PDA

View Full Version : Icecream Car Skids Mudflap New package

nonstopracer
27th July 2009, 05:58 PM
News from a HongKong toy shop......

New package for the icecream twins.... for sale around Christmas 2009~~

fatbot
27th July 2009, 06:18 PM
Ahh man, don't tell me it'll be that long. i want ice cream twins now!

Lordy
27th July 2009, 07:56 PM
Ahh man, don't tell me it'll be that long. i want ice cream twins now!
hear hear :(

Zippo
27th July 2009, 08:26 PM
Just a packaging varient - first wave twins are packed in a spilt vehicle mode.

Vector Sigma 13
27th July 2009, 08:50 PM
I thought it was confirmed that they will be here sooner than that?

Kyle
28th July 2009, 07:30 AM
I thought it was confirmed that they will be here sooner than that?

I think nonstopracer meant that the new packaging variant will be available around Christmas. The old packaging version will still be available to us soon. They along with the rest of Deluxe Wave 4 have already been released in the US and Hong Kong.

Bartrim
28th July 2009, 07:54 AM
Yeah they are available already but in split vehicle mode. I've got mine on the way already. They must be small though if they fit side by side on a card back. :(I'll still give them plenty of love:)

Linthart
28th July 2009, 02:38 PM
Outstanding I'm getting both :D perfect for us misb nuts

nonstopracer
31st July 2009, 01:02 AM
Sorry I should be more clear with my message... Kyle is right... The 1st shipment is already for sale in most Asian countries. The carton contains 2xIcecream car (packed in split vehicle mode) , 2xJolt, 2xBlazemaster and 2xDeadend.

The later shipment which coming in Christmas will be a full carton of 8xIcecream car (packed in twin robot mode)..

liegeprime
31st July 2009, 04:56 AM
Ive seen one, played with it , courtesy of inactive member Pulse - he got it from BBTS. Not really an impressive bot mode- bland and meh. All pink and cream, well off white really... even in bot mode that's why I said bland. Ice cream car altmode is.... cute. Not going to get this one, their smaller than a scout in bot mode each. Shouldve taken pictures :o. Oh well you guys will find out for yourselves anyway once they trickle down here. good thing Pulse showed it to me first, before I ordered online.....

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2009, 01:37 PM
I'm just excited at the prospect of getting the first combiner toy since G1! :D

King Atlas
31st July 2009, 02:38 PM
Don't you mean the first Micromaster-style combiner toy? There have been "combiner" toys in every seriesd since g2...

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah. I personally only ever use the word "combiner" to refer to two robots that combine into a single vehicle. For multiple robots that combine into a super robot I use the fan-term "gestalt."

So to me:
Ice-cream Skids & Mudflap = Combiners
Constructicons/Devastator = Gestalt

Disclaimer: I'm just talking about my own personal usage. No prescription intended.

griffin
31st July 2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah. I personally only ever use the word "combiner" to refer to two robots that combine into a single vehicle. For multiple robots that combine into a super robot I use the fan-term "gestalt."

So to me:
Ice-cream Skids & Mudflap = Combiners
Constructicons/Devastator = Gestalt

Disclaimer: I'm just talking about my own personal usage. No prescription intended.

Not every fan uses 'gestalt' (I certainly don't), and I'd think more would use 'combiner' than 'gestalt' anyway, so be sure to clarify what labels you use in case they aren't as commonly accepted/used as you think they are.

STL
31st July 2009, 04:51 PM
I prefer the alt mode packaging. Its a more complete and less messy feel