse their actual individual behaviour-traits here - Soundwave's blackmailing, Swindle's greed, Laserbeak's sadistic pleasures, Megatron's ruthlessness. Both Bulkhead and Combiners have merit, but am trying to keep the mascot's as 'Gen1' as possible, and a combiner is one of the voting options.

GoktimusPrime
26th July 2009, 10:44 AM
Having a gestalt for this kind of section doesn't make sense to me -- not nearly as much as a fueler.

If you're willing to consider a mascot beyond G1, what about Shortround? He's actually a transforming robot action figure collector! :)

Paulbot
26th July 2009, 12:04 PM
Having a gestalt for this kind of section doesn't make sense to me -- not nearly as much as a fueler.

Group orders are all about combining orders and working as one, so it should make perfect sense :p Fueler sounds like one person supplying the toys and that's not how the group orders work.

I agree Computron makes a little more sense than Defensor because there is a lot of calculations needed to work out who owes what.

GoktimusPrime
26th July 2009, 12:38 PM
Hmm yeah, but as others have said - in that sense any gestalt would make sense.

Might as well go for the awesomest of the G1 gestalts then -- LIO KAISER! :D

TF76
26th July 2009, 02:49 PM
If we keep using Toy wholesaler maybe it should be call Monstrusters group orders.

It combines but cos of GPS it can fall to pieces.

Sorry if thats bad tast. :rolleyes:

blackie
28th July 2009, 01:16 PM
If we keep using Toy wholesaler maybe it should be call Monstrusters group orders.

It combines but cos of GPS it can fall to pieces.

Sorry if thats bad tast. :rolleyes:

I LOVE IT
made my day
especially when ive been dealing with them for the past 2 days :P