PDA

View Full Version : Toy Wholesaler?

jaydisc
28th July 2009, 06:56 PM
So.... we haven't really had the best run with Toy Wholesaler here in VIC recently. In order of succession:

1. Pre-Orders for Henkei Alert could not be filled, shorting both WA and VIC by a case.
2. Pre-Orders for ROTF EZ Legends Devastator could not be provided at all for VIC (4 cases)
3. Pre-Orders for 4/12 Bruticus and 8/12 Cassettes could not be filled.

Also, for in-stock ordering, i got 3 replies on successive days cutting down an order of 27 items to 13 with a few getting axed each day. In the past, we've also placed orders for headphones and powerglides also only to get denied. Gamblor, did you get your case of Henkei Sideswipes?

The in-stock rejections I don't mind. It seems to be a limitation of their process, but the pre-ordering thing irks me to no end. I feel like I need to be Seinfeld lecturing the car rental lady on how reservations work (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7uvttu8ct0).

What's the point of pre-ordering? Isn't it a reservation?

In the case of Bruticus, because we made payment six months ago, the currency rate has changed. Had this been within 60 days, an official PayPal refund would have made sure that we got what we originally paid in our original currency. But because this was beyond 60 days, we stand to loose 23% of what we paid!

Unfortunately, there are still a few more looming Toy Wholesaler pre-orders, specifically Device Label and now Buster & Mickey Prime. I'm only concerned about one of them though: Buster Prime. The worldwide demand for this figure will be higher than usual, just like all of the three previous pre-orders they've shorted us. Their T's and C's say no cancellations so we're tied in. We can only hope the same thing doesn't happen again.

What should we do? Not pre-order anything more than 60 days in advance? Plan our pre-order before it's posted so we're first cab off the rank? Find another wholesaler? Just go back to using RK?

kurdt_the_goat
28th July 2009, 07:11 PM
Since you have opened communications with them, and clearly have an argument against their preorders, i reckon you could try stating your case for a preorder cancellation in spite of their T&C's?

swoop
28th July 2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah but if they decided to do that and got a full refund in usd or yen whichever it was that it was paid in we'd still loose out because our dollar has gotten stronger since then

jaydisc
28th July 2009, 08:11 PM
If the refund was given using the PayPal "Issue Refund" function (only usable 60 days from purchase), your money is refunded in the method you gave it, and at the same currency rate. HOWEVER, if PayPal collected the foreign currency directly from your credit card (which they ironically forced me to do in this case), they will refund the foreign currency to my card, which means I'll likely get burned just due to the difference in Buy / Sell rates.

I'm going to finish what I started with Buster and just keep my fingers crossed.

gamblor916
28th July 2009, 08:47 PM
I've had no problems with Toy-wholesaler and yes I did get that case of Sideswipes no problem. But I was checking the site fairly regularly before placing the order at the lowest price.
I haven't a clue as to why orders are being unfufilled. Maybe the manufacturer is hedging bets and producing less. Look at the shelfwarmers like Henkei Megatron, Streak and Ironhide. Discounted and still not moving.
I'll be using them again for the Alternitys and have orders for the Device Label stuff as well. Bear in mind I only have small orders of 1 case at a time too.

Paulbot
28th July 2009, 09:52 PM
I've got the preorders for Encore Skids and Alternity Black Megatron placed with them. I am a bit nervous and am thinking of going with HLJ or RobotKingdom for the Vol 3 tapes.

MV75
28th July 2009, 10:15 PM
Yes I've noticed those problems you guys had. I'll just stick with my hlj orders.

But the thing is, those that got burnt are still happy to keep going in on these orders. I dunno getz eet. I woulda dropped them straight away. And, you have to pre-pay? Screw that.

autobreadticon
29th July 2009, 01:50 PM
TW debactle
disappointed to see some negative aspects from fans come out in a time where community unity is important, Jay and especially Blackie are great people , they are the ones at every fan meet and selflessly devote their time to benefiting others, getting upset at them or the matter doesn't achieve anything, it proberly makes Blackie feel even worse knowing how upset every1 is, i for one am not was not part of the pre-order but felt really guilty i could pay for my Bruticus order due to just starting the uni. year and really broke until recently. You guys got plently of good s#it of Blackie so lets be thankful yeh?

Paulbot
29th July 2009, 01:55 PM
Yes please just try to discuss Toywholesaler here, not the actions of any members.

I have two orders with Toywholesaler that I'm now committed to, but have no intentions of doing another one with them and would prefer to shop at HLJ or Robotkingdom.

One other issue with Toywholesaler is that they expect payment in full for preorders and then throw in shipping costs when the item is available.

So I've asked people to pay me now for Skids and Megatron and I have to ask them again for money when the order comes. It's not the nicest situation to be in, but as organisers of group buys we need the deposit from the other people in our group as much (maybe more so) than the seller we're buying from needs our deposit.

Linthart
29th July 2009, 04:28 PM
Megatron Paul?

Paulbot
29th July 2009, 04:32 PM
Megatron Paul?

Alternity Megatron (Black) (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=5098)

Linthart
29th July 2009, 04:48 PM
Alternity Megatron (Black) (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=5098)

ah gotcha :D

primatives
29th July 2009, 05:42 PM
Just curious JayDisc, have you emailed them about the problems lately?? Have they responded? Definately be interested in hearing what they have to say :) I THINK with the Skids Encore it might not be a problem as its not such a demanding toy so it could get filled just guessing.

MV75
29th July 2009, 06:38 PM
Yes please just try to discuss Toywholesaler here, not the actions of any members.

I have two orders with Toywholesaler that I'm now committed to, but have no intentions of doing another one with them and would prefer to shop at HLJ or Robotkingdom.

One other issue with Toywholesaler is that they expect payment in full for preorders and then throw in shipping costs when the item is available.

So I've asked people to pay me now for Skids and Megatron and I have to ask them again for money when the order comes. It's not the nicest situation to be in, but as organisers of group buys we need the deposit from the other people in our group as much (maybe more so) than the seller we're buying from needs our deposit.

I can understand needing people who are really committed to pony up some cash with these things, (group orders), but it's the seller (toywholesaler), that I'm saying screw that to. Exchange rates are changing too much to logically do that.

I really feel sorry for the organisers. You guys end up paying more in the end to what was originally a saving of a few bucks. :(

gamblor916
29th July 2009, 08:49 PM
I can understand needing people who are really committed to pony up some cash with these things, (group orders), but it's the seller (toywholesaler), that I'm saying screw that to. Exchange rates are changing too much to logically do that.

I really feel sorry for the organisers. You guys end up paying more in the end to what was originally a saving of a few bucks. :(

Well I can't speak for anyone else but my motivation for group orders is to get cheaper toys. If I can get a couple for others then thats a bonus. I don't over extend myself and even if there's a couple of drop outs I don't mind doubles :p
Also the exchange rate fluctuations can work for us, for example I got Masterpiece Thundercracker for under $100 shipped at a time when it would have been at least $50 more anywhere else.