PDA

View Full Version : Iphone application and mobile device/hand-held device app. thread

autobreadticon
23rd July 2009, 11:20 PM
discuss away..

My favourite apps

Xe.com app. - that allows you to display 6 currencies of your choice
ebay app. - you don't have to continuely visit the mobile ebay site
tap tap revenge - DDR old school for the thumbs
urbanspoon - tells you the closest restaurant with the criteria you want

i am using a crappy budget app. could someone recommend something better, that allows you allocate funds and roll them over into subsequent periods, too lazy to look through iphone forums

jaydisc
23rd July 2009, 11:33 PM
I use a beautiful converter called Convertbot. It converts everything (lengths, weights, etc) and even currencies. Not sure how much it costs, but I got it on special for a buck (wtf, it's only a buck ;))

I find both the eBay app and eBay site painful.

I keep track of every financial transaction I conduct in an app called SplashMoney which syncs with my desktop and a secure info database app (to store serial numbers, passwords, bank account numbers, etc) by the same company called SplashID which also syncs. SplashMoney isn't without its quirks, but I used to use it when I had a Palm OS Treo, so am quite familiar with it. It's extremely full-featured.

I load up NetNewsWire, an RSS reader, when I'm bored, which also keeps track of what I've read on my Mac and iPhone in sync.

I was using iTransit, which is a web app for timetables, but the recently released official Metlink Melbourne is quite good and a native app as opposed to a web app.

Pocket Weather is proper Australian BOM forecasts.

"Things" for synchronizing task management and iSSH for when I have to get my hands dirty.

The most important apps to me are the built in ones though. :cool:

TF76
24th July 2009, 09:06 AM
For iPhone

Cleartune (Instrument tuner)
DrBetotteTC (Metronome)
Transformers CyberToy

Paulbot
24th July 2009, 09:24 AM
I use:

Stanza to read ebooks
Domain for property searching