PDA

View Full Version : Toy fair pics of Marvel Transformers

Paulbot
17th February 2008, 07:45 PM
Pics of Iron Man and Hulk from the Transformers Crossovers line.

Click here (http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2008_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FTransformers_Crosso vers&dispsize=600&start=0)

These look much better than the Mega Morphs and the older line of transforming Marvel superheroes, and IMHO better than the SWTFs.

kup
17th February 2008, 08:24 PM
Its as awful as I thought it would although it works better on Ironman for obvious reasons.

The Hulk however looks more like a green Optimus Primal from Beast Machines and its a waste of time in my view. This is a bad move and I doubt that it will have the same appeal as Star Wars TFs.

Looks like Hasbro has once again missunderstood its consumer base. Star Wars TFs appealed to both Transformers and Star Wars fans because the alt modes were still accurate representations of the Star Wars vehicle mode they were representing.

On the other hand I doubt Marvel or TF fans would care about a robotic Hulk that transformers into some random fantasy tank.
________
W212 (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W212)

Tober
17th February 2008, 08:24 PM
I'm not a fan of the cross-over stuff but those 2 look like a buy if the rest of the line shapes up.

TheDirtyDigger
17th February 2008, 09:02 PM
Well I don't like the Iron Man because it looks like Iron Man (head/face) but I would consider getting the Hulk because I could just pretend it is an actual Transformer as it doesn't resemble him too closely. Couple of Autobot symbols and he is good to go.

turtle boy
17th February 2008, 09:10 PM
Its as awful as I thought it would although it works better on Ironman for obvious reasons.

The Hulk however looks more like a green Optimus Primal from Beast Machines and its a waste of time in my view. This is a bad move and I doubt that it will have the same appeal as Star Wars TFs.

Looks like Hasbro has once again missunderstood its consumer base. Star Wars TFs appealed to both Transformers and Star Wars fans because the alt modes were still accurate representations of the Star Wars vehicle mode they were representing.

On the other hand I doubt Marvel or TF fans would care about a robotic Hulk that transformers into some random fantasy tank.

Think i have to agree there kup, I'm not feeling this idea at all.:(

dirge
17th February 2008, 09:22 PM
I generally like SWTFs, but these don't interest me at all. Star Wars Transformers appeal because the vehicles used are well defined, providing a challenge of engineering. Turning the hulk into some generic tank does not impress me.

Lord_Zed
17th February 2008, 09:23 PM
Hahahahahaha hilarious!

Hulk does look indeed like Beast Machines Optimus Primal, for that reason I like him better than Iron man. Still a pretty lame idea cause as Kup said thier veichle modes are weak.

Not a fan so far.

Pipesqueak
17th February 2008, 11:31 PM
Interestingly these seem to be getting a very favourable response on the American tf sites.

I'm with The DirtyDigger on The Hulk - it looks like a decent tf in its own right, regardless of the Marvel connection.

STL
18th February 2008, 12:07 AM
I think part of the reason American fans will react better to this line is b/c of their exposure to the comics compared to the Australian market.

Personally, I don't mind these. Not first preference but I'd look out for them in a sale for sure. And their alt modes look pretty cool with good articulation in robot mode might make them a buy. I do agree that it lacks that allure that SWTF have.

i_amtrunks
18th February 2008, 09:36 AM
I dont mind the generic Alt modes, but the robot modes are a bit hit or miss, especially Ironman, as that head will need serious work to turn it into anything decent.

It's no surprise that these two will be the first cabs off the rank, seeing as they have films out this year.

Personally I doubt I'll pick them up until they hit the clearance shelves at TRU, but then again I'm not even really a fan of the SWTF.

Paulbot
18th February 2008, 11:37 AM
I think they appeal to me a bit more because of my Marvel fandom, but take the Ironman toy. Sure the head screams Ironman but the body doesn't. It looks like a good deluxe Jet/Robot transformer. Same with the Hulk one - rename it Crumplezone and you could get away that as a Transformer toy too.

iceburn
5th March 2008, 01:25 PM
Guess what...just read some recent news in www.seibertron.com (http://www.sibertron.com) and
Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 4:13PM CST
Seibertron's own Nekoman has informed us that the RRP (Recommended Retail Price) has been set for the forthcoming Marvel Transformers figures.

According to Marvellous News.com (http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11367) The 8 Marvel Transformers figures to be released in June/August 2008 (featuring Hulk and Ironman) will retail in the USA for US$14.99 each.

To check out the full Marvellous News article, please click here (http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11367).

To further discuss the Marvel Transformers Pricing, please see Nekoman's original thread (http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36467).

This release is more likely to clash with Animated and Classic Universe

STL
5th March 2008, 01:49 PM
Well, they're priced like SW figures then, right? Sale only for me.

iceburn
5th March 2008, 01:58 PM
Well, they're priced like SW figures then, right? Sale only for me.

from what i read..they will be priced lower at est. US$20 but when it comes to Australia...who knows..it might be of the same price with SWTFs

i_amtrunks
5th March 2008, 03:23 PM
US$15 should equal about AU$18, but we know that will never happen.

If they are sold for less than AU$30, I'll be surprised, I'm guessing the AU$35 mark is closer to what they will be.

roller
5th March 2008, 07:42 PM
oh feckin crumpets!!!

its War Within Beast machines optimus [the hulk 1} im gonna get it and pretend its optimus without his beast features

Tetsuwan Convoy
6th March 2008, 02:43 PM
oh feckin crumpets!!!

its War Within Beast machines optimus [the hulk 1} im gonna get it and pretend its optimus without his beast features

Like a shaved/hairles limited edition Optimus Primal? To explain the colour, you could say he's seasick :p