PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bay hates the Dinobots

SilverDragon
28th July 2009, 09:36 PM
According to Empire (as reported by Alienbot on the TFW2005 boards (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/254948-michael-bay-hates-dinobots.html)), in an interview with Bay, he reportedly said, regarding the Dinobots:

"They've never been discussed [for inclusion]. I don't like them. Actually, I hate them."

Well, me Grimlock not like you Bay either.

He could have phrased it less harshly, since with "I hate [the Dinobots]", he's going to create epic amounts of nerdrage from Dinobot fans. I'm also curious as to why he hates the Dinobots.

Vector Sigma 13
28th July 2009, 09:43 PM
Sludge nooooo like Bay either!

blackie
28th July 2009, 09:54 PM
i dont like michael bay
problem solved?
i think so

MV75
28th July 2009, 10:03 PM
Can't blame him really, they're too hard to fit in anywhere in the movie universe.

Even soundwave was a tough shoe-horn in. Should have been broadcast or something instead.

foor
28th July 2009, 10:09 PM
The Dinobots would be some leg humping lizard in the Bay-verse.

dirge
28th July 2009, 10:10 PM
he's going to create epic amounts of nerdrage from Dinobot fans.

Somehow, I don't think this will concern Bay. Though I do get your point.

They would be awfully hard to bring into the Bayformer universe... but he should have elaborated to justify his stance.

Robzy
28th July 2009, 10:42 PM
I think the official reason he "hates" them is because he can't work out how to make them...

1) Fart parachutes
2) Hump Megan Fox's leg
3) Have giant swinging balls for no f****ing reason except to generate weak attempts at humour!

-_-

Yes Michael Bay YOU ARE AN IDIOT!! :rolleyes: These sorts of comments further prove my belief that he has absolutely no regard or respect for the characters, the franchise, or the fans.

**Random Bay thoughts**... "I know, let's invent new annoying characters rather than select old fan-favourites and update/improve them. While we're at it let's not have Dinobots because they don't make sense, but we'll stick with the giant scorpion and jaguar!" Puh-lease! :rolleyes:

On a positive note - I'm glad he "hates" them... it means we can all relax knowing that it's not another group of beloved characters that he's going to totally screw up!

tron07
29th July 2009, 12:27 PM
you cant please everyone... but I find those funny moments, well... funny... I like it

kup
29th July 2009, 12:32 PM
ROTF has shown us that the movie verse is full of ridiculous things but personally I couldn't care less. Bay's execution will be having Grimlock as a one scene monkey, some ridiculous toilet humor or at best have him in the background and then forget about him by the end of the movie.

Lord_Zed
29th July 2009, 01:17 PM
Maybe Michael Bay was reffereing to Season 3 G1 Dinobots, I hate them to. :D

Although given the Twins MB should like them for that reason.

Overall though who cares Michael Bay says vauge or stupid things all the time, isn't this like the second thread in a month on something he's said.

roller
29th July 2009, 02:04 PM
They would have been too hard to intro

plus they are pretty stupid :p

I just hope the next movie has some Action and Turbo masters

TheDirtyDigger
29th July 2009, 02:07 PM
I hate Michael Bay.

F***ing hack.

Gutsman Heavy
29th July 2009, 02:54 PM
there goes my hopes for a Truckasaurus Grimlock :(

TF76
29th July 2009, 03:20 PM
but but having a CGI T-Rex in a movie would have been such an original idea, what a pity... :rolleyes:

SentinelPrime
29th July 2009, 05:43 PM
War Within Grimlock would of been awesome.

Its not like Michael Bay knows what he is talking about anyway, I would only ask his opinion on explosions, slow motion footage and poor humor. His comments dont hold any weight.

STL
29th July 2009, 06:25 PM

:D

Bartrim
29th July 2009, 06:30 PM

Someone show this post to Michael Bay! That would be sweet:D

Robzy
29th July 2009, 07:12 PM
Someone show this post to Michael Bay! That would be sweet:DThis has been suggested for several years actually... I've long been a supporter of the idea (in fact I think I even voted in a poll somewhere for this to happen). I think Bay said it was a silly idea (like, all of his ideas are serious and reasonable :rolleyes:). The funny thing is, I read once that Robosaurus (http://www.robosaurus.com/) (the correct name ;)) was actually originally inspired by G1 Grimlock... so there ya go!

Technically, Robosaurus already "transforms" in to a trailer for transportation... can you imagine how cool it would be to see Optimus Prime towing Grimlock in to battle, swerving suddenly and having Grimmy jump off and strike... oh, I like to dream... :o

Adzma
29th July 2009, 08:40 PM
Michael Bay doesn't know one thing about film making. Who cares what he thinks?

TheDirtyDigger
29th July 2009, 09:01 PM
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/429/michaelbay.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/i/michaelbay.jpg/)

kup
29th July 2009, 09:04 PM
They would have been too hard to intro

plus they are pretty stupid :p

I just hope the next movie has some Action and Turbo masters

Given Michael Bay's level of humor we are more likely to get Breast Masters - Literal ones.

Edit: Looks like Digger is in tune with the ways of Bay :p

RageOnTheRoads
3rd August 2009, 12:46 AM
On a positive note - I'm glad he "hates" them... it means we can all relax knowing that it's not another group of beloved characters that he's going to totally screw up!

Yeah, I wish he'd hate the Stunticons too. I live in fear that he'll butcher them for his third movie. :D

GoktimusPrime
3rd August 2009, 03:40 PM
Dead End already exists in the movie continuity thanks to the Scout (or TF1 Movie Jolt if you accept the retcon). :) Having said that, not being able to use the Dead End name won't necessarily stop him from putting Stunticons in the movie - after all, only four of the seven movie Constructicons have their G1 counterparts' names (Mixmaster, Long Haul, Scrapper and Scavenger). I would be surprised if we had another Decepticon gestalt in the third movie though consider we already had Devastator in ROTF, and with the Constructicons being an army like the Targetmaster Seacons in Masterforce, I don't see the need for them to have another gestalt. An Autobot gestalt would be possible - but I personally hope they just go for something new. We've seen a gestalt (and a combiner (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-pictures-of-skids-and-mudflap-ice-cream-truck-mode/16135/)!) in the movie - kay thanks Mr Bay, something new please. :)

dirge
3rd August 2009, 03:52 PM
kay thanks Mr Bay, something new please. :)

A tight plot would be nice.

kup
3rd August 2009, 04:17 PM
A tight plot would be nice.

That's beyond what Bay can provide.

RageOnTheRoads
3rd August 2009, 04:39 PM
Dead End already exists in the movie continuity thanks to the Scout (or TF1 Movie Jolt if you accept the retcon). :) Having said that, not being able to use the Dead End name won't necessarily stop him from putting Stunticons in the movie - after all, only four of the seven movie Constructicons have their G1 counterparts' names (Mixmaster, Long Haul, Scrapper and Scavenger). I would be surprised if we had another Decepticon gestalt in the third movie though consider we already had Devastator in ROTF, and with the Constructicons being an army like the Targetmaster Seacons in Masterforce, I don't see the need for them to have another gestalt. An Autobot gestalt would be possible - but I personally hope they just go for something new. We've seen a gestalt (and a combiner (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-pictures-of-skids-and-mudflap-ice-cream-truck-mode/16135/)!) in the movie - kay thanks Mr Bay, something new please. :)

True, true. I don't tend to regard that scout as Dead End really though, as he has had so many names, Detour, Jolt etc and a rather generic tech spec. And as for the movie line comics... do they sync up at all with the movie continuity? Hell M Bay is so flippant with names, we have two Devastators who are apparently different characters, the Grindor/Blackout, Brawl/Devastator issue... anyways. But you're right, I don't think we'll see another gestalt in the third movie. Won't stop him from cocking them up as individual cannon fodder though, e.g. Bonecrusher, Brawl. eww :rolleyes:

Paulbot
3rd August 2009, 04:54 PM
consider we already had Devastator in ROTF, and with the Constructicons being an army like the Targetmaster Seacons in Masterforce

I've never looked at them that way before. Swarming drones that I don't have to feel bad watching the heroic Autobots slaughter them. I like that very much as an explanation.

kup
3rd August 2009, 04:58 PM
I've never looked at them that way before. Swarming drones that I don't have to feel bad watching the heroic Autobots slaughter them. I like that very much as an explanation.

I thought the heroic US military were the ones that slaughtered them with the Autobots doing this fancy little dance as they shot at the camera.

RageOnTheRoads
3rd August 2009, 06:29 PM
I thought the heroic US military were the ones that slaughtered them with the Autobots doing this fancy little dance as they shot at the camera.

To be fair, Ratched fired and reloaded his weapon...... once. ;) And I remember seeing Ironhide running form the downpour of heroic US missiles, Sideswipe and Arcees, again running. Now that I think of it, did any bot besides Bee and Prime, take down a con at the end?:confused: I don't remember much of the battle.

orionpax1
3rd August 2009, 06:32 PM
Get some else besides bay , there solved:D

Paulbot
3rd August 2009, 07:24 PM
RageontheRoads, perhaps you shouldn't look at this link:
First page of IDW's new ongoing comic series (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-page-of-idws-new-transformers-ongoing-comic-series/16659/)

omegaprime
4th August 2009, 07:26 AM
heheheheee i wounder what would happen if he said that to grimlocks face

RageOnTheRoads
4th August 2009, 09:43 AM
RageontheRoads, perhaps you shouldn't look at this link:
First page of IDW's new ongoing comic series (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-page-of-idws-new-transformers-ongoing-comic-series/16659/)

The phrase bears striking similarities to clucking bell. :( Ah, I guess it isn't that bad, I mean it is IDW... right!? They have released some good TF comics recently like......... meh. I'll just keep telling myself it could be handled a lot worse at the hands of Mr Baysplosion. My interest in the new IDW stuff is already pretty much teetering on the non existent but I'll give it a chance. If there is no mention of a Stunticon gestalt though and he is just there as Autobot cannon fodder that will be my last straw with IDW.

GoktimusPrime
4th August 2009, 01:22 PM
Ah, I guess it isn't that bad, I mean it is IDW... right!?
That's what I thought when I saw that preview - then I picked up the comic. It actually gets _worse_ artistically speaking. Story-wise I thought it was rather pedestrian (and quite disappointing from Furman). There's second story in there from a writer called Costa (can't remember his first name) an another artist; both the writing and art in that story are quite good. Hmmm... it is quite reminiscent of G2 isn't it? ;D

G1Optimal
4th August 2009, 04:48 PM
Hmm...:confused:
I wonder, if this is why there was a Decepicon Human Pretender was in the movie?
To see if it would work or was based from a Dinobot concept of some sort.

Anyway, the way story was in ROTF "Grimlock" would probably say
"Me Grimlock Think, Bay Smart...:p:D "
although, i don't think it would surprise me much if "Bay" and "Grimlock" are actually alike in someway (explosions, destruction ... etc):D